mcmichaels charged with hate crime on the arbery case, new trial coming

In this case clearly you are the racist who wants to punish people according to the color of their skin

See, that's not true.

Pay attention because, apparently, this is the tricky part for you: I want them to be punished because they armed themselves, and then chased down and killed, an unarmed man.

That's why I want them punished. Had the unarmed man they killed been white, my position would be exactly the same...

See, that's not true.

Pay attention because, apparently, this is the tricky part for you: I want them to be punished because they armed themselves, and then chased down and killed, an unarmed man.

That's why I want them punished...
I want them punished for that too, but if they did that because he was black (didn’t chase any whites who looked at construction site) I want punished too.

I want them punished for that too, but if they did that because he was black (didn’t chase any whites who looked at construction site) I want punished too.

I have a fundamental problem with "hate crime" legislation, simply because I don't believe anyone commits a crime against another with love in his heart. But, those laws exist, so they might as well be used...

There should be no such charge as a "hate crime" as it's based on the social construct of race.

Only really see hate crime used when it's against a black person anyway. A crime should be treated as a crime without race brought into it.

But hate crimes are like affirmative action, they are racist and based on the principle of favoring a skin color over those not of the same color. In those instances blacks have the advantage.

I have a fundamental problem with "hate crime" legislation, simply because I don't believe anyone commits a crime against another with love in his heart. But, those laws exist, so they might as well be used...
Do you have a problem with determinations of intent? Should you be treated the same legally as someone who intentionally ran over and killed their spouse if you dropped your cell phone while driving and hit and killed someone as you bent down to pick it up?

Do you have a problem with determinations of intent? Should you be treated the same legally as someone who intentionally ran over and killed their spouse if you dropped your cell phone while driving and hit and killed someone as you bent down to pick it up?

Two different crimes. Someone who intends to kill another and does should be treated more harshly than someone who accidentally kills someone...

In the example given, of course. One is accidental and one is not...
So you recognize that even though both instances resulted in an innocent person being run over and killed with a vehicle, we as a society see one as a more serious crime and punish it accordingly. If so, then why not with regard to racially motivated violence?

So you recognize that even though both instances resulted in an innocent person being run over and killed with a vehicle, we as a society see one as a more serious crime and punish it accordingly. If so, then why not with regard to racially motivated violence?

If I don;t like someone because he called my sister a whore, that's no different than you killing someone because they're black or homosexual. In each instance the intent is to kill someone.

The only difference should be if intent exists, regardless of why it exists...

If I don;t like someone because he called my sister a whore, that's no different than you killing someone because they're black or homosexual. In each instance the intent is to kill someone.

The only difference should be if intent exists, regardless of why it exists...
If you killed someone because they called your sister a whore, that's a singular incident caused by a singular interaction. If someone is killing people because they're black the target group isn't one individual who bad mouthed your sister but all black people. The danger each killer poses to society is different in those two cases, hence a rational reason to treat them differently criminally. It's the same underlying rationale that we use to judge accidental killings to intentional ones. Someone who killed someone accidentally poses a different risk to society than someone out their plotting to murder people.

If you killed someone because they called your sister a whore, that's a singular incident caused by a singular interaction. If someone is killing people because they're black the target group isn't one individual who bad mouthed your sister but all black people. The danger each killer poses to society is different in those two cases, hence a rational reason to treat them differently criminally. It's the same underlying rationale that we use to judge accidental killings to intentional ones. Someone who killed someone accidentally poses a different risk to society than someone out their plotting to murder people.
Somehow libs in la la land seldom if ever see it that way when the shoe is on the other foot

there are many cases of black people reporting hate crimes from racist graffiti to nooses to assault and rape that turnd out to be fake

and no black person was charged with a hate crime when they deserved to be

But if only one black person is killed, how do you prove that blacks are the "target group"?

Somehow libs in la la land seldom if ever see it that way when the shoe is on the other foot

there are many cases of black people reporting hate crimes from racist graffiti to nooses to assault and rape that turnd out to be fake

and no black person was charged with a hate crime when they deserved to be
Because those people aren't doing it out of hate but rather using racial strife for attention. That should be obvious.

Because those people aren't doing it out of hate but rather using racial strife for attention. That should be obvious.
I think you claimed that a crime against one black person was really a crime against all black persons

when black people fake a hate crime thats an attack against all white people and therefor a hate crime by your own defination

But if only one black person is killed, how do you prove that blacks are the "target group"?
Because you stated it in your premise...
If I don;t like someone because he called my sister a whore, that's no different than you killing someone because they're black or homosexual.
Your question now isn’t one of the validity of hate crimes but how to prove it. Well there are clues. In this particular case we have a confederate flag on the truck, unreasonable suspicion for what was totally innocent and legal behavior on behalf Arbery, and the testimony that they called the victim the n-word while chasing him and after having shot him and he laid there bleeding out on the ground. It's the prosuctors job to present that evidence to the jury in a convincing narrative and up to a jury to decide if that narrative was proven beyond a reasonable doubt.

I think you claimed that a crime against one black person was really a crime against all black persons

when black people fake a hate crime thats an attack against all white people and therefor a hate crime by your own defination
No.

Forum List

Back