🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Mass killings

Really? How so?

A firearm is a firearm. They all shoot the same speed.

Quit lying to yourself.

Then there's no reason to make military spec weaponry available to the public. I mean if they're all the same, you won't miss them.

There is one reason. The 2nd Amendment. Argue you believe it outdated but until you change it, it is what it is.

It certainly doesn't protect your right to own anything without restriction.
It certainly does.

Really?
What class of licsense is required to own a fully automatic weapon legally?

Is that a restriction?

To note......that has never been challenged.

Really? How so?

A firearm is a firearm. They all shoot the same speed.

Quit lying to yourself.

Then there's no reason to make military spec weaponry available to the public. I mean if they're all the same, you won't miss them.

There is one reason. The 2nd Amendment. Argue you believe it outdated but until you change it, it is what it is.

It certainly does.

Really?

Is that a restriction?
Fully automatic weapons are illegal...

And? How did you then make the jump to OKC?

Your statements. You said banning certain weapons would change tactics (I'm asking if that is a positive thing) and said it would be less effective (I showed where it wouldn't).

Then I said OKC was a one off. It certainly hasn't been repeated. Has it? Not to mention, there's nothing stopping anyone from doing it at anytime. Oh, wait there is. We banned the sale of large quantities of fertilizer to the general public.

No. It is not difficult to get enough fertilizer. We did that to feel safe.

We have been.
Unless there's something you're planning that you'd like to share.

Most have simply taken the easier route. That doesn't mean they won't take the one that takes just a little more effort.

Most don't have the skill, vision or funding to pull off a Mcveigh.

Why would you do that?
That is what the Democrats are saying to do, isn't it?

If we see red flags on social media, we should report it so that people don't go on killing sprees. Being intolerant is a red flag.
That is what the Democrats are saying to do, isn't it?

If we see red flags on social media, we should report it so that people don't go on killing sprees. Being intolerant is a red flag.

WTF are you talking about? No.

You should call the FBI because I called you out for advocating being rude?

That's just dopey logic.
I'm beginning to think you don't understand what the word "tolerance" means.

LOL...
I know it has nothing to do with killing.
To those who are trained from the diaper to not accept any view of the world but their own, it is. Even you, in the face of the truth that intolerance is your mainstay, refuse to acknowledge that you can be tolerant of others. Eventually -- just like these shooters -- you will reach a point in which you cannot take it any more. Sound familiar?

I see it all the time now that Trump has been elected, and it is getting worse. Even with yhou.

You know? You know what? That you won't crack and start killing people?

How do I know? Why shouldn't I send the authorities to your house to check you out and put you on a watch list?

The fact that I don't suffer fools, racists, bigots, homophobes, xenophobes, supremacists, etc... doesn't make me dangerous. It makes me well adjusted.

Not sure if anyone remembers, it was on July 18, 1984 - in San Ysidro, California, there was a mass shooting at a McDonald's. Twenty-one people were killed, and 19 were seriously wounded.

Mass shootings are not new. We just haven't had as many as this past years or so.

We don't need laws changed, or new laws on the books. I believe that they should be strictly enforced. We cannot prevent ALL incidents like these. But we need to stop putting a band-aid on the problem. We need to get to the root of the problem and correct it.
At times, they are falling through the cracks.
Some say, "It's not my problem. Why should I do anything about it?"
I say, "It's everyone's problem. We all live in this society. We all have to deal with it. If we are going to be a community at all."

Of course, there are those out there, that don't want to be "part of the community". So, they rather blame others for the problem.

"Man is his own worst enemy."

It can all be tracked to the lack of discipline and no respect for authority taught in the government halls of indoctrination over the law 50+ years. Society has been on a steady decline since.

Bullshit. It can all be tracked to demonizing “others” and to the easy availability of mass killing weapons.

Then perhaps you commies should stop demonizing everyone who disagrees with you. But semiauto weapons have been available to the public for more than 110 years. The steady decline of morality and personal responsibility in the country is relatively new and can be tracked directly to the removal of discipline in the schools, starting in the early 60's. That's about the time you commies started taking over the education system and the very reason I chose not to bring children into this world.

The mentally ill can not heal themselves.

Mental illness isn't new either.

It certainly does.

Really?

Is that a restriction?

To note......that has never been challenged.
And?
What does that have at all to do with what I posted?

It certainly does.

Really?

Is that a restriction?

No they aren't. They are restricted.

Your statements. You said banning certain weapons would change tactics (I'm asking if that is a positive thing) and said it would be less effective (I showed where it wouldn't).

Then I said OKC was a one off. It certainly hasn't been repeated. Has it? Not to mention, there's nothing stopping anyone from doing it at anytime. Oh, wait there is. We banned the sale of large quantities of fertilizer to the general public.

We have been.

Most have simply taken the easier route. That doesn't mean they won't take the one that takes just a little more effort.

People can easily build a bomb.

Not sure if anyone remembers, it was on July 18, 1984 - in San Ysidro, California, there was a mass shooting at a McDonald's. Twenty-one people were killed, and 19 were seriously wounded.

Mass shootings are not new. We just haven't had as many as this past years or so.

We don't need laws changed, or new laws on the books. I believe that they should be strictly enforced. We cannot prevent ALL incidents like these. But we need to stop putting a band-aid on the problem. We need to get to the root of the problem and correct it.
I say, "It's everyone's problem. We all live in this society. We all have to deal with it. If we are going to be a community at all."

Of course, there are those out there, that don't want to be "part of the community". So, they rather blame others for the problem.

It can all be tracked to the lack of discipline and no respect for authority taught in the government halls of indoctrination over the law 50+ years. Society has been on a steady decline since.

Bullshit. It can all be tracked to demonizing “others” and to the easy availability of mass killing weapons.

Then perhaps you commies should stop demonizing everyone who disagrees with you. But semiauto weapons have been available to the public for more than 110 years. The steady decline of morality and personal responsibility in the country is relatively new and can be tracked directly to the removal of discipline in the schools, starting in the early 60's. That's about the time you commies started taking over the education system and the very reason I chose not to bring children into this world.

It isn't and we have had issues for decades.

It certainly does.

Really?

Is that a restriction?

Hmm...
Are they?

We haven’t referred to conservatives as an “infestation” or said “America will never be great again until we get rid of all the conservatives”. I read shit like this board every single day.

“Liberals are scum” “liberals favour open borders”. “Kill them all”. None of the liberals here are spouting racist violent rhetoric of the kind I read every single day.

We have been.

Great. But that fact really has nothing to do with mass shootings. It's an entirely different problem.

We have been.

All you need is the internet, be handy with tools and a few thousand dollars.

Other than the police - no armed citizens stepped forward to stop the carnage in El Paso and Dayton. Why not? Where were all the brave NRA gun nutters?
--------------------------- as I have already explained to YOU and to save typing just let me say , no American gun carrier has a DUTY to intervene in a gun fight unless he decides to intervene . And even shorter explain . Gun Carriers are not he Police Lakhota ,

We have been.

Great. But that fact really has nothing to do with mass shootings. It's an entirely different problem.

It has to do with the idea of banning guns will get people to change tactics. I'm asking if that is really a solution. I say no.

It certainly does.

Really?

Is that a restriction?
--------------------------- Machine guns , no they are not illegal but they cost a lot of money to buy and there is a lots of paperwork , cost and other hoops to jump through .

Last edited:
I was watching Fox yesterday after his 'manifesto' was announced. In the forty-five minutes or so after I switched channels, Fox pundits warned of the danger of video games, but hardly mentioned the weapon and its capabilities.

If the Right Wing wants to play that cultural game I say being it on!

Exhibit A: No one ever jacked a liquor store with an Xbox.

Exhibit B: Video games are a world wide media outlet that dominates the film industry. Are other mass shootings around the world the fault of video games?

Other mass shootings around the world are seen by us as acts of terrorism. Because that's exactly what they are. When people from the Middle East use mass murder to advance their politics, we call it Islamic terrorism.

How can we not see that these mass shootings are politically motivated? White Nationalism has been given a winking eye by this presidency. Are we going to call mass shootings with political motives terrorism?

I agree with you on the danger of video games not being the real issue. For those with mental issues, I could see it, however 99% of Americans can play the games and not go on a shooting spree.

I can can agree on the shootings being an act of terrorism because they are. Many act of terror all over the world, some groups claim responsibility, those are political.

The terrorist acts in the mass killing in the United States are not political and are not tied to any organization or organizations. The mass shooters in the United States seem to have a warped sense of reality and mental disorders.
The common postings, the White Nationalist phrases; 'invasion', 'infestation', 'vermin', 'criminal'. After the Tree of Life here in Pittsburgh, after Christchurch, New Zealand, after Charleston, South Carolina, after El Paso after all these preventable tragedies White Narionalism is linked to the shooter.

More Americans have bee killed and wounded by White Nationalist attacks than by attacks by ISIS. Aren't White Nationalists due the same scrutiny as members of ISIS?

ISIS is an organized terrorist group, no doubt and they also would actively claim terrorist acts. These groups of killers you could label them as White Nationalists however they all appear to be loners and nothing really linking them to any one cause, they all seem to be random renegades, this leads me to believe that, all, or the majority have other mental issues or personality disorders involved.

We have been.

And bombs can just as easily blow up in their faces, or go off too soon. Hence the reluctance of even idiot racists to use bombs. Besides, they’re not selective.

Shooters get to choose who lives and who dies. It is the ultimate power. The El Paso shooter went after Hispanics. The Ohio shooter seemed to go after blacks but were still waiting for a motive there.

It isn't and we have had issues for decades.

Actually people have had issues with mental illness from the beginning of time. But in the past even they knew they would be held responsible for their actions, if they were functional, that's not necessarily the case now.

Forum List

Back