🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Meg Whitman: Hypocrisy and Karma

It wouldn't have been a 1099...employee's do not get 1099s, but independent contractors do. Household help is considered employee.

Employees get 1099 forms so they can fill out their taxes. Employers give them.

Um wrong, Employees do not fill out a 1099, That is exclusively for independent contractors.

Um....I didn't say that. And everyone who pays for services in excess of $600 automatically becomes an independent contractor starting 2010 tax year.

BS, it's the employers, regardless of whether the agency showed due diligence. Who filed the 1099? Who kept that half-assed I9 form on file? The agency? Nope.

You're argument is dodge played by many employers. Use an agency or contract labor, and dodge the ultimate responsibility.
It wouldn't have been a 1099...employee's do not get 1099s, but independent contractors do. Household help is considered employee.

Ignorance I guess. A Maid can be paid as either an employee or an Independent contractor.
Not in this case...she would have been an employee according to IRS rules. SS is not deducted from the pay to independent contractors.

Btw....New laws in the finance bill requires a 1099 for any work done in excess of $600. That means if you pay someone to cut your lawn you need to provide a 1099.
No, employees are not 1099ed. Independent contractors are...and they are responsible for paying their own taxes. Employees have SS, Medicare, and Withholding tax deducted.

If she had been an independent contractor there actually would have been no problem...no i9 needed, at least. But her job required her to be an employee.

No...that changed this year. We are required to give anyone who works for us a 1099 by the previous stated requirements.

Btw....New laws in the finance bill requires a 1099 for any work done in excess of $600. That means if you pay someone to cut your lawn you need to provide a 1099.
No, employees are not 1099ed. Independent contractors are...and they are responsible for paying their own taxes. Employees have SS, Medicare, and Withholding tax deducted.

If she had been an independent contractor there actually would have been no problem...no i9 needed, at least. But her job required her to be an employee.

No...that changed this year. We are required to give anyone who works for us a 1099 by the previous stated requirements.
:lol: No, you are still incorrect. It may be that you are required to 1099 anyone you pay over $600 in the next year...but that doesn't include employees.

If you go and buy a computer for $700 supposedly the store you bought it from will have to 1099 you. A rather stupid new rule that is aimed at stopping fraud...but it doesn't apply to employees.

But her job required her to be an employee.

Where do you get this from?

A maid can be either.

I believe in this case she was an Employee, but there are many people who clean for others, who do it as Independent contractors.

After Jerry Moonbeam Clown Brown loses, his SEIU Union thugs will have to clean up his mess......:lol:

I bet you don't remember why Jerry was called moonbeam. Because he cut the budget, and started by telling the legislature to walk to work. He refused to stay in the Governors manshion and shut it down as a wasted expense, and provide his own plymoth to drive and apartment to stay in. It was back to business as usual when the replugs came back into power and started squandering money again like a drunken sailor. They just couldn't do without their state owned limos & manshion & frills. Seems Jerry was the only one serious about cutting expenses in CA.

And Moonbeam isn't losing nothing. He leads Meg in 6 out 7 polls, and is tied in the 7th among CA voters. You best change the FOX dial, so you don't go into total depression when the sky falls.

Latest polls show Boxer leading; Brown and Whitman close - ContraCostaTimes.com

After Jerry Moonbeam Clown Brown loses, his SEIU Union thugs will have to clean up his mess......:lol:

I bet you don't remember why Jerry was called moonbeam. Because he cut the budget, and started by telling the legislature to walk to work. He refused to stay in the Governors manshion and shut it down as a wasted expense, and provide his own plymoth to drive and apartment to stay in. It was back to business as usual when the replugs came back into power and started squandering money again like a drunken sailor. They just couldn't do without their state owned limos & manshion & frills. Seems Jerry was the only one serious about cutting expenses in CA.

And Moonbeam isn't losing nothing. He leads Meg in 6 out 7 polls, and is tied in the 7th among CA voters. You best change the FOX dial, so you don't go into total depression when the sky falls.

He's called that because he's a nut-job.

A maid can be either.

I believe in this case she was an Employee, but there are many people who clean for others, who do it as Independent contractors.
Independent Contractor (Self-Employed) or Employee?

If she was having SS deducted, and since the SSA sent the mismatch letter...she was considered an employee.

Which I said. I was simply pointing out that a Maid can indeed work as an independent contractor, and many do.

Just not in this case.

Did you not suggest that a maid can not be an independent contractor?

If not I apologize :)

Last edited:

No, you are wrong.............:lol:

WoW...you sure told me off.....lol

Well, no sense being upset & hurling puke over it. You call him a nut job for refusing the state care and being serious about it. You will never get those republican nut jobs that claim they will cut the budget to do that, so who is nuts? That damned Davis lived in the governor mansion, and didn't even know a main water supply broke for three months, while all the time he was preaching save water. Now that is nuts. Or Davis saying he is getting tough on crime & had a criminal driving him around the states limo, who preceded to get drunk & drive & get a ticket. Davis still kept him, so how nuts is that? Then Davis pays the dairy farmers to kill off the cows so that milk prices will continue to soar in CA. How nuts is that?

Now why don't you prove your point about Brown instead of chanting the same thing over and over. I am not Buddhist & into humming along...........

Last edited:
Immigration Lawyer: Whitman Failed To Sign Off On Housekeeper's Immigration Form

California GOP gubernatorial candidate Meg Whitman could potentially be held responsible for errors on her former housekeeper's I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification Form, an immigration lawyer who has examined the documents tells TPMMuckraker.

"There are definitely violations on the I-9," Greg Siskind told TPMMuckraker. "It's not unusual where we see an I-9 form like this where there's no signature, no dating, that it's an [human resources] person who is afraid of being on the hook for documents that they suspect are bogus."

There is no signature on page 14 of the documents provided by the Whitman campaign. Suskind says that's a violation of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986.

Even if the placement agency, Town & Country Resources, filled out the form, Whitman and her husband are still legally responsible for the I-9 as employers, said Suskind.

"Looking at this, it is very unusual to see the documents that nothing is signed, there's no dating on it -- so there's no indication that anyone actually looked at the documents," Siskind said. "That's what the whole point is of the certification, that an employer is supposed to say I looked at these documents, they appear to be genuine."

Siskind also said that Whitman and her husband should have been tipped off when her housekeeper, Nicky Diaz, allegedly said told them she couldn't travel outside of the country.

"That's just common sense," Suskind said.

...​

Well, no sense being upset & hurling puke over it. You call him a nut job for refusing the state care and being serious about it. You will never get those republican nut jobs that claim they will cut the budget to do that, so who is nuts? That damned Davis lived in the governor mansion, and didn't even know a main water supply broke for three months, while all the time he was preaching save water. Now that is nuts. Or Davis saying he is getting tough on crime & had a criminal driving him around the states limo, who preceded to get drunk & drive & get a ticket. Davis still kept him, so how nuts is that? Then Davis pays the dairy farmers to kill off the cows so that milk prices will continue to soar in CA. How nuts is that?

Now why don't you prove your point about Brown instead of chanting the same thing over and over. I am not Buddhist & into humming along...........

Seems to me you need some new blood in Sacramento.

Maybe you need to go outside the state because there's alot nut-cases in California. That's part of the reason I left.....besides not being able to find a friggen job.

I'm just saying.....

Immigration Lawyer: Whitman Failed To Sign Off On Housekeeper's Immigration Form

California GOP gubernatorial candidate Meg Whitman could potentially be held responsible for errors on her former housekeeper's I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification Form, an immigration lawyer who has examined the documents tells TPMMuckraker.

"There are definitely violations on the I-9," Greg Siskind told TPMMuckraker. "It's not unusual where we see an I-9 form like this where there's no signature, no dating, that it's an [human resources] person who is afraid of being on the hook for documents that they suspect are bogus."

There is no signature on page 14 of the documents provided by the Whitman campaign. Suskind says that's a violation of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986.

Even if the placement agency, Town & Country Resources, filled out the form, Whitman and her husband are still legally responsible for the I-9 as employers, said Suskind.

"Looking at this, it is very unusual to see the documents that nothing is signed, there's no dating on it -- so there's no indication that anyone actually looked at the documents," Siskind said. "That's what the whole point is of the certification, that an employer is supposed to say I looked at these documents, they appear to be genuine."

Siskind also said that Whitman and her husband should have been tipped off when her housekeeper, Nicky Diaz, allegedly said told them she couldn't travel outside of the country.

...​

Wait a minute. They eventually found out she was illegal and fired her. That is beyond dispute. They fired her last year.

This is about a serious...serious clerical error.

...​

Wait a minute. They eventually found out she was illegal and fired her. That is beyond dispute. They fired her last year.

Call me jaded, but I'll go with the analysis of an immigration lawyer over your spin.

...​

Call me jaded, but I'll go with the analysis of an immigration lawyer over your spin.

What spin. It's a clerical error.

I know it's not as bad as Docs in socks which is just being sloppy and shit...but still it's just paperwork. One little siggy they forgot to do.

Oh...and you forgot to mention this:

It wasn't clear if the copy of the documents provided by the campaign was made before either Whitman or her husband signed another copy.

So in legal terms the above is exculpatory in nature.

Last edited:
So, the Lefties are all in a Tizzy because Whitman didn't fire an Undocumented Worker fast enough.

Go figure.

Boedicca is in a tizzy because the Democrats are hunting Whitman to the ground because she did not act with the caliber and integrity of one who would be a governor.

Forum List

Back