Maui Burning

This coming from a guy who got a masters in anthropology. Maybe I'll start listening to the geologist on climate change as well. Nah, I'll stick to people that deal with the science of climate.

But where is his source to back up that claim? Oh wait. He doesnt have one. Besides his article is talking dollar value of hurricane damage, which last time I checked, isnt a measurement of hurricane intensity necessarily.

Yup. You follow the pseudo scientists. That's all you are capable of little lemming.

Just watch out for the big drop at the end!

It's the .3% of "scientists" you agree with. YOu should be quite familiar with it.

Nah, that's the climatologists who actually DECLARED they didn't need to follow the scientific method.

Makes you a dumbass for following them.

Yeah, anecdotal as in we can determine the actual strength based on OBSERVATIONS.
DURRRRRR
Ok submit some stories from your dad about the intensity of the hurricanes. Real scientific. So now hurricane strength should now be determined by eye witness account? You're a liar about being a geologist. Nobody can be this stupid and be a scientist of any sort and retort with "duuuurrrrr". You're a joke. This has been fun you actually had me for a second that you were an actual geologist.

Ok submit some stories from your dad about the intensity of the hurricanes. Real scientific. So now hurricane strength should now be determined by eye witness account? You're a liar about being a geologist. Nobody can be this stupid and be a scientist of any sort and retort with "duuuurrrrr". You're a joke. This has been fun you actually had me for a second that you were an actual geologist.

You never convinced me you were a thinking human.

I use DURRRRRR as a derogatory term for morons. Like you

You never convinced me you were a thinking human.

I use DURRRRRR as a derogatory term for morons. Like you
I knew you guys wanted to take things back to the 50's but I only thought that was with drinking fountains and the like. Now you want to rely on eye witness accounts of hurricanes to determine intensity instead of a scientifc scale. The right wing media has rotted your brain.

You cant directly observe a black hole. You can only infer their presense. You can only see light that is bent by a black hole. Which is what I"m assuming we are looking at here. Maybe the scientist will chime in on this.
The 'event horizon' of a black hole is a spherical outer boundary of a black hole. We see a black hole because of light emitted by surrounding matter that hasn't yet gone into the event horizon. A black hole can be observed by way of its actions on matter and a black hole IS an entity. Climate Change is nothing but a Hocus Pocus government scheme to skim off more and more of your paycheck while keeping you in abject fear of so-called 'experts.'

The 'event horizon' of a black hole is a spherical outer boundary of a black hole. We see a black hole because of light emitted by surrounding matter that hasn't yet gone into the event horizon. A black hole can be observed by way of its actions on matter and a black hole IS an entity. Climate Change is nothing but a Hocus Pocus government scheme to skim off more and more of your paycheck while keeping you in abject fear of so-called 'experts.'
Can you see what is in a room without any light? You're agreeing with me....you can see the results of a black hole but not the actual black hole.

I'm not in fear of anything buddy. Now you go buy a house in the Florida Keys since you dont believe in man made global warming. I'm sure they've got some deals down there for you.

I knew you guys wanted to take things back to the 50's but I only thought that was with drinking fountains and the like. Now you want to rely on eye witness accounts of hurricanes to determine intensity instead of a scientifc scale. The right wing media has rotted your brain.
Certainly there were wind gauges back then so ground speed could be determined. They also had time pieces so they could state how long that wind speed was sustained. Not as accurate as today but data not worthy of being thrown out.

Can you see what is in a room without any light? You're agreeing with me....you can see the results of a black hole but not the actual black hole.
Oh fuck, you idiot. We're not talking about light in a room. Go to bed now.

I'm not in fear of anything buddy. Now you go buy a house in the Florida Keys since you dont believe in man made global warming. I'm sure they've got some deals down there for you.
First off, I'm not your 'buddy' and second, you are obviously in fear of climate change. Our discussion has nothing whatsoever to do with Florida we were discussing black holes.

This just in:

Light detected behind a black hole for the first time​

First off, I'm not your 'buddy' and second, you are obviously in fear of climate change. Our discussion has nothing whatsoever to do with Florida we were discussing black holes.
Hey pal what does black holes have to do with climate change? Florida has more to do with hurricanes than black holes do.

So what. You're a lemming. This proves it.
Because I agree with a scientific consensus, that makes me a lemming? LOL. No it makes me smarter than you.

Where did this idea develop in you right wing nut jobs that just because a majority thinks a certain way that it's wrong simply because most people agree on it? It's really bizarre. I think it was Rush Limbaugh that started all of this not trusting anything you're told and to only trust him.

Because I agree with a scientific consensus, that makes me a lemming? LOL. No it makes me smarter than you.

Where did this idea develop in you right wing nut jobs that just because a majority thinks a certain way that it's wrong simply because most people agree on it? It's really bizarre. I think it was Rush Limbaugh that started all of this not trusting anything you're told.

Oh boy, consensus! A political term. Not a scientific one.

How predictable.

Oh boy, consensus! A political term. Not a scientific one.

How predictable.
There can be a scientific consensus as well. It's not strictly a political term. But that is the lens you look through regarding everything evidently. Including science.

There can be a scientific consensus as well. It's not strictly a political term. But that is the lens you look through regarding everything evidently. Including science.

No, there can't be. Science is binary.

Something either is, or it isn't.

The Speed of Light is known. There is no consensus as to what it is.

This coming from a guy who got a masters in anthropology. Maybe I'll start listening to the geologist on climate change as well. Nah, I'll stick to people that deal with the science of climate.

But where is his source to back up that claim? Oh wait. He doesnt have one. Besides his article is talking dollar value of hurricane damage, which last time I checked, isnt a measurement of hurricane intensity necessarily.
An anthropologist is not getting paid to support a fake 'consensus' of so-called 'climate scientists.' Sure, you stick to what makes you feel all comfy and cozy. If a sudden Ice Age happens I'd probably trust the geologist more anyway.

Forum List

Back