🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Memphis City Council unanimously votes to dig up Confederate General, wife

Generals Sherman and Sheridan The War Criminals - Riverside Civil War History Examiner.com

Generals Sherman and Sheridan: The War Criminals

During the War Between the States the Union forces were waging war on women and children on two separate fronts, raping, pillaging and murdering in the South as well as in the West. The most notorious of these thugs reported to General William Tecumseh Sherman, famous for his march to the sea. But long before that he had adopted a policy of “total war” against civilians.

In 1862 Sherman was having difficulty subduing Confederate sharpshooters who were harassing federal gunboats on the Mississippi River near Memphis. He then implemented the theory of “collective responsibility” to “justify” attacking innocent civilians in retaliation for such attacks. He had the entire town of Randolph, Tennessee burned to the ground. He also took civilian hostages and either traded them for federal prisoners of war or executed them.

More at above link.

Yep. You're exactly right.

Southern snipers wrecked havoc on the British in the Revolutionary War. Legendary stuff. Years of hunting and comfort with weapons and a familiarity with the land.

Sherman and the Union were facing the same sniper hell. So....unlike most of the British military. ..they decided to unleash hell on civilians to punish the innocent and cause those snipers to want to return home and get their kids out.

War crimes.
Unfortunately those kids were massacred…..

Yep. And had the Union not used "Total War"...the Southern snipers may have broken them the same way they did the British. Francis Marion of South Carolina is the founder of "guerilla warfare" and had the Union tried to fight a moral war...they may have lost. As we've seen in Vietnam and Middle East...anything short of total destruction can lead to guerilla warfare and an occupation. And the home team usually ends up winning...or surviving until the occupiers will is broken and they leave.

When its combined with Northern transplants moving here..
It is a big problem as I see it. It is the Second Carpetbagger invasion. Industry (what's left of US industry) is moving done here bringing them, then the retirees, who cannot afford the high cost of living caused by high taxes and very extensive giveaway programs, are moving down here in droves thus changing the traditions and way of life; practically eradicating Southern gentlemanly chivalrous behavior.

had the Union not used "Total War"
That's what pisses me off about these fucking totalitarian, grave digging, censorship loving idiots that they look at the Union Army as gallant, righteous slave freeing champions while ignoring the facts that most Union generals (including Lincoln) and soldiers did not give a fuck about slavery. They were the scum of the earth in many instances. They committed atrocities against women and children.

Are you projecting your practice on me such as making shit up? Just enter "Sherman's atrocities and war crimes into your search engine" in any combination of the words. You need to work a little but it will be worthwhile to educate yourself. On the other hand I do not make shit up to prove a point. That would be lying and I owe that much to myself not sink to your level of lying. It is called integrity and honesty (alien concept to you, I know, but you should try it, that way you never have to remember what you lied about) capisci?

So essentially, you don't have a link to your bullshit. Probably because if you did, it would be to some Neo-Confederate bullshit site that tries to pretend the Civil War was about Tariffs of some shit. Ones that use bullshit terms like "War between the States" instead of "Civil War".

There was a reason for not to post a link.

Yes, there was. Because any link you'd provide were to Racist websites trying to rewrite history.

Sorry, dude. Sherman did what every other general does. He diminished the ability of the enemy to make war.

Forrest, on the other hand, killed black troops out of revenge and started a hate group. THAT'S why they are digging him up and dumping him somewhere else.

Holy shit. Now this is getting ridiculous.

Im 100% in support of taking the flag down.

But digging up bodies? Thats some shit they'd do in the Middle East.

Where will they be relocated? Does that town then become racist for harboring dead rebels?

I told you.

Give in on the flag and they will be back tomorrow with another demand.

YOu cannot appease a mob.

Generals Sherman and Sheridan: The War Criminals

During the War Between the States the Union forces were waging war on women and children on two separate fronts, raping, pillaging

Okay, whenever you here some slackjaw use the term "War Between The States" like the Southern States were doing something other than committing TREASON, you really can safely dismiss anything else they have to say.

No, seriously.

Enough of White People acting like we're the victims. We're not.

Southern snipers wrecked havoc on the British in the Revolutionary War. Legendary stuff. Years of hunting and comfort with weapons and a familiarity with the land.

Sherman and the Union were facing the same sniper hell. So....unlike most of the British military. ..they decided to unleash hell on civilians to punish the innocent and cause those snipers to want to return home and get their kids out.

War crimes.

No, legitimate military strategy. We did the same thing in WWII, we did the same thing in Iraq, we did the same thing in Vietnam.

Fact is, civilian casualties in the Civil War were minor compared to later wars.

Yep. And had the Union not used "Total War"...the Southern snipers may have broken them the same way they did the British. Francis Marion of South Carolina is the founder of "guerilla warfare" and had the Union tried to fight a moral war...they may have lost. As we've seen in Vietnam and Middle East...anything short of total destruction can lead to guerilla warfare and an occupation. And the home team usually ends up winning...or surviving until the occupiers will is broken and they leave.

No, the South would have lost no matter what. they didn't have the resources to maintain a war and slavery made it an international pariah.

I hope they are cursed forever for desecrating a grave. Not that they aren't now with some idiotic City Council. my gawd where are the citizens in that city

I think LIMITS are going to be needed on what powers a city Council has in running things on a city. this is Ridiculous.

It is actually known as the War of Northern Aggression. But I know Joe can't cope with 3-syllable words.

Oh, no, I forgot about that Euphemism.

We should officially rename it, "The War so a Few Rich White People Could Own Black People, that My Great-Grandpappy was an idiot for fighting"

The Cleansing of our history is LONG overdue.

You don't "cleanse" history. That is what they did when telling the stories of the Pilgrims and Christopher Columbus in school! All of these years I've been lied to in school about these kinds of events. Perhaps you like not knowing the facts, but I prefer to know the facts. You learn from history. You don't "cleanse" it.

wow, Cleanse History huh?

where have you heard that before and seen that done folks? you all better wake up

Obama promised Transformation. that is commie speak: for cleansing our history and country

This is definitely going to far. It is morbid, and completely unnecessary. I don't know what kind of a man this person was, but to desecrate his grave is very wrong, IMO.
His grave is not being desecrated. Remains are exhumed exhumed everyday in this country. As long as it is done respectfully and with dignity it is not anything close to being desecration. The remains were exhumed after 25 years of being buried in a Cemetery and moved to the current setting in a city park. Was that desecration?

ran across this on another site:
snip;

AN ACT to amend Tennessee Code Annotated, Title 4; Title 5; Title 6; Title 7 and Title

12, relative to historic preservation.

(a)

(1) No statue, monument, memorial, nameplate, or plaque which has

been erected for, or named or dedicated in honor of, the French and Indian War,

American Revolution, War of 1812, U.S.-Mexican War, the War Between the

States, Spanish American War, the Mexican border period, Wortd War I, World

War II, the Korean conflict, the Vietnam War, Operation Urgent Fury (Grenada),

Operation El Dorado Canyon (Libya), Operation Just Cause (Panama),

Operation Desert Shield/Desert Storm (Persian Gulf War 1), Operation Enduring

Freedom (Afghanistan), and Operation Iraqi Freedom (Persian Gulf War II), and

is located on public property, may be

all of it here:
http://www.tn.gov/sos/acts/108/pub/pc0075.pdf

This is definitely going to far. It is morbid, and completely unnecessary. I don't know what kind of a man this person was, but to desecrate his grave is very wrong, IMO.
His grave is not being desecrated. Remains are exhumed exhumed everyday in this country. As long as it is done respectfully and with dignity it is not anything close to being desecration. The remains were exhumed after 25 years of being buried in a Cemetery and moved to the current setting in a city park. Was that desecration?

This is completely unnecessary and rotten. Remains are exhumed usually for the purpose of solving a crime or because the body NEEDS to be moved! This is just to the point of ridiculous.

And did I read this right . . . his wife too? What in the hell did she do wrong? Married the wrong guy? In case you all didn't realize, women didn't have much say in what their husbands did back then.

Forum List

Back