Men in women's bathrooms

I working off your hypothetical to make a point, stop playing word games... The situation is not realistic so nobody can attest as to how it would be handled. My point is if there was mental harm being caused and both psychological treatments and therapy unsuccessfully applied and there was evidence that amputating the arm would relieve the mental anxieties and issues that were being caused, then why would you not? Since we are playing the hypothetical game... If psychosurgical developments found a cure for Alzhemiers or bi-polor disorder by being able to remove the section of the brain thats causing the issue are you opposed to that as well?

It's not a "hypothetical" game as these transgenders are actually having procedures done to "alleviate" mental issues.

No! You do not amputate a healthy body part because of mental illness. You are put into mandatory therapy in a locked down psychiatric unit for being seriously disturbed, so that you can't harm yourself or anyone else.
Are you seriously suggesting that we lock up transgenders into mental facilities?

If they are suicidal or wanting to self mutilate? Yes. That's what we do with people who suffer from mental diseases, even depression. Were you unaware of that?

I posted the information about locking people up in psychiatric facilities just a page or two ago. I would suggest you read it and educate yourself.
You know the reason why people don't accept the term mental illness or mental disease for the condition?? Its because illnesses and diseases are meant to be treated and either cured or controlled through drugs or therapy. Sympathizers do not see this as something that can be cured. Do you? If so, how? In what way are you going to treat all the trannies you lock up in your mental facilities.

:D Also . . .

Let's delve a little further into this "transgender" issue. Say little boy A grows up with a mommy whose husband cheats on her, maybe beats her, maybe he's just an all around asshole. Little boy A constantly hears mommy referring to daddy as "asshole," "loser," or whatnot. Perhaps mommy refers to ALL men as "assholes." Little boy A doesn't want to grow up being an "asshole." Does this make any sense? Is anyone out there grasping what I'm saying here?

Perhaps little girl A was abused by her stepfather, sexually. Being a "female" she feels as if she extremely vulnerable to abuse in a sexual manner. She hates being a female because of these underlying factors, she is vulnerable and the "weaker" sex. Hmmm? Now, little girl wants to be seen as powerful and strong, like a man.

The issue is NOT gender. The issue is something much, much deeper. Changing and rearranging a person's gender is NOT going to solve these underlying issues. The important thing is to focus on what is the underlying issue and treating it with intensive psychiatric therapy.
Both your scenarios are very realistic cause and effects... We are influenced by our environment and children are much more susceptible to influence that adults. Many situations like these can be helped through therapy, time, and a change of environment. Can you accept that there may be other cases where environment is not the underlying factor?? That there is a natural element involved that is the cause for a person to be gay or have an identity disorder? Perhaps these situations can't be fixed through medication or therapy?

Are you seriously suggesting that we lock up transgenders into mental facilities?

If they are suicidal or wanting to self mutilate? Yes. That's what we do with people who suffer from mental diseases, even depression. Were you unaware of that?

I posted the information about locking people up in psychiatric facilities just a page or two ago. I would suggest you read it and educate yourself.
You know the reason why people don't accept the term mental illness or mental disease for the condition?? Its because illnesses and diseases are meant to be treated and either cured or controlled through drugs or therapy. Sympathizers do not see this as something that can be cured. Do you? If so, how? In what way are you going to treat all the trannies you lock up in your mental facilities.

What do you think happens to those who cannot afford surgery or hormones? They manage with therapy.
How are they managing? At least the ones that don't kill themselves or slip into an overmedicated depression... How are the other ones doing?

The reason why the postoperative and preoperative levels of suicide, depression and drug addiction are the same is because surgery and hormones are not "treating" the underlying issues. Like I said earlier, it's like putting a Band Aid on a carotid artery wound.
That could very well be the case... My heart breaks for anybody that actually makes it to the point where they have surgery... Think of the struggle they have to go through to get to that point. I don't know if the surgery helps or not. I'm not a medical expert and I haven't interviewed transgenders that have gone through it to see what effects it had.

It's not a "hypothetical" game as these transgenders are actually having procedures done to "alleviate" mental issues.

No! You do not amputate a healthy body part because of mental illness. You are put into mandatory therapy in a locked down psychiatric unit for being seriously disturbed, so that you can't harm yourself or anyone else.

Let's delve a little further into this "transgender" issue. Say little boy A grows up with a mommy whose husband cheats on her, maybe beats her, maybe he's just an all around asshole. Little boy A constantly hears mommy referring to daddy as "asshole," "loser," or whatnot. Perhaps mommy refers to ALL men as "assholes." Little boy A doesn't want to grow up being an "asshole." Does this make any sense? Is anyone out there grasping what I'm saying here?

Perhaps little girl A was abused by her stepfather, sexually. Being a "female" she feels as if she extremely vulnerable to abuse in a sexual manner. She hates being a female because of these underlying factors, she is vulnerable and the "weaker" sex. Hmmm? Now, little girl wants to be seen as powerful and strong, like a man.

The issue is NOT gender. The issue is something much, much deeper. Changing and rearranging a person's gender is NOT going to solve these underlying issues. The important thing is to focus on what is the underlying issue and treating it with intensive psychiatric therapy.
Both your scenarios are very realistic cause and effects... We are influenced by our environment and children are much more susceptible to influence that adults. Many situations like these can be helped through therapy, time, and a change of environment. Can you accept that there may be other cases where environment is not the underlying factor?? That there is a natural element involved that is the cause for a person to be gay or have an identity disorder? Perhaps these situations can't be fixed through medication or therapy?

No. I cannot accept that. I can't see any other valid reason why a person would focus so much on their genitals and gender in order to find happiness in life, especially when at the same time, liberals try to tell us that gender is "fluid" and gender isn't matter, and that we are all equal and the "same."

(Bearing in mind I'm responding to a poster who believes it's ethical for a doctor to amputate a healthy arm or leg to "cure" a mental issue...)

Yes, it's quite easy to treat "transgenders". You sit them down, go through extensive therapy that guides them to discover why they don't like their actual gender, or why they don't want to be that. Then you guide them slowly back to reality and embracing the wide variety of self-expression available to them for the gender they actually are. ie: you teach them that their gender that can never change doesn't have to fit into such a limited expression. Then, they become happier with what they actually are.

Amputation not necessary...

Just an observation:

It occurs to me, the ones that fight the hardest to allow trans in the restrooms of their choice are gay.

These folks live their lives using the restroom/lockers/showers of the sex they are attracted to. Even after, the trans is changing to the sex they find attractive.

Hmmmm, it would appear they would have quite a different perspective, doesn't it?

No. I cannot accept that. I can't see any other valid reason why a person would focus so much on their genitals and gender in order to find happiness in life, especially when at the same time, liberals try to tell us that gender is "fluid" and gender isn't matter, and that we are all equal and the "same."
Forget about the stupid partisan stereotypes... Do you feel the same way about homosexuals? Its all environmental and there is no natural element... It's something that can be "fixed" with proper therapy?

(Bearing in mind I'm responding to a poster who believes it's ethical for a doctor to amputate a healthy arm or leg to "cure" a mental issue...)

Yes, it's quite easy to treat "transgenders". You sit them down, go through extensive therapy that guides them to discover why they don't like their actual gender, or why they don't want to be that. Then you guide them slowly back to reality and embracing the wide variety of self-expression available to them for the gender they actually are. ie: you teach them that their gender that can never change doesn't have to fit into such a limited expression. Then, they become happier with what they actually are.

I hate to say it but I agree with your approach and think that techniques like you just laid out should be part of the process before any medicine is administered. I think it may be successful in some cases where the dysphoria is caused by environmental issues however, I also believe there are other cases that are a deeper seeded in the persons psyche. In these cases you will probably not be successful with your technique... Then what?

p.s even though I agree with the the last part or your statement I still think your a douche for the first part... for the record.

Just an observation:

It occurs to me, the ones that fight the hardest to allow trans in the restrooms of their choice are gay.

These folks live their lives using the restroom/lockers/showers of the sex they are attracted to. Even after, the trans is changing to the sex they find attractive.

Hmmmm, it would appear they would have quite a different perspective, doesn't it?
Im not gay nor am I a Transexual... Im just somebody that sympathizes for people who struggle and are in need. I like to help if I can.

Forget about the stupid partisan stereotypes... Do you feel the same way about homosexuals? Its all environmental and there is no natural element... It's something that can be "fixed" with proper therapy?

Homosexuals do not think they are the opposite sex.

Just an observation:

Im not gay nor am I a Transexual... Im just somebody that sympathizes for people who struggle and are in need. I like to help if I can.

What about cancer patients or lonely old folks?

I hate to say it but I agree with your approach and think that techniques like you just laid out should be part of the process before any medicine is administered. I think it may be successful in some cases where the dysphoria is caused by environmental issues however, I also believe there are other cases that are a deeper seeded in the persons psyche. In these cases you will probably not be successful with your technique... Then what?

That's like saying if a mechanic isn't good enough at his job to torque your head bolts properly, he should be able to use chewing gum to seal them down instead.

The failure of a very straightforward approach is still a failure. You don't fix failures with worse failure, making people think what you did will work when we know it won't. If the patient is so intractable as to still insist they are something objective reality says they're not, then they belong back on the couch or institutionalized. Society cannot enable insanity because it refuses to budge. Rigid insanity is unfortunate but you don't cut up that patient on the operating table, leaving them incontinent or worse.

You commit them to a supervised living situation. That level of rejection of reality leaves them in danger in day to day life. And you definitely don't endanger women and girls by forcing them as a matter of law to let such a seriously delusional man enter their bathrooms or showers, so that the mentally ill man doesn't have to feel bad.

They are trying to "normalize" transgenderism because they don't like the stigmata associated with mental illness. There are certainly different degrees of mental illness. Some mentally ill people can function pretty well in society and be completely functional. I don't suggest we lock them all away. I don't think feeding their delusions and slicing up their healthy and normally functioning bodies is a good idea either though!

Homosexuals fought for years and years through accusations that they were perverts, sinners, mentally ill and their lifestyle was a disease... There are many similarities between the fight they have gone through and what is starting with the Trans movement. If you ask many people that are gay or Trans they would say that they wish they felt differently and could be "normal" either situation is something that I wouldn't wish on anybody... but it is a reality and it makes me sick how many American demonize these groups and try to make them feel like less than human, instead of supporting education, treatment and support.

Just an observation:

What about cancer patients or lonely old folks?
Of course I care about old people and cancer patients... why would you imply otherwise and whats your point?

They are trying to "normalize" transgenderism because they don't like the stigmata associated with mental illness. There are certainly different degrees of mental illness. Some mentally ill people can function pretty well in society and be completely functional. I don't suggest we lock them all away. I don't think feeding their delusions and slicing up their healthy and normally functioning bodies is a good idea either though!
I didn't say "all". I said the ones who are so intractable that the best therapy leaves them still unable to cope with reality. I'm of the opinion that 99% of "transgenders" could be led back to love the sex they are with the proper therapeutic approach. It's just that now, licensed mental health specialists are under extraordinary pressures to not do that and instead rubber-stamp a mental patient for (lucrative) unnecessary physical surgery.

In the end if I were emperor, I'd investigate the $$ side of this on the MD/surgeon's behalf. I'd do a sting operation and I know I would find that patients who belong on the couch, instead are only given a minimal cursory screening "of therapy" before they get the rubber stamp for going on the gurney.. Upon finding that (which I have the utmost confidence that I would), I would put those MDs behind bars for so long that they would start to doubt what sex they are and what planet they were on..

That's like saying if a mechanic isn't good enough at his job to torque your head bolts properly, he should be able to use chewing gum to seal them down instead.

The failure of a very straightforward approach is still a failure. You don't fix failures with worse failure, making people think what you did will work when we know it won't. If the patient is so intractable as to still insist they are something objective reality says they're not, then they belong back on the couch or institutionalized. Society cannot enable insanity because it refuses to budge. Rigid insanity is unfortunate but you don't cut up that patient on the operating table, leaving them incontinent or worse.

You commit them to a supervised living situation. That level of rejection of reality leaves them in danger in day to day life. And you definitely don't endanger women and girls by forcing them as a matter of law to let such a seriously delusional man enter their bathrooms or showers, so that the mentally ill man doesn't have to feel bad.
You're on crack if you think we are going to start locking up transexuals. Whats wrong with you people?

What qualifies you to think that your proposed treatment is the end all be all solution? That it should "fix" them and if it doesn't then they are insane and should be locked up? Do you hear yourself?

Homosexuals fought for years and years through accusations that they were perverts, sinners, mentally ill and their lifestyle was a disease... There are many similarities between the fight they have gone through and what is starting with the Trans movement. If you ask many people that are gay or Trans they would say that they wish they felt differently and could be "normal" either situation is something that I wouldn't wish on anybody... but it is a reality and it makes me sick how many American demonize these groups and try to make them feel like less than human, instead of supporting education, treatment and support.

It's not the same at all. Being a homosexual is admission that you enjoy the same sex, you are attracted to your same sex. They are not claiming to be something that they are not. BTW, I am PRO gay marriage and equal rights for gays. I am NOT, however, buying into this transgender agenda. It is absolute insanity.

I didn't say "all". I said the ones who are so intractable that the best therapy leaves them still unable to cope with reality. I'm of the opinion that 99% of "transgenders" could be led back to love the sex they are with the proper therapeutic approach.

You're a former horse breeder living in a town with 1000 people in the middle of no where. Why would your opinion about transgender people have the slightest factual relevance to well, anyone?

Even you? You can't even claim 'dad taught me', as he was a geologist. You literally have no relevant experience, no basis of knowledge, you don't even know what a transgender woman is.

Why would we give a shit about your opinion?

I didn't say "all". I said the ones who are so intractable that the best therapy leaves them still unable to cope with reality. I'm of the opinion that 99% of "transgenders" could be led back to love the sex they are with the proper therapeutic approach. It's just that now, licensed mental health specialists are under extraordinary pressures to not do that and instead rubber-stamp a mental patient for (lucrative) unnecessary physical surgery.

In the end if I were emperor, I'd investigate the $$ side of this on the MD/surgeon's behalf. I'd do a sting operation and I know I would find that patients who belong on the couch, instead are only given a minimal cursory screening "of therapy" before they get the rubber stamp for going on the gurney.. Upon finding that (which I have the utmost confidence that I would), I would put those MDs behind bars for so long that they would start to doubt what sex they are and what planet they were on..

Well sure, if they are a danger to themselves or others, they should be locked up like we do with everyone else who makes such threats.

You're on crack if you think we are going to start locking up transexuals. Whats wrong with you people?

What qualifies you to think that your proposed treatment is the end all be all solution? That it should "fix" them and if it doesn't then they are insane and should be locked up? Do you hear yourself?

Read my last post. I said the most intractable. 99% of "transgenders" could be led to lead normal lives embracing the sex they actually are. Read before you speak.

People who can't process reality on its terms after extensive therapy should be institutionalized. They are a danger to themselves and others.

Forum List

Back