🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Marriage Equality; does the end game begin?

There will never be an end game. Next will be incest and transgender marriage.

Nothing traditional will survive if the left has its way.

Live your own traditions. It is not the government's place to dictate what tradition shall occur inside private homes.

Wrong. Government has a vested interest in the continuation of the family unit. Not divorcing and being married were "traditional" and the left fucked that up.

Mark

The stupidity of the demagogues seeking to propagate the fallacy that allowing same-sex couples access to marriage law will result in the states being 'forced' to allow brothers and sisters, fathers and daughters, or three or more persons to marry is considerable given the fact that same-sex couples have been allowed to marry for more than ten years now in some jurisdictions; and during the past ten years in none of those jurisdictions have brothers and sisters, fathers and daughters, or three or more persons been allowed to marry.

So what? Change comes slowly, but it comes. No one said it will happen overnight.

Even subjects(like smoking bans) that people generally agree on, took years to fully implement. Starting with no smoking in public buildings to today "no smoking almost anywhere" bans.

Mark

Wrong. Government has a vested interest in the continuation of the family unit.

Only to the big government loving statist fucks.

They don't? It was recently reported that about half of all kids are now brought up in single parent households. 80% of juveniles that go thru the court systems are from single family homes.
Society PAYS FOR these families thru welfare and increased incarceration

Logic isn't statist.

Mark

See the far left uses term like "equality" and show they are not connected to reality.

There is no such thing as "equality" in nature..

So then, you would be okay with laws that infringe the rights of black people to marry?

Or laws that infringe the rights of Christians to practice their religion?

How would you feel about a law that taxes only men to fund a government stipend that's paid out to women?

Or infringe upon the right of a man to marry 4 women?

Mark

Will he learn his mistake if he marries his pet monkey?

Animals cannot consent.

Who says?

The "current" perception?

Mark

Trig, is that you? Because you're one retarded mother fucker. Animals cannot consent, no matter how patient the dog is by not chewing off your face when you stand on him.

Some dumb ass will "prove" that if an animal becomes aroused that it is consent.

50 years ago, people like you swore that gays would never be allowed to marry. Even the idea of it would have been preposterous.

How'd that work out?

Mark

They don't? It was recently reported that about half of all kids are now brought up in single parent households. 80% of juveniles that go thru the court systems are from single family homes.

Maybe people should be responsible for their own offspring and choose who they will raise their own children. It's not the government's job to be involved in promoting what traditions people should live by.

Some dumb ass will "prove" that if an animal becomes aroused that it is consent.

Trig, go play with the blocks. Mommy doesn't like when you play on the internets without permission. She doesn't want you looking at the evil skin women.

The normalization of depravity is just one of the divisions in the country. Just one fracture line. It is an indication that the nation is so hopelessly divided that it cannot stand.

Maybe people should be responsible for their own offspring and choose who they will raise their own children. It's not the government's job to be involved in promoting what traditions people should live by.

Government is responsible for its citizenry. Its job is to make sure that civilization and quality of life continues. When the government sets policy to make it easy to divorce, become a single mother, and collect welfare, it is working AGAINST its own best interests by "rewarding" people for making stupid choices.

So, we agree. Making people responsible for their own choices is also my goal.

Mark

Trig, go play with the blocks. Mommy doesn't like when you play on the internets without permission. She doesn't want you looking at the evil skin women.

Translation: I se your logic, but have no answer. Therefore, my next move is to "kill the messenger" to try to make myself look good.

You failed.

Mark

Supreme Court to discuss whether to take up same-sex marriage cases
Supreme Court to discuss whether to take up same-sex marriage cases KSL.com

The time has arrived to end the whining.

If SCOTUS takes it up, I predict marriage equality nationally by the end of the term.

then get ready for brother/sister, mother/daughter, sister/sister, 3 men/4 women, et al. Because such a SCOTUS ruling would open the door for all forms of "marriage" using gay marriage as a valid legal precedent.

thats the real danger, the abnormality of homosexuality is just the foot in the door.
I disagree. Marriage equality still provides the same legal protections and benefits afforded by the existing marriage contract. Marriage equality does not seek to expand the provisions of the marriage contract beyond the current two adults with no pre-existing blood relationship.

There is no reason to worry about incestuous marriages because, by definition, an incestuous relationship already provides the next of kin relationship a marriage creates. Polygamist marriage is not something marriage equality will bring about because, again by definition, a polygamist marriage includes more than the two individuals joined in a marriage contract.

No one has ever provided any real, tangible evidence that marriage equality would adversely effect their own marriage. Instead, clumsy, ham handed stabs at hypothetical strawman,are offered up. I wonder why that is?

Supreme Court to discuss whether to take up same-sex marriage cases
Supreme Court to discuss whether to take up same-sex marriage cases KSL.com

The time has arrived to end the whining.

If SCOTUS takes it up, I predict marriage equality nationally by the end of the term.

I agree. I don't care which way it goes personally, just as I feel about polygamy. It was good news though, to read about a new ruling recently in your state of Utah, Jakey, where it has now been decriminalized. Or was that a federal rule?

Jones, they are fools and very poor demagogues who are yelling and peeing in the corner because they know marriage equality will be the law of the land shortly. They would like to act like the KKK fifty years ago, but they know that would be their personal demise.

Dems, KKK? No way. That was their thing in the 50's Are they going to do it again?

Those KKK folk are now conservatives on the far right.

Forum List

Back