MASSIVE SHOOTING in MAINE RIGHT NOW and shooter on the lose

Goldwater was a Civil Rights hero, you dumb fuck.....MLK sided with the devil and black children have been dying in the 10s of thousands ever since......

Goldwater.....

Barry M. Goldwater: The Most Consequential Loser in American Politics

Goldwater treated all people the same. As a private citizen, he flew mercy missions to Navaho reservations, never asking for recognition or accepting payment. He felt that “the red man seemed as much—if not more—a part of Arizona and America as any white or black person.”[20] Moreover, a few weeks after Goldwater was discharged from the Army in November 1945, Democratic Arizona Governor Sidney Preston Osborn asked him to organize the Arizona Air National Guard. One of Goldwater’s first recommendations, soon approved, was to desegregate the unit. Goldwater’s integration of the state’s Air National Guard took place more than two years before President Harry Truman integrated the U.S. armed forces.

Goldwater was an early member of the Arizona chapters of both the NAACP and the National Urban League, even making up the latter’s operating deficit when it was getting started. Later as a Senator, he desegregated the Senate cafeteria in 1953, demanding that his black legislative assistant, Kathrine Maxwell, be served along with every other Senate employee after learning she had been denied service.

In the mid-1970s, a member of the Senate Intelligence Committee, investigating improper operations of the intelligence community in the United States, proposed that transcripts of the FBI tapes about Martin Luther King Jr.’s alleged indiscretions be published. An outraged Goldwater declared he would not be a party to destroying King’s reputation and strode out of the committee room. A fellow Senator recalled that Goldwater’s protest “injected some common sense into the proceedings,” and the electronic surveillance transcripts were not released.[21]

That his opposition to the Civil Rights Act of 1964 was based on constitutional grounds and not political considerations was underscored in the final week of the fall campaign.

Speaking in Columbia, South Carolina, Goldwater condemned segregation and declared that government must treat “all men as equal in the arena of law and civil order.”[22] He pledged if elected President to implement all provisions of the act. His forthright pro-civil rights speech was televised on 87 stations throughout the South.

---

http://www.newsmax.com/John-Gizzi/B...ights-Act-San-Francisco/2014/07/18/id/583541/

As for the Republican nominee's position on the Civil Rights Act, Goldwater had said he would vote for passage if Section II on public accommodations and Section VII on equal employment opportunity were removed. With his view reinforced by a detailed memorandum from Phoenix lawyer and future Chief Justice William Rehnquist, Goldwater felt these sections were unconstitutional, were unenforceable without a federal police force, and would lead to the creation of racial quotas and affirmative action.

"He was absolutely right about [the two sections of the Civil Rights Act] and they did lead to precisely what Goldwater and most conservatives were afraid of," said Tom Winter, then executive editor of Human Events, who would join Ryskind as its co-owner a year later. As for the "extremism in the defense of liberty" speech, Winter recalled watching it from a San Francisco restaurant "and cheering it because it was clearly about freedom and fighting communism. I certainly didn't think it had anything to do with race."

https://freedomsjournalinstitute.org/uncategorized/urban-legend-goldwater-against-civil-rights/

More specifically, Goldwater had problems with title II and title VII of the 1964 bill. He felt that constitutionally the federal government had no legal right to interfere in who people hired, fired; or to whom they sold their products, goods and services. He felt that “power” laid in the various states, and with the people. He was a strong advocate of the tenth amendment. Goldwater’s constitutional stance did not mean he agreed with the segregation and racial discrimination practiced in the South. To the contrary, he fought against these kinds of racial divides in his own state of Arizona. He supported the integration of the Arizona National guard and Phoenix public schools.[4] Goldwater was, also, a member of the NAACP and the Urban League.[5]
His personal feelings about discrimination are enshrined in the congressional record where he states, “I am unalterably opposed to discrimination or segregation on the basis of race, color, or creed or on any other basis; not only my words, but more importantly my actions through years have repeatedly demonstrated the sincerity of my feeling in this regard…”[6]. And, he would continued to holdfast to his strongly felt convictions that constitutionally the federal government was limited in what it could do, believing that the amoral actions of those perpetuating discrimination and segregation would have to be judged by those in that community. Eventually, the states government and local communities would come to pressure people to change their minds. Goldwater’s view was that the civil disobedience by private citizens against those business establishments was more preferable than intervention by the feds. He, optimistically, believed that racial intolerance would soon buckle under the economic and societal pressure.
Can you tell me what legislation he passed that advanced civil rights and voting rights protection for black folks?

I'll wait

Because I will stand with MLK's opinion of the Conservative movement's opposition to Civil Rights legislation than a moron like yourself

It has nothing to do with gun control. It has to do with releasing a mentally ill man knowing this could happen. It is progressive fuckery that is killing this country.
All those fucking Long Term Mental Asylums they closed in the 60s-80s should have been rebuilt and re-opened. Some crazy bastards cannot be seen as an "Outpatient". If you have a friend or relative that "hears voices" fucking report their ass immediately to the police and say they are a threat to Society!

MLK didn't make an ignorant claim....

He was 10000% right....do you know who was nominated the GOP presidential candidate in 64? The guy who is most famous for opposing the Civil Rights/Voting Rights Act....

and since that guy was nominated, the GOP has bled all of the black support it once had....it's almost like policies matter....

View attachment 849475
No. It was an ignorant claim.

Yea I do know who was nominated. So what? One individual doesn’t “rule” our land. That you and I disagree with the opposition to the passage of the Civil Rights Act doesn’t mean that MLK was correct.

Absolutely and facially invalid nonsense is what it was. The Dims were the Party of Slavery and Jim Crow. The Dims are still the Plantation Party.

And as usual....on a post about a white guy in Maine murdering innocent people does the conversation devolve into blaming black people some way, some how....or Somalis....or muslims....or trans......or if they are really in a bind, mental illness

As if, only white folks can be mentally ill.......because if this shooter was "Somali" -- I GUARANTEE none of you morons will be talking about mental illness

I believe they literally wouldn't care a bit if more revenue actually made it to the government, as long as they could feel good about socking it to a rich guy.
Envy and hate of somebody making more money than you is a sick mental illness these dumbass greedy Leftest have.

They think they are entitled to somebody else's money just because they are alive.

No. It was an ignorant claim.

Yea I do know who was nominated. So what? One individual doesn’t “rule” our land. That you and I disagree with the opposition to the passage of the Civil Rights Act doesn’t mean that MLK was correct.

Absolutely and facially invalid nonsense is what it was. The Dims were the Party of Slavery and Jim Crow. The Dims are still the Plantation Party.
Conservatives OPPOSED the Civil Rights movement....

Can you name me a single prominent conservative that risked their life marching down south fighting for Civil Rights?

I'll wait while you keep flailing like a bitch

Why do you keep blaming guns? They do not shoot people by themselves.
I am not blaming guns.......except for, depending on the gun, they sure make it easier to kill a bunch of people....

I doubt this guy would have much luck murdering as many people as he did if armed with a knife

They don't blame Heroin or Coke for 100K deaths per year.

Heroin and Coke are banned. They are Illegal. How did that work out?
Open borders now, all problems are worse.

Ban guns here.....Guns would pour over the border. Anything for a buck. Anything to bring down Evil America. Those Guns would end up mostly with Criminals.

Conservatives OPPOSED the Civil Rights movement....

False.

Without the GOP, the civil rights law wouldn’t have ever passed.

I’m so sick of the lies of you brainless and generally dishonest leftards.
Can you name me a single prominent conservative that risked their life marching down south fighting for Civil Rights?
Sorry. I don’t engage in deflection efforts like that. Plus, I don’t believe anyone of the Dims who marched for civil rights was risking his life.
I'll wait while you keep flailing like a bitch
I’ll watch as you continue to do the very thing you’re hypocritically blabbering about. 👍

...and the shooter in Nashville was a Democrat Tranny

...and the shooter in Uvalde was a Hispanic from an area that votes heavily Democrat.

...and the shooter in Monterrey Park was an Asian from an area that heavily votes Democrat

...and the shooter in Orlando was a Muslim

...and the shooter in Hampton was a Democrat voting Negro

...and the asshole who shot up the Republican baseball practice was a militant MAGA hating Moon Bat.

You forgot about the worst mass shooter. The rightwinger in Las Vegas.

And what about the MAGAt in Parkland?

I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank all law enforcement and first responders - who are working around the clock, to keep us safe and find this jerk. You people are Angels of God and (as a very concerned Mainer right now) thanks for protecting us.

18 people have lost their lives to senseless violence. My heart goes out to their families.

I am praying for a swift resolution to this crisis. Everything is shut down here in Sagadahoc County - including grocery stores. Basically, this is Covid lockdown all over again. Most importantly, Maine will never be the same. This has shattered the collective psyche of us all.

Thanks again to the amazing individuals, who are working tirelessly to bring justice. I hope the perp suffers a very painful death.

Maine already has a law to remove guns from those committed for psychiatric reasons. Why did it not happen? The fact yu do not know this invalidates every argument you have because you are proposing a law that is already in effect.
wrong! Read my post again. I was mentioning red flag laws which YOU highlighted so nicely for me in caps. Maine has no red flag laws. You’re referring to a yellow flag law. Red flag laws are more strict.

Now why he wasn’t turned in by the yellow flag laws need to be investigated however it seems to be a much longer process with a long chain of requirements so the paperwork could be sitting on someone’s desk right now. 🙄
When dealing with crazy you need red flag not yellow flag. Faster and one judge making instant decisions.

Yellow flag works better when you get into an argument with your ex, neighbor,former bestie and they decides to lie just to piss you off. When the person reporting you may be questionable in their report yellow flag is probably better.

Card was hearing voices telling him to shoot. I have to even question his release from the mental health facility. That should have immediately made him committed instead of voluntarily. Because of his age it’s probably not schizophrenia, that usually crops up much earlier in life around your teenage years. Voices happening in your 40’s needs intense investigation I would think including a brain scan to see if there’s a tumor. Voices don’t magically go away. Physical and psychological assessments, therapy and finding the right medication take time; more than a couple of weeks. This guy was probably far from well at discharge. SMH

Crazed shooter is probably parkedup on a remote logging road with his brains blown out inside his own car. Try looking all those sites. That could take a while//

Last edited:

Forum List

Back