Meet The Woman Changing The Face Of Gun Ownership In America

Witchit

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2014
TARDIS
My name is Marchelle "Tig" Washington, owner of Trigger Happy Firearm Instruction. "I started this firearm instruction company in 2016 because I noticed a lack of representation in the gun community. I would see women coming into the range where I worked and feel extremely uncomfortable while their significant other attempted to teach them about firearms. Sometimes it's hard to believe you can do something until you see someone who looks like you in that position.

My firearms background stems from the military. I was in the Army National Guard for seven years and became a pistol instructor when I left the military in the summer of 2016. I fell in love with shooting while working a local Atlanta gun range. I've learned a lot about firearms in the last 16 months but I would never consider mysef an expert. I've always been a student first.

My end game is to effectively teach a million women how to shoot before I leave this realm. I also plan to open my own gun range. As a domestic abuse and sexual assault survivor, I think it's important that women feel like they're in control of their safety. I'm just here to empower women and make sure that no one else becomes a victim".

About

I only missed expert by two points in basic. I enjoyed firing weapons, and strangely enough cleaning them. Don't know what that was about. Anyway, just a bit of a paradigm shift for me, who will likely never own a gun again but do remember when I enjoyed record fire.

I made expert but what's the point? We have all these deaths because we have all these guns and I have nothing against owning a gun but glorifying them seems off the wall to me.

Guns kill 1,300 US children every year, study finds
Guns kill 1,300 US children every year

A day in America
"3 adults, 1 child found shot to death inside Alaska hotel room
Police: Man shot dead while trying to stop man from beating woman
3 shot while hanging Christmas lights amid fight with driver
Good Samaritan fatally shot outside Northwest Side Walmart
Accused Charleston church shooter Dylann Roof competent to stand trial"

He had been researching other school shooters for months and, determined to outdo them, learned exactly how many people they'd murdered: 13 at Columbine High; 26 at Sandy Hook Elementary; 32 at Virginia Tech." "I think ill probably most likely kill around 50 or 60," Jesse declared. "If I get lucky maybe 150."

Accused S.C. teen wanted to outdo other school shootings. The problem, he explained, was the weapon.

Columbine shooters came from two parent families too. This is more complicated than the fluff from right wing apologists.
"I would have been a school shooter if I could’ve gotten a gun"

Perspective | I would have been a school shooter if I could’ve gotten a gun

"In an era of incredible division and political polarization, military killing is the most thoroughly bipartisan of all policy initiatives. Drone murders spiked tenfold under Obama, and Trump has supposedly already upped the Obama rate by a factor of eight. The new president apparently killed more civilians in his first seven months in office than Obama did overall, making use of our growing capacity for mechanized murder.""Giant militarized countries, "he said, "breed violent populations.""

Taibbi: If We Want Kids to Stop Killing, the Adults Have to Stop, Too

"The shooter is almost always male. Of the past 129 mass shootings in the United States, all but three have been men. The shooter is socially alienated, and he can’t get laid. Every time you scratch the surface of the latest mass killing, in a movie theatre, a school, the streets of Paris or an abortion clinic, you find the weaponised loser. From Jihadi John of ISIS to Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris at Columbine, these men are invariably stuck in the emotional life of an adolescent. They always struggle with self-esteem – especially regarding women – and sometimes they give up entirely on the possibility of amorous fulfilment. There are different levels of tactical coordination, different ostensible grievances and different access to firearms, but the psyche beneath is invariably the same."

Humiliation and rage: how toxic masculinity fuels mass shootings | Aeon Essays

Seems like she understands the need for self defense. Which makes her smarter than half the country.
Not sure how she is changing anything though..

Last edited:
It is curious why those on the left want to make women even more vulnerable to rape and violent crime?

Maybe they can explain, I sure can’t.
criminals and rapists are awesome.

Who almost made expert? Certainly not Boop. Like Boop could ever make military weight requirements. :auiqs.jpg:

Last edited:
I only missed expert by two points in basic. I enjoyed firing weapons, and strangely enough cleaning them. Don't know what that was about.

I've taught many people to shoot over the last 30 years. Women are always--always the better students. They consistently score better right off the bat. It took me a while to figure it out but when I did, it made sense.

Women listen to instructions. A woman's objective in learning to shoot is to put a hole in the target as close to the aim point as possible. The firearm is just a tool to make a hole.

Men on the other hand....sigh. Men want to play with a gadget and hear it, feel it go bang. They want the experience right now.

When you start a class with men or just one male, they are fixated on the firearm. They want to play with it and shoot it right now. They are distracted by the new toy and don't listen. It's only much later, when the new wears off that they develop a desire to improve their accuracy. Then they will listen.

I learned over time when teaching a male, to have the firearm out of sight. Men are fascinated with mechanical gadgets to the point of distraction.

It is curious why those on the left want to make women even more vulnerable to rape and violent crime?

I'll try to explain. First you make an appeal to emotion instead of an actual argument. I'll demonstrate. Explain why you don't care about kids getting shot in schools? Explain why you find it acceptable that toddlers get shot by their siblings in accidental shootings? It's a fallacy because it goes by a dishonest presumption. The argument is that the damage done by the lack of gun control outweighs the negative effects of not allowing people to carry guns everywhere. I'm willing to argue the correctness of that argument but this means that you will have to be able to back up your claims. So please can you back up that not wanting people to carry defense weapons means I don't care about them being attacked ?

I'll try to explain. First you make an appeal to emotion instead of an actual argument. I'll demonstrate. Explain why you don't care about kids getting shot in schools? Explain why you find it acceptable that toddlers get shot by their siblings in accidental shootings? It's a fallacy because it goes by a dishonest presumption. The argument is that the damage done by the lack of gun control outweighs the negative effects of not allowing people to carry guns everywhere. I'm willing to argue the correctness of that argument but this means that you will have to be able to back up your claims. So please can you back up that not wanting people to carry defense weapons means I don't care about them being attacked ?
What else could it mean? Simply put if you don't want the law abiding to be able to carry defensive weapons then you don't care about them getting hurt or killed by criminals. If you want to end school shootings, put people in the schools who can shoot the shooters.

Last edited:

What else could it mean? Simply put if you don't want the law abiding to be able to carry defensive weapon then you don't care about then getting hurt or killed by criminals. If you want to end school shootings, put people in the schools who can shoot the shooters.

It's already been done in Parkland. Seeing how inept the BCSO is, the Governor sent some Troopers to the school.

You ask questions before providing an answer?

OK, I'll Play:

It appears that I have more of a concern about ending school murder than nearly anyone on this board.

Your theory is the banning AR style rifles will end these murderers.

What, in this theory makes you think that banning Murderer from one type of tool will stop a Murderer from doing what Murderers do? Murderers murder, it's what they do. Limit access to one tool will just make them access that tool in a different way (steal them or buy them from other criminals), or find another way. No AR Style guns, then it's a semi auto pistol or a shotgun, both as, if not more effective tools in a confined space (which is what a school is).

As far as the acceptability of a toddler being killed by a sibling. Most of those are not intentional, and yes, I think the individual that left the weapon accessible to a child should receive severe punishment. But lets look at this statistically, children killed in car "accidents" far exceed those by irresponsible gun owners.

1,600 per year in the United States in car accidents

I've seen the statistics that 7 children die each day by guns, however, 4 of these are the result of criminal assault and the other 3 are suicide. The type of accident you speak of is extremely rare.

But I guess I could include that an incredibly high amount of these Monsters that commit these crimes are on SSRI prescriptions (antidepressants), which 11% of our entire adult population is on, and these drugs makes that population 50% more likely to commit a violent crime. I am not hearing anyone talking about banning SSRI's when their users are involved in these mass murderers at an incredibly disproportional rate.

Now, your turn. What law are you going to offer that stops the killing by murderers who already know that, if caught, which most are, will stop them from murdering other? If memory serves me correctly, the two largest events that killed the most people in single events involved box cutters and rental trucks.

So, knowing all of the above, why do you want to make women more vulnerable to rape (many of the rape victims are also children).?

Links:

Is it Drugs Not Guns that Cause Violence? | HuffPost

Every mass shooting over last 20 years has one thing in common... and it's not guns

New Evidence that Antidepressants Are Causing an Epidemic of Violence

People who take antidepressants are '50% more likely to be convicted of assault' | Daily Mail Online

"An Oxford University study found that men – and women – in their late teens and early 20s – were almost 50 per cent more likely to be convicted of offences from assault to murder when taking SSRI drugs."

"Meanwhile in the US around 11 per cent of people aged 12 and over take antidepressants, including SSRIs, according to the US Centres for Disease Control and Prevention. "

OK, I'll Play:

It appears that I have more of a concern about ending school murder than nearly anyone on this board.

What, in this theory makes you think that banning Murderer from one type of tool will stop a Murderer from doing what Murderers do? Murderers murder, it's what they do. Limit access to one tool will just make them access that tool in a different way (steal them or buy them from other criminals), or find another way. No AR Style guns, then it's a semi auto pistol or a shotgun, both as, if not more effective tools in a confined space (which is what a school is).

As far as the acceptability of a toddler being killed by a sibling. Most of those are not intentional, and yes, I think the individual that left the weapon accessible to a child should receive severe punishment. But lets look at this statistically, children killed in car "accidents" far exceed those by irresponsible gun owners.

I've seen the statistics that 7 children die each day by guns, however, 4 of these are the result of criminal assault and the other 3 are suicide. The type of accident you speak of is extremely rare.

But I guess I could include that an incredibly high amount of these Monsters that commit these crimes are on SSRI prescriptions (antidepressants), which 11% of our entire adult population is on, and these drugs makes that population 50% more likely to commit a violent crime. I am not hearing anyone talking about banning SSRI's when their users are involved in these mass murderers at an incredibly disproportional rate.

Now, your turn. What law are you going to ban that stops the killing by murderers who already know that, if caught, which most are, will stop them from murdering other? If memory serves me correctly, the two largest events that killed the most people in single events involved box cutters and rental trucks.

So, knowing all of the above, why do you want to make women more vulnerable to rape (many of the rape victims are also children).?

Links:

Every mass shooting over last 20 years has one thing in common... and it's not guns

People who take antidepressants are '50% more likely to be convicted of assault' | Daily Mail Online

"An Oxford University study found that men – and women – in their late teens and early 20s – were almost 50 per cent more likely to be convicted of offences from assault to murder when taking SSRI drugs."

"Meanwhile in the US around 11 per cent of people aged 12 and over take antidepressants, including SSRIs, according to the US Centres for Disease Control and Prevention. "
This has already happened, that is the going from the weapon of choice that was not available to another that was. Some Chin*** student went in to buy an AR-15 so that he could shoot up a school and all they had was the neutered version so he wanted a shotgun instead. Gun store refused to sell to him one and he was deported.

Last edited:
I made expert but what's the point? We have all these deaths because we have all these guns and I have nothing against owning a gun but glorifying them seems off the wall to me.

A day in America

He had been researching other school shooters for months and, determined to outdo them, learned exactly how many people they'd murdered: 13 at Columbine High; 26 at Sandy Hook Elementary; 32 at Virginia Tech." "I think ill probably most likely kill around 50 or 60," Jesse declared. "If I get lucky maybe 150."

Accused S.C. teen wanted to outdo other school shootings. The problem, he explained, was the weapon.

Columbine shooters came from two parent families too. This is more complicated than the fluff from right wing apologists.

"In an era of incredible division and political polarization, military killing is the most thoroughly bipartisan of all policy initiatives. Drone murders spiked tenfold under Obama, and Trump has supposedly already upped the Obama rate by a factor of eight. The new president apparently killed more civilians in his first seven months in office than Obama did overall, making use of our growing capacity for mechanized murder.""Giant militarized countries, "he said, "breed violent populations.""

"The shooter is almost always male. Of the past 129 mass shootings in the United States, all but three have been men. The shooter is socially alienated, and he can’t get laid. Every time you scratch the surface of the latest mass killing, in a movie theatre, a school, the streets of Paris or an abortion clinic, you find the weaponised loser. From Jihadi John of ISIS to Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris at Columbine, these men are invariably stuck in the emotional life of an adolescent. They always struggle with self-esteem – especially regarding women – and sometimes they give up entirely on the possibility of amorous fulfilment. There are different levels of tactical coordination, different ostensible grievances and different access to firearms, but the psyche beneath is invariably the same."

Why do you people ignore the real problem when in comes to murder and violence?

70% of all murder take place is very distinct and small areas within just 5% of all the counties in the country.

These areas are historically plagued by poverty and the violence that goes with that poverty.

I'm willing to be that most of those 1300 kids under 17 are killed in these murder islands.

And in fact most young adults killed are killed in these very distinct ( and very well known) areas

But you people flat out ignore this and concentrate on things that will do nothing to lower the murder rate

A day in America

1300 children killed by guns, 1600 killed in car accidents.

It is said that 7 children die each day from guns. But what you failed to post is that 4 of those are from criminal assault and the other 3 are from suicide. Accidental shootings are rare, car accidental death is not. And you want to make the public paranoid about which one? Murderers murder, it's what they do. The two highest victim counts in the United States were accomplished by using box cutters and rental trucks. You want them banned as well?

OK, I'll Play:

Now, your turn. What law are you going to offer that stops the killing by murderers who already know that, if caught, which most are, will stop them from murdering other? If memory serves me correctly, the two largest events that killed the most people in single events involved box cutters and rental trucks.

Links:

I did. You might not recognize it as such but that is a direct answer to the question posed in your post.

The argument is that the damage done by the lack of gun control outweighs the negative effects of not allowing people to carry guns everywhere.

What, in this theory makes you think that banning Murderer from one type of tool will stop a Murderer from doing what Murderers do?
What makes you think I claim it will stop a murderer? At best I can hope to limit the damage a murderer can do. It's a often used strawman argument that the left claims that they claim that banning guns will stop violent crimes. I don't even believe that all guns should be banned. If you can demonstrate a actual usefulness for owning a weapon I think you should be allowed to have one. Usefulness being self defense and hunting. Since one, only fires 1 weapon at a time that should be the limit and since an AR15 is not a good weapon to use in that capacity it should be banned. Carrying weapons on your person at all times to me seems like a good way to get yourself and the people around you shot and that outweighs the POSSIBILITY it will safe your life. By the way I'm European and I'm fine with trying to keep weapons strictly regulated. Not for nothing there was an armed officer at Parkland did that safe anybody? How many armed people where present in Vegas? For every hypothetical rape victim you can show, I can show an accidental shooting or a person who still got attacked despite being armed. The only rational way to approach the gun debate is to see what the net effect of restricting gun access is on society as a whole. For the record cause I don't think you got it. I do believe you care when a person gets shot accidentally or on purpose like in Parkland. Just like I care when a someone gets raped. I just want the medicine not be worse then the cure. Especially since you can't establish the cure is all that effective

A false premise wrapped in a straw man coating!

A two-fer!

Name any advanced western nation which has much stricter gun control than we have, and I guarantee I would still be able to legally purchase a gun there if I was a citizen of that country.

This isn't about keeping law abiding citizens from protecting themselves. This is about mitigating our homicide rate which far exceeds any other advanced western nation's.

Forum List

Back