Median CEO pay crosses $10 million

How does CEO pay affect the downtrodden? Is it class envy? If the CEO's were paid less would the workers be paid more? If so by how much?

Gross executive pay should have the same effects as a min wage increase. Not sure how the right loves one and not the other.

It's sad that conservatives believe that the guys who actually do the work at the corporations, the guys who build the cars, who dig the coal, who fly the planes, who serve you breakfast at MacDonalds, are overpaid,

and the guys who sit in the corner offices trying to figure out how many more of the real workers we can get rid of to squeeze another nickel of profit are the ones who are underpaid.

Yeah, yeah, yeah.

Okay.

So what is your plan?

Precisely?

My plan is to never vote for anyone who is not the best electable choice for the working people.

The "working people" eh? Does Beyonce work? Does Tom Brady work? Does Obama work? How about Trump, does he work?

Just because some people's "work" is considered more valuable than others by society, does not mean that they do not "work".

How does CEO pay affect the downtrodden? Is it class envy? If the CEO's were paid less would the workers be paid more? If so by how much?

Gross executive pay should have the same effects as a min wage increase. Not sure how the right loves one and not the other.

so this thread is for you dumping on the right?
how about you go start a business and work FOR NOTHING, pay your employees $50 an hour... and then get back to us and let us know how it went

Last edited:
Yeah, yeah, yeah.

Okay.

So what is your plan?

Precisely?

My plan is to never vote for anyone who is not the best electable choice for the working people.

the would leave out your boy obama leftard

the rich have gotten richer and the poor poorer on his watch

idiots and hypocrites

So you're telling me that voting for McCain or Romney would have produced a different outcome?

Prove it.

It's sad that conservatives believe that the guys who actually do the work at the corporations, the guys who build the cars, who dig the coal, who fly the planes, who serve you breakfast at MacDonalds, are overpaid,

and the guys who sit in the corner offices trying to figure out how many more of the real workers we can get rid of to squeeze another nickel of profit are the ones who are underpaid.

Are Beyonce and Jay Z overpaid or underpaid? and what should be done about it?

More power to them. I don't begrudge anyone making that kind of money.

I simply see no reason to hate someone just because they make more money than I do.

nice try, but don't expect anything meaningful from our friends on the left--------------they want all CEOs jailed, their money confiscated, and their wealth "given" to the starving masses.

The left wing idiots do not realize that the system they beg for consists of a very small group who control all of the power and all of the money and everyone else is "equally" miserable. Travel to Russia if you want to see it for yourself.

I guess what I'd like to see is a lefty who demonstrates that they have thought through the various implications of the options. There are a few things that can be done, of course, but each carries its own potential pitfalls.

Maybe there is a good combination of actions that can be taken. I'd just like to see that the downside has been examined, and I don't see that very often here.

I agree. Do you think the lefties would want those same limits placed on entertainers and athletes? Why do none of them complain about the amount of money that society is giving to Beyonce for example?

Why do you complain about unionized food service workers but not about unionized NFL or MLB players?

idiots and hypocrites

So you're telling me that voting for McCain or Romney would have produced a different outcome?

Prove it.

It could not possibly have been any worse. Everything obama has done has made the economy and the country weaker. He is the worst president in history, bar none. Jimmy Carter has a big smile on his face.

I guess what I'd like to see is a lefty who demonstrates that they have thought through the various implications of the options. There are a few things that can be done, of course, but each carries its own potential pitfalls.

Maybe there is a good combination of actions that can be taken. I'd just like to see that the downside has been examined, and I don't see that very often here.

I agree. Do you think the lefties would want those same limits placed on entertainers and athletes? Why do none of them complain about the amount of money that society is giving to Beyonce for example?

Why do you complain about unionized food service workers but not about unionized NFL or MLB players?

I did, dipshit.

I bet neither gets a golden parachute when they lose popularity. How about those millions the target ceo got for failure?

lets not stop there. how about those in the:
the NBA, NFL, Politicians shouldn't be able to BE millionaires like the the seven of the top ten richest people in Congress (DEMOCRATS) are and on we go

Last edited:

the NBA, NFL, Politicians shouldn't be able to BE millionaires like the the seven of the top ten richest people in Congress (DEMOCRATS) are and on we go

Athletes have very short careers. They also don't get a golden parachute when career is over. Plus they aren't paying workers. It's some really rich guy paying them to feed his ego.

I bet neither gets a golden parachute when they lose popularity. How about those millions the target ceo got for failure?

He negotiated a good contract. Good for him. The board of directors agreed to a contract that gave him that benefit. Are you suggesting that the federal govt should void a legal contract?

Athletes have very short careers. They also don't get a golden parachute when career is over. Plus they aren't paying workers. It's some really rich guy paying them to feed his ego.

great dork; just tell me who to lynch?

A business generates a finite amount of revenue every year. The bigger percentage of that revenue that goes to one part of the business, the less there is for another part.

If, for example, a CEO makes ten million a year instead of five million, that's five million a year that has to go to him, and can't go somewhere else.

If, for example, a hundred employees at a business make 20,000 a year instead of 25,000, that's half a million dollars saved on labor that can go somewhere else in the business, for example,

it could go mostly to CEO compensation.

He negotiated a good contract. Good for him. The board of directors agreed to a contract that gave him that benefit. Are you suggesting that the federal govt should void a legal contract?

I wouldn't hire someone who wanted to negotiate his failure. Tells you the game is rigged.

A business generates a finite amount of revenue every year. The bigger percentage of that revenue that goes to one part of the business, the less there is for another part.

If, for example, a CEO makes ten million a year instead of five million, that's five million a year that has to go to him, and can't go somewhere else.

If, for example, a hundred employees at a business make 20,000 a year instead of 25,000, that's half a million dollars saved on labor that can go somewhere else in the business, for example,

good one stupid; except that you support all kinds of things that dont follow the logid you're deluding yourself into thinking you support

for instance the billions spent on public education that dont seem to "trickle down" to students

ur a damn hypocrite and a fool

idiots and hypocrites

Prove it.

It could not possibly have been any worse. Everything obama has done has made the economy and the country weaker. He is the worst president in history, bar none. Jimmy Carter has a big smile on his face.

Obama started with an economy that was running at -6% GDP and losing over half a million jobs per month.

1. Prove the economy is worse now than THAT.

2. Show us any president that has had to start from that poor an economic condition.

Or, you could shut the fuck up.

good one stupid; except that you support all kinds of things that dont follow the logid you're deluding yourself into thinking you support

for instance the billions spent on public education that dont seem to "trickle down" to students

ur a damn hypocrite and a fool

What? lol. You jabber like a monkey.

Forum List

Back