Mass shooting: At Least 11 Shot At Gilroy Garlic Festival

California has banned guns, right? but...this sort of tragedy still happens over there!

Perhaps a good guy should have carried a gun to defend himself and others,and the outcome would have been different.
California has not banned guns. A lot of hunters here. You got bad intel
It's just very difficult to get a gun permit. Cops can arrest the person defending himself just as easily as the perp.
They don't have some kind of force-field around gun-free zones so you're pretty much on your own in the state of California.
Even if everybody carried guns in Cali the festival banned weapons like most large gatherings do... even Trump rally’s.
And that may help but nothing prevents an angry nutjob from killing.

Snips: Gilroy Garlic Festival gunman cut through back fence to avoid security, police say

"Smithee said the festival had security checkpoints with metal detectors."

"Taylor Pellegrini, 25, said that her bag was checked at the entrance but that one of her friend’s was not"

Gilroy Garlic Festival gunman cut through back fence to avoid security, police say
Yes I agree. I’m seeing these posts trying to make the case that California’s gun laws somehow played a factor in this, which just doesn’t make sense.

Consider this......

Speaking from Statistics......when a Lefty says guns are dangerous, and civilians shouldn't have guns....they are categorically talking about other Leftists.

They are openly admitting their own are the problem.

...and yet, I have never heard anyone but RW nuts say the words, "civilians should not have any guns", and it is always something that the RW nut seems to remember some leftist as saying. Nobody ever seems to know exactly who that leftist is.

Scott Israel, former Broward Sheriff who oversaw the Parkland shootings and assisted them

Broward Sheriff Scott Israel said:
Civilians shouldn't own guns, that's what the Police are for

A MILLION other examples

Shooter confirmed to be right wing nutjob Trump supporter who quoted white supremacist nonsense in his instagram account.
No it was confirmed shooter was shouting I'm with her, I'm with her, I'm with her, like an Islamic Jihadist would shout Allahu Akbar, and he was supposedly wearing one of those pussy hats
He was a gun pussy so why shouldn`t he wear a pussy hat whatever the hell that is?

California has banned guns, right? but...this sort of tragedy still happens over there!

Perhaps a good guy should have carried a gun to defend himself and others,and the outcome would have been different.
It's just very difficult to get a gun permit. Cops can arrest the person defending himself just as easily as the perp.
They don't have some kind of force-field around gun-free zones so you're pretty much on your own in the state of California.
Even if everybody carried guns in Cali the festival banned weapons like most large gatherings do... even Trump rally’s.

Snips: Gilroy Garlic Festival gunman cut through back fence to avoid security, police say

"Taylor Pellegrini, 25, said that her bag was checked at the entrance but that one of her friend’s was not"

Gilroy Garlic Festival gunman cut through back fence to avoid security, police say
Yes I agree. I’m seeing these posts trying to make the case that California’s gun laws somehow played a factor in this, which just doesn’t make sense.

The Draconian Gun Laws of California certainly didn't prevent this. And that's the point

Just admit you have no answer for anything and that you do not want to punish crime.

So because I think these guns need to be banned I am against law enforcement?

Really?
Tell us how banning them will have any effect on anything when there are countless other guns that can be used and the banned guns can be obtained illegally?

Then you have to ban all those other guns too

That is the goal after all

Don't look now. Your paranoia is gaining on you.

Really?

Why is there a call to ban " assault weapons"? Because they are used to kill people

So ban the AR 15 and when another gun is used to kill a few people at a garlic festival what do you do?

You say we have to ban that gun too

etc etc etc

A less powerful weapon would men fewer casualties.

I think brainwashing or hatred in our schools might have something to do with it.
Why is it always some young kid?

Consider this......

Speaking from Statistics......when a Lefty says guns are dangerous, and civilians shouldn't have guns....they are categorically talking about other Leftists.

They are openly admitting their own are the problem.
Actusally, liberals aren't saying that so fuck off.

Really?
Tell us how banning them will have any effect on anything when there are countless other guns that can be used and the banned guns can be obtained illegally?

Really?

Why is there a call to ban " assault weapons"? Because they are used to kill people

So ban the AR 15 and when another gun is used to kill a few people at a garlic festival what do you do?

etc etc etc

Theoretically, sure.

Except for the fact that if the perp couldn't buy a more powerful weapon legally, he'd buy it illegally.

Libs fail to consider the fact that there is a lively black market in the field of firearms.

So the Shooter was of Iranian Dissent, and he did not like President Trump. From his brother's Instagram

“Rising tuition and housing costs adversely affect students nationwide,” the story quoted Rosino Legan. “Now, President Trump revealed in his budget plan that they were going to eliminate subsidized student loans. Myself and millions of other students heavily rely on these loans.”

Really?

Really?

etc etc etc

An AR 15 is one of the lowest powered rifles on the market.

Every rifle I own is more powerful than an AR 15

Apparently guy was asked by people screaming "why are you doing this" and he responded "because I'm really angry".

6 Year old boy killed so that some POS could get his anger out in the form of mass murder. This is the world we live in.
Correction: This is the country we live in.
There is risk inherent to freedom. The more security one has; the less freedom one has. There’s no way around it. You just have to decide which is more important to you. Real, traditional Americans who align more closely with the founders vision for this nation, choose freedom every time...
Our founders Never. Ever. In A Million Years. would have found our level of gun homicide and ever increasing mass shootings of innocent civilians an acceptable trade for "freedom."
That's bullshit.
That’s pure speculation on your part. No one finds it acceptable by the way. That’s why it isn’t accepted. It’s criminalized.
Mass shootings and the killing of innocents is the price we pay for our 2nd amendment rights. Not calling for the repeal of the 2nd and I believe in private gun ownership.
We live in a culture of violence...and it is accepted by the vast majority. Whine if you will..and then turn on another action flick with 70 deaths by gun. Maybe kick back with a 1st person shooter and kill everything in cyberspace. While your children watch and learn.
Our culture is what it is--and I want a gun or two...to protect myself from everyone else's guns.

To paraphrase:
From time to time the Tree of Liberty must be watered....with the blood of innocents.
All I can say to that is,
upload_2019-7-29_12-52-1.png

Really?

etc etc etc

Yes.

But the AR15 has such a fearsome reputation among Liberals, so if you just show the AR15 to a leftist he will lose control of his bowels and be rendered incapacity without firing a round.

This has been answered multiple times.

Banning assault type rifles would at the least reduce the carnage.

The truth is most of you deplorables are chicken shits.

If you did not have access to such a powerful weapon, would you even consider one of these killings?

We should alsi ban tactical gear.
A rifle can assault someone!??? What do you have video evidence??

a Baseball bat is a bat typically used in Baseball.

Am assault rifle of a rifle typically used in military assaults.

An Asaault type rifle is a rifle that resembles an assault rifle.

A Maga hat is a hat worn by dumbasses.

Tell me, tard - which of the following is an "assault rifle"?

View attachment 271777

View attachment 271778
So, we can't talk abouyt assault type weapons without more of this bullshit.

Answer the question - which one is the assault rifle?

What are the models?

The top is likely the Ruger Mini that you assfucks use as an example of a semi automatic. Don't know what the other one is - maybe the same gun accessorized to look like a scary weapon.

We don't need these guns. We need to limit magazine size.

So why do you people want these guns? Because you can shoot straight? Because they look scary & you think it makes you a tough guy? Because it is so much fun to get all beered up & shoot bottles?

Really?

etc etc etc

Yes.

But the AR15 has such a fearsome reputation among Liberals, so if you just show the AR15 to a leftist he will lose control of his bowels and be rendered incapacity without firing a round.
Show me your AR-15 & I'll laugh at you for being so stupid to actually own one.

Correction: This is the country we live in.
There is risk inherent to freedom. The more security one has; the less freedom one has. There’s no way around it. You just have to decide which is more important to you. Real, traditional Americans who align more closely with the founders vision for this nation, choose freedom every time...
Our founders Never. Ever. In A Million Years. would have found our level of gun homicide and ever increasing mass shootings of innocent civilians an acceptable trade for "freedom."
That's bullshit.
That’s pure speculation on your part. No one finds it acceptable by the way. That’s why it isn’t accepted. It’s criminalized.
Mass shootings and the killing of innocents is the price we pay for our 2nd amendment rights. Not calling for the repeal of the 2nd and I believe in private gun ownership.
We live in a culture of violence...and it is accepted by the vast majority. Whine if you will..and then turn on another action flick with 70 deaths by gun. Maybe kick back with a 1st person shooter and kill everything in cyberspace. While your children watch and learn.
Our culture is what it is--and I want a gun or two...to protect myself from everyone else's guns.

To paraphrase:
From time to time the Tree of Liberty must be watered....with the blood of innocents.
All I can say to that is,
View attachment 271785
How many other of your guaranteed rights are you willing to give up to prevent criminals from committing crimes?

Of course I do. Where does it say I need to be strapped to take control of my own safety?! That’s a pretty stupid statement
Your reaction is very revealing. What the fuck is strapped? You're in the same situation and the gunman sees you and a family member. What do you do?
I do whatever I can to keep everybody safe, what kind of question is that?! Let me ask you something’s. Do you always have a gun on you? Do you take it to your kids school? To concerts, movie theaters, baseball games?

If not then why? Is that an example of you not taking responsibility for your own safety?
If you feel the need too ponder what kind of question I asked you,then you are not prepared to protect anyone. Yes I always carry. Regradless what a sign may say
Ok captain commando do what you gotta do... don’t worry about me I’ve been just fine
between you and me I choose not to be a victim and wait to be protected you, on the other hand, have cast your die and it came up craps
Well I’m calling your bullshit. You don’t always have a gun on you. There are times whether it be in church or a swimming pool or at a movie theater where I’m sure you don’t have a gun at your side and during those times I can use your same argument against you that you are trying to use against me. Fact is that it’s an idiotic agreement that it is necessary to have a gun at all times to be responsible and protected. I could take the argument further to highlight the stupidity and say that whenever you are not wearing full body armor you are being unsafe and irresponsible as you never know when a bullet may come flying.

You’re argument is weak and I think I just pointed out the absurdity of it so best to stop using it from now on captain

So the Shooter was of Iranian Dissent, and he did not like President Trump. From his brother's Instagram

“Rising tuition and housing costs adversely affect students nationwide,” the story quoted Rosino Legan. “Now, President Trump revealed in his budget plan that they were going to eliminate subsidized student loans. Myself and millions of other students heavily rely on these loans.”
The suspect name is
Santino William Legan

oh ok so everybody can carry in Cali?
Sure if you get a permit. I own a handful of guns haven’t taken the time to go get a CC but don’t really need one. A bunch of my friends have them
I lived in San Diego for 8 years. You had to have somebody who had a permit vouch for you.....and if you shoot someone....even in defense...you and your friend could be hauled into court and possibly imprisoned for assault.
I’ve never heard of this rule that you need a permit holder to vouch for you. Can you provide more details about that?
I tried to get one when I was working at a liquor store back in the 80s in San Diego. Somebody has to vouch for you.
It’s not the 80s and I don’t believe that is the case anymore

The suspect name is
Santino William Legan
Yes, he was of Iranian and Italian dissent, and hated President Trump, and actually just hated everything and everyone.
Fine Product of the Fucked up California School System.
Probably couldn't figure out what bathroom to use so he became enraged and went Postal.

The Draconian Gun Laws of California certainly didn't prevent this. And that's the point
If a law did actually prevent a crime how would that be proven?

Forum List

Back