Masks aren’t needed outside

So would you say that all the doctors and nurses that treated Covid patients over the past year all caught COVID since the majority of them only used an N95 mask for protection? What do you think the smart guy in the video would look like doing the vape test using an N95? Are you starting to see the absurdity of that video yet?
N95 masks are not relevant in society because that's not what people wear. That's not what medical staff wear in medical facilities for day to day business. Lefties like to bring n95 masks up in mask discussions, since the actual filtration potential of them is remarkable, even though n95 masks don't stop covid either. As good as the filtration potential looks on paper though, contaminated air will still flow effortlessly around the mask upon exhalation. The extra filtration potential of n95 creates outward pressure upon exhalation, so the contaminated air pushes outward on the mask to create a path of least resistance. The contaminated air goes every which way until it fills a room, house, or building, just like cigarette smoke does. Just because a cigarette smoker exhales against a barrier to divert his smoke, doesn't mean that cigarette smoke won't fill an entire house within a minute or two.

Bringing up the n95 mask that we don't even see people wearing is grasping for straws. It is not required in any business that requires face coverings or masks, which is why we rarely see n95 in public. What it means when lefties bring up n95 masks, is that they already KNOW that all masks that are less than n95 don't work for covid. Lefties are relying on a mask that isn't being used in public or outside of environments where nosh approved n95 is required for specific hazmat. They are relying on the filtration potential of this to justify having society wear cheap cloth masks. What makes this even more pathetic is that the n95 STILL let's contaminated air, viruses, and droplets fill a room, airplane, car, or building.

Wearing a mask outside has always been dumb.
Yeah, it's like putting on sunscreen to go sit in a movie theater.
It’s like putting on sunscreen to go to the beach. You can get burnt, tanned or not effected at all depending on how you act
If you look at that studies on these masks? They are all done indoors.

Everyone knows that if there is an air current at all, they will be swept up, and there is absolutely nothing that a mask will do to help you. . . NOTHING.
Ok, but would you say that for the indoor conditions that these studies were conducted in that masks were effective in slowing the spread of the virus?
I'm ambivalent on the issue. The health benefits may not outweigh the social harms. The scientific evidence seems . . largely inconclusive.

Are Face Masks Effective? The Evidence.​

Updated: May 2021
Published: July 2020

Here is a thorough review of the science. Some of it .. . directly from the CDC.

Thank you. But aside from whether you support them or not you will say that after looking at the science they are effective in crowded indoor settings is that correct?
BlackRock, Inc. is an American multinational investment management corporation based in New York City. Founded in 1988, initially as a risk management and fixed income institutional asset manager, BlackRock is the world's largest asset manager, with $8.67 trillion in assets under management as of January 2021.[citation needed][6] BlackRock operates globally with 70 offices in 30 countries and clients in 100 countries.[7]

This is the corporation that owns a major stake in all the mask companies and media companies. . .

Why not take a gander at this article and use some critical thinking to understand the agenda of the interlocking directorate? :dunno:

You do know that 3M is a MAJOR, MAJOR mask producer, right?

:heehee:

You know who Deep Throat is, and his advice to Carl Bernstein and Bob Woodward? :dunno:

iu
I just read through over 5 studies that you posted and I’m trying to ask your opinion, so before I jump into another slew of articles and a new subject how about you just give me a straight answer about mask effectiveness and finish this topic
There is no reason why anybody should take any studies seriously if they have watched this video. The truth that everybody knows deep down is self evident when you watch this:

That’s just stupid. Are you seriously thinking that was a good video?

I have asked a couple people I know who vape to exhale their vape through a mask, and it looks just like in that video. A 5 year old can watch that and know better than to question it. Are you really questioning what you have seen with you very own eyes? You already know good and well that breath passes effortlessly through and around masks, since you have worn them. So does vape exhalation vapors and virus carrying vapors. You already know that nobody can explain how viruses and droplets are filtered out by masks that have holes or pores that are 1000 times larger. You know that the vapor that fogs up your glasses acts just like in that video. Trust your eyes slade, you have seen the truth with your own eyes. Why would you doubt your own two eyes and start looking at scientific studies? Is there any scientific study that can make you doubt what you see with your own two eyes?

Wait... are you under the impression that people think when you put a mask on no air gets in or out?!

my favorite part of the video is when the “doctor” has every mask in the book except the N95.... haha doesn’t get much better than that, please don’t make me explain the level of stupid in that video, you have to know and just be playing around... right?

I'm disappointed in you slade, because I know that you don't believe masks work. Stop for a moment and think about what you saw on that video. I know there is some stupid culture in this country, but c'mon. Do you realize just how stupid it is to watch that and then go around defending mask culture? With an objective mind like yours, you should be embarrassed to be seen in a mask, and you should feel insulted to have to wear one. You may feel stuck having to defend this mask scam, but you can switch to common sense anytime. Watch the video again, and ask yourself if you really want to be defending mask culture. Isolate yourself from ideology for a moment and let common sense take over.

I don’t feel insulted at all. I’m sick of masks and I can’t wait for my state to lift the mandate. I think it should be lifted by now but I wear my mask anyways when I’m around others that are wearing masks even though I’ve been vaccinated because I don’t want to make other people feel uncomfortable. It’s consideration for others not fear or sheep culture, and I think it’s a shame that people are out there shaming others for trying to be good safe and considerate citizens. My sister just had a baby a week ago and spent most of the past year pregnant which made her an extremely high risk of serious effects should she contract COViD. My concern for her and her baby’s well being is what drives me to act safely and makes me disgusted at those out there playing tough fast and lose.

My cousin is a big trumper, he thinks COVID is no different than the flu, he refuses to wear a mask or get the vaccine. He just caught Covid and spread it to his wife brother sister in law her two kids her father and his Obese alcoholic mother, my aunt, with all kinds of health problems. I just found out she tested positive. Keep your fingers crossed she survives please.

That video you posted is a joke. Did you ask yourself why that guy didn’t put on an N95 mask? Because you’d still see smoke come out and N95s are proven to be effective that’s why doctors wear them them during survey. Did you wonder why he didn’t blow the smoke with no mask on? Because you’d see it fly straight into the camera lens and spread throughout the room at a much greater degree than what the masks produced. It would have been obvious that the masks where both reducing volume and spread of the smoke which is the whole point.

You watched the video with your own two eyes and saw the self evident truth, yet you are still perpetuating this mask culture crap.

View attachment 495420

Care to address any of the several points I made showing why that video is a joke?! Memes don’t do much for me

All of your points are ridiculous, since they are meant to support the notion that mask work, when you know deep down that they don't. The most realistic laboratory test that can possibly be done to test mask function is a regular person wearing a mask and exhaling vape droplets that can be seen with the naked eye This demonstrates unbiased reality. Once you see how masks REALLY work in the real world with your own two eyes, there shouldn't be any scientific studies, testimonials, or propaganda that can convince you that masks work. You have seen with your own two eyes that they don't work.

Come on metro! I thought you were smarter than this. Is Vape smoke gas or liquid? Does Covid spread through gas or liquid? Do masks Limit the distance and volume that a human projects gases and liquids when they talk and exhale? These are simple questions with simple answers and show you how ridiculous that video is.

Why haven’t all the doctors and nurses that have been treating Covid patients for the past year caught Covid?

but I wear my mask anyways when I’m around others that are wearing masks even though I’ve been vaccinated because I don’t want to make other people feel uncomfortable
You are claiming that you are wearing a mask when you believe that you are protected by an experimental vaccine. It sounds like you have faith in the vaccine, and that you are not confident in the mask. If you are wearing a mask that you know doesn't work in order to make others feel comfortable, then you may actually be making others feel UNCOMFORTABLE. Do you really think anybody feels comfortable wearing a mask? Maybe they are not really stupid, but rather wearing a mask just to make YOU feel comfortable.
Of course I’m not confident in masks. Masks are not full proof. The disease can spread even though people are wearing masks. Masks limit the amount of virus projected and can reduce the spread but not eliminate it altogether. You should’ve play these games of absolutes it makes it sound like you don’t know what you’re talking about. I wear my mask when I’m around others wearing masks to make them feel comfortable and because my state and workplace both require it. I have no problem following simple safety measures to be a good citizen and not a pain in the ass acting like I have no regard for others.

My concern for her and her baby’s well being is what drives me to act safely and makes me disgusted at those out there playing tough fast and lose
Now you really believe in masks, after you just said you only wear them to make others FEEL safe.
Yes, that’s in public and in my work place since I’ve been vaccinated. I’m not worried about catching it or spreading it

Come on metro! I thought you were smarter than this. Is Vape smoke gas or liquid? Does Covid spread through gas or liquid?

"Unlike regular cigarettes, which burn tobacco to produce smoke, e-cigarettes are battery-powered devices that heat an e-liquid to form an aerosol, which the user inhales. E-liquids typically contain nicotine, flavoring agents and a base material, such as vegetable glycerin or propylene glycol. Because e-cigarettes do not combust tobacco, they are thought to be less harmful to human health than regular cigarettes. However, actual health risks are not well understood. Therefore, Qingyu Meng and colleagues wanted to investigate the particles produced by vaping, which typically consist of liquid droplets of the base material, and how they might be deposited in human airways."

Here is a link to entire article:

Slade, it doesn't matter if it is smoke, vapor, red dye, uv dye, or what it is that we see flowing EFFORTLESSLY through and/or around masks. What matters is that you are seeing the truth of how masks DON'T work in the real world. Same thing is true about cigarette smoke. In the real world, it does not matter if a cigarette smoker exhales against a barrier to deflect his smoke from you, the whole house will stink like cigarette smoke within a minute or two. If you saw that same video but it was about cigarette smoke instead of vape, would you believe that you are protected from secondhand smoke?

My concern for her and her baby’s well being is what drives me to act safely and makes me disgusted at those out there playing tough fast and lose
Now you really believe in masks, after you just said you only wear them to make others FEEL safe.
Yes, that’s in public and in my work place since I’ve been vaccinated. I’m not worried about catching it or spreading it
False sense of security caused by limiting your information intake to lefty media and propaganda. Most people who are dying of covid have been vaccinated.

Is Vape smoke gas or liquid? Does Covid spread through gas or liquid?
It does not matter if vape smoke is gas, liquid, solid, or pixie dust. What matters is that it is way bigger than coronavirus or typical respiratory droplets (120–165 nm), that it is inhaled, and that exhaled the same way as coronavirus is.

Breaking down particle sizes or composition of vape is ridiculous though, since you and I have seen the truth with our own two eyes. We know that it is just plain stupid to debate particle sizes when the gaps on the sides of masks are typically large enough to pick your nose through.

Finally MA has come to its senses. My kids played lax games today without masks!!! Thank goodness.

Masks don’t work. They were always a political statement.

You sound like someone from the mid 1800s who laughed at and ridiculed hand washing for sanitary reasons.

Medical masks are designed to limit bacterial infections, they are not meant for anything viral.

If you look at the precautions a BSL 4 lab take? You will quickly see through the propaganda. . .

iu

This sounds like a right wing talking point as is most debates surrounding masks being spread by right wingers. Masks greatly reduce the spread of viruses. This is why covid ran into a wall when everyone in asia immediately masked up and social distanced. Countries slow to adopt this policy or get it's ppl to adopt their usage religiously is why they suffered huge infection and death rates. When india stopped wearing masks and gathered in large groups is when their cases exploded. None of this was any coincidence.

Finally MA has come to its senses. My kids played lax games today without masks!!! Thank goodness.

You sound like someone from the mid 1800s who laughed at and ridiculed hand washing for sanitary reasons.

Medical masks are designed to limit bacterial infections, they are not meant for anything viral.

If you look at the precautions a BSL 4 lab take? You will quickly see through the propaganda. . .

iu

This sounds like a right wing talking point as is most debates surrounding masks being spread by right wingers. Masks greatly reduce the spread of viruses. This is why covid ran into a wall when everyone in asia immediately masked up and social distanced. Countries slow to adopt this policy or get it's ppl to adopt their usage religiously is why they suffered huge infection and death rates. When india stopped wearing masks and gathered in large groups is when their cases exploded. None of this was any coincidence.
You sound like a deranged panic driven leftist.

iu

What part of my post sounded panic driven?

iu

What part of my post sounded panic driven?
When you said masks greatly reduce the spread of viruses…untrue for all masks. Must be clean masks and worn properly. And you should not touch your face as that is how COVID19 spreads but tough to put a mask on and adjust it without touching your face. Then you brought up one of the least sanitary countries in the world in India. You are panic driven. Mask = Lefts MAGA hat. Finally MA saw the light.

This is why covid ran into a wall when everyone in asia immediately masked up and social distanced.
NO. . . the reason it ran into a wall in Asia. . . was because many of these folks had already been exposed to SARS.

Anyone exposed to SARS? Is immune to COVID.

". . . One antibody (named S309) potently neutralizes SARS-CoV-2 and SARS-CoV pseudoviruses as well as authentic SARS-CoV-2, by engaging the receptor-binding domain of the S glycoprotein. Using cryo-electron microscopy and binding assays, we show that S309 recognizes an epitope containing a glycan that is conserved within the Sarbecovirus subgenus, without competing with receptor attachment. Antibody cocktails that include S309 in combination with other antibodies that we identified further enhanced SARS-CoV-2 neutralization, and may limit the emergence of neutralization-escape mutants. . . "

If You've Had This Illness, You May Be Immune to COVID-19​

Why do you CARE that someone else wears a mask?
I don't care if you wear a mask or not. I care when your virtue signalling demands that I wear one to validate what you do. If you want to wear a mask--more power to you. Don't demand that I wear one. Easy. That's called freedom. Trouble is, maskers feel that even though they have been vaccinated, it is imperative everyone wear a mask--to which I say, WHY. You are protected, I don't need your mothering--I can take care of myself quite nicely.
What the hell is "virtue signaling"????
Getting vaccinated and still wearing a mask to say, "Hey, look at me, I'm a good lemming--you should be too." Somehow equating wearing a mask to a virtuous act.
It is virtuous. You are sacrificing your own comfort in order to make others feel comfortable.

Good lord. It's stupid on it's face (no pun intended). Your "comfort" is your problem, not mine or anyone else's. Grow a pair and live free.
Who said anything about your problem or my problem? The comment was about virtue

There is no "virtue" in me giving up my freedom to make you "feel" better.

This is why covid ran into a wall when everyone in asia immediately masked up and social distanced.
NO. . . the reason it ran into a wall in Asia. . . was because many of these folks had already been exposed to SARS.

". . . One antibody (named S309) potently neutralizes SARS-CoV-2 and SARS-CoV pseudoviruses as well as authentic SARS-CoV-2, by engaging the receptor-binding domain of the S glycoprotein. Using cryo-electron microscopy and binding assays, we show that S309 recognizes an epitope containing a glycan that is conserved within the Sarbecovirus subgenus, without competing with receptor attachment. Antibody cocktails that include S309 in combination with other antibodies that we identified further enhanced SARS-CoV-2 neutralization, and may limit the emergence of neutralization-escape mutants. . . "

There were only 8,000+ cases of SARS around the globe. Most asian countries were not even affected. There were over 5,000 cases in china. To say that Asia was protected because of those 8,000 WORLD cases, which we haven't seen another outbreak of for 17 years now, is rather comical. No, they were protected with one simple thing, masks.

There were only 8,000+ cases of SARS around the globe. Most asian countries were not even affected. There were over 5,000 cases in china. To say that Asia was protected because of those 8,000 WORLD cases, which we haven't seen another outbreak of for 17 years now, is rather comical. No, they were protected with one simple thing, masks.
Nope. Sweden didn’t wear masks…they are fine. You’re a liar.

If they didn't, then it shows because Sweden has had many more cases and deaths than their neighbors. Sweden has over 14,000 covid deaths. Their neighbors, Finland, Norway, and Denmark have a combined total death count of over 4k despite having a much higher combined population. Cases in Sweden are also far and away higher than their neighbors so who knows how many were hospitalized or got really sick. Yup, they are fine.

If they didn't, then it shows because Sweden has had many more cases and deaths than their neighbors. Sweden has over 14,000 covid deaths. Their neighbors, Finland, Norway, and Denmark have a combined total death count of over 4k despite having a much higher combined population. Cases in Sweden are also far and away higher than their neighbors so who knows how many were hospitalized or got really sick. Yup, they are fine.

sweden-eu-usa-may-2021.png

You're right, he is a colossal liar. :heehee:

I have a whole thread dedicated to this. First of all the final chapter has not been written and 2nd of all the economic impact has not been as severe in Sweden. Sweden didn’t lock down not just masks and today there are zero new cases. Eat it, Leftist

You're right, he is a colossal liar. :heehee:
And a complete sycophant to what the Govt tells him to do.

Forum List

Back