Memphis Police Allow Kidnapping Suspect to Refuse to ID Location of Victim

Status
Not open for further replies.
HA HA. I'm 76 years old little puppy, an army vet, and I could still whup your ass in a New York City minute. How do I know that ? I was born and raised there, and had more street fights by the time I was 9, than you 've ever dreamed about, PUNK!

You couldn't fight your way out of a wet paper bag, you ancient piece of shit.

And you're not the only one born in New York City, grandpa...

This is insane. Video and DNA has assured police they have the right guy who kidnapped a schoolteacher, Eliza Fletcher. The suspect Cleotha Abston, refuses to tell police of the location of Eliza. Whaaaat?

Did it ever occur to these cops that right now (if she's still alive) that Eliza could be tied up somewhere starving to death, attacked by wild animals, or oth life-threatenimg conditions, while this dirtbag goon plays games with them.

If he won't tell them where she is, they should be beating it out of him, and employing whatever it takes to get him to give the location of this dangerously threatened woman. A few toes on the edge of a full throttle woodchipper ought to do the trick, or electric shocks to the genitals. The rescue and safety of Eliza Fletcher should be the priority, not addressing the rights of a kidnapping lowlife.

Have you ever heard of the Bill of Rights?

The idiotic argument fails on every front. First. Torture is the worst way to get information out of someone. It is the least effective. And it rules out any conviction of the offender.

I mean you can tell the family you got the remains. Quickly. But the bad guy is going free because you tortured him. Don’t worry. We will get him next time. Or something.

TV and fiction makes it seem like you get the information in seconds. Minutes at the most. In reality. It takes days. You have to keep going over the information to insure you are getting good intelligence.

In reality. The detainee tells you whatever he can think of to make the torture stop. It is almost always false information. Ask Alan West.

He lost his career. And they never found anyone named was an insurgent.

Empathy with the detainee is far more effective more often.

Breaking the rules means you throw the case out. Lying means you lose the prosecutions.

Cliven Bundy is walking free today. Because the FBI lied.

Misconduct by police not only affects that case. But every case the cop worked on. Every single conviction goes up for review. Every one.

The five cops in Baltimore caught planting drugs resulted in hundreds of criminals going free. Was getting one guy worth letting hundreds go? It’s like betting your house for the chance to win a hundred bucks. If you win, you get a little. If you lose, you’ve lost everything.

You follow the book. You do it right every single time. Because the results of breaking those rules just once is doom.

says the guy advocating allowing the government to determine when it is ok to just torture defendants.
It's all a matter of whom do you cater to. A dirty low-life criminal, or a decent person in dire need of being rescued, ASAP. In a lot of countries they would have cut that guys ears off.
you are the idiot thinking if it were legal the cops would only do it on the cases you support.
Cops should have done whatever it would take to find Eliza - the minute they had Abston in custody. Not doing that may have cost her her life. Easy for you to talk when it's not your life in the balance.

I notice you're not so talkative about Post # 45.

The idiotic argument fails on every front. First. Torture is the worst way to get information out of someone. It is the least effective. And it rules out any conviction of the offender.

I mean you can tell the family you got the remains. Quickly. But the bad guy is going free because you tortured him. Don’t worry. We will get him next time. Or something.

TV and fiction makes it seem like you get the information in seconds. Minutes at the most. In reality. It takes days. You have to keep going over the information to insure you are getting good intelligence.

In reality. The detainee tells you whatever he can think of to make the torture stop. It is almost always false information. Ask Alan West.

He lost his career. And they never found anyone named was an insurgent.

Empathy with the detainee is far more effective more often.

Breaking the rules means you throw the case out. Lying means you lose the prosecutions.

Cliven Bundy is walking free today. Because the FBI lied.

Misconduct by police not only affects that case. But every case the cop worked on. Every single conviction goes up for review. Every one.

The five cops in Baltimore caught planting drugs resulted in hundreds of criminals going free. Was getting one guy worth letting hundreds go? It’s like betting your house for the chance to win a hundred bucks. If you win, you get a little. If you lose, you’ve lost everything.

You follow the book. You do it right every single time. Because the results of breaking those rules just once is doom.
All this was already addressed in previous posts. You would be well set to have read the thread before posting. - especially Post # 45.

You couldn't fight your way out of a wet paper bag, you ancient piece of shit.

And you're not the only one born in New York City, grandpa...
:puhleeze: You talk about things you know nothing about, and do a great job of making a fool out of yourself. It will get better when you grow up, puppy.

No you didn't, you DODGED it, coward. (with the lamest deflection anyone has ever posted in USMB) .

Now go wash your mouth out with soap, and come back and report to me.

Eat a nice, big steaming bag of my shit, dickhead.

I answered your question. You just couldn't find fault with it, so no you want to whine. Hey, I get it, it's your go-to tactic...

:puhleeze: You talk about things you know nothing about, and do a great job of making a fool out of yourself. It will get better when you grow up, puppy.

I know enough to laugh at an internet tough guy like you.

You try to act like a badass here because you know, in real life, someone would beat the shit out of you with your own walker...

Maybe someone will point at you and accuse you of a crime.....time to torture you to get a "con-fession", eh?
Yes. if they were sure that I did it with a video + DNA evidence, and if someone's LIFE was hanging in the balance,

Maybe someone will kidnap "you" and have you handcuffed somewhere. You could starve to death without food and water. If outside, you could succumb to the elements.
All while the suspect is not being tortured or forced somehow to reveal your location, "eh" ?

I know enough to laugh at an internet tough guy like you.

You try to act like a badass here because you know, in real life, someone would beat the shit out of you with your own walker...
That is YOU doing the internet badass.

All this was already addressed in previous posts. You would be well set to have read the thread before posting. - especially Post # 45.

I read post 45. It was idiotic.

It read like the plot of bad TV. It has no relation to real life. But let’s take your idiotic scenario and show you and the posters here who agree with you just how idiotic your ticking time bomb scenario is.

The NYPD has had mobile radiation detection all over the city for years now. But let’s pretend that the terrorist managed to move a hundred ton lead shielded bomb into the city. It would take that much shielding to stop all the radiation leakage.

They fly aircraft over the city, helicopters and airplanes looking for radiation sources. They’re more worried about a Dirty Bomb, but it would detect a man portable nuke.

Next, the idea that a Jihadist would just plant the bomb, and set the timer, and walk away. Bullshit. These idiots blow themselves up for the chance to kill a couple Jews in Israel, there is no way they make it a timer. Oh they may tell the idiot carrying the bomb there is a timer, but as soon as he turns it on, it’s going to blow the hell up right then and there. There ain’t gonna be a timer. Not on a nuke.

Then we get past that idiotic assumption on your part to the idea you can beat the information out of a Religious Zealot in time. Bullshit. He will tell you a location, and your bomb disposal guys rush there, and find nothing. Hours wasted while he recovers. Then you go back and beat it out of him some more. He gives you another location, and again the search and again nothing. He’s stalling. And he will tell you anything he can think of to stall you more.

Empathy works much better. It is fourteen times more effective than hostility or even torture for getting information. Confessions came four times as often.

Torture is well known to provide no information worth anything. It is useful only for the Torturer to get his Jollies off. Hell Napoleon wrote that Torture was useless.

But you know better. So let’s put it this way. You have kidnapped the man who murdered your child. You have him in a hole being tortured until he dies. You’re captured by the police. Are you going to break in ten seconds when they start smacking you around? Are you going to let the bastard get away who murdered your child? Or are you going to take whatever they throw at you to accomplish your mission? According to you, you are such a coward that you would break in less time than it takes to soft boil an egg.

So trusting you with any secret would be akin to publishing it in the International Herald right? I mean, if you stub your toe you’re going to be talking up a storm of information right?

As I said. Your entire premise is idiotic. It is historically disproven, and yet you cling to it because you want to see the bastard beaten and tortured. Not to get information, you have to know that it wouldn’t result in any information. But because you want to see him suffer.

Your sadism doesn’t work. It just doesn’t work, and it would never work in time. TV and Hollywood may say otherwise, but reality tells us a different story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back