Mass. 2nd grader sent home for crucifix drawing

Allie- its ridiculous because this dad seemed like an involved parent and if the teacher was really concerned about the kids pychological health, she could have called him. He would have told her where they had been.

Allie- its ridiculous because this dad seemed like an involved parent and if the teacher was really concerned about the kids pychological health, she could have called him. He would have told her where they had been.

Keep in mind, the teacher is not the authority determining that the kid needs psychiatric counselling.

Keep in mind, the teacher is not the authority determining that the kid needs psychiatric counselling.

but she obviously raised the question/alarm/red flag.

but she obviously raised the question/alarm/red flag.

Yes she did...and it would not surprise me that she did because of a stated school/district policy. I have friends who are teachers who are REQUIRED to report such things and are NOT ALLOWED to make their own judgements...above their pay grade, so to speak. That may or may not be the case here.

In our district, pics of guns and other "disturbing" images should be reported. There was nothing disturbing about this pic. I think it was nice that he was thinking of Jesus at Christmas. The teacher should have used her discretion and common sense.

BTW, does anyone think this is racism by the school?

Nope, just moronicism.

Someone likely had a policy about violent drawings and the possibility they indicate violent urges in children. The teacher interpreted the drawing as violent and like a good mindless Massachusetts Democrat, referred the matter to the government; in this case her superiors at school. One idiotic step followed another and the boy was booted for confusing the symbolism for Easter with those appropriate for the Nativity.
Oh what a failing in a second grader's education to mix up religious symbols that way. What shall we do?

No wonder crucifixes aren't allowed in schools anymore. Just think about all the psychiatrists they'd have to hire. Lol

It was mentioned that boy had "special needs" That could mean a lot of things but chances are that he had a full psychiatric eval not too long ago.

What is the school doing celebrating Christmas? I thought they just had Holiday activities.

I would have failed him.

The crucifix is not associated with Christmas.

It is associated with Good Friday.

I think he needs to go to remedial Sunday school.

Forum List

Back