🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Meg Whitman: Hypocrisy and Karma

Talk about pouring money down a rat-hole.

The investigation is over. It's a "he said...she said" situation.

What investigation? The medias'? Nope, I want to know if she received follow-up letters from any government agencies reminding her of the discrepancy. It would be good to confirm whether this woman is a total liar at minimal, or a criminal at worst.

Personally it's none of your fucken business.

Besides...you already consider her a criminal for not signing her paperwork.

OOOOOOOOOOOOO

I figure it's all a matter of the seriousness of the issues. But with you it's who did it...not how serious it was.

I never claimed she was a criminal, only that there's evidence to suggest it. So all you're doing is manufacturing a strawman. It is my business to see that immigration law is properly administered, and not used for a shield to make brown people second class Americans.

You on the other hand, just want this whole problem to go away. You don't want to know if crimes or actionable torts have been committed. That makes you a partisan hack.

Talk about pouring money down a rat-hole.

The investigation is over. It's a "he said...she said" situation.

What investigation? The medias'? Nope, I want to know if she received follow-up letters from any government agencies reminding her of the discrepancy. It would be good to confirm whether this woman is a total liar at minimal, or a criminal at worst.

What we do know is that the housekeeper is here illegally and lied to the government and the employment agency about her immigration status and her SS#. What are you going to do about that? Maybe you'd have better luck if you blamed Bush or Cheney or Rush for the entire mess.

In a way you have to hold them at least contributing to the whole offense. The were the ones who scaled back the auditing of employee records. Luckily we now have a President who isn't shirking that responsibility.

OOOOOOOOOOOOO

I figure it's all a matter of the seriousness of the issues. But with you it's who did it...not how serious it was.

I never claimed she was a criminal, only that there's evidence to suggest it. So all you're doing is manufacturing a strawman. It is my business to see that immigration law is properly administered, and not used for a shield to make brown people second class Americans.

You on the other hand, just want this whole problem to go away. You don't want to know if crimes or actionable torts have been committed. That makes you a partisan hack.

You're the silly fuck that keeps implying criminality.

That makes you a partisan hack.

What we do know is that the housekeeper is here illegally and lied to the government and the employment agency about her immigration status and her SS#. What are you going to do about that? Maybe you'd have better luck if you blamed Bush or Cheney or Rush for the entire mess.

In a way you have to hold them at least contributing to the whole offense. The were the ones who scaled back the auditing of employee records. Luckily we now have a President who isn't shirking that responsibility.

Right. He's shirking his responsibility in just about every other area.

Like doing his job to the best of his ability.

Like treating everyone the same regardless to their skin color or their politics.

Like defending and protecting the laws of the land...not doing everything in his power to go around them.

OOOOOOOOOOOOO

No, I'm saying there's evidence showing either criminal or civil wrongdoing on the part of Whitman, and we need to have it properly investigated and adjudicated. You on the other hand think a bunch of media stories and press conferences constitute a duly diligent investigation. You want it all to be ignored.

For the record, I have never suggested Ms. Whitman is a criminal. I simply stated she is a hypocrite and has earned an exceptional amount of bad karma.
Why Mudwhistle and the rest of the echo chamber care about the governors race in California is curious, even more so when he and they defame Jerry Brown on facts and issues which they know little or nothing about.
Then again they know little about a lot, and nothing about the rest. Simply stated the echo chamber posts propaganda and the lies, half-truths and character assassination broadcast by Limbaugh & News Corp. Original thinking is as alien a concept to them as is critical thought. Emotion not reason is the basis of their world view.
Looking at the list of new posts on any day is evidence enough (even though the RW Fringers deny it) the echo chamber get all their talking points from conservative - strike that - the Reactionary talking heads.
Suggesting the tea party is a new and exciting movement is laughable, it is simply another iteration of Stom Thurmonds Dixiecrats, much as George Wallace's American Independent Party was in 1968.

No, I'm saying there's evidence showing either criminal or civil wrongdoing on the part of Whitman, and we need to have it properly investigated and adjudicated. You on the other hand think a bunch of media stories and press conferences constitute a duly diligent investigation. You want it all to be ignored.

Not ignored.

I figure give it the consideration it deserves.....which isn't much.

It's clear criminality is not the issue.

Nobody is pressing any charges btw. All this amounts to is a smear on the eve of an election. Why don't you go back to bashing Christine O'Donnell.

Not ignored.

Nobody is pressing any charges btw. All this amounts to is a smear on the eve of an election. Why don't you go back to bashing Christine O'Donnell.

I can see how little consideration you give it. :rofl:

For the record, I have never suggested Ms. Whitman is a criminal. I simply stated she is a hypocrite and has earned an exceptional amount of bad karma.
Why Mudwhistle and the rest of the echo chamber care about the governors race in California is curious, even more so when he and they defame Jerry Brown on facts and issues which they know little or nothing about.
Then again they know little about a lot, and nothing about the rest. Simply stated the echo chamber posts propaganda and the lies, half-truths and character assassination broadcast by Limbaugh & News Corp. Original thinking is as alien a concept to them as is critical thought. Emotion not reason is the basis of their world view.
Looking at the list of new posts on any day is evidence enough (even though the RW Fringers deny it) the echo chamber get all their talking points from conservative - strike that - the Reactionary talking heads.
Suggesting the tea party is a new and exciting movement is laughable, it is simply another iteration of Stom Thurmonds Dixiecrats, much as George Wallace's American Independent Party was in 1968.

I used to live in California.

Jerry Brown is like a bad dream that keeps coming back to haunt CA.

Like I stated earlier...I met his father. He's a rotten sneak who ruined my friends chance at starting a savings and loan in San Diego. With some people, like Brown's father, when they make you an offer you'd better take it or you'll end up paying for it. From what I can tell the apple didn't fall very far from the tree in Jerry's case.

Not ignored.

I can see how little consideration you give it. :rofl:

Explain how serious it is not to put a signature on a form?

Is she guilty of fraud or just a clerical error?

I tend to think the latter.

She would not have been hired in the first place if the employment agency had done their job. This was not the responsibility of the Whitman's. That's why Mr. Whitman passed it on to the housekeeper. Mrs. Whitman never even saw it.
You are talking about two different topics. And you are wrong. It is always the employer's responsibility.

No, it isn't. It is the responsibility of the employment agency to screen employees. The housekeeper lied to them and they did not check her out. When I hire someone to do work for me and I go through the employment agency the employees are screened for me. That's their job. You are mistaken.
The employer is the legally responsible party. If you do not understand this, you are a fool. Ooops....

You are talking about two different topics. And you are wrong. It is always the employer's responsibility.

No, it isn't. It is the responsibility of the employment agency to screen employees. The housekeeper lied to them and they did not check her out. When I hire someone to do work for me and I go through the employment agency the employees are screened for me. That's their job. You are mistaken.

BS, it's the employers, regardless of whether the agency showed due diligence. Who filed the 1099? Who kept that half-assed I9 form on file? The agency? Nope.

You're argument is dodge played by many employers. Use an agency or contract labor, and dodge the ultimate responsibility.
It wouldn't have been a 1099...employee's do not get 1099s, but independent contractors do. Household help is considered employee.

Enjoy your moment of schadenfruede Dick, because Meg Whitman will still win the election. People in California need JOBS. They need a leader that knows business.
They have a choice between a burned out loser that ran the state into the ground and has NO PLAN- Moonbeam Brown the Clown.
images

or a real business leader who knows how to create jobs - Meg Whitman

images

You are going to look awfully silly when she wins, in spite of this smear job.

Whitman is creating hundreds of jobs by pissing away $159 million (some estimates are she'll spend $200m) of her money down a rat hole. I wonder if she'll check the documentation of those who sweep up all those teary tissues that will be on the floor, late election night.

After Jerry Moonbeam Clown Brown loses, his SEIU Union thugs will have to clean up his mess......:lol:

BS, it's the employers, regardless of whether the agency showed due diligence. Who filed the 1099? Who kept that half-assed I9 form on file? The agency? Nope.

You're argument is dodge played by many employers. Use an agency or contract labor, and dodge the ultimate responsibility.
It wouldn't have been a 1099...employee's do not get 1099s, but independent contractors do. Household help is considered employee.

Employees get 1099 forms so they can fill out their taxes. Employers give them.

Btw....New laws in the finance bill requires a 1099 for any work done in excess of $600. That means if you pay someone to cut your lawn you need to provide a 1099.

Like I stated earlier...I met his father. He's a rotten sneak who ruined my friends chance at starting a savings and loan in San Diego. With some people, like Brown's father, when they make you an offer you'd better take it or you'll end up paying for it. From what I can tell the apple didn't fall very far from the tree in Jerry's case.

Bull shit.

Ignorance I guess. A Maid can be paid as either an employee or an Independent contractor.

Um wrong, Employees do not fill out a 1099, That is exclusively for independent contractors.

Bull shit.

Sorry....but it happened.

Not everything is on the internet dipshit.

Employees receive W-2s; contractors receive 1099s.

Btw....New laws in the finance bill requires a 1099 for any work done in excess of $600. That means if you pay someone to cut your lawn you need to provide a 1099.
No, employees are not 1099ed. Independent contractors are...and they are responsible for paying their own taxes. Employees have SS, Medicare, and Withholding tax deducted.

If she had been an independent contractor there actually would have been no problem...no i9 needed, at least. But her job required her to be an employee.

Forum List

Back