Massive Amtrak Crash....but who cares about our highways and trains?

We've already funded an automated system, to set
This line, the Northeast Corridor, is a nightmare to ride. The rail system between D.C. and Boston hasn't been updated in over 60 years.

But bomb, bomb, bomb ....bomb, bomb Iran. Yeah baby! Defense spending trumps our own citizens' ability to get to work every day.

Death Toll Rises to 6 in Philadelphia Amtrak Train Wreck
(140 injured)

Death Toll Rises to 6 in Philadelphia Amtrak Train Wreck - WSJ
BN-IJ919_0513pa_P_20150513003151.jpg

The Chinese, French, Italians, Japanese, et al. are laughing at us.
large_article_im2631_China_Bullet_Train.jpg
This line, the Northeast Corridor, is a nightmare to ride. The rail system between D.C. and Boston hasn't been updated in over 60 years.

But bomb, bomb, bomb ....bomb, bomb Iran. Yeah baby! Defense spending trumps our own citizens' ability to get to work every day.

Death Toll Rises to 6 in Philadelphia Amtrak Train Wreck
(140 injured)

Death Toll Rises to 6 in Philadelphia Amtrak Train Wreck - WSJ
BN-IJ919_0513pa_P_20150513003151.jpg

The Chinese, French, Italians, Japanese, et al. are laughing at us.
large_article_im2631_China_Bullet_Train.jpg

We need a pipeline...
We already paid for the improvements to automate the speed of Amtrak, you dumb ass piece of shit.

Want to post a link or just continue to spew pixelated methane?

GOP Appropriators Cut $250 Million of Grants for Amtrak Capital Investments
May 13, 2015, 3:12 PM ET
By JOHN PARKINSON
GOP Appropriators Cut 250 Million of Grants for Amtrak Capital Investments - ABC News

Last time I mentioned our crumbling infrastructure I was derided for sounding like a broken record. So six people dead and 140 injured. So six people dead and 140 injured. So six people dead and....

Not to mention that all train traffic between Phila and NYC has been stopped since last night at 9:30. You shut down NYC and the country will come to a halt, too.

It is truly tragic that these people were killed, it truly is. But if you really cared about the US infrastructure, and bettering the lives of workers period, you would push for the adoption of telework and flex work systems in all industries where that is possible. Everything else you whine about is merely mental masturbation.

The facts are that trains don't pay for themselves. Period. They CAN work in extremely dense population areas like the one involved, but even there....were it not for the millions of car drivers the trains would be gone.

Work to do something that would actually be beneficial to the planet and people in general. This sniveling of yours is just stupid.

First you whine about people who won't get a job, and then when they do you don't care if they can get to it.

I don't know where you live, but the train system in the NY metro - Phila - DC area serves millions of people.

I know you don't have that many people in your holler' down there in the swamp, but I am sniveling about something that affects food supplies, energy and commerce being able to function at a higher level than the 3rd World transportation system that people like YOU have us living in today.

No, you dumbass. I want people to have a better quality of life. They can get that by teleworking or using flex work scheduling. Your bleating about the "infrastructure" while amusing ignores the very real facts that most people don't need to go to their place of work to do their jobs. They can do it from home.

Further you ignore the actual cause of the accident which was the simple fact that the operator (most likely) fucked up and drove the train into a 50 mph corner at 107 mph. No fault of the "infrastructure" but a huge fault of the operator.

In other words you cannot support your feckless position.

No. I'm simply not going to waste my time explain what Post Roads are and are not to you or anyone else. Beyond that and Government facilities like Forts, Naval Yards, and Federal Government buildings; the US Federal Government has no place being involved in the construction or development of infastructure anywhere outside of Washington, DC.

May 13, 2015, 3:12 PM ET[/B]

The total legitimate US Federal Investment in AMTRAK is $0.00. It should be taken over by a PRIVATE company (if anyone would take it) and either run by them or put out of everyone's misery (my preference).

Last time I mentioned our crumbling infrastructure I was derided for sounding like a broken record. So six people dead and 140 injured. So six people dead and 140 injured. So six people dead and....

Not to mention that all train traffic between Phila and NYC has been stopped since last night at 9:30. You shut down NYC and the country will come to a halt, too.

It is truly tragic that these people were killed, it truly is. But if you really cared about the US infrastructure, and bettering the lives of workers period, you would push for the adoption of telework and flex work systems in all industries where that is possible. Everything else you whine about is merely mental masturbation.

The facts are that trains don't pay for themselves. Period. They CAN work in extremely dense population areas like the one involved, but even there....were it not for the millions of car drivers the trains would be gone.

Work to do something that would actually be beneficial to the planet and people in general. This sniveling of yours is just stupid.

First you whine about people who won't get a job, and then when they do you don't care if they can get to it.

I don't know where you live, but the train system in the NY metro - Phila - DC area serves millions of people.

I know you don't have that many people in your holler' down there in the swamp, but I am sniveling about something that affects food supplies, energy and commerce being able to function at a higher level than the 3rd World transportation system that people like YOU have us living in today.

No, you dumbass. I want people to have a better quality of life.
They can get that by teleworking or using flex work scheduling.

Holy shit, I can stop you right there.

Many employers don't allow telecommuting, even when their employees are working on computers all day.

People who drive buses, teach school, hand out parking tickets, fill cavities, fix your car, take your blood pressure, make your hamburger and pump your gas can't telecommute, you totally out of touch dumbass.

The total legitimate US Federal Investment in AMTRAK is $0.00. It should be taken over by a PRIVATE company (if anyone would take it) and either run by them or put out of everyone's misery (my preference).
Indeed.
Non-commuter passenger rail service is unprofitable because of low demand; the market prefers air and auto travel.
Public subsidies for a non-essential service the market does not want is, well, stupid.

Trains operate on fixed track with known safe speeds for every foot of track. Automation with known parameters is not that difficult.
I don't understand why the engineer even has the option of speeding.

No, you dumbass. I want people to have a better quality of life.
They can get that by teleworking or using flex work scheduling.

Holy shit, I can stop you right there.

Many employers don't allow telecommuting, even when their employees are working on computers all day.

People who drive buses, teach school, hand out parking tickets, fill cavities, fix your car, take your blood pressure, make your hamburger and pump your gas can't telecommute, you totally out of touch dumbass.

Yes, I know they don't. THEY SHOULD! That's the damned point I'm making dipshit! If you truly cared about the quality of life, of the American worker, you would be pushing for the adoption of telework for ALL workers in industries capable of it. But no, you would rather flap your gums about something that is untrue.

Typical brainless idiot at work.

At this time we don't know what speed the train was actually traveling through that curve. That doesn't alter the fact that the DC-NYC track is rated for high speed Acela service.

Yeah we do you lying sack of shit....only train you been on was the one pulled on you in a jail cell.

:cuckoo:

You can be traveling on a road with a 45 mph speed limit that has a corner with a 25 mph speed limit. That doesn't change the speed limit for the entire road, just that corner!

Indeed.
Non-commuter passenger rail service is unprofitable because of low demand; the market prefers air and auto travel.
Public subsidies for a non-essential service the market does not want is, well, stupid.

Exactly. This past Christmas I looked at going to my mother's home in Buffalo, NY by train. When we looked at it, it was quicker, cheaper and easier to DRIVE more than 300 miles from central Massachusetts to Buffalo, NY than it was to take an AMTRAK train whose rails literally run parallel to the highway (Route 90) for the vast majority of the route. 4.5-5 hours quicker and proably $125 dollars cheaper (even including gas and food). Why would anyone even consider taking the train in that type of situation?

In other words you cannot support your feckless position.

No. I'm simply not going to waste my time explain what Post Roads are and are not to you or anyone else. Beyond that and Government facilities like Forts, Naval Yards, and Federal Government buildings; the US Federal Government has no place being involved in the construction or development of infastructure anywhere outside of Washington, DC.

Yet again you tacitly admit that you cannot support your feckless position.

Indeed.

You've got it backasswards if you are referring to the NE corridor. And that's what this thread is about.

:cuckoo:

You can be traveling on a road with a 45 mph speed limit that has a corner with a 25 mph speed limit. That doesn't change the speed limit for the entire road, just that corner!

and traveling twice the rated speed of the corner is acceptable to you? you're the weird one, this is public transit, not you driving yourself around a corner. if he indeed that was the speed, i can believe anyone would justify doing 107 around a corner rated at 50 mph. that is insane.

and comparing 45 to 25 shows how weird you are. you know nothing about speed.

Indeed.
Exactly. This past Christmas I looked at going to my mother's home in Buffalo, NY by train. When we looked at it, it was quicker, cheaper and easier to DRIVE more than 300 miles from central Massachusetts to Buffalo, NY than it was to take an AMTRAK train whose rails literally run parallel to the highway (Route 90) for the vast majority of the route. 4.5-5 hours quicker and proably $125 dollars cheaper (even including gas and food). Why would anyone even consider taking the train in that type of situation?
Indeed. Try NY to LA, airplane v train.
Quick look: $429 / <7 hours v $218 / ~75 hours

Forum List

Back