Media Matter Blames Beck!

Probe Goldline but let's not ask the Federal Reserve who they doled out $ 2 TRILLION to without bothering to tell anyone.

Last edited:
It "will do" to discredit Goldline, but Beck doesn't work for Goldline, pea-brain.

Shit, all the sudden these guys are concerned about "People's Nest Eggs??"

Where the hell was Weiner and Rush when AIC was making wildly shakey hedgefund investments?

Ah, yes he DOES work for Goldline. Glenn Beck is a paid spokesman for Goldline.

Why the Probe of Glenn Beck Sponsor Goldline Might Interest the FTC

The most interesting aspect of California authorities’ investigation of Goldline — sponsor of Fox News Channel’s Glenn Beck – is what information it might uncover about the relationship between Beck, his advertisers, and his bosses at Fox. That information might also be of interest to the FTC, which just issued new rules about celebrities who hook up with misleading advertisers.

The allegations that Goldline rips off its customers by selling gold coins at prices far higher than they’re worth have been around since December. Goldline is one of very few advertisers that has stuck by Beck since there was an exodus of sponsors after the right-wing talk show host called President Obama “a racist” who has a “hatred for white people.”

As I noted back in December 2009, the Beck-Goldline relationship appears to be in contravention of Fox’s own rules for its on-air talent. And there appears to be no dividing line between Beck’s editorial views (you should buy gold because the economy’s on the verge of collapse) and the views of Goldline (gold is a safe haven for investors who believe the economy’s on the verge of collapse). Here’s what we know about Beck, Goldine and News Corp. (NWS)’s Fox unit as it relates to the advertising/editorial divide:

* Beck has said on his radio show he is getting paid by Goldline and Goldline has called him its “paid spokesman.”
* Beck continues to routinely endorse the buying of gold on shows where Goldline is a sponsor.
* Beck has filmed a commercial for Goldline.
* Beck has told his bosses at Fox he is not a paid spokesman for Goldline.
* Fox prohibits any on-air talent from endorsing products or serving as an ad spokesman.
* (And Beck apparently communicates with his bosses at Fox through his lawyers.)

The FTC issued new rules in October governing celebrities who get paid to endorse products. Basically, those payments must now be disclosed, and celebrities are no longer immune from action of they know the ads they appear in are misleading. Yet according to Fox itself, Beck has denied that he gets paid personally by Goldline.

Penalties for getting this disclosure thingy wrong are start at $11,000.

Why the Probe of Glenn Beck Sponsor Goldline Might Interest the FTC | BNET
Already been debunked as a partisan, and possibly illegal political attack by a sitting congressmen by the links in my last post which you obviously didn't read.

Maybe you can post your prison population graphs as a smoke screen and escape in the chaos? Tell your liberal friends that you escaped by getting us conservative liquored up, surrounded us and escaped in the confusion after outwitting us. YOU PEOPLE will believe anything.

OMGBIGFITZSAID"YOUPEOPLE"HEMUSTBEARACIST!

You didn't 'debunk' anything. Claiming victory every time I hand you your head doesn't make it true.

Did your mommy READ the POLITICO article to you...because all it does is reinforce what I POSTED.

Then you expect adults with a brain to take Andrew Breitbart seriously...WOW you really ARE a pea brain.

Breitbart's article criticizes consumer protection in proposed legislation???

In addition, Congressman Weiner is proposing legislation to protect consumers by requiring full disclosure of:

a. Hidden fees.
b. Purchase price/Melt value/Resale value.
c. How much the cost of gold will need to rise in the value for the customers’
investment to be profitable.

Heaven FORBID these precious metal rip off artists will be forced to disclose information that protects consumers!

What is truly the 800 lb gorilla of irony in the room; Glenn Beck, Michael Savage, Mike Gallagher, Rush Limbaugh and all the other right wing pundits that shill fools gold may not CALL you pea brains, they just TREAT you like pea brains because they KNOW what I know...you are pea brains ...:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yes Bfgrn... Capitalism is the essense of evil. Nobody should be allowed to be paid for work they do. Wow... are you just missing the days you could buy slaves off the boat or something? Should you even be allowed to be paid for work? Apparently the term "Caveat Emptor" is lost on you economic nihilists.

You have ZERO proof of fraud happening and you wanna start hanging people because some former Media Matters SHILL got elected to congress and is ABUSING HIS POSITION to make false allegations and claims to intimidate citizens who don't even live in his district for crimes that DON'T EVEN EXIST?!?!?!??! All you have are claims of stupid consumers if even those aren't shills providing cover for a fucking fascist. (oooOOOoooo GODWIN! GODWIN! :rolleyes)

You are a fucking tard. No... amend that. You're a Tard's Tard. The other tards would look up to you if they could figure out what the word "UP" meant!

Congrats, you've earned your new monicker: Tardtard.

and have some lolcat frosting.

rtard.jpg

Ah, yes he DOES work for Goldline. Glenn Beck is a paid spokesman for Goldline.

Why the Probe of Glenn Beck Sponsor Goldline Might Interest the FTC

The most interesting aspect of California authorities’ investigation of Goldline — sponsor of Fox News Channel’s Glenn Beck – is what information it might uncover about the relationship between Beck, his advertisers, and his bosses at Fox. That information might also be of interest to the FTC, which just issued new rules about celebrities who hook up with misleading advertisers.

The allegations that Goldline rips off its customers by selling gold coins at prices far higher than they’re worth have been around since December. Goldline is one of very few advertisers that has stuck by Beck since there was an exodus of sponsors after the right-wing talk show host called President Obama “a racist” who has a “hatred for white people.”

As I noted back in December 2009, the Beck-Goldline relationship appears to be in contravention of Fox’s own rules for its on-air talent. And there appears to be no dividing line between Beck’s editorial views (you should buy gold because the economy’s on the verge of collapse) and the views of Goldline (gold is a safe haven for investors who believe the economy’s on the verge of collapse). Here’s what we know about Beck, Goldine and News Corp. (NWS)’s Fox unit as it relates to the advertising/editorial divide:

* Beck has said on his radio show he is getting paid by Goldline and Goldline has called him its “paid spokesman.”
* Beck continues to routinely endorse the buying of gold on shows where Goldline is a sponsor.
* Beck has filmed a commercial for Goldline.
* Beck has told his bosses at Fox he is not a paid spokesman for Goldline.
* Fox prohibits any on-air talent from endorsing products or serving as an ad spokesman.
* (And Beck apparently communicates with his bosses at Fox through his lawyers.)

The FTC issued new rules in October governing celebrities who get paid to endorse products. Basically, those payments must now be disclosed, and celebrities are no longer immune from action of they know the ads they appear in are misleading. Yet according to Fox itself, Beck has denied that he gets paid personally by Goldline.

Penalties for getting this disclosure thingy wrong are start at $11,000.

Why the Probe of Glenn Beck Sponsor Goldline Might Interest the FTC | BNET
Already been debunked as a partisan, and possibly illegal political attack by a sitting congressmen by the links in my last post which you obviously didn't read.

Maybe you can post your prison population graphs as a smoke screen and escape in the chaos? Tell your liberal friends that you escaped by getting us conservative liquored up, surrounded us and escaped in the confusion after outwitting us. YOU PEOPLE will believe anything.

You didn't 'debunk' anything. Claiming victory every time I hand you your head doesn't make it true. * * * *

But claiming that you have ever handed anybody their head does make it true?

:cuckoo:

You are a retard, Bfgrn. You couldn't find your ass with both hands if the light went out in your outhouse.

You have had your lunch stolen and stepped on; you have been bitch-slapped and humiliated and yet you still claim "Bfgrn wins!" :cuckoo:

Yes Bfgrn... Capitalism is the essense of evil. Nobody should be allowed to be paid for work they do. Wow... are you just missing the days you could buy slaves off the boat or something? Should you even be allowed to be paid for work? Apparently the term "Caveat Emptor" is lost on you economic nihilists.

You have ZERO proof of fraud happening and you wanna start hanging people because some former Media Matters SHILL got elected to congress and is ABUSING HIS POSITION to make false allegations and claims to intimidate citizens who don't even live in his district for crimes that DON'T EVEN EXIST?!?!?!??! All you have are claims of stupid consumers if even those aren't shills providing cover for a fucking fascist. (oooOOOoooo GODWIN! GODWIN! :rolleyes)

You are a fucking tard. No... amend that. You're a Tard's Tard. The other tards would look up to you if they could figure out what the word "UP" meant!

Congrats, you've earned your new monicker: Tardtard.

and have some lolcat frosting.

rtard.jpg

Hey pea brain...YELLING won't change the facts.

FACTS:
Consumers, not Congressman have filed complaints against Goldline International.

'Capitalism is the essense of evil. Nobody should be allowed to be paid for work they do.'

I don't agree with your assessment. Capitalism is not evil, and people should be allowed to be paid for work they do.

AND...consumers should be made aware of unethical businesses and unethical business practices.

To steal a phrase from you right wing pea brains...

IF Goldline is Innocent, they have nothing to worry about...

Tell me Bfgrn. You ever do a post that didn't explode in your face?

....."explode in his face"

OMG Big Fitz is making violent imagry!!!!

1........Bfgrn is able to sharpen his witty retort to include calling Big Fitz "pea brain" for the 1000th time, and then begin to whine about a "right wing conspiracy."

You guys crack me up with this "Bfgrn" guy :lol:

Yeah. He's not a real poster.

A few of the Conservatives here take turns posting as Bfgrn, TruthMatters and Rdean and try to post the absolute stupidest thing a Liberal would say.

It cracks me up all the time

He does teach history. It's funny what you learn by looking at original records. I've always thought that was a good policy.

Isnt it funny how despite the fact that youve been given ample opportunity you still havent shown a single fact he has wrong.

Didnt he say the president hates white people?

That would be his opinion, based on the evidence he has seen, mainly from the President's own words. Opinions aren't facts

I think there is plenty of evidence that he doesn't like white people.

But then, I forgot. You guys define racist as Republican. So according to your definition, he can't be a racist.

That is just one of the stupidest comments anybody could make. He was raised by his white relatives and he loved them. On what basis can anybody claim he hates white people??? Let's hear it, you know-it-all???

Didnt he say the president hates white people?

That would be his opinion, based on the evidence he has seen, mainly from the President's own words. Opinions aren't facts

But then, I forgot. You guys define racist as Republican. So according to your definition, he can't be a racist.

That is just one of the stupidest comments anybody could make. He was raised by his white relatives and he loved them. On what basis can anybody claim he hates white people??? Let's hear it, you know-it-all???

When people who don’t know me well, black or white, discover my background (and it is usually a discovery, for I ceased to advertise my mother’s race at the age of twelve or thirteen, when I began to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating myself to whites), I see the split-second adjustments they have to make, the searching of my eyes for some telltale sign. They no longer know who I am. Privately, they guess at my troubled heart, I suppose – the mixed blood, the divided soul, the ghostly image of the tragic mulatto trapped between two worlds. And if I were to explain that no, the tragedy is not mine, or at least not mine alone, it is yours, sons and daughters of Plymouth Rock and Ellis Island, it is yours, children of Africa, it is the tragedy of both my wife’s six-year-old cousin and his white first grade classmates, so that you need not guess at what troubles me, it’s on the nightly news for all to see, and that if we could acknowledge at least that much then the tragic cycle begins to break down…well, I suspect that I sound incurably naive, wedded to lost hopes, like those Communists who peddle their newspapers on the fringes of various college towns. Or worse, I sound like I’m trying to hide from myself.
Dreams of My Father: Introduction: (p. xv)

She was a good looking woman, Joyce was with her green eyes and honey skin and pouty lips. We lived in the same dorm room my freshman year, and all the brothers were after her. One day I asked her if she was going to the Black Students’ Association meeting. She looked at me funny, then started shaking her head like a baby who doesn’t want what it sees on the spoon.

“I’m not black,” Joyce said. “I’m multiracial.” Then she started telling me about her father, who happened to be Italian and was the sweetest man in the world; and her mother, who happened to be part African and part French and part Native American and part something else. “Why should I have to choose between them?” she asked me. Her voice cracked, and I thought she was going to cry. “It’s not white people who are making me choose. Maybe it used to be that way, but now they’re willing to treat a person. No – it’s black people who always have to make everything racial. They’re the ones making me choose. They’re the ones telling me I can’t be who I am…”

They, they, they. That was the problem with people like Joyce. They talked about the richness of their multicultural heritage and it sounded real good, until you noticed that they avoided black people…

To avoid being mistaken for a sellout, I chose my friends carefully. The more politically active black students. The foreign students. The Chicanos. The Marxist professors and structural feminists and punk-rock performance poets. We smoked cigarettes and wore leather jackets. At night, in the dorms, we discussed neocolonialism, Franz Fanon, Eurocentrism, and patriarchy. When we ground out our cigarettes in the hallway carpet or set our stereos so loud that the walls began to shake, we were resisting bourgeois society’s stifling constraints. We weren’t indifferent or careless or insecure. We were alienated. But this strategy alone couldn’t provide the distance I wanted, from Joyce or my past. After all, there were thousands of so-called campus radicals, most of them white and tenured and happily tolerated. No, it remained necessary to prove which side you were on, to show your loyalty to the black masses, to strike out and name names.”
Dreams of My Father (Pgs 100-101)

I had all but given up on organizing when I recieved a call from Marty Kaufman. He explained that he’d started an organizing drive in Chicago and was looking to hire a trainee. He’d be in New York the following week and suggested that we meet at a coffee shop on Lexington.

His appearance didn’t inspire much confidence. He was a white man of medium height wearing a rumple suit over a pudgy frame. His face was heavy with two-day-old whiskers; behind a pair of thick, wire-rimmed glasses, his eyes seemed set in a perpetual squint. As he rose from the booth to shake my hand, he spilled some tea on his shirt …

He ordered more hot water and told me about himself. He was Jewish, in his late thirties, had been reared in New york. He had started organizing in the sixties with the student protests, and ended up staying with it for fifteen years. Farmers in Nebraska. Blacks in Philadelphia. Mexicans in Chicago. Now he was trying to pull urban blacks and suburban whites together around a plan to save manufacturing jobs in metropolitan Chicago. He needed somebody to work with him, he said. Somebody black. …

He offered to start me off at ten thousand dollars the first year, with a two-thousand-dollar travel allowance to buy a car; the salary would go up if things worked out. After he was gone, I took the long way home, along the East River promenade, and tried to figure out what to make of the man. He was smart, I decided. He seemed committed to his work. Still, there was something about him that made me wary. A little too sure of himself, maybe. And white – he’d said himself that that was a problem.
Dreams of My Father (pgs. 141-142)

And from his book "Audacity of Hope":

"It is this world, a world where cruise ships throw away more food in a day than most residents of Port-au-Prince see in a year, where white folks’ greed runs a world in need, apartheid in one hemisphere, apathy in another hemisphere…That’s the world! On which hope sits!"

"The point I was making was not that my grandmother harbors any racial animosity. She doesn't. But she is a typical white person who, if she sees somebody on the street that she doesn't know, there's a reaction that's been bred into our experiences that don't go away, and that sometimes comes out in the wrong way, and that's just the nature of race in our society."

"It was usually an effective tactic, another one of those tricks I had learned: (White) People were satisfied so long as you were courteous and smiled and made no sudden moves. They were more than satisfied, they were relieved -- such a pleasant surprise to find a well-mannered young black man who didn't seem angry all the time."

You didn't 'debunk' anything. Claiming victory every time I hand you your head doesn't make it true. * * * *

You are a retard, Bfgrn. You couldn't find your ass with both hands if the light went out in your outhouse.

You have had your lunch stolen and stepped on; you have been bitch-slapped and humiliated and yet you still claim "Bfgrn wins!" :cuckoo:

OK LIE-ability... if you want to be part of the pea brain coalition and defend your fellow pea brain BIG Fizzzzzzzz, then here is your assignment...

Bring me the 'debunking' in the POLITICO article pea brain BIG Fizzzzzzzz claims 'debunks' what I posted...

She was a good looking woman, Joyce was with her green eyes and honey skin and pouty lips. We lived in the same dorm room my freshman year, and all the brothers were after her. One day I asked her if she was going to the Black Students’ Association meeting. She looked at me funny, then started shaking her head like a baby who doesn’t want what it sees on the spoon.

“I’m not black,” Joyce said. “I’m multiracial.” Then she started telling me about her father, who happened to be Italian and was the sweetest man in the world; and her mother, who happened to be part African and part French and part Native American and part something else. “Why should I have to choose between them?” she asked me. Her voice cracked, and I thought she was going to cry. “It’s not white people who are making me choose. Maybe it used to be that way, but now they’re willing to treat a person. No – it’s black people who always have to make everything racial. They’re the ones making me choose. They’re the ones telling me I can’t be who I am…”

They, they, they. That was the problem with people like Joyce. They talked about the richness of their multicultural heritage and it sounded real good, until you noticed that they avoided black people…

To avoid being mistaken for a sellout, I chose my friends carefully. The more politically active black students. The foreign students. The Chicanos. The Marxist professors and structural feminists and punk-rock performance poets. We smoked cigarettes and wore leather jackets. At night, in the dorms, we discussed neocolonialism, Franz Fanon, Eurocentrism, and patriarchy. When we ground out our cigarettes in the hallway carpet or set our stereos so loud that the walls began to shake, we were resisting bourgeois society’s stifling constraints. We weren’t indifferent or careless or insecure. We were alienated. But this strategy alone couldn’t provide the distance I wanted, from Joyce or my past. After all, there were thousands of so-called campus radicals, most of them white and tenured and happily tolerated. No, it remained necessary to prove which side you were on, to show your loyalty to the black masses, to strike out and name names.”

I had all but given up on organizing when I recieved a call from Marty Kaufman. He explained that he’d started an organizing drive in Chicago and was looking to hire a trainee. He’d be in New York the following week and suggested that we meet at a coffee shop on Lexington.

His appearance didn’t inspire much confidence. He was a white man of medium height wearing a rumple suit over a pudgy frame. His face was heavy with two-day-old whiskers; behind a pair of thick, wire-rimmed glasses, his eyes seemed set in a perpetual squint. As he rose from the booth to shake my hand, he spilled some tea on his shirt …

He ordered more hot water and told me about himself. He was Jewish, in his late thirties, had been reared in New york. He had started organizing in the sixties with the student protests, and ended up staying with it for fifteen years. Farmers in Nebraska. Blacks in Philadelphia. Mexicans in Chicago. Now he was trying to pull urban blacks and suburban whites together around a plan to save manufacturing jobs in metropolitan Chicago. He needed somebody to work with him, he said. Somebody black. …

He offered to start me off at ten thousand dollars the first year, with a two-thousand-dollar travel allowance to buy a car; the salary would go up if things worked out. After he was gone, I took the long way home, along the East River promenade, and tried to figure out what to make of the man. He was smart, I decided. He seemed committed to his work. Still, there was something about him that made me wary. A little too sure of himself, maybe. And white – he’d said himself that that was a problem.

"It is this world, a world where cruise ships throw away more food in a day than most residents of Port-au-Prince see in a year, where white folks’ greed runs a world in need, apartheid in one hemisphere, apathy in another hemisphere…That’s the world! On which hope sits!"

"The point I was making was not that my grandmother harbors any racial animosity. She doesn't. But she is a typical white person who, if she sees somebody on the street that she doesn't know, there's a reaction that's been bred into our experiences that don't go away, and that sometimes comes out in the wrong way, and that's just the nature of race in our society."

"It was usually an effective tactic, another one of those tricks I had learned: (White) People were satisfied so long as you were courteous and smiled and made no sudden moves. They were more than satisfied, they were relieved -- such a pleasant surprise to find a well-mannered young black man who didn't seem angry all the time."

The full quote shows that Obama's mention of Marty Kaufman's race is made only after Kaufman raises it as a potential problem in light of his consideration to hire Obama for a job on a community organizing drive.

Obama took the job. "Kaufman" is actually a pseudonym. Obama told Chicago Sun-Times reporter Lynn Sweet that the man's real name was Gerald Kellman, who was Obama's boss at his first job in Chicago as a community organizer at the Calumet Community Religious Conference. Obama worked for him for three years before going on to law school. Kellman has said of Obama: "One of the remarkable things is how well he listens to people who are opposed to him."

---------------------------------------------
Building strawman monsters, an epidemic affliction of the 'under the bed', right wing fear filled pea brain mind...

Defending your god huh frankie

Do you understand what the First Amendment means?

You're an idiot!!! He is encouraging violence!!! And you can shove the first amendment. It sure hasn't helped anybody wanting to use fowl language, has it?? Why should it be enforced for an evil man that lies and wants to promote death and hate?? Oh, he can say whatever he wants. Screw him.

And he is lying about the foundation anyway, you moron!!

Asa long as he doesn't tell the truth you reallyt don't care what Beck as to say. Screw you. Beck doesn't have to say a thing because we are on to obama and the democrats game. count down in Nov. when America does the first of a few flush to remove the shit from the white house on down.

OK LIE-ability... if you want to be part of the pea brain coalition and defend your fellow pea brain BIG Fizzzzzzzz, then here is your assignment...

Bring me the 'debunking' in the POLITICO article pea brain BIG Fizzzzzzzz claims 'debunks' what I posted...

Wow. That was like all incredibly impressive and shit. THIS time not only did you invoke the ultimate win-word in any discussion (oh nozies, Bfgrn called us pea-brains --- yet again!) but you ALSO called me "LIE-ability." Wherever do you come up with such genius? Oh to be you. Why, you might as well declare "victory" again and advise your admiring reflection in the mirror how you "handed me my head."

I mean, that IS your latest over-powering turn of phrase, right?

By the way, if you find yourself lost when chatting with your betters, like Fitz, you could just politely ask him for clarification. he's got a huge generous streak. He would be more than happy to explain things to you using small words. But you ARE gonna have to pay attention, m'kay? Good.

Last edited:

The full quote shows that Obama's mention of Marty Kaufman's race is made only after Kaufman raises it as a potential problem in light of his consideration to hire Obama for a job on a community organizing drive.

Obama took the job. "Kaufman" is actually a pseudonym. Obama told Chicago Sun-Times reporter Lynn Sweet that the man's real name was Gerald Kellman, who was Obama's boss at his first job in Chicago as a community organizer at the Calumet Community Religious Conference. Obama worked for him for three years before going on to law school. Kellman has said of Obama: "One of the remarkable things is how well he listens to people who are opposed to him."

---------------------------------------------
Building strawman monsters, an epidemic affliction of the 'under the bed', right wing fear filled pea brain mind...

Obama is still a racist.

Wow. That was like all incredibly impressive and shit. THIS time not only did you invoke the ultimate win-word in any discussion (oh nozies, Bfgrn called us pea-brains --- yet again!) but you ALSO called me "LIE-ability." Wherever do you come up with such genius? Oh to be you. Why, you might as well declare "victory" again and advise your admiring reflection in the mirror how you "handed me my head."

By the way, if you find yourself lost when chatting with your betters, like Fitz, you could just politely ask him for clarification. he's got a huge generous streak. He would be more than happy to explain things to you using small words. But you ARE gonna have to pay attention, m'kay? Good.

WOW, all those words to say: "I can't bring the 'debunking' in the POLITICO article pea brain BIG Fizzzzzzzz claims 'debunks' what Bfgrn posted...

I can't hear what you are saying

Aw shit. I'm white, too. That means I have a "problem" according to the President.

Gotta be wary of white people.

Lord loves a workin' man; don't trust whitey; see a doctor and get rid of it.
Navin.

WOW, all those words to say: "I can't bring the 'debunking' in the POLITICO article pea brain BIG Fizzzzzzzz claims 'debunks' what Bfgrn posted...

Wow. More words like "pea-brain" and Fizzzz.

Yes indeed. You may have nothing, and it certainly shows, but at least you never will.

Again. As I properly directed you: Ask him. He left the links for you. Must he read the words to you, too?

Why can't you just admit that you have been pwnd -- yet again?

.yes indeed..

Yes indeed. You may have nothing, and it certainly shows, but at least you never will.

Again. As I properly directed you: Ask him. He left the links for you. Must he read the words to you, too?

Yes, pea brain, your pea brain cohort BIG Fizzzzzzzz left links... one link he claims 'debunks' my post was the POLITICO article you continue to ignore...

Rep. Anthony Weiner targets Glenn Beck and Goldline International - Kenneth P. Vogel - POLITICO.com

Are you THAT obtuse? Are you allowed to cross the street without your mommy?

You can't even correctly name the book, let alone interpret the meaning. Go soak your head, dummy.

Forum List

Back