Massachusetts: This Is The Nation’s Toughest Gun Law

I believe all gun owners should be required to have a permit and undergo the same requirements as outlined in the OP. Anyone not willing to undergo such requirements should not be allowed to have guns. It's a small inconvenience to help make us all more secure from gun violence.

How will it stop black market sales?

You do know many people will straw purchase or steal the weapon, so as you applaud the laws, well they still do not stop the criminal element all the time!

That's what I can't understand, how so many people can't see that laws only affect those who abide by them. Those given to misdeeds are not concerned about laws.

So why have speed limits and motor vehicle laws? In fact, why have any laws if criminals don't abide by them? Does that make sense to you?
Well, first of all, there are no rights to driving a motor vehicle outlined in the constitution, so, having speed limits is a legitimate set of laws.

Putting laws on motor vehicles doesn't have any nearing on freedoms and liberties of the people, however, speeding poses an imminent danger to the driver as well as other motorists on the road. Aside from the driver possibly making a mistake and causing harm to others, there are also outside factors to consider. Road conditions, weather, congestion, all of those things pose a problem where excess speed is concerned.

As far as seatbelt laws are concerned, I disagree with them. If you want to drive around without a safety belt, that should be your business. It's like how most states don't have helmet laws, but they have seatbelt laws. That doesn't make any sense. The only time a seat belt law should be enforced is if there is a child in the car, who doesn't have the ability to protect themselves, or affect the outcome should an accident happen.

Most laws are redundant, murder, robbery, those are things that are common sense and apply to all people. Other laws are implemented to guide people into following the rules, don't cheat on your taxes, don't trespass on private property.

None of these apply to guns, because guns don't kill people, people kill people. This idea that banning guns will make the country a safer place is just a myth. Murderers will find a way to murder, and often, with just as much efficiency as a firearm.

Who's talking about "banning" guns? As a lifelong gun enthusiast, hunter, and law-abiding U.S. citizen - I fully support closing all loopholes. Here's what I want: Ban assault weapons. Ban high-capacity magazines.
Would you support banning assault cars that go over 65 mph? How about cars with automatic transmissions and electrical starters?

Cars aren't made to kill.
On that note, what about hammers? Many of today's hammers are based on medieval weapons of war designed for wounding and killing specifically by defeating heavy armor of the time.

Cars aren't made to kill. They are classified as transportation - not weapons. BTW, speed limits regulate how fast we can go. Police monitor violators.
Cars are based on chariots, which were made to kill.

Design is irrelevant.

The intent of the user is.

You can throw out all the analogies you want. You cannot overlook the intent of the user. You also cannot stop bad behavior. You cannot control free will. Stop trying to do it.

So, should we just abolish all laws? Do any laws save lives?

None have and you know it!

Cars aren't made to kill. They are classified as transportation - not weapons. BTW, speed limits regulate how fast we can go. Police monitor violators.
Cars are based on chariots, which were made to kill.

Design is irrelevant.

The intent of the user is.

You can throw out all the analogies you want. You cannot overlook the intent of the user. You also cannot stop bad behavior. You cannot control free will. Stop trying to do it.

So, should we just abolish all laws?
Just the stupid ones that dumbasses like you like to support.

Why have laws - even if criminals ignore them?

I believe all gun owners should be required to have a permit and undergo the same requirements as outlined in the OP. Anyone not willing to undergo such requirements should not be allowed to have guns. It's a small inconvenience to help make us all more secure from gun violence.

You do know many people will straw purchase or steal the weapon, so as you applaud the laws, well they still do not stop the criminal element all the time!

If u make it hard to straw purchase then you make it hard to buy black market . Raising the prices for would be criminals .

A lot of these “stolen “ guns are just sold and claimed stolen.

It's $100 bucks !!! No poor person in MassaHoochets gonna afford that. I sense a discrimination suit on this. Must be rich white privilege to have a "permit"..

Here's the Application that's so innovative and exciting.

https://www.mass.gov/files/documents/2017/12/13/Updated LTC_FID card app - REVISED 05.19.15.pdf

Far as I can tell, most ALL of the questions are on the EXISTING NICS questionnaire.. Except maybe that "Green Card" question. And here's the WORST PART..

Far as I can tell the ACTIVE DATE on a "permit" is TEN DAYS.. $100 for a 10 day window to buy "ONE" gun or as many as you want??? And do you have to take the SAME COURSE everytime you purchase ANOTHER GUN?

If you do --- it's a $100 TAX on every gun you buy. THERE is what MassaHoochets is doing right there...

I smell law suits. Fire up the Supremes. I wanna hear "Come See About Me" or "Run RUn Run".

Even if true - it's a small price to pay for owning deadly weapons!

The most deadly weapon in America is the automobile... You have a Constitutional Right to own a firearm but you do not have a Constitutional Right to drive.

So let cut the nonsense and admit firearms are only dangerous to those like you that are ignorant...

Hey, why have immigration laws!? Illegals will just ignore them.

And none of that stops free will. It only provides for prosecution and punishment for offenders. Laws DO NOT PREVENT!!!

It's $100 bucks !!! No poor person in MassaHoochets gonna afford that. I sense a discrimination suit on this. Must be rich white privilege to have a "permit"..

https://www.mass.gov/files/documents/2017/12/13/Updated LTC_FID card app - REVISED 05.19.15.pdf

Far as I can tell, most ALL of the questions are on the EXISTING NICS questionnaire.. Except maybe that "Green Card" question. And here's the WORST PART..

Far as I can tell the ACTIVE DATE on a "permit" is TEN DAYS.. $100 for a 10 day window to buy "ONE" gun or as many as you want??? And do you have to take the SAME COURSE everytime you purchase ANOTHER GUN?

If you do --- it's a $100 TAX on every gun you buy. THERE is what MassaHoochets is doing right there...

I smell law suits. Fire up the Supremes. I wanna hear "Come See About Me" or "Run RUn Run".

The most deadly weapon in America is the automobile... You have a Constitutional Right to own a firearm but you do not have a Constitutional Right to drive.

So let cut the nonsense and admit firearms are only dangerous to those like you that are ignorant...

BUT BUT BUT "made to kill" and "weapons of war"!!!!

If u make it hard to straw purchase then you make it hard to buy black market . Raising the prices for would be criminals .

Sorry Timmu but criminals do not care about your laws. You can pass all the laws you want but the criminal will never obey.

Also do you have proof to support stilen firearms are just sold or is it that your opinion as usual?

Firearms are designed to kill . Cars are not .

Automobiles are heavily regulated - guns aren't.

Shannyn Moore: My Guns Are Less Regulated Than My Uterus

Tens of thousands of people are killed yearly on this Nations Highway system, so you're correct people obey the laws, wait no they do not!

Hell we have had Presidents break the law, so the law is there just to punish and never stop a crime!

Sorry Timmu but criminals do not care about your laws. You can pass all the laws you want but the criminal will never obey.

Also do you have proof to support stilen firearms are just sold or is it that your opinion as usual?

You don’t see the paradox that these people buy firearms to stop criminals from stealing their crap, and the result is their firearm is stolen!?

Forum List

Back