Market at 15K, UE down to 7.5..

Tell me when it's down below 6%
Wake me when we're number one in science once again.
Wake me when that 3% of our work force is recovered that we have lost under Obama.

I'll give him credit when he does.

Last edited:

Decent numbers today, real estate is clearly firming up.

Earnings are good, but revenues are still lousy. That just means that companies are lean and efficient, doing more with less, but we're still not spending enough. This rally isn't based on strong fundamentals, which is a little scary. Companies in general aren't yet ready to take a chance, too much shit to deal with.

The Fed sees this and is gonna keep a-pumpin' in the (borrowed) cash. The more they pump in now, the more they have to suck out later.

Anyone who is predicting the future is guessing.

And labor force participation rate drops to the lowest since 1978.. sounds like more phoney numbers in UE to brag about as more people have to leave the work force, got tired of looking, etc....

Still, those of us pushing any kind of significant money around (relative to ones individual circumstances, of course), has to try and read the tea leaves.

Earnings are good, but revenues are still lousy. That just means that companies are lean and efficient, doing more with less, but we're still not spending enough. This rally isn't based on strong fundamentals, which is a little scary. Companies in general aren't yet ready to take a chance, too much shit to deal with.

The Fed sees this and is gonna keep a-pumpin' in the (borrowed) cash. The more they pump in now, the more they have to suck out later.

Overall government spending is way down. Down farther then Bush or Reagan as a percentage of GDP. And still job creation in the private sector is doing better than Bush.

I'll make a prediction, the country's turned a corner.

Things are getting better.

DESPITE conservative obstruction.

Stock market has good numbers...I dont think it's because of Obama...but take a victory lap anyway

Now the UE number is crap, people keep dropping out...let me know when government programs are losing people...then we'll really know

Only Obama-bots would try and spin one of the worst economies in US history as being good news....

No one is listening but other Bots, you lost 4 million voters last election... the end is nearing for you.

And labor force participation rate drops to the lowest since 1978.. sounds like more phoney numbers in UE to brag about as more people have to leave the work force, got tired of looking, etc....

That's a myth.

/blinks....

Only an Obama bot would call undeniable, easily proven facts "a myth" when that reality does not agree with their delusions.

Any semblance of a strong recovery is going to start from the bottom and move upward. It will happen as the 75 million young people in this country begin to start their own families. Many have been holding off, but they have also been paying off debt. Once things start to turn, the economy is going to take off. We're not far away from the start of something big. I am a very big optimist in the future of America.

1# Cut the red tape-No more tape stopping one from starting a business.
2# Lower the corporate taxes, business taxes...Making us able to compete.
3# Put money into science, technology and educational programs centered around getting people back to work, etc.
4# Stop fucking around with the free market; use it. Obama's private space idea's are the best thing he has done. Why not spread these idea's around some more...
5# Stop bailing out money sinks that are failing because of their own idiocy. Running a business should be done at the corporate level.

Last edited:
1# Cut the red tape-No more tape stopping one from starting a business.
2# Lower the corporate taxes, business taxes...Making us able to compete.
3# Put money into science, technology and educational programs centered around getting people back to work, etc.
4# Stop fucking around with the free market; use it. Obama's private space idea's are the best thing he has done. Why not spread these idea's around some more...
5# Stop bailing out money sinks that are failing because of their own idiocy. Running a business should be done at the corporate level.

Conservatives fight tooth and nail to never let any of the stuff you list, happen, Matt.

With the possible exception of number 2.

Forum List

Back