Marriage licenses

This is how I feel about Marriage Licenses.

If the Government can't or wont create and / or use a set of standards as to who and why they issue marriages licenses to...
Refuses to have terms for the issuance of a Marriage License...
And for some reason, can't or won't enforce any laws regarding the terms of marriage license...
Then there is no sense in having one.

This is how I would do it.

1.A marriage license is issued only to those that can prove that they have had a relationship for not less than (3) consecutive years, with both residing at the same exact household address, and have not had a single domestic violence complaint in that three year time period.

2. The parties are not blood :

Brothers
Uncles
Nephews
Cousins
Sisters
Aunts
Nieces
Sons
Grandsons / Great Grandsons
Daughters
Grand Daughters / Great Grand Daughters

3. A Marriage license is a license issued to a group of not more than (2) people.

4. In order to cancel your marriage license :

*There must be at least one arrest made by the police for Domestic violence within a 5 year period.
(and/or)
*There must be at least one recommendation of Divorce made on paper by a marriage counselor within a 5 year period.

(and/or)

*The behavior of a party must be reasonably unacceptable as defined below :

Domestic Violence (and/or) any other form of abuse which has been reported to the police within a (5) year period.
(and/or)
Drinking one sip or more of any alcoholic beverage, consistently for (180) or more CONSECUTIVE days in the presence of the spouse.
(and/or)
Drinking a total of 2,800 mL (5 U.S. pints) of Alcoholic beverages within the timespan of (7) days or less within the presence of the spouse. (and/or) coming home from anywhere intoxicated. or becoming intoxicated (1) time in the presence of the spouse within any (180) day period.
(and/or)
Being in the possession of, using, selling, growing and/or manufacturing drugs.
(and/or)
Being arrested just 1 time within any 15 year period.
(and/or)
Cheating on your Spouse.
(and/or)
Being unemployed for more than (18) months, while not being declared Disabled (and/or) not receiving services from the Department of Human Services.

5. Cheating on your spouse is punishable by up to (72) hours in Jail, and a $500 fine, and mandatory marriage counseling.

If the government can't or wont even do that much...... perhaps they shouldn't be issuing marriage licenses.
Its a waste of tax money for the legal system of marriage.
This is as ignorant and as ridiculous as it is un-Constitutional.

no it isn't.
You went to the government, so you accept a process.
When you come to the government for something, you accept it.
Don't want the law in your life ? don't go to the government.

So, let me get this straight....if I go to my local government to apply, and accept a marriage license (to be "lawfully" wed) I "OWE" the government something? Again - a marriage license is nothing more than a way to demographically track the populace and collect taxes.

Yes you owe the government your abiding by conditions of a marriage license, or any other help or service that it provides.

Bullshit. Where the hell do you think we live? The former Soviet Union!?!? No thanks comrade....

we live in a country that has a government.
Soviet or otherwise.

You are such a drama queen.

Let me guess . You had zero problem wh legal marriage until they opened it tonthe gays . Now the whole thing is a problem ?

I have been in favor of legalizing same sex marriage since about the middle of the movement.

You don't get to say that because in the 90s, when almost nobody thought about it, or agreed with it...
That I'm a hypocrite.

You can go eat crow there pal.

Then what are you crying about ?

I'm not "crying" about anything.
I'm telling you that either the Government has policies, or it should have nothing... and the way marriage is used and abused at the cost of tax dollars.. it should be fixed or abolished.

If I'm not mistaken, the idea of a "marriage license" was adopted by Rome way back when as a way to collect taxes from the people. Your idea puts the "government" farther into the lives of it's citizens. Please explain why the hell you would wish to do that? Hasn't Barry peeked into your bedroom enough?

The first federal law concerning the issuance of marriage licenses was passed in 1923.

Its a taxing process. Recording is a record keeping process. For Ice29 the soviets may have a different record keeping system.

You really don't know what you are talking about. I am an ordained wedding minister. I've performed over 1000 wedding ceremonies over the past 10 years. I happen to know just a thing or two about it.

if you are being beaten up by your spouse, and you don't want to get on the telephone and push those numbers down so hard they get stuck down....
Then you don't need a divorce either.

and the way marriage is used and abused at the cost of tax dollars..

...it should be easy to provide an example. Right? Please, show us how people are costing taxpayers money (and don't forget to show exactly how much) by using and abusing marriage.

...it should be easy to provide an example. Right? Please, show us how people are costing taxpayers money (and don't forget to show exactly how much) by using and abusing marriage.

The justice of the peace isn't "Judge Kunta Kinte"
The people who work the offices are not slaves either.

And you're unaware that people pay for marriage licenses?

I paid for a driver's license too.
They are government employees, not businessmen.
They are there whether I got a license or not, and the fees for the license doesn't pay their salary.

They are there whether I got a license or not, and the fees for the license doesn't pay their salary.

Really? Prove it.

Really? Prove it.

He is literally inventing things as he pulls them out of his ass.

Really? Prove it.

He is literally inventing things as he pulls them out of his ass.

That's right I'm pulling things about of having the fundamental ability of self thought.
You ought to try it sometime.

Oh yeah, that's right...
You need to be told everything from a source that you like.
lol

Really? Prove it.

Government licenses are not issued by Mc Donalds or Napa Auto Parts stores.

That's right I'm pulling things about of having the fundamental ability of self thought.

Oh yeah, that's right...
lol

word-salad-dinosaur.jpg

Oh yeah, that's right...
lol

word-salad-dinosaur.jpg

Having to recite something from another source... for when your brain is just too dumb to process information.
lol

Oh yeah, that's right...
lol

word-salad-dinosaur.jpg

Having to recite something from another source... for when your brain is just too dumb to process information.
lol

And just how many marriage licenses have you signed in your lifetime?

Oh yeah, that's right...
lol

word-salad-dinosaur.jpg

lol

I don't need to have signed any...
And with the way marriage licenses are issued, and the few protections that I have (if any) with a marriage license, I wouldn't sign sh!t.

I know the process of how licenses work, because I have several licenses.
A drivers's license, a business license from 3 different states.

And I am the product of a married couple and they talked to me all the time about marriage.

Oh yeah, that's right...
lol

word-salad-dinosaur.jpg

lol

I don't need to have signed any...
And with the way marriage licenses are issued, and the few protections that I have (if any) with a marriage license, I wouldn't sign sh!t.

I know the process of how licenses work, because I have several licenses.
A drivers's license, a business license from 3 different states.

I'm pretty sure the only license you have is a license to act like a moron. You really have no idea what you're talking about with all of this.

Forum List

Back