Mass shooting in Chicago - 13 shot

You mean that if you point the gun at the criminal, and they run away, you will shoot them in the back? I know you don't. Therefor you have the gun for protection. Sorry, your argument is full of shit.

And deterrent, the majority of legal gun use never requires discharging the weapon.

Then why have them? You cant deter someone if they see you wont even pull the trigger.
They have no idea what I will or won't do.

If the sudden appearance of a firearm is enough to halt an attack, or criminal activity...it has served it's purpose.

You mean that if you point the gun at the criminal, and they run away, you will shoot them in the back? I know you don't. Therefor you have the gun for protection. Sorry, your argument is full of shit.

Thats exactly what I mean. I dont point guns at people unless I'm going to use it.

Unless you are PREPARED to use it.

Just because you pull it out doesn't mean you MUST use it.

Evidently if you pull it out you are prepared to use it. If you pull a gun on someone and are only using it for a deterent you have a great chance of getting your gun taken and yourself killed.

And deterrent, the majority of legal gun use never requires discharging the weapon.

Then why have them? You cant deter someone if they see you wont even pull the trigger.
They have no idea what I will or won't do.

If the sudden appearance of a firearm is enough to halt an attack, or criminal activity...it has served it's purpose.

Youd be surprised what people can see. So you dont put ammo in your weapon?

I have fired my weapons, shot hundreds of thousands of bullets, and I have killed no one.

Why do you shoot guns? They could kill someone. If you are not prepared to kill someone you really shouldnt have a gun.

i disagree. i've never owned a gun, but have plenty of friends who do. the only shooting we do, i borrow their guns, is at the range or some place in the hills shooting cans. you don't need to be prepared to kill someone if you own a gun.

for example, you can shoot to wound in order to defend yourself. you're being irrational.

that is absolutely false. we have waiting periods, licensing for concealed carry, no automatic guns, we have gun locks etc...we have toughened gun laws...

gun deaths have dropped since the 80's

care to try again?

further, how does a car cause an accident. please explain.

Blown tire, stuck accelerator, brakes fail

and those make up a tiny fraction of auto deaths. as do faulty guns that go off, misfires, backfires, etc...

so we are back to your false claim that people say "fuck you, there is nothing we can do". can you be honest admit your claim is false and that we have done much to make guns and gun use safer?

bump

I have fired my weapons, shot hundreds of thousands of bullets, and I have killed no one.

Why do you shoot guns? They could kill someone. If you are not prepared to kill someone you really shouldnt have a gun.

Garbage. To YOU who has a gun solely so that you can shoot someone with it, that might make sense. To the rest of the sensible world, it doesn't.

i disagree. i've never owned a gun, but have plenty of friends who do. the only shooting we do, i borrow their guns, is at the range or some place in the hills shooting cans. you don't need to be prepared to kill someone if you own a gun.

for example, you can shoot to wound in order to defend yourself. you're being irrational.

That he is.

Thats exactly what I mean. I dont point guns at people unless I'm going to use it.

Evidently if you pull it out you are prepared to use it. If you pull a gun on someone and are only using it for a deterent you have a great chance of getting your gun taken and yourself killed.

I didn't say "only" use a gun as a deterrent, I said if a deterrent use resolves the situation, there is no NEED to take a life.

9 times out of 10, a deterrent use DOES resolve the situation.

Here is a recent example from the news here in Missouri.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MYUdPrs2Ls]Man Pulls Gun on Robber VIDEO Missouri liquor store clerk pulls gun on armed robber - YouTube[/ame]

Yes you can shoot to wound if you are that capable. More likely is that you will miss and get yourself killed. I dont play with guns because they are not a toy. I think people that play with guns or use them to make themselves feel more manly should be the first people to get their guns confiscated. This is a problem you need to get straight with. I'm not the one thats irrational here.

Garbage. To YOU who has a gun solely so that you can shoot someone with it, that might make sense. To the rest of the sensible world, it doesn't.

I dont think its very sensible to have a gun if you are not going to use it to kill someone. Thats what they were made for. If you want a toy go get a BB gun and shoot cans with that.

I didn't say "only" use a gun as a deterrent, I said if a deterrent use resolves the situation, there is no NEED to take a life.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MYUdPrs2Ls]Man Pulls Gun on Robber VIDEO Missouri liquor store clerk pulls gun on armed robber - YouTube[/ame]

I guess thats where I differ. I think the best deterrent is the news that someone got blown away trying to rob my store in this case for example. The next person to rob the store may not be afraid just because you pulled one out. If he knows you are going to use it he will look for an easier target. What if the guy had shot him instead?

I dont think its very sensible to have a gun if you are not going to use it to kill someone. Thats what they were made for. If you want a toy go get a BB gun and shoot cans with that.

Just because you can't understand it doesn't make your warped sense of reality the right one. We have been trying to help you understand it but you are being irrational.

I guess thats where I differ. I think the best deterrent is the news that someone got blown away trying to rob my store in this case for example. The next person to rob the store may not be afraid just because you pulled one out. If he knows you are going to use it he will look for an easier target.

Concidering your irrational posts, what you think doesn't have much merit.

Ever hear of hunting? Ever hear of protecting yourself and your family if you live in the country/woods? Guess what - wild animals will attack and kill humans. Not everyone that has a gun thinks of killing another human. Grow Up!

Just because you can't understand it doesn't make your warped sense of reality the right one. We have been trying to help you understand it but you are being irrational.

Let me get this straight. You have a weapon that can kill someone but you dont want to kill someone. If you dont want to kill someone but you want a deterrent go get some bear spray. You are the one being irrational here. It doesnt make sense to own a weapon capable of killing someone if thats not what you have it for. Does that really make sense to you?

Ever hear of hunting? Ever hear of protecting yourself and your family if you live in the country/woods? Guess what - wild animals will attack and kill humans. Not everyone that has a gun thinks of killing another human. Grow Up!

Apparently he bought his gun so he could shoot someone.

If you live somewhere and have to hunt for your food or kill wild animals attacking you that makes sense. You are killing something. My neighbor who shops at Safeway, encounters no wild animals, but is not prepared to kill another human being doesnt need a gun.

Thats what they were made for. Any other rationale is delusional since there are safer alternatives.

Let me get this straight. You have a weapon that can kill someone but you dont want to kill someone.

Yes.

If you dont want to kill someone but you want a deterrent go get some bear spray.

Bear spray won't work idiot.

You are the one being irrational here.

You reeaaly need to look up the definition of "irrational" you are way off.

It doesnt make sense to own a weapon capable of killing someone if thats not what you have it for.

I have it for protection. Not to kill someone.

Does that really make sense to you?

Yes of course it makes sense, it makes sense to me and anyone else with two brain cells to rub together.

Your stubborn adherance to the logically false narrative that the only reason to have a gun is to kill some one, is about as irrational as it gets. We've tried to explain it to you but you are apparently incapable of reason.

Thats what they were made for. Any other rationale is delusional since there are safer alternatives.

You really haven't thought that out much.

Forum List

Back