Melania trump, pro-choicer.

As we have explained, procuring an abortion is not a fundamental constitutional right because such a right has no basis in the Constitution’s text or in our Nation’s history.

First, I pointed out that is what they said. Not sure why you felt a need to bold it. Yes, they ruled that abortion was not a Constitutional right.

I then posted where it was ruled that didn't preclude the federal government from passing actual laws.

President Joe Biden promised during his State of the Union address on March 7, 2024, that he would make the right to get an abortion a federal law.

“If you, the American people, send me a Congress that supports the right to choose, I promise you I will restore Roe v. Wade as the law of the land again,” Biden said.

If Biden meant simply that he would sign a bill enshrining the right to an abortion, then he can keep his promise.

Biden cannot easily make Roe v. Wade federal law, but he could still make it easier to get an abortion

Melania Trump made an extraordinary declaration in an eagerly awaited memoir to be published a month from election day: she is a passionate supporter of a woman’s right to control her own body – including the right to abortion.

“It is imperative to guarantee that women have autonomy in deciding their preference of having children, based on their own convictions, free from any intervention or pressure from the government,” the Republican nominee’s wife writes, amid a campaign in which Donald Trump’s threats to women’s reproductive rights have played a central role.

“Why should anyone other than the woman herself have the power to determine what she does with her own body? A woman’s fundamental right of individual liberty, to her own life, grants her the authority to terminate her pregnancy if she wishes.

“Restricting a woman’s right to choose whether to terminate an unwanted pregnancy is the same as denying her control over her own body. I have carried this belief with me throughout my entire adult life.”

You suppose trump knew that was in there? And ya gotta wonder what the campaign is thinking about this as well.

But good on here for finally showing us she has at least one independent thought.

Unless it was just overlooked while she plagiarized other authors for her book.

If I understand you correctly, you're saying that it is now OK to vote for Trump because his wife will influence his decisions and that there will be no national abortion ban.

Melania Trump made an extraordinary declaration in an eagerly awaited memoir to be published a month from election day: she is a passionate supporter of a woman’s right to control her own body – including the right to abortion.

“It is imperative to guarantee that women have autonomy in deciding their preference of having children, based on their own convictions, free from any intervention or pressure from the government,” the Republican nominee’s wife writes, amid a campaign in which Donald Trump’s threats to women’s reproductive rights have played a central role.

“Why should anyone other than the woman herself have the power to determine what she does with her own body? A woman’s fundamental right of individual liberty, to her own life, grants her the authority to terminate her pregnancy if she wishes.

“Restricting a woman’s right to choose whether to terminate an unwanted pregnancy is the same as denying her control over her own body. I have carried this belief with me throughout my entire adult life.”

You suppose trump knew that was in there? And ya gotta wonder what the campaign is thinking about this as well.

But good on here for finally showing us she has at least one independent thought.

Understanding Pro-Choice and Pro-Life Perspectives

The debate surrounding abortion in America is deeply polarized, with two primary positions: pro-choice and pro-life. Each side has distinct beliefs and reasons that shape their stance on this contentious issue.

Pro-Choice Perspective

Pro-choice advocates believe that women should have the right to make decisions about their own bodies, including the choice to terminate a pregnancy. This perspective emphasizes several key points:

- Bodily Autonomy: Pro-choice supporters argue that individuals should have control over their own reproductive health and decisions. They view restrictions on abortion as an infringement on personal freedom and autonomy.

- Health and Safety: Many pro-choice advocates highlight that access to safe and legal abortion is crucial for protecting women's health. They argue that banning abortion does not eliminate the need for it; instead, it can lead to unsafe procedures that endanger women's lives.

- Socioeconomic Factors: Pro-choice supporters often point out that many women seek abortions due to financial instability, lack of support, or personal circumstances that make raising a child challenging. They argue that forcing a woman to carry an unwanted pregnancy to term can perpetuate cycles of poverty and hardship.

Pro-Life Perspective

On the other hand, pro-life advocates believe that life begins at conception and that unborn fetuses have a right to life. Their arguments typically include:

- Moral and Ethical Beliefs: Pro-life supporters often view abortion as morally wrong, equating it to murder. They believe that every fetus has the right to live and that society has a responsibility to protect the most vulnerable.

- Support for Alternatives: Many pro-life advocates emphasize the importance of supporting women through alternatives to abortion, such as adoption or parenting resources. They argue that rather than terminating pregnancies, society should provide more support for women facing unplanned pregnancies.

- Cultural and Religious Values: The pro-life movement is often rooted in religious beliefs that emphasize the sanctity of life. Many pro-life advocates argue that their stance is not only a personal belief but a societal obligation to uphold moral values.

Conclusion

The pro-choice and pro-life movements represent fundamentally different views on reproductive rights and ethics. While pro-choice advocates prioritize women's autonomy and health, pro-life supporters focus on the rights of the unborn and moral considerations surrounding life. This ongoing debate reflects broader societal values and beliefs about gender, health, and ethics in America.

==> Melania is not a presidential candidate. So what she said is out of question.

==> my questions : If you were to be that tiny life inside, would you be happy to be terminated? Would you be happy to be killed by your own mother? Abortion should be the first option, not the last? Human fetuses have no right to life? Morals decline? Does morality mean nothing to you, as if it were just a piece of junk? :)

As we have explained, procuring an abortion is not a fundamental constitutional right because such a right has no basis in the Constitution’s text or in our Nation’s history.

First, I pointed out that is what they said. Not sure why you felt a need to bold it. Yes, they ruled that abortion was not a Constitutional right.

I then posted where it was ruled that didn't preclude the federal government from passing actual laws.

You obviously think congress can do anything they wish with no constitutional authority to do so, the CRS is no judicial authority. As I said before, congress has no more constitutional authority to impose abortion on the nation than the court did. Dobbs was very clear on that, as I posted. If congress tries, it would be stricken by the courts. BTW, the feds don't license doctors or health care facilities, States do.

You obviously think congress can do anything they wish with no constitutional authority to do so, the CRS is no judicial authority. As I said before, congress has no more constitutional authority to impose abortion on the nation than the court did. Dobbs was very clear on that, as I posted. If congress tries, it would be stricken by the courts. BTW, the feds don't license doctors or health care facilities, States do.

Is the late term abortion ban still in place?

Is the late term abortion ban still in place?

What are you talking about, in MN 8 babies survived abortions, 5 were put aside and allowed to die. walz signed a bill where abortion mills no longer have to report such incidents to State health authorities. Late term abortions are happening in many States, 7 have no limits at all.

What are you talking about, in MN 8 babies survived abortions, 5 were put aside and allowed to die. walz signed a bill where abortion mills no longer have to report such incidents to State health authorities. Late term abortions are happening in many States, 7 have no limits at all.

This procedure is banned in the US. Why is it a hot topic in fight over Ohio's abortion amendment?

Is the ban still in place or not?

For Melania to do this a month before the election, she must really care a lot about this issue.

I wonder if she is considering voting against her husband. :laugh:

I didn't know she was running for office and the Dobbs decision took all authority on abortion away from the feds and left it to the States to decide. So your OP is meaningless.

<<<THREAD FAIL>>>

No one believes ‘let the states decide’ lie – overturning Roe was solely about the authoritarian right’s desire for more government, bigger government at the expense of individual liberty.

I'm pro-choice too.

I believe the choice should be made BEFORE conceiving, that way when they don't want a baby, they don't need an abortion and therefore they don't need to demand one off a doctor, so the doctor took has a choice not to perform an abortion.

Muslims hate homos, highspanics oppose abortion, black churches oppose homos, etc.
Homos vote pro-Muslim, black churches vote pro-homo, Muslims vote pro-homo, highspanics vote pro-abortion, etc.
Those with a good moral compass oppose abortions where the couple decided they didn't want a pregnancy, imo.

My life was far better under Trump, as were most. The chaos you speak of was from Demcocrats throwing tantrums. You can’t expect any President to be able to control petulant Democrats.
We know Trump can’t run the country – that’s neither opinion nor speculation, it’s a fact.

It’s a fact because we already witnessed four years of Trump’s incompetence, chaos, and corruption – it’s why Trump was voted out of office, it’s why it’s madness to want Trump back in the WH.

Forum List

Back