Memorial Day weekend: Lower Gas Prices: Where are all the threads praising the Pres?

Only the radical left would do a little dance because gas prices are $3.68.

I thought Republicans were campaigning on $5 a gallon gas .....what happened?

$3.47 today and dropping

3.89 here...went up 6 cents over the last couple of days.

That sucks for you.

Damn near everywhere else prices have been going down.

Daily Fuel Gauge Report--national, state and local average prices for gasoline, diesel and E-85.

......... ...... Regular Mid......... Premium Diesel
Current Avg. $3.653 $3.822 $3.959 $3.954
Yesterday Avg. $3.666 $3.834 $3.973 $3.964
Week Ago Avg. $3.701 $3.865 $4.003 $4.007
Month Ago Avg. $3.830 $3.972 $4.108 $4.104
Year Ago Avg. $3.813 $3.952 $4.080 $4.032

Only the radical left would do a little dance because gas prices are $3.68.

$3.47 today and dropping

Funny how the price is dropping everywhere else in the country except where CON$ live! :eusa_liar:

This Week In Petroleum

Gasoline prices fall for seventh straight week
The U.S. average retail price of regular gasoline decreased 4 cents this week to $3.71 per gallon, 14 cents per gallon lower than last year at this time. This marks the seventh straight week of decline. Prices have decreased in all regions of the Nation three of the last five weeks. The East and Gulf Coast both saw drops of about seven cents, to $3.63 per gallon and $3.49 per gallon, respectively. The Midwest price decreased 1.5 cents to $3.63 per gallon, while the Rocky Mountain price was down about a penny to $3.75 per gallon. Rounding out the regions, the West Coast price was down more than a cent to $4.24 per gallon.

$3.47 today and dropping

Funny how the price is dropping everywhere else in the country except where CON$ live! :eusa_liar:

This Week In Petroleum

The U.S. average retail price of regular gasoline decreased 4 cents this week to $3.71 per gallon, 14 cents per gallon lower than last year at this time. This marks the seventh straight week of decline. Prices have decreased in all regions of the Nation three of the last five weeks. The East and Gulf Coast both saw drops of about seven cents, to $3.63 per gallon and $3.49 per gallon, respectively. The Midwest price decreased 1.5 cents to $3.63 per gallon, while the Rocky Mountain price was down about a penny to $3.75 per gallon. Rounding out the regions, the West Coast price was down more than a cent to $4.24 per gallon.

I just look at the gas prices at the stations around where I live, Ed. I don't take a poll, I just look at the prices. Two days ago it was 3.83, today it was 3.89...I live in an area that is considered to be a tourist area, so maybe that has something to do with it being the Memorial weekend, that I'm sure, your poll didn't take into consideration. But, it's the same for the liberals who live in this area, also. So it's not a lib/con thing, it's a money thing.

PS our high was 3.93....so it has come down 4 cents...something you lib$ can chew on for awhile.

$3.47 today and dropping

This Week In Petroleum

I think Obama does it on purpose. I just flash my Liberal card when I fill up and I get gas for $1.99 a gallon

This Week In Petroleum

I think Obama does it on purpose. I just flash my Liberal card when I fill up and I get gas for $1.99 a gallon

:rofl:

$3.47 today and dropping

This Week In Petroleum

Are you sure you're not Mr. Sheman's sock???

This Week In Petroleum

I just look at the gas prices at the stations around where I live, Ed. I don't take a poll, I just look at the prices. Two days ago it was 3.83, today it was 3.89...I live in an area that is considered to be a tourist area, so maybe that has something to do with it being the Memorial weekend, that I'm sure, your poll didn't take into consideration. But, it's the same for the liberals who live in this area, also. So it's not a lib/con thing, it's a money thing.

PS our high was 3.93....so it has come down 4 cents...something you lib$ can chew on for awhile.
Right...They're down from preposterous to ridiculous, as though that's something to cheer about. :lol:

This Week In Petroleum

Right...They're down from preposterous to ridiculous, as though that's something to cheer about. :lol:

Ed and leftwinger are wetting their pink panties over this news.

This Week In Petroleum

I thought free market competition was supposed to prevent gouging. Wouldn't the only way that Big Oil could gouge the tourists be if ALL the gas stations raised their prices together? Wouldn't that be some kind of monopoly? Wouldn't you think in a free market at least a few gas stations would lower their prices to match their lower costs to undercut their "competition?"

This Week In Petroleum

Every time I flash my conservative card they steal my wallet.

The other day they had an advert for a Progressive bank on TV. You know, the kind where you deposit your money and they spread it around all the other accounts without your knowledge and tell you it's helping the economy when you find out.

This Week In Petroleum

I thought free market competition was supposed to prevent gouging. Wouldn't the only way that Big Oil could gouge the tourists be if ALL the gas stations raised their prices together? Wouldn't that be some kind of monopoly? Wouldn't you think in a free market at least a few gas stations would lower their prices to match their lower costs to undercut their "competition?"
Given who is making the most off of gasoline and who is making the least, it's Big Daddy Big Gubmint doing all the "gouging".

This Week In Petroleum

So you're saying you got nothing :eusa_whistle:
Understood...can't argue facts.

Highest recorded average price for reg unleaded: $4.114 on 7/17/2008

That's why Republicans were celebrating the prospect of $5 a gallon gas this summer. They were all set to hang skyrocketing prices on Obama. Now Bush and the Republicans still hold the distinction of highest gass prices

Unemployment is 8.1% and dropping, gas prices are dropping. It is going to be hard to convince voters that things would improve under Romney

Last edited:
Prices have to do with speculation, the instability caused by GOP fear mongering over Iran... and rising demand from China/India/developing world - and of course OPEC (which has been threatening to dump the dollar as the oil currency). Talk Radio doesn't mention any of this, and this message board has a lot of folks that get their information from Limbaugh and Hannity.

There was a time when prices were actually controlled by Government - but that was phased out in 79, and accelerated under Reagan. Once the free market took over, the result was maximum oil use at the cheapest cost. This was great short term for consumers, but a nightmare if oil supplies are finite and technology/God can't save us.

Carter - who favored controls - and Reagan - who favored market solutions and maximum oil use - did have an interesting debate. Carter wanted a tightly controlled energy sector designed around conservation and alternatives. He knew that if we used less, our gas prices would be lower and we would not be destroyed by the $5 gallon. Carter's fear was that some day the "low hanging fruit" would run out - and we would would be stuck with disappearing Middle East oil (which has a high military cost) or deep water drilling (which has a high extraction cost, with limited supplies) or Hydraulic fracturing (which would triple the cost of oil and turn the countryside and water supplies of places like Pennsylvania into cesspools).

"But Ronald Reagan planted the meme that conservation is unmanly, alternative energy is a looney left fad ...and middle eastern supplies would last forever" [FYI: the oil industry funded the Reagan ascendancy massively. In many ways, the influence of energy special interests on Reagan dug America's grave. They were able to destroy the first electric car movement because the oil industry didn't want less oil demand. The GOP basically tied us to an energy black hole. We should have listened to Carter and built a moonshot around moving slowly away from petrol-chemicals. He had a plan for using rail lines for more shipping and transportation, along with smarter, more energy conscious urbanization - along with alternative sources. All tolled, he would have had America on the path to using 30% less oil in the 30 years, which would have allowed us to lower the cost of oil dramatically. He was destroyed by Rightwing special interests and the Reagan movement]

In short, America swallowed poison in 1980.

Last edited:
Highest recorded average price for reg unleaded: $4.114 on 7/17/2008

That's why Republicans were celebrating the prospect of $5 a gallon gas this summer. They were all set to hang skyrocketing prices on Obama. Now Bush and the Republicans still hold the distinction of highest gass prices

Unemployment is 8.1% and dropping, gas prices are dropping. It is going to be hard to convince voters that thing would improve under Romney

Real unemployment or the bogus number's game "numbers" foisted off on America by Team Obama?

Forum List

Back