Medical marijuana program could save US taxpayer $1billion

upload_2017-4-25_19-26-44.png

MODI’IN, ISRAEL — When Noa Shulman came home from school, her mother, Yael, sat her down to eat, then spoon-fed her mashed sweet potatoes — mixed with cannabis oil.

Noa, who has a severe form of autism, started to bite her own arm. “No sweetie,” Yael gently told her 17-year-old daughter. “Here, have another bite of this.”

Noa is part of the first clinical trial in the world to test the benefits of medicinal marijuana
Marijuana may be a miracle treatment for children with autism

You know, for the last 8 years I was in the Navy, I was a Drug and Alcohol Program Advisor. That meant that I needed to know how to spot drug and alcohol abuse in sailors, as well as had to know the effects of them and how harmful they were to the body.

Out of all the research that the Navy made me learn, I could never figure out why it was illegal. It was certainly less harmful than alcohol, and there were never any withdrawl symptoms if you suddenly stopped smoking cannabis.

Then, after I retired from the Navy, I did lots of research on the 'net as well as other places, checking out how people used it, what happened, etc., and after about 6 months of research, I decided to do the ultimate experiment and try it for myself. Been 420 friendly ever since.

Then, when CO legalized it, my roomie and I started going up there on a regular basis to check out the different varieties. In doing so, I came in contact with a lot of veterans (I always have a US Navy ballcap on when I go out), who told me that they came back from the war with lots of problems, and many of them were taking 10 to 15 pills PER DAY! And, they told me that when it was legalized, many of them started trying it as a relief from PTSD and the like. Guess what? Almost all of the veterans said that because of the relief from cannabis, they were able to wean themselves off of all the drugs the VA had them on.

The only reason that marijuana was made illegal in the first place was because of racism (Anslinger hated black and brown people, the largest consumers of marijuana at the time), and greed, because Herst and Dupont didn't want to compete with hemp. Herst because of his timber holdings (he didnt want hemp paper because of that), and Dupont because of their new research into things made with crude oil, and they didn't want to compete with hemp oil.

If you still support keeping marijuana illegal, then you are also supporting racism and greed.
Racism! If there ever was a reason to oppose stonerism it's got to be WAAYYYYCCCISSMM.

Your need a reason to celebrate Hitler's birthday do you.

You know, for the last 8 years I was in the Navy, I was a Drug and Alcohol Program Advisor. That meant that I needed to know how to spot drug and alcohol abuse in sailors, as well as had to know the effects of them and how harmful they were to the body.

Out of all the research that the Navy made me learn, I could never figure out why it was illegal. It was certainly less harmful than alcohol, and there were never any withdrawl symptoms if you suddenly stopped smoking cannabis.

Then, after I retired from the Navy, I did lots of research on the 'net as well as other places, checking out how people used it, what happened, etc., and after about 6 months of research, I decided to do the ultimate experiment and try it for myself. Been 420 friendly ever since.

Then, when CO legalized it, my roomie and I started going up there on a regular basis to check out the different varieties. In doing so, I came in contact with a lot of veterans (I always have a US Navy ballcap on when I go out), who told me that they came back from the war with lots of problems, and many of them were taking 10 to 15 pills PER DAY! And, they told me that when it was legalized, many of them started trying it as a relief from PTSD and the like. Guess what? Almost all of the veterans said that because of the relief from cannabis, they were able to wean themselves off of all the drugs the VA had them on.

The only reason that marijuana was made illegal in the first place was because of racism (Anslinger hated black and brown people, the largest consumers of marijuana at the time), and greed, because Herst and Dupont didn't want to compete with hemp. Herst because of his timber holdings (he didnt want hemp paper because of that), and Dupont because of their new research into things made with crude oil, and they didn't want to compete with hemp oil.

If you still support keeping marijuana illegal, then you are also supporting racism and greed.
Racism! If there ever was a reason to oppose stonerism it's got to be WAAYYYYCCCISSMM.

Your need a reason to celebrate Hitler's birthday do you.

Look it up. Anslinger is the one that started the whole drive to get it made illegal. One, because he was a DEA agent and needed to justify his job, and two, he hated black and brown people who were the major consumers of cannabis, which is why the punishments for marijuana were so draconian.

View attachment 123358

MODI’IN, ISRAEL — When Noa Shulman came home from school, her mother, Yael, sat her down to eat, then spoon-fed her mashed sweet potatoes — mixed with cannabis oil.

Noa, who has a severe form of autism, started to bite her own arm. “No sweetie,” Yael gently told her 17-year-old daughter. “Here, have another bite of this.”

Noa is part of the first clinical trial in the world to test the benefits of medicinal marijuana
Marijuana may be a miracle treatment for children with autism

If any of you people have VICE channel on your cable provider, I highly recommend checking out a show called "Weediquette". It shows you people who actually use marijuana, why they use it, and what it does to them. If you would watch that show, you could educate yourself a great deal about marijuana.

The interesting thing about this show, is that in the first two episodes, the host is kinda leery about marijuana, but when he sees all the benefits that people are getting from it, as well as sees that the use isn't as bad as he thought, he then starts to try it, and he tells you exactly what is going on.

And yeah, there have been episodes that cover everything from recreational use, to medical use in children with epilepsy and autism, to medical use by football players (many NFL players are pushing for medical marijuana so they can stay off opiates), to successful treatment of heroin users in getting them off heroin.

Interestingly enough, marijuana helps with all of the withdrawl symptoms that heroin users go through. It helps with joint pain, the nausea they go through, as well as calming them down from their agitation. Their success rate thus far for heroin users getting clean is around 60 percent. I don't know if you people know what the success rates are for getting clean from heroin, but 60 percent is a HUGE win, because the recovery rates are more around the single to low double digits.

Forum List

Back