🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Marriage Equality More Popular than Republican Led Congress

Star

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2009
http://www.washingtonpost

imrs.php

Barney Frank had this to say about that: "I started out saying, 'Well, I'm a homosexual, but that is such an unpopular thing I will never succeed in a place where you need to be popular, politics,'" Frank said. But over the course of his time in Congress, from 1981 to 2013, things changed. "Over time the balance shifted," Frank said. "Prejudice declined but support for government declined also. By the time I retired, there was still a disparity between the social acceptability of being gay and that of being a politician, but the order had reversed."

The kicker: "When people polled about my activities, my having married a man while I was a member of Congress was much better received than having chaired the committee that wrote the financial reform bill."

Republicans are on the wrong side of history... again!

Once you all get that what are going to go after then?

this bullshit isn't about them being able to marry...over 50% of marriage's now end in divorce so think about it...

I live with someone and I can get everything I need without being married to him.

The story is this: the far reactionary right's political power has collapsed.

The mainstream GOP ignores them in Congress and turns on them in Arkansas and Indiana.

Good ole DNC rag WashingtonCompost . and get that title...no bias there

this TOPIC has to be the least important thing in peoples lives just trying to work and take care of their families

for crying out loud

The GOP legisators in Utah have been told there will no nonsense like Arkansas or Indiana in this state without political reprisal that will end their legislative careers.

Road Kill is more popular than ANY Congress.

What a freaking moron.

Congress is like your Lawyer -- Everybody hates them except for their own

What a freaking moron.

lol, tools are twisted and weird little things:50:

:dunno:

Good ole DNC rag WashingtonCompost . and et that title...no bias there his TOPIC has to be the least important thing in peoples lives just trying to work and take care of their families for crying out loud
Says Mrs. Hypocritical Bias herself

Good ole DNC rag WashingtonCompost . and get that title...no bias there

this TOPIC has to be the least important thing in peoples lives just trying to work and take care of their families

for crying out loud

I agree, marriage equality has little to no direct impact on most of our everyday lives, so why did the Bush campaign use it as issue #1 to get out the vote-----get out the bigot vote?

The strategery of using a wedge issue is to divide Americans, it's like a magic trick, while we're yelling at each other about bullshit issues over here Halliburton and KBR and etc were picking our collective pockets over there.

The lynchpin of Karl Rove’s anti-gay strategy in 2004 was to increase turnout by social conservatives through a crusade against gay marriage. Surfing on the huge anti-gay backlash after the U.S. Supreme Court struck down the "sodomy" laws that made gay sex illegal, the GOP and its Christian Right shock troops mobilized. They placed referenda to ban gay marriage on the ballot in 11 states, including four of the "battleground" states.

Gay rights and marriage equality are no longer effective wedge issues.

GOP must reach out even more to women and minorities.

Gay rights and marriage equality are no longer effective wedge issues.

GOP must reach out even more to women and minorities.

True, the Republican demographic is in decline. And given their history and party platform, I wonder how they expect to attract normal people to their bizarre ideology?

What a freaking moron.

Exactly right. Congress' popularity is not measured by opnion polls by pundits, but by the number that continue to return year after year. The real popularity of Congress is measured at nearly 95%...

No member of congress is going to care about opinion polls that are conducted nationwide because they don't need the nation to keep coming back. Just their own constituents.

Once you all get that what are going to go after then?

this bullshit isn't about them being able to marry...over 50% of marriage's now end in divorce so think about it...

I live with someone and I can get everything I need without being married to him.
No you can't.....he dies and has a will that leaves everything to someone else, you is screwed...

But let us review what kind of person you are by the sentence you wrote....
I live with someone and I can get everything I need without being married to him.[
Three I's in one short sentence...This would indicate a strong self centered person....

almost all states voted against gay marriage... the libs try to jam it through by the courts from their leftist judges.

The courts are there to protect us from that tyranny of the majority that conservatives love to rant about.
No, that's not what courts are for. Courts are not there to subvert the will of the people, which is the only legitimate source of power,a s the Founders wrote.

Forum List

Back