Mass Killings: The Blame

Damaged Eagle

My point is every right has some restrictions. So should the right to bear arms. Why do people need military grade weapons, armor piercing ammo and bump stocks to create fully automatic weapons for home defense or hunting? Why is the NRA pushing to make silencers legal? Why would you want people to be able to carry guns in a bar? Why should a state with a strict vetting system for concealed carry be forced to accept concealed carry from a state with no vetting?

My point is not wholesale gun bans and confiscation...it is some reasonable measures to try and reduce gun violence along with increased resources and parity for mental health.

Damaged Eagle

My point is every right has some restrictions. So should the right to bear arms. Why do people need military grade weapons, armor piercing ammo and bump stocks to create fully automatic weapons for home defense or hunting? Why is the NRA pushing to make silencers legal? Why would you want people to be able to carry guns in a bar? Why should a state with a strict vetting system for concealed carry be forced to accept concealed carry from a state with no vetting?

My point is not wholesale gun bans and confiscation...it is some reasonable measures to try and reduce gun violence along with increased resources and parity for mental health.

upload_2018-2-18_13-17-42.jpeg

Why do the civil law enforcement agencies require military grade equipment?

*****SMILE*****

:)

Damaged Eagle

View attachment 177553

*****SMILE*****

Exactly...why our our police militarized?

What is the explanation….seems to be more and more mass killings….

1. Guns???

If guns kill people, I guess pencils misspell words, cars drive drunk, and spoons make people fat.
No….it’s not inanimate objects that are the ultimate cause.

….there were lots of guns in earlier times….the .45 cal handgun was available….it’s called the 1911 because it was developed in 1911…and it has been ubiquitous since World War I.

In the 1990s with a handgun ban in effect, Wash DC had the highest murder rate in Western Civilization, ….and now you can own guns legally, and the homicide rate has declined.

2. Well, there was the St Valentine’s Day Massacre….and the Texas Tower…but, today we have incidents like the school shooting, and I heard on the news that Chicago sends police to funerals, where people are shooting others who they claim caused the the death they were memorializing.

And this….
“6 dead in 'calculated' shooting at backyard party in Pa.”
6 dead in 'calculated' shooting at backyard party in Pa.

It’s practically commonplace today.

But, no… not the availability of guns….it’s the degradation of the culture.

It's something else.....something that didn't begin with the start of this nation.
Not good enough any longer.

The ghosts of an increasingly large number of slaughtered schoolchildren stand against you.

:lalala: Common sense solution, one in tune with the way this country was founded. :tongue-44:
When this country was founded there were no weapons like we hav e today. Should we legalize nukes?

One of the reasons it's so difficult to have a reasonable discussion with the left is that they always go to the extremes.

If you want to end affirmative action, you must want to bring back slavery.
If you want to preserve traditional marriage, you must hate all gays.
If you don't support unions, you must want sweat shops where people work 16 hour days with no breaks.
If you believe in the right to bear arms, you must also believe citizens should have nukes.

Yet you don’t see the same from the right? They start screaming about confiscating and banning all guns if you want to ban bump stocks or keep guns out of bars. You guys are just the same.

I can’t even talk about something in between the extremes without you reflexively circling the wagons.

1. Guns???

If guns kill people, I guess pencils misspell words, cars drive drunk, and spoons make people fat.

….there were lots of guns in earlier times….the .45 cal handgun was available….it’s called the 1911 because it was developed in 1911…and it has been ubiquitous since World War I.

In the 1990s with a handgun ban in effect, Wash DC had the highest murder rate in Western Civilization, ….and now you can own guns legally, and the homicide rate has declined.

2. Well, there was the St Valentine’s Day Massacre….and the Texas Tower…but, today we have incidents like the school shooting, and I heard on the news that Chicago sends police to funerals, where people are shooting others who they claim caused the the death they were memorializing.

And this….

It's something else.....something that didn't begin with the start of this nation.
This nation was founded by war, you know that act of killing to see who gets the prize...

Name one nation that doesn't have a history of war.
Humans are violent period, it doesn't take a war for a human to kill..Degradation of society..Society is molded around warfare and those tough guy action movies..Yeah our culture exults violence...Plain and simple...The reason why it was quiet after WWII in the US is because those men had fought in war and knew inhumanity and wanted no more.. But death and murder still occurred...
So society is to blame now

The latest shooting could have been avoided if the ball wasn't dropped. He SAID he was going to do it. Law enforcement were at his residence 39 times! HE killed the people, and yes, some other dropped the ball on him too. What some do not seem to get it that if he didn't have guns, he would have done this with something else if he was going to do it.

True...but what about the others? If he hadn't had those kind of guns could he have killed as many people as quickly before someone took him down?

The thing is everyone argues as if it's "ban all guns" or "unrestricted guns". Isn't there some common sense gun control measures that might help prevent some of these things? But no one will even consider it because they are stuck on the extremes...

I can agree with that. We do need common ground and some viable solutions. Not just the 2 extremes.
I am not sure how to solve things to be honest.

As for banning all guns, the ones that really want them will still get them. This is a catch 22 at best IMO.
I do not think this country will ever ban guns, and I believe in the "right to bear", but somewhere along the line there has to be some sort of responsibility. That guy did the killing. HE is responsible for it...not the NRA IMO. Matters not if it was 2 or 22. He murdered. That is where you start.

The Leftists blame the NRA because the Leftists like with most things they are using all of this for political purposes, they have essentially only one goal and that's to ban guns that is their end game the complete disarmament of the whole American population. You have 300 million guns, those who go on these shooting sprees in proportion to responsible gun owners is a minority, yet the Leftists want to remove ALL guns from the population not just assault weapons their goal is the removal of hand guns also.
The NRA is a HUGELY INFLUENTIAL political lobby that refuses to consider even the most minimal gun laws, such as banning gun bump stocks, and are working to undo what few gun restrictions we have such as allowing people to carry guns in bars or making silencers legal or allowing of age high school kids to carry guns in school.

As a leftist I do not support banning all guns, not at all. But there is no reason for the average citizen to have military grade weaponry and armor peircing ammo. There is a common sense area between the extremes represented by NRA on one side and the most rabid leftists on the other.

Sorry, Coyote, get your facts straight rather than just talking out of your ass for a change. The NRA was founded as a firearms safety organization whose principle role was originally to help train LEOs. They were seen as a patriotic and honorable sponsor seen at the beginning of many old movies that people were proud to demonstrate their participation of. The NRA is nothing more than other American citizens fighting to protect the civil rights of the american people. Only the Left and harsh, negative publicity from the gun-haters has changed that perception.

View attachment 177538

There are already 20,000 gun laws on the books! Don't come here trying to feed us your bullshit propaganda that the NRA wants lawlessness, children with automatics running around using silencers bought at the local Walmart. It has already LONG been illegal to have a military grade weapon, silencer or armor piercing ammo, you just do not know what you are talking about and get all of your "facts" apparently from some website filling your head with rabid anti-gun, anti-NRA propaganda. Why don't people like you or Tommy The Turnip CALL the NRA up, get them on the phone and ask them what they are about and listen to what they have to say? You just might find out they are some of the nicest, most sensible, down to earth people you have ever met, people just like you.

The NRA is all about CIVIL RIGHTS??? How about these Rights of the most recent victims of gun violence to enjoy their Life, Liberty and Happiness?

"Shit happens" (you say)??? Or maybe you believe the firearm industry's bank accounts are more important than the lives of those kids, teachers and a coach.

Or, your spin will be more people are killed in car accidents in every year than by a gun. The usual bullshit, since car deaths have been reduced in recent years do to REGULATIONS.

Or the spin that every day millions of gun owners are able to save their life or property because they took a gun to the market, theater, concert, school or church.

The NRA enables gun violence, their policy is no regulations, no way; if any Pol seeks to vote for gun control, now matter how sensible, he or she will find a well funded lackey of the NRA running against them.

Suggesting that part of what was wrong with him was that he put a Nazi symbol on his book bag.

If a Nazi symbol was "something wrong", you would have to check maybe half the Republican Party.

Shooter cut himself and drew a Nazi symbol on his book bag, but DCF found him to be stable

And remember, according to Trump, some are very fine people.

So what's your suggestion, that we lock up anybody that draws a Nazi symbol on their personal items?

This coming from the same group of people that support burning our American flag in public.

Damaged Eagle

View attachment 177553

*****SMILE*****

upload_2018-2-18_13-47-34.jpeg

I asked that of you... Don't you know? My stance is that whatever's available to civil law enforcement at all levels should be available to the general public. If they feel a need for it then so do I. Otherwise that equipment should remain in military hands.

*****SMILE*****

Damaged Eagle

View attachment 177553

*****SMILE*****

View attachment 177561

I asked that of you... Don't you know? My stance is that whatever's available to civil law enforcement at all levels should be available to the general public. If they feel a need for it then so do I. Otherwise that equipment should remain in military hands.

*****SMILE*****

My opinion is neither police nor citizenry should not have military grade equipment.

:lalala: Common sense solution, one in tune with the way this country was founded. :tongue-44:
When this country was founded there were no weapons like we hav e today. Should we legalize nukes?

One of the reasons it's so difficult to have a reasonable discussion with the left is that they always go to the extremes.

If you want to end affirmative action, you must want to bring back slavery.
If you want to preserve traditional marriage, you must hate all gays.
If you don't support unions, you must want sweat shops where people work 16 hour days with no breaks.
If you believe in the right to bear arms, you must also believe citizens should have nukes.

Yet you don’t see the same from the right? They start screaming about confiscating and banning all guns if you want to ban bump stocks or keep guns out of bars. You guys are just the same.

I can’t even talk about something in between the extremes without you reflexively circling the wagons.

No, the right doesn't do what the left does. And do you think for one minute if the Democrats could ban guns, they wouldn't?

What the left does is set an ultimate goal, and take baby steps to achieve that goal. The left are very patient people just like the terrorists. They have all the time in the world.

I remember when I was a kid. They said the gays just wanted to come out of the closet. That's all. Just leave them be and they'll be happy.

Fast forward to today, states are forced to accept gay marriages. They adopt children and have parades downtown. They kiss and make out in public. They are openly in our military. They have become a protected class.

When I was a kid, people smoked cigarettes everywhere. In the grocery store, in the hospital rooms, on airplanes. But the left complained about movie theaters. That's all the want to be happy, just no smoking in the movie theaters.

Fast forward to today, you can't smoke a cigarette in most places......even outside. You can't smoke at work, at the bar, at the bowling alley, in certain apartment buildings, and even talk about a ban in government housing.

I remember when the left wanted a ban on lead in gasoline. That's all they wanted. That would make them happy.

Today we have over 60 blends of gasoline because of pollution regulations. Cars cost thousands of dollars more because of pollution gadgets. It's now penetrating the transportation industry and these trucks have constant problems because of pollution. We can't even buy real light bulbs anymore in this country.

The point is that the left doesn't stop at point A. Oh, they said it would make them happy, but they never are. So they advance to point B, then C, then D, and eventually a defenseless society. That's my concern about it.

Guns don't kill people. People with guns kill people.

What then? Then we should do everything possible within the confines of our Constitution to regulate who gets guns, and how they get guns.
Someones Firearm ownership is none of your business, it’s none of my business and certainly none of the fucking federal government business… fact

It become my business when kids are being massacred.
It become my business when people use this type of gun to massacre innocent people.
Why? Because kid can obtain this AR15 so easily.

Because you sell guns and ammunition doesn’t seems to care......... Are these massacres acceptable?

Sorry, Coyote, get your facts straight rather than just talking out of your ass for a change. The NRA was founded as a firearms safety organization whose principle role was originally to help train LEOs. They were seen as a patriotic and honorable sponsor seen at the beginning of many old movies that people were proud to demonstrate their participation of. The NRA is nothing more than other American citizens fighting to protect the civil rights of the american people. Only the Left and harsh, negative publicity from the gun-haters has changed that perception.

View attachment 177538

There are already 20,000 gun laws on the books! Don't come here trying to feed us your bullshit propaganda that the NRA wants lawlessness, children with automatics running around using silencers bought at the local Walmart. It has already LONG been illegal to have a military grade weapon, silencer or armor piercing ammo, you just do not know what you are talking about and get all of your "facts" apparently from some website filling your head with rabid anti-gun, anti-NRA propaganda. Why don't people like you or Tommy The Turnip CALL the NRA up, get them on the phone and ask them what they are about and listen to what they have to say? You just might find out they are some of the nicest, most sensible, down to earth people you have ever met, people just like you.

The NRA is all about CIVIL RIGHTS??? How about these Rights of the most recent victims of gun violence to enjoy their Life, Liberty and Happiness?

Do show us all where it says that in the United States Constitution.

"Shit happens" (you say)??? Or maybe you believe the firearm industry's bank accounts are more important than the lives of those kids, teachers and a coach.

Or maybe you believe that you should disarm the law abiding population with useless gun laws so the criminal element can do as they please.

Or, your spin will be more people are killed in car accidents in every year than by a gun. The usual bullshit, since car deaths have been reduced in recent years do to REGULATIONS.

How many died in Marseilles? Were they unworthy of any laws to protect them from raging madmen? How about the people in New York who were ran over recently? Were they unworthy also?

Or the spin that every day millions of gun owners are able to save their life or property because they took a gun to the market, theater, concert, school or church

You deny that other civilians use their guns to save lives now?

The NRA enables gun violence, their policy is no regulations, no way; if any Pol seeks to vote for gun control, now matter how sensible, he or she will find a well funded lackey of the NRA running against them.

It seems that the same can be said for progressive lackeys who screech about creating more laws to ban firearms when the laws they've already created only appear to make the matter worse.

th

*****SMILE*****

Last edited:
Are these massacres acceptable?
Sandy Hook showed school children were an acceptable price to pay for easy access to military style semi automatics and large capacity handguns. The latest shooting has reinforced that, as one can tell from the contributions on the various threads.

Damaged Eagle

View attachment 177553

*****SMILE*****

View attachment 177561

*****SMILE*****

My opinion is neither police nor citizenry should not have military grade equipment.

th

Is that a both should or shouldn't? I can't tell with the way it's written. It sounds like a double negative to me.

*****CHUCKLE*****

1. Guns???

And this….

No, guns are not to blame.

Just like planes are not to blame for 9/11.

But we made it very hard for terrorists to get a plane filled with jet fuel.

Semi-autos with high capacity magazines become common and so do mass shootings. Go figure. Oh and the gun industry gave us bump stocks too. Who would think we'd have more casualties with more dangerous guns...

Bump stock were used one time.......ONE TIME in a mass murder. It was the bump stock that jammed the shooters guns. Those guns were never designed to handle the heat from multiple rounds shooting that quickly.
Yep, Now because of the bleeding hearts lighting their hair on fire I can’t keep bump stocks, in stock, before this I could hardly sell them because They were just a gimmick and a fucking joke.

To be totally honest, I never heard of them until Vegas. I'm sure most people didn't. In regards to background checks, that guy passed all his background checks for the guns he purchased.

Correct Paddock passed bc but there are people with criminals and other people that committed lesser crimes like domestic violence and child beater or abuser....... Go through this process but they are being rejected as we speak. Even tax evaders are not getting this through. So it does work.

Sad part people that are in no fly list can still buy guns........ All we need is a common sense law. We do not need to ban all weapons.

Anti who blamed liberalism or conservatism for this epidemic of mass shootings is not of sound mind...it's scary someone would even being this up. with this many people in a SO called great nation the mentally twisted mentally ill are trying to get attention. Mental illness is real and needs to be brought to the forefront...and insurance companies need to be forced to accept claims. As for banning smoking, it's one of the best things we've done. Test people for nicotine and raise their insurance premiums.

1. Guns???

And this….

As usual you’re 100 % wrong.
Major demonstrations in Florida today DEMANDING the gutless GOP congress and president to protect our children. Enough is enough. Your NRA defending bullshit stops right here, right now.
You’re ALWAYS on the wrong side of history.

Floridians Tell Politicians Who Do The NRA’s Bidding Their Time Is Up | HuffPost
I hope that this anger does not get dissipated.

There is an answer to all this. Countries with strong gun control aren't constantly burying their children from school shootings....
I think it will come incrementally. The current situation has failed.

Something need to be done to stop this carnage. We just saw 17 people massacred because kids can obtain this type of guns so easily.
And we saw people here advocating choose NOT to do anything.

1. Guns???

And this….

THE TRUTH IS WIDE OPEN FOR ALL TO SEE:

Blame the guns? Blame the FBI? Better think again.

Parkland Shooting Copycat Threats Result In School Lockdowns, Arrests

All across this country, STUDENTS are making threats against their schools on social media, leaving notes under doors, etc., etc.---- many kids have been arrested. Why would all these kids be doing this?

THE GUNS AREN'T MAKING THEM DO IT.

THE NRA CERTAINLY ISN'T!

What do all these kids HAVE IN COMMON? Are they threatening their parents? The Library? The local movie house? The supermarket or shopping mall?

NO! They are stepping forward with threats against THEIR SCHOOLS. How many are serious and how many are just trying to put a little fear into their school we will never know, but CLEARLY, the government-run PUBLIC SCHOOLS are pissing off a lot of kids to the point of feeling they must take drastic action, up to and occasionally including actually shooting people there with a gun.

UNTIL THAT MATTER IS ADDRESSED, that the PUBLIC SCHOOLS ARE CAUSING THIS VIOLENCE and not the weather, not the lunch menu, not this fall's TV schedule, not the NRA or guns themselves, we will NEVER end school shootings.

Are you missing something? At the end of the day kids can obtain guns very easily.

Forum List

Back