McConnell: The President Stepped Up with Bold Plan to Re-Open Government, Fund Border Security

I agree with him.

Trump put forth the starting point for negotiations, now everything is on the Dems. If they do not at least try to negotiate from this point they will now own the shutdown lock, stock and barrel.

Trump will own the shutdown because he said he's happily take all the credit for it.

No, no, no. And just fucking stop. Again, this is Trump dictating to the House, what HE will accept. He hasn't met with Democratic Leaders or held discussions with them to find out what they propose.

Now that he furloughed their one week taxpayer funded junket abroad they certainly have the time to negotiate with him, don't they.

I agree with him.

Trump put forth the starting point for negotiations, now everything is on the Dems. If they do not at least try to negotiate from this point they will now own the shutdown lock, stock and barrel.

Trump will own the shutdown because he said he's happily take all the credit for it.

Incomplete story. He provided a sensible starting point today to end the shutdown.
You left that part out.

Our awesome Pres.Trump has presented the Democrats a fair and equitable immigration plan.

The ball is now in their court. ... :cool:

Our asshole president has had government shutdown for a month too. How awesome is that?

Heartless Nancy is about to start killing Federal workers who are diabetics because they have no money to buy insulin. Who is the asshole? She may own Calyfornia, but she doesn't own the Federal government. Maybe she'll get more TIA episodes and the discussion will be academic?

Pelosi didn't initiate the shutdwon; Trump DID.

When something is fluid does it stop in it's tracks? No. It does NOT.

Sure, go ahead & place blame wherever you like.

I never heard Pelosi state anything about being proud to shutdown government; I heard Trump say that.

Trump has been POTUS for how long? Two years?

Trump could have solved this issue nearly two years ago; he did NOT.

But go ahead; blame Santa Clause, or Elvis, or Jesus, or Pelosi .......... just don't blame Trump, the 'deal maker' :26:

Last edited:
I agree with him.

Incomplete story. He provided a sensible starting point today to end the shutdown.
You left that part out.

It wasn't left out. It's the entire premise of the thread

I agree with him.

Nope....tiny donnie proudly owns this shut down with the help of his sidekick turtleboy.

Our awesome Pres.Trump has presented the Democrats a fair and equitable immigration plan.

Our asshole president has had government shutdown for a month too. How awesome is that?
The Congress refused to fund the government. That is on the fuckwad dems.

Trump, and (the GOP) Congress could have done this nearly two years ago; they did NOT.

I commend @POTUS for his leadership in proposing this bold solution to reopen the government, secure the border, and take bipartisan steps toward addressing current immigration issues.
My full statement: McConnell: The President Stepped Up with Bold Plan to Re-Open Government, Fund Border Security | Republican Leader— Leader McConnell (@senatemajldr) January 19, 2019

Everyone has made their point—now it’s time to make a law. I intend to move to this legislation this week. With bipartisan cooperation, the Senate can send a bill to the House quickly so that they can take action as well. The situation for furloughed employees isn’t getting any brighter and the crisis at the border isn’t improved by show votes. But the President’s plan is a path toward addressing both issues quickly.’

WASHINGTON, D.C. – U.S. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) made the following statement regarding the President’s plan to re-open the closed portions of the federal government, fund border security and address additional immigration measures:

“I commend the President for his leadership in proposing this bold solution to reopen the government, secure the border, and take bipartisan steps toward addressing current immigration issues.

“Compromise in divided government means that everyone can’t get everything they want every time. The President’s proposal reflects that. It strikes a fair compromise by incorporating priorities from both sides of the aisle.

“This bill takes a bipartisan approach to re-opening the closed portions of the federal government. It pairs the border security investment that our nation needs with additional immigration measures that both Democrat and Republican members of Congress believe are necessary. Unlike the bills that have come from the House over the past few weeks, this proposal could actually resolve this impasse. It has the full support of the President and could be signed into law to quickly reopen the government.

“Everyone has made their point—now it’s time to make a law. I intend to move to this legislation this week. With bipartisan cooperation, the Senate can send a bill to the House quickly so that they can take action as well. The situation for furloughed employees isn’t getting any brighter and the crisis at the border isn’t improved by show votes. But the President’s plan is a path toward addressing both issues quickly.”
This is neither a compromise nor a bold plan, it's an insult. Maybe if he had offered a path to citizenship it would have been a starting place but as it stands his plan is a joke.

I agree with him.

You left that part out.

I get it. So, we should stay 'stuck' caught up in blame games.

No. The Senate has done nothing with the funding bill the House sent; not even held a vote on it. Can’t blame the Dems for any of this.

The bills to fund the government are sitting in the Senate waiting for action.

Trump, and (the GOP) Congress could have done this nearly two years ago; they did NOT.

I agree with him.

Trump didn't offer to negotiate. He said Mitch McConnell was brining a Bill to the floor of the Senate, this week. This is Emperor Trump dictating the terms of his surrender.

Do you not understand how our system of government works? One side of the Congress starts the bill and if approved it goes to the other side and they debate it and if not approved send back a counter bill.

We now have a starting point, which is more than we had.
Wrong, we had several starts in the house that the Senate refused to consider. The house should refuse this joke.

I agree with him.

You left that part out.

Actually, we are waiting for the money from Mexico.

I agree with him.

Trump didn't offer to negotiate. He said Mitch McConnell was brining a Bill to the floor of the Senate, this week. This is Emperor Trump dictating the terms of his surrender.

Do you not understand how our system of government works? One side of the Congress starts the bill and if approved it goes to the other side and they debate it and if not approved send back a counter bill.

We now have a starting point, which is more than we had.
Wrong, we had several starts in the house that the Senate refused to consider. The house should refuse this joke.

What about it is a joke?

I agree with him.

You left that part out.

Actually, we are waiting for the money from Mexico.

I'm sure 800,000 Fed workers and 700,000 DACA recipients appreciate your snarky comment.
You go, girl!

Forum List

Back