Mentally Challenged Man Unintentionally Shoots and Kills Sister with a Golden Gun

Failing that, we should treat gun ownership the way Germany does. You can have a gun, but ONLY after you have been registered, trained, background checked and monitored.

We do all that with cars today, and people still do dumb things that get people killed.

Folks knew that if you have kids or, in this case, an equivalent situation...you should unload and secure the weapon.

And folks are educated and trained to not to drink and drive, or text and drive, or drive recklessly...but they still do it.

So, once again, how would that have prevented this accidental death?

Ban all private gun ownership. Done.

Frankly, if you guys can't agree to even the simplest common sense rules, everyone out of the pool.

Sorry Joe, but it's a Constitutionally protected individual right.

A right that "shall not be infringed".

You can shake your fist at the heavens, stomp your feet and hold your breath until you're blue in the face, but that won't change the situation one iota.

The guns aren't the problem.

In rural America, there are four times more legally owned guns...yet gun crime is rare.

Conversely:
A word on cities being a HUGE underlying factor in firearm violence and firearm homicides.

From the Journal of the American Board of Family Medicine
In general, homicide gun deaths in the United States are more of an urban than a rural problem. "Half of all homicides occurred in 63 cities with 16% of the nation's population; within those cities, homicides were largely clustered in certain neighborhoods."[7]

For example, in Milwaukee, two inner-city zip codes, 53204 and 53215, have homicide rates of 89.1 per 100,000 and 38.8 per 100,000, respectively, compared with a homicide rate of 10.5 per 100,000 for the state in general.[16]
http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/405837

We do all that with cars today, and people still do dumb things that get people killed.

Folks knew that if you have kids or, in this case, an equivalent situation...you should unload and secure the weapon.

And folks are educated and trained to not to drink and drive, or text and drive, or drive recklessly...but they still do it.

So, once again, how would that have prevented this accidental death?

Ban all private gun ownership. Done.

Frankly, if you guys can't agree to even the simplest common sense rules, everyone out of the pool.

Sorry Joe, but it's a Constitutionally protected individual right.

A right that "shall not be infringed".

You can shake your fist at the heavens, stomp your feet and hold your breath until you're blue in the face, but that won't change the situation one iota.

The guns aren't the problem.

In rural America, there are four times more legally owned guns...yet gun crime is rare.

Conversely:
A word on cities being a HUGE underlying factor in firearm violence and firearm homicides.

From the Journal of the American Board of Family Medicine
In general, homicide gun deaths in the United States are more of an urban than a rural problem. "Half of all homicides occurred in 63 cities with 16% of the nation's population; within those cities, homicides were largely clustered in certain neighborhoods."[7]

For example, in Milwaukee, two inner-city zip codes, 53204 and 53215, have homicide rates of 89.1 per 100,000 and 38.8 per 100,000, respectively, compared with a homicide rate of 10.5 per 100,000 for the state in general.[16]
http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/405837

Exactly.

We do not have a gun problem we have a problem with our cities.

Less then 800 accidental deaths a year due to shootings. How many people are in this Country? 340 million? Do the math.

As for this particular case the shooter should not be charged for anything. His mother and the family friend are the ones that caused it. But depending on State law they may not be able to charge them.

Sometimes an accident is just an accident.

The fact that they painted the gun gold where a child or someone with a child's mind might think it was a toy, borders on negligence.

And, yes, 800 accidental gun deaths are too many.

We have much more deaths by car accidents, poisiong and falls and drowings.
7670454_orig.png

No one seems surprised or perhaps pissed that this retarded guy found a LOADED GUN laying around?

Why was it loaded?

Did this family expect an invasion or something.

Let me tell yas...the owner of that gun is ALSO retarded.

I can agree with that. No way should any gun be left loaded where someone who is retarded or any children can get to it...

Remember, there is no such thing as an unloaded weapon...

Less then 800 accidental deaths a year due to shootings. How many people are in this Country? 340 million? Do the math.

As for this particular case the shooter should not be charged for anything. His mother and the family friend are the ones that caused it. But depending on State law they may not be able to charge them.

Sometimes an accident is just an accident.

Leaving a loaded gun easily accessable to people that have no business handling a gun is not an accident, it is involuntary manslaughter, and should be prosecuted as such.

To paraphrase a prominent democrat politician "never let a tragedy go to waste" if you can make a political issue out of it.

No one seems surprised or perhaps pissed that this retarded guy found a LOADED GUN laying around?

Why was it loaded?

I can agree with that. No way should any gun be left loaded where someone who is retarded or any children can get to it...

It is the idiocy of gun owners like this one that will eventually create the will among the American Voter to take on the stupidity of the NRA for simply shrugging it's shoulders and stating that such things are the price of the Second Amendment.

We always had guns in my home when I was a child. The first thing I was taught was I was not to even touch one without my father being present. The next thing was that no gun was unloaded, even if the action was open, and the magazine empty. You treated firearms as the dangerous tool that they are.

To paraphrase a prominent democrat politician "never let a tragedy go to waste" if you can make a political issue out of it.

Another 'Conservative' that values stupidity above peoples lives. 11,000 murders by firearm a year in this nation, 1000 'accidental' deaths by gunfire. And another 19,000 suicides. The prevalence and use of guns in this society is a political issue. From the gang bangers armed by the NRA, to the kids killed by people that haven't the faintest idea of how to handle or store a firearm.

Once again the OP succeeds in getting nitwits from the right to take the bait, make stupid, irrational statements, and undermine the rights enshrined in the Second Amendment.

Why was it loaded?

Surprised? Sadly, no.

Angry? Of course.

It’s this sort of careless stupidity that causes the needless death and suffering of family members and families. It would take but seconds unload and trigger-lock the firearm; many gun dealers give away simple but effective trigger-locks for free.

This is just great stuff.......

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNb34vPqrN0#at=257]Debating A Gun Control Fanatic - YouTube[/ame]

Make no mistake.......the gun grabbers are the nuttiest of the nutters.

Marcus Anderson, Alicia Anderson: Mentally challenged man shoots and kills sister with a golden gun.

Several readers have sent me this tragic story from the St. Louis area, about a mentally challenged 20-year-old man named Marcus Anderson who reportedly shot and killed his 15-year-old sister with a loaded shotgun he found behind a dresser. The shotgun, which belonged to a family friend, had been spray-painted gold, and Anderson apparently thought it was a toy. He has been arrested and charged with second-degree involuntary manslaughter. The owner of the gun, as far as I know, has not been charged with anything; nor has Anderson's mother, who, according to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, told police that she was the one who hid the gun behind the dresser.

Does James Bond know that The Man With The Golden Gun is still around?

Why was it loaded?

It is the idiocy of gun owners like this one that will eventually create the will among the American Voter to take on the stupidity of the NRA for simply shrugging it's shoulders and stating that such things are the price of the Second Amendment.

We always had guns in my home when I was a child. The first thing I was taught was I was not to even touch one without my father being present. The next thing was that no gun was unloaded, even if the action was open, and the magazine empty. You treated firearms as the dangerous tool that they are.

I'll ask the same question I asked Joe.

Specifically, what proposed gun control regulations would have prevented this tragic circumstance?

And I wonder how many illegal guns were used in shootings the same day in Chicago?

There are no more illegal guns in Chicago. You can thank the Heller decision for that bullshit.

every gun in the U.S. is illegal in your opinion isn't that correct?

No, they are horrifying legal.

The problem with the gun laws in Chicago is that they aren't enforced. It's kind of like saying that prositution is illegal in Chicago, but you'd have no problem finding a hooker if you really wanted one.

Or drugs.

Besides the fact that Heller effectively erased Chicago's gun laws, the fact is, those gun laws were usually not enforced unless you did some shit like threaten your neighbor with one, and the cops came by and confiscated it.

At a certain point, you got to put away the matches and start cleaning up the gasoline.

There are no more illegal guns in Chicago. You can thank the Heller decision for that bullshit.

every gun in the U.S. is illegal in your opinion isn't that correct?

No, they are horrifying legal.

The problem with the gun laws in Chicago is that they aren't enforced. It's kind of like saying that prositution is illegal in Chicago, but you'd have no problem finding a hooker if you really wanted one.

Or drugs.

Besides the fact that Heller effectively erased Chicago's gun laws, the fact is, those gun laws were usually not enforced unless you did some shit like threaten your neighbor with one, and the cops came by and confiscated it.

At a certain point, you got to put away the matches and start cleaning up the gasoline.

Dude shut the fuck up.

Awww... don't like the idea that some of us are just sick of living on a shooting range because you guys can't police yourself?

You guys abused the privilage. You abused it when the first crazy person went on a mass shooting, and you guys didn't say, "Hey, how do we keep that from happening again."

Awww... don't like the idea that some of us are just sick of living on a shooting range because you guys can't police yourself?

You guys abused the privilage. You abused it when the first crazy person went on a mass shooting, and you guys didn't say, "Hey, how do we keep that from happening again."

Nope it's just your lies offend truth and honesty

Nope it's just your lies offend truth and honesty

No, what offends you is that you can't handle the truth.

the truth is, there's really no valid reason for you to have a gun. You're not going to overthrow the government with it and it's very unlikely you'll ever defend yourself with it.

But there's a very high chance your gun will get into the wrong hands like this one did and cause some serious havok.

Forum List

Back