McCain's "War Hero" Status in Extreme Doubt. Trump Was Right ?

"Per his fellow prisoner of war he was- but of course you don't believe anyone's story that disagrees with the narrative you have created for John McCain"
I answered this way back in the OP (second time I'm telling you that)

Oh I admire him for his service just as I admire any man or woman who serves.

Both my brother and my cousin served in Nam. My cousin did three tours over there and he wasn't some rear eschelon MF. He spent most of his time on patrols in the DMZ.

McCain's no hero though. All he did was survive as many other POW's through countless wars have done.

He bartered his survival into a life in politics.

A hero he ain't.
He's a traitor in every way and it's a shame he didn't just die in Vietnam, his unblemished record of service to this country intact and beyond question.

Nothing says 'proud American' like wishing that a combat veteran had died in a POW camp in Vietnam.
America would have been better off. So would he.

Protectionists, once again you are acting like you are keys, some sort of authority that you are not.

Your comments are simply not relevant.
Authority enough to say what I'm saying based on the information I supplied in the OP. Sorry you didn't like it, but that doesn't give you the power to diminish authority. :biggrin:

3. There is no evidence that McCain was tortured. None.

Are you saying his cell mate, who said McCain was tortured and a hero is a liar or are you saying his comments about McCain are not evidence?
Read the OP.
I am reading your comment that you claim "There is no evidence that McCain was tortured. None.". His cell mate disagrees with you. He is the person who lived in the same cell as McCain. Do you claim he is a liar? Stop running away and deflecting. Answer the question.

And once again- you just are saying that every vet who says otherwise is a liar.
I know of no other vet who says otherwise, and ever witnessed any torture of McCain. Just because someone SAYS something, that doesn't mean a thing. Anybody can SAY anything. According to 3 reliable sources (supplied in the OP) there are no POWs who ever witnessed any torture to McCain. :biggrin:

Being a POW in Vietnam for 5 years without being tortured even once would be quite a feat. Let's dispense with the stupidity. McCain was captured, subjected to cruel and torturous treatment, and it lasted 5 years because he refused early release for cooperation. He's a hero. I don't know why people are trying to take that from him.

I said nothing about medals, I said he fucked up the Iran hostage rescue mission, and I say he tried to lie his way out of it, and was retired. He demeans himself, and you demean yourself by lying for him.
You're talking like an idiot. Hackworth is one of the greatest military heros this country has ever had. You just shot your credibility in the foot (if you ever had any)
on the hostage rescue fiasco, and got caught.

Hackworth%20Shadowbox.jpg

And it doesn't matter what Republican gets the nomination. Hillary is in free fall. Biden's a joke. Sanders is too fringe. Demmies have lost already.
Never midunderestimate the ability of the Republicans to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

I am reading your comment that you claim "There is no evidence that McCain was tortured. None.". His cell mate disagrees with you. He is the person who lived in the same cell as McCain. Do you claim he is a liar? Stop running away and deflecting. Answer the question.
I don't care what he SAYS. "SAYS" is meaningless. Did your so-called disagreer ever SEE McCain being tortured ??? That's a rhetorical question. I'll give you the answer. No he didn't. So he doesn't know if McCain was ever tortured, same as all the rest of the POWs. He's no better than them.

Yes, you do. And, yes, McCain is a hero.

The Communist Vietnamese erected a bust of John McCain inside Vietnam. His defenders say that it is in tribute to the PAVN gunners that shot him down. When was the last time you visited a memorial to the American Military where there was a bust of the enemy? In North Vietnam, for all the military information McCain gave away, he is regarded as a hero all right > BY THE NORTH VIETNAMESE.

john-mccain.jpg
Bust of the enemy?

Stone_Mountain_Carving_2.jpg

Do you know what a bust is, asshole???

McCain's cell mate says he was tortured, Protectinist says no, so point goes to McCain.

You are not an authority, Protectionist.

And once again- you just are saying that every vet who says otherwise is a liar.
I know of no other vet who says otherwise, and ever witnessed any torture of McCain. Just because someone SAYS something, that doesn't mean a thing. Anybody can SAY anything. According to 3 reliable sources (supplied in the OP) there are no POWs who ever witnessed any torture to McCain. :biggrin:

From a Vietnam prison to the United States Senate - CSMonitor.com

People often ask if I was a Prisoner of War with John McCain. My answer is always "No - John McCain was a POW with me." The reason is I was there for 8 years and John got there 2 1/2 years later, so he was a POW for 5 1/2 years. And we have our own seniority system, based on time as a POW.
John's treatment as a POW:

1) Was he tortured for 5 years? No. He was subjected to torture and maltreatment during his first 2 years, from September of 1967 to September of 1969. After September of 1969 the Vietnamese stopped the torture and gave us increased food and rudimentary health care. Several hundred of us were captured much earlier. I got there April 20, 1965 so my bad treatment period lasted 4 1/2 years. President Ho Chi Minh died on September 9, 1969, and the new regime that replaced him and his policies was more pragmatic. They realized we were worth a lot as bargaining chips if we were alive. And they were right because eventually Americans gave up on the war and agreed to trade our POW's for their country. A damn good trade in my opinion! But my point here is that John allows the media to make him out to be THE hero POW, which he knows is absolutely not true, to further his political goals.

McCain's cell mate says he was tortured, Protectinist says no, so point goes to McCain.

You are not an authority, Protectionist.
That was already soundly refuted, dummy. ( in a number of the previous posts of mine) :laugh:

saintmichaeldefendme, the good RC, wishes McCain died in a POW camp because . . . he does not like the vet's politics.

That thinking is as inane as keys or koshergrl's or Protectionist's.

From a Vietnam prison to the United States Senate - CSMonitor.com

People often ask if I was a Prisoner of War with John McCain. My answer is always "No - John McCain was a POW with me." The reason is I was there for 8 years and John got there 2 1/2 years later, so he was a POW for 5 1/2 years. And we have our own seniority system, based on time as a POW.
John's treatment as a POW:

1) Was he tortured for 5 years? No. He was subjected to torture and maltreatment during his first 2 years, from September of 1967 to September of 1969. After September of 1969 the Vietnamese stopped the torture and gave us increased food and rudimentary health care. Several hundred of us were captured much earlier. I got there April 20, 1965 so my bad treatment period lasted 4 1/2 years. President Ho Chi Minh died on September 9, 1969, and the new regime that replaced him and his policies was more pragmatic. They realized we were worth a lot as bargaining chips if we were alive. And they were right because eventually Americans gave up on the war and agreed to trade our POW's for their country. A damn good trade in my opinion! But my point here is that John allows the media to make him out to be THE hero POW, which he knows is absolutely not true, to further his political goals.
This was refuted in the OP. Once again >> According to 3 reliable sources (supplied in the OP) there are no POWs who ever witnessed any torture to McCain. :biggrin:

I don't care what he SAYS. "SAYS" is meaningless. Did your so-called disagreer ever SEE McCain being tortured ??? That's a rhetorical question. I'll give you the answer. No he didn't. So he doesn't know if McCain was ever tortured, same as all the rest of the POWs. He's no better than them.

He says he does know- and he says that John McCain is no better than the other POW's- that is the point of his article- all POW's held by the Vietnamese were tortured- John McCain's treatment as a POW was not extraordinary.

We do know that Trump never volunteered, and was never tortured.

So of course- you support Trump- and chose to dump on McCain's service to our country.

Forum List

Back