Mass shooting in Chicago - 13 shot

That has nothing to do with what we are talking about. I dont want to kill anyone either but i will if they come in my home.

Yes bear spray does work on bears. I know from first hand experience. theres also mace and pepper spray that works on humans

Yes I see the difference. So you choose to have a weapon that can kill someone for protection instead of something else that can provide protection that is non-lethal? Is this correct?

That is correct. I choose to use a gun for protection.

Thats why I say you are being irrational or deluding yourself. if you are fine with killing someone with it then thats what you got if for. There are other methods of protecting your home.

And you are wrong. Your statements don't make sense logically. Just because there are other methods of protecting your home and family does not logically mean that a gun is not used for protection. That does not make logical sense. You are incapable or unwilling to understand that simple fact. No delusion, just fact. You are being irrational.

i don't need to get straight with anything. you're the one with the irrational fear of guns and you're simply projecting your own inadequacies onto others.

should people who buy sports cars to feel manly have their cars confiscated?

I dont fear guns I have respect for what they can do so I dont treat them as toys or a phallic symbol. Why should we confiscate sports cars? They were not created to kill people nor do people buy them for that reason or protection.

and once again you show you only care about deaths depending on the tool. that is irrational. using your logic, we should never use rat poison because its sole purpose is to kill and guess what, it kills HUMANS.

can you now see how irrational you are?

I only see how hard you are reaching. The fact is that a gun is a tool made to kill people. I cant shoot anyone with rat poison and the primary purpose of rat poison is to kill rats not people.

I dont fear guns I have respect for what they can do so I dont treat them as toys or a phallic symbol. Why should we confiscate sports cars? They were not created to kill people nor do people buy them for that reason or protection.

and once again you show you only care about deaths depending on the tool. that is irrational. using your logic, we should never use rat poison because its sole purpose is to kill and guess what, it kills HUMANS.

I only see how hard you are reaching. The fact is that a gun is a tool made to kill people. I cant shoot anyone with rat poison and the primary purpose of rat poison is to kill rats not people.

Remember what I told you earlier, it doesn't matter what a gun is made for, it can still be used for protection. And is, in the majority of cases.

That is correct. I choose to use a gun for protection.

Thats why I say you are being irrational or deluding yourself. if you are fine with killing someone with it then thats what you got if for. There are other methods of protecting your home.

And you are wrong. Your statements don't make sense logically. Just because there are other methods of protecting your home and family does not logically mean that a gun is not used for protection. That does not make logical sense. You are incapable or unwilling to understand that simple fact. No delusion, just fact. You are being irrational.

The statement does not make sense only when you try to change the subject. Protection is a byproduct of having a gun. Lots of things can provide protection. The purpose of having a gun is to kill. Thats like saying nuclear weapons were made to deter. No they were made to turn the other country into a glass parking lot. A byproduct of that is the deterrent they provide

Remember what I told you earlier, it doesn't matter what a gun is made for, it can still be used for protection. And is, in the majority of cases.

Do you remember what I told you? It does matter because they kill people. They are not toys.

Thats a lot of hypotheticals pointing to a fairytale ending. Maybe its because of some of the things I saw growing up. If i let a guy go and he kills someone else that would bother me way more than me killing him now and his family suffering. Its possible that this could be an aha moment for the criminal but it also could be a case where he comes back shoots you for payback. it took a lot of thinking for me to come to my stance. A rule I learned growing up is not to point a gun at someone unless you are going to use it. Since a gun can kill you I next had to ask if i was prepared to take a life in defense of my home. The answer was yes so I got a gun.

I have no problem with your stance.

The only issue I had was with the statement "I only point a gun a someone when I intend to use it."

My point was, a circumstance may arise where a person who, as an example, is threatening you with a knife, or a club, might surrender at the appearance of a defensive firearm...in that instance you could brandish your gun and not intend on using it if it was successful in deterring a criminal.

In this example, once you deployed your firearm, would you be intent on using it?

The fact remains that he is wrong in his irrational claim that guns are only for killing.

That is not my claim. I resent you saying that. My claim is a guns purpose is to kill.

not reaching at all. both tools primary purpose is to kill. that is your point. you're being a little crazy by back peddling. what about a bow? are you opposed to those as well?

I have no problem with your stance.

The only issue I had was with the statement "I only point a gun a someone when I intend to use it."

My point was, a circumstance may arise where a person who, as an example, is threatening you with a knife, or a club, might surrender at the appearance of a defensive firearm...in that instance you could brandish your gun and not intend on using it if it was successful in deterring a criminal.

In this example, once you deployed your firearm, would you be intent on using it?

The fact remains that he is wrong in his irrational claim that guns are only for killing.

That is not my claim. I resent you saying that. My claim is a guns purpose is to kill.

so is rat poison....

not reaching at all. both tools primary purpose is to kill. that is your point. you're being a little crazy by back peddling. what about a bow? are you opposed to those as well?

No the primary purpose of rat poison is to kill rats. The primary purpose of a gun is to kill humans. I havent moved yet but you seem to have lapped me moving the goal posts.

when and what post? i have not read every single post in this thread asswipe. i'm not the one dancing, you are. my stance is clear, yours is not.

but i understand that you don't want to clarify, because then you will look dumb.

when and what post? i have not read every single post in this thread asswipe. i'm not the one dancing, you are. my stance is clear, yours is not.

but i understand that you don't want to clarify, because then you will look dumb.

Show me where I'm dancing please. Its pretty simple. Look at my first post you disagreed with. You dont have to read every post in the thread. I just got on it today. BTW when you call people names out of frustration you look dumb.

The statement does not make sense only when you try to change the subject. Protection is a byproduct of having a gun. Lots of things can provide protection. The purpose of having a gun is to kill. Thats like saying nuclear weapons were made to deter. No they were made to turn the other country into a glass parking lot. A byproduct of that is the deterrent they provide

How thick-headed are you really? Must be pretty damn thick.

Do you remember what I told you? It does matter because they kill people. They are not toys.

I never said they were toys dumbass.

Guns do not kill people dumbass.

Forum List

Back