Mass shooting in Chicago - 13 shot

043.jpg

Untrue.

Their purpose is mainly for protection, since hunters make up a minority of gun owners. A gun does not have to kill to protect. It doesn't even have to be fired in some cases.

Thats not even close to being true. Protection is a byproduct. Guns were made to kill.

It's absolutely true. Just because it doesn't fit your narrative doesn't mean it isn't true. Irregardless of what they were made for, protection is their function for the majority of gun owners.

The purpose of a gun is to kill. Thats why people get them. If protection was the main reason then wouldn't a stick or a knife do?

lessen or eliminate what?
Deaths by gun. Also is the real world or hypothetical best case scenario?

We will never eliminate deaths by gun as long as we continue to focus solely on guns as the problem.

I agree. The first step is ridding the world of the need or perceived need to have guns in the first place. If you can do that expediently then it wouldn't matter. I dont think anyone has the answer to that.

Thats not even close to being true. Protection is a byproduct. Guns were made to kill.

It's absolutely true. Just because it doesn't fit your narrative doesn't mean it isn't true. Irregardless of what they were made for, protection is their function for the majority of gun owners.

The purpose of a gun is to kill. Thats why people get them. If protection was the main reason then wouldn't a stick or a knife do?

Complete bull shit. Repeating that bull shit over and over does not make it true.

A knife allows the criminal to get too close, and they will laugh at the stick. I can't believe you actually said that.

Complete bull shit. Repeating that bull shit over and over does not make it true.

A knife allows the criminal to get too close, and they will laugh at the stick. I can't believe you actually said that.

I thought it was appropriate in light of you claiming it was for protection. I have guns and my intent is to blow someone away if they come in my home. I am under no illusions about that. I also have a protection trained pitbull that will allow me not to come in contact with any criminal. I'd like to see you tell a criminal you have a gun in the upstairs bedroom for protection so he better leave.

Last edited:

I thought it was appropriate in light of you claiming it was for protection. I have guns and my intent is to blow someone away if they come in my home. I am under no illusions about that. I also have a protection trained pitbull that will allow me not to come in contact with any criminal.

You mean that if you point the gun at the criminal, and they run away, you will shoot them in the back? I know you don't. Therefor you have the gun for protection. Sorry, your argument is full of shit.

I thought it was appropriate in light of you claiming it was for protection. I have guns and my intent is to blow someone away if they come in my home. I am under no illusions about that. I also have a protection trained pitbull that will allow me not to come in contact with any criminal.

I have guns, and if I never have use them against another human being, I will die a happy man.

You mean that if you point the gun at the criminal, and they run away, you will shoot them in the back? I know you don't. Therefor you have the gun for protection. Sorry, your argument is full of shit.

Thats exactly what I mean. I dont point guns at people unless I'm going to use it.

And deterrent, the majority of legal gun use never requires discharging the weapon.

Thats exactly what I mean. I dont point guns at people unless I'm going to use it.

Ok, let me rephrase that.

Asclepias has his gun so he can kill someone with it. Most everyone else has a gun for protection.

Better now?

I have guns, and if I never have use them against another human being, I will die a happy man.

Then what do you have them for? There are other less dangerous way to provide protection for your home.

And deterrent, the majority of legal gun use never requires discharging the weapon.

I have fired my weapons, shot hundreds of thousands of bullets, and I have killed no one.

Then why have them? You cant deter someone if they see you wont even pull the trigger.

Unless you are PREPARED to use it.

Just because you pull it out doesn't mean you MUST use it.

I have fired my weapons, shot hundreds of thousands of bullets, and I have killed no one.

Why do you shoot guns? They could kill someone. If you are not prepared to kill someone you really shouldnt have a gun.

I have guns...if I don't shoot my eye out, I will die a happy man

RedRiderBBgun.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back