Merrick Garland held in contempt of Congress

It sure is if it’s designed to extract additional information about suspected criminality.
There is no additional information to be extracted from the audio that can't be taken from the transcript. It's 100% clear why they want the audio and it has nothing to do with oversight.

Why would the audio be embarrassing?

100% valid. Garland is unlawfully and quite hypocritically telling Congress to go fuck themselves.
The audio will not tell them anything they don't know from the transcript. Hur's investigation into the classified documents has absolutely nothing to do with their witch hunt on Ukraine.

The audio will not tell them anything they don't know from the transcript. Hur's investigation into the classified documents has absolutely nothing to do with their witch hunt on Ukraine.
No idea why you are talking about Ukraine. I asked you why you claimed the audio would be embarrassing .

Executive privilege is always a balancing of interests. Congress has no significant interest.
What's to balance? You clearly stated that there is no additional information to be extracted from the audio - i.e., there nothing to claim EP in. Zero.

There is no additional information to be extracted from the audio that can't be taken from the transcript. It's 100% clear why they want the audio and it has nothing to do with oversight.
The DOJ admitted they altered the transcript.

No idea why you are talking about Ukraine. I asked you why you claimed the audio would be embarrassing .
That's the claim from Comer, that they need the audio to work on Biden's impeachment which is about Ukraine.

They can slice and dice the audio recording to use to portray Biden as inept. Obviously.

There is no other purpose to obtain the audio.

What's to balance? You clearly stated that there is no additional information to be extracted from the audio - i.e., there nothing to claim EP in. Zero.
They have to balance that against the potential impact for future executives to refuse to cooperate with investigations.

Biden was under no obligation to speak to Hur. He did so voluntarily.

That's the claim from Comer, that they need the audio to work on Biden's impeachment which is about Ukraine.

Dude Once again, your simply pulling crap out of your ass.

They can slice and dice the audio recording to use to portray Biden as inept. Obviously.
They can do that today with every single speech he makes (without any slicing or dicing). Want to try again, Why do you think the audio of the President would be embarrassing. It's OK to be honest, I won't report you.

There is no other purpose to obtain the audio.
LOL Other than the valid purposes cited in the subpoena, that is.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back