McDonald's may be liable for worker lawsuits

But you are already losing.

YOu are just Scalia taking a dirt nap away from a sane judiciary on labor issues.

I'm losing? LMAO!! I busted my ass and worked my way up to a decent income. No, I am not one of the dreaded rich that you hate so much. But I am quite comfortable and have a decent 401k for when I retire. My kids all graduated from college, and they are doing well.

Maybe if some of those unskilled laborers had worked a bit harder in school and gone on to college, they would have something to offer an employer that cannot be replaced by a machine.

But please enlighten me on what the judiciary will do for labor? Exempt them from the laws like they did in PA?

That would be awesome if they did.

But keep thinking you are better than others. One day you'll find out you aren't. Usually after someone with more money and more power screws with you for the hell of it.

That was the wakeup call I got about six years ago.

Maybe you shouldn't have thought you were better than anyone else.

I never have claimed to be better than anyone. I have simply talked about paying people for skills and for what they bring to the table. I don't think you pay someone well for just making it to the table empty handed.

[

I never have claimed to be better than anyone. I have simply talked about paying people for skills and for what they bring to the table. I don't think you pay someone well for just making it to the table empty handed.

They do bring something to the table. they bring time and labor.

And they should be paid a living wage. Period.

Why are we still discussing this?

[

First of all, because you still have not defined "living wage".

Second, because the unskilled ARE paid a decent wage, for what they bring, as I have shown. However, you decided to spout off about it being below the poverty line, so I am engaging you so you will learn something.

And because I am still waiting to hear what you are hoping the judiciary will do for your union thugs. You know, the ones you want to be above the law.

Your lack of concern for your fellow man is well-documented.

If you aren't capable of humanity, you should be capable of self-preservation. When the welfare collectors and minimum wage workers are in the majority, what do you think they end up voting for?

So, since they have no skills or work ethic, they will steal the money via the gov't???

This is your plan?? LMAO!

I'd feel bad for any poor bastard who'd have to work for you, but I imagine your car gets keyed a lot.

Yeah I've been i business 7 years and have a 90% employee retention rate so far.

They must hate it here.

Yup, and you have a 12 inch dick and drive a Lexus. We get it.

Must be fun to brag about yourself on the internets...

This is at least the third time you've mentioned my penis. Why is that?

BTW I drive a 10 year old Hyundai Santa Fe and I also have a 14 year old Ford F350.

I have no car payments. I find it funny how all of my employees have newer cars than I do.

[

Second, because the unskilled ARE paid a decent wage, for what they bring, as I have shown. However, you decided to spout off about it being below the poverty line, so I am engaging you so you will learn something.

And because I am still waiting to hear what you are hoping the judiciary will do for your union thugs. You know, the ones you want to be above the law.

Keep trying to take the subject off topic, because you can't defend your position.

you work for a living, you should get a living wage. Period.

Or we can just let everyone go on welfare.

What you guys don't seem to get is that when you pay someone below living wage, they get food stamps, they get Section 8 housing, they get ObamaPhones (er... ReaganPhones, but nevermind) they get MedicAid.

All stuff you are paying for, anyway.

Again, if you aren't capable of decency, you should be capable of common sense.

Yeah I've been i business 7 years and have a 90% employee retention rate so far.

They must hate it here.

BTW I drive a 10 year old Hyundai Santa Fe and I also have a 14 year old Ford F350.

I have no car payments. I find it funny how all of my employees have newer cars than I do.

I think it says about all about you. YOu have to tell strangers on the internet what a great boss you are because the people who work for you would be muffling guffaws...

Your lack of concern for your fellow man is well-documented.

If you aren't capable of humanity, you should be capable of self-preservation. When the welfare collectors and minimum wage workers are in the majority, what do you think they end up voting for?

So, since they have no skills or work ethic, they will steal the money via the gov't???

This is your plan?? LMAO!

Not my plan.

The end result of your philosophy.

FUcking poor people refusing to watch their children starve!

What's wrong with them, anyway?

Keep trying to take the subject off topic, because you can't defend your position.

What you guys don't seem to get is that when you pay someone below living wage, they get food stamps, they get Section 8 housing, they get ObamaPhones (er... ReaganPhones, but nevermind) they get MedicAid.

Well people with even a modicum of pride will work as many jobs as it takes to stay off the dole.

Personally I would pick up dog shit 16 hours a day for a penny a pile before I ever took a fucking dime from anyone.

But then again we have taught the sheep like you that pride is a sin

I think it says about all about you. YOu have to tell strangers on the internet what a great boss you are because the people who work for you would be muffling guffaws...

I simply posted a fact about my employee turnover. I made no other embellishments.

[
Well people with even a modicum of pride will work as many jobs as it takes to stay off the dole.

Personally I would pick up dog shit 16 hours a day for a penny a pile before I ever took a fucking dime from anyone.

Actually, most of the major religions consider pride to be a sin.

As a practical matter, though, if you make working less lucrative than being on the dole, most people will go on the dole. And they'll vote to increase the dole.

You guys complain about "big government" all day, but it's just people taking what they need.

You did this to yourselves. I'm so sorry you can't see that.

$26k a year is not a living wage (still undefined btw)? I looked up some apartments and you can get one for under $700 a month in Tampa. There is a public transportation system. So someone could rent an apt for $700, keep the power bill around $100 a month, spend $200 on transportation, have a couple of misc bills for $75 each and even save $100 a month. All that on $2,000 a month. (net of $1700, after losing 15% to federal taxes)

Looks like a single wage earned making $500 a week could live on it. Get a Roommate and it would be even cheaper.

[

As a practical matter, though, if you make working less lucrative than being on the dole, most people will go on the dole. And they'll vote to increase the dole.

You guys complain about "big government" all day, but it's just people taking what they need.

Oh please, you are using religion as an excuse? How about it not being pride but self-respect??

Oh, and THEY don't vote for anything. Politicians may make promises, but unless you are a fool you know what those are worth.

[

$26k a year is not a living wage (still undefined btw)? I looked up some apartments and you can get one for under $700 a month in Tampa. There is a public transportation system. So someone could rent an apt for $700, keep the power bill around $100 a month, spend $200 on transportation, have a couple of misc bills for $75 each and even save $100 a month. All that on $2,000 a month. (net of $1700, after losing 15% to federal taxes)

Looks like a single wage earned making $500 a week could live on it. Get a Roommate and it would be even cheaper.

NOt sure where you get $200 on transportation. I paid off my car years ago, but my insurance and gasoline easily hit $200 a month.

But Public Transportation? You mean something subsidized by.. THE GOVERNMENT?

Not to mention you didn't factor food into that equation.

It seems you are saying the working poor should be happy with what you dole out.

And then you wonder why a guy like Obama gets elected.

[

Oh please, you are using religion as an excuse? How about it not being pride but self-respect??

Oh, and THEY don't vote for anything. Politicians may make promises, but unless you are a fool you know what those are worth.

He said "pride'. Not "Self-Respect". Well, Pride is considered a sin in most religions.

Frankly, if I'm a poor person getting SNAP, Medicaid, Section 8 and an Obamaphone, and all I had to do was vote for anyone with a "D" after his name, that's a pretty good exchange.

A shitload better than working for $7.25 a hour flipping burgers for some asshole who invested his life savings buying a franchise and trying to cheat me out of overtime or deducting wasted fries from my paycheck...

[

NOt sure where you get $200 on transportation. I paid off my car years ago, but my insurance and gasoline easily hit $200 a month.

But Public Transportation? You mean something subsidized by.. THE GOVERNMENT?

Not to mention you didn't factor food into that equation.

It seems you are saying the working poor should be happy with what you dole out.

And then you wonder why a guy like Obama gets elected.

I didn't mention the gas bill either. But it is in the budget. Add up those numbers I posted. It comes to $1150. Spend $400 a month on groceries.

And yes, public transportation. Quit trying to dodge the actual topic. I have not said anything about stopping all gov't services.

But yes, you can live on $26k a year and still have savings.

He said "pride'. Not "Self-Respect". Well, Pride is considered a sin in most religions.

Frankly, if I'm a poor person getting SNAP, Medicaid, Section 8 and an Obamaphone, and all I had to do was vote for anyone with a "D" after his name, that's a pretty good exchange.

A shitload better than working for $7.25 a hour flipping burgers for some asshole who invested his life savings buying a franchise and trying to cheat me out of overtime or deducting wasted fries from my paycheck...

You are dancing again. I think everyone here agrees that people should be paid for the hours they work and their pay not be fucked with.

If your views are so noble and right, why can you never discuss them straight up?

Yes he did say "Pride". Is he religious? Are you? Am I? Is the fact that religions consider pride a sin actually relevant to the discussion?

[

I didn't mention the gas bill either. But it is in the budget. Add up those numbers I posted. It comes to $1150. Spend $400 a month on groceries.

And yes, public transportation. Quit trying to dodge the actual topic. I have not said anything about stopping all gov't services.

But yes, you can live on $26k a year and still have savings.

Yeah, you could. not that a burger flipper makes anywhere near that.

You should be happy living on Ramen noodles and wishful thinking!

Gee, for some reason, people aren't.

Yes he did say "Pride". Is he religious? Are you? Am I? Is the fact that religions consider pride a sin actually relevant to the discussion?

I'm not religious at all. If the rich stole the American Dream, the Religious Right was driving the getaway car.

But he tried to claim that someone was teaching people "pride" was a sin, and therefore it was okay to collect welfare.

Quite the contrary. We have a bigger welfare state because the wealthy have been making war on the working class for 30 years.

And now it's biting them in the ass.

30 years ago, someone as radical as Obama never could have gotten elected.

Today he wins record landslides.

What does that tell you?

Forum List

Back