McDonalds Pays $15 an hour and still turns a huge profit

They pay them upwards of $15 in NYC too. Oh, wait. that probably goes against the propaganda being pumped out by the OP.

If the McDonalds in back country Mississippi is paying $15 hr to ask about the size of fries and push microwave oven buttons, I'm moving there and working part time.

new york is different. things cost more in the city than outside of it.

Wow, you jsut figured that out? Goodie for you.

Hey, guess what. It's the same with Australia.

They pay them upwards of $15 in NYC too. Oh, wait. that probably goes against the propaganda being pumped out by the OP.

If the McDonalds in back country Mississippi is paying $15 hr to ask about the size of fries and push microwave oven buttons, I'm moving there and working part time.

Cost of living should always be considered when discussing/debating the minimum wage rates. Paying a minimum wage of $15 per hour in NYC is pretty much the same as paying $7.50 in Mississippi.

Again, the minimum wage in Australia is $15. So McDonald's is paying their employees minimum wage in Australia, just like everywhere else.

The OP fails.

...in Australia

The Magical World Where McDonald's Pays $15 an Hour? It's Australia

The Magical World Where McDonald's Pays $15 an Hour? It's Australia - Jordan Weissmann - The Atlantic

The land down under is, of course, not the only high-wage country in the world where McDonald's does lucrative business. The company actually earns more revenue out of Europe than than it does from the United States. France, with its roughly $12.00 hourly minimum, has more than 1,200 locations. (Australia has about 900).
That said, not every extra dollar of worker compensation seems to get passed onto the consumer. Again, take Australia. According to the The Economist, Aussies have paid anywhere from 6 cents to 70 cents extra for their Big Macs compared to Americans over the past two years, a 1 percent to 17 percent premium. If you were to simply double the cost of labor at your average U.S. Mickey D's and tack it onto the price of a sandwich, you'd expect customers to be paying at least a dollar more.

Poor people would have to pay more for food, that doesn't seem to bother the rich people who think the minimum wage should be higher. Maybe they should donate some of their money to McDonald's so they can pay their employees more without raising the prices.

Everyone knows the prices would go way up on everything if min wage was $15! But what you said, they don't think of the people that are NOT working and already struggle to buy food and clothing. If they're getting unemployment, will that go up too? Doubt it. If you're getting State aide, help with rent, foodstamps, will those also go up? Doubt it. These people won't even be able to get by.

Again, the minimum wage in Australia is $15. So McDonald's is paying their employees minimum wage in Australia, just like everywhere else.

The OP fails.

You know I was gonna look it up but figured I'd read the short thread before I did so... And I assume you know it's 15$ an hour for sure. Yet even after posting it on page 2 people are still defending their moronic position.

All Australia proves is that moving the min wadge up (living wage) creates the same amount if not more of people in poverty.

EDIT: I looked and Australia's min wage is $15.51 an hour. Time for you progressives to go on strike against Australia.

Last edited:

new york is different. things cost more in the city than outside of it.

I dont know how any one could afford more than a crardboard box in New York city on $25 bucks an hour much less then $7.25 or the $9 an hour it will raise to 2015. Just let the states do what ever they want no need for a federal minimum wage. No one will work for $2 bucks an hour any where in the USA

You might get people to work for $2/hr. If it was something they might do anyway, the extra money is just a bonus.

So true, a few partime jobs I wouldnt mind doing for $2 bucks an hour, like a D.J. at a strip club.

So you think your job is much more complicated than pushing some buttons?

Wake up people, none of you doing anthing more complicated than a fast food worker. Hell, some of you probably much more useless than a fast food worker.

If governments were to cooperate with the computer technology fully, most of you would be just as useless as the big shit I took last night, government itself being in the first place :)

Quit flattering yurselves, you can not claim you are any more useful than a fast food worker, unless you are an ignorant supremacist. At the end of the day, you are just a button pusher.

The OP fails.

You know I was gonna look it up but figured I'd read the short thread before I did so... And I assume you know it's 15$ an hour for sure. Yet even after posting it on page 2 people are still defending their moronic position.

All Australia proves is that moving the min wadge up (living wage) creates the same amount if not more of people in poverty.

EDIT: I looked and Australia's min wage is $15.51 an hour. Time for you progressives to go on strike against Australia.

Except the USA leads the modern world in poverty, rich/poor gap, bad upward mobility, and starting world depressions, after 30 years of Reaganism. See my last post- thanks Pubs and silly hater dupes...

The OP fails.

Except the USA leads the modern world in poverty, rich/poor gap, bad upward mobility, and starting world depressions, after 30 years of Reaganism. See my last post- thanks Pubs and silly hater dupes...

Please don't make shit up. Greece, Italy, and Spain exceed our poverty rate. And we are tied with Germany.

The only country which exceeds our upward mobility is the United Kingdom. All others fall behind us.

2aeqxsh.jpg

Please don't make shit up. Greece, Italy, and Spain exceed our poverty rate. And we are tied with Germany.

The only country which exceeds our upward mobility is the United Kingdom. All others fall behind us.

2aeqxsh.jpg

BS- That graph means only the UK is worse than us. It's the Anglo-American savage capitalism at this point. Denmark is WAY ahead of us now.

So we beat the worst losers in the EU of the 2nd Pub World Depression, very impressive. Spain and Greece don't really qualify as modern. Your Germany thing is nuts.

Harder for Americans to Rise From Lower Rungs - NYTimes.com
http://www.usmessageboard.com/econo...-for-americans-to-rise-from-lower-rungs.html?...
Jan 4, 2012 ... Americans enjoy less economic mobility than their peers in Canada and much ...
U.S. does not have as much mobility as most other advanced countries,” ...
upward movement has long been considered an American strength.

Last edited:

The OP fails.

Wish you were an honest guy, how come your not? you dont seem that dumb have you looked at the UE numbers of europe lately?
m.theatlantic.com/business/archive/...t-graph-in-the-world-just-got-scarier/276423/ ]

The EU unemployment rate set a new all-time high of 12.2 percent, according to today's estimates. But it's the youth unemployment crisis that's truly terrifying. In Spain,
unemployment surged past 56 percent, and Greece now
leads the rich world with an astonishing 62.5 percent of its
youth workforce out of a job

Father is in the BOTTOM 20%: The upward mobility of sons is much less likely in the US. In the US, 42% of sons stay in the bottom 20%. Moreover 66% (or two-thirds) of all sons remain within the bottom 40% of all earners. Outside the US the comparable proportion who remain in the bottom 40% of all earners are: UK (53%), Sweden (50%), Norway (51%), Finland (51%), and Denmark (47%). Put another way, in the US a son whose father was in the bottom 20% of all earners has only a 1 in 3 chance of ending up in the top 60%. His odds of ending up in the top 60% would be much higher in Sweden (1 in 2).

Prosperity & Upward Mobility by Country

Wish you were an honest guy, how come your not? you dont seem that dumb have you looked at the UE numbers of europe lately?
Europe's Record Youth Unemployment: The Scariest Graph in the World Just Got Scarier - Atlantic Mobile ]

The EU unemployment rate set a new all-time high of 12.2 percent, according to today's estimates. But it's the youth unemployment crisis that's truly terrifying. In Spain,
unemployment surged past 56 percent, and Greece now
leads the rich world with an astonishing 62.5 percent of its
youth workforce out of a job

Again, you're comparing us to the worst losers in the EU in this Pub World Great Recession. Spain and Greece have had 25% UE before- they're not what I call modern countries- See original EU, Canada, Japan, NZ and Oz.

Reaganism had already ruined the middle class and the country before they started a world depression. Luckily Obama got in fast to make it a recession, but Voodoo still keeps us fecked.

Wish you were an honest guy, how come your not?

Because he is a Marxist. Marxists never tell the truth. They can't because the truth conflicts with what they want.

Forum List

Back