🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Message to Libertarians and others: The founding fathers believed in regulation

Procrustes Stretched

Dante's Manifesto
Dec 1, 2008

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Madison as well as Hamilton believed the nation needed a strong and more powerful central government than had previously existed. Federalist papers?

So why are people who are hostile to regulation like the Federalist Society always claiming to be the heirs of the traditions and ideals of Madison and Hamilton as well as claiming them as their inspiration and role models?

I understand the clueless, ill-educated here and elsewhere on the web making such ridiculous and absurd errors, but... :eusa_whistle:

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Madison as well as Hamilton believed the nation needed a strong and more powerful central government than had previously existed. Federalist papers?

So why are people who are hostile to regulation like the Federalist Society always claiming to be the heirs of the traditions and ideals of Madison and Hamilton as well as claiming them as their inspiration and role models?

I understand the clueless, ill-educated here and elsewhere on the web making such ridiculous and absurd errors, but... :eusa_whistle:

Like it's news here, you are a total dunce. "Well regulated" does not mean larded over with government regulations.
/Fail.

No.

"Is there no virtue among us? If there be not, we are in a wretched situation. No theoretical checks-no form of government can render us secure. To suppose that any form of government will secure liberty or happiness without any virtue in the people, is a chimerical idea, if there be sufficient virtue and intelligence in the community, it will be exercised in the selection of these men. So that we do not depend on their virtue, or put confidence in our rulers, but in the people who are to choose them. "

-James Madison speech at the Virginia Ratifying Convention, June 20, 1788

Like it's news here, you are a total dunce. "Well regulated" does not mean larded over with government regulations.
/Fail.

Dayum..Rabbi. It's like you've never read the whole thing!

Section 8

1: The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

2: To borrow Money on the credit of the United States;

3: To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes;

/Fail.

Section 8

1: The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

3: To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes;

What does that have to do witha well regulated militia? Darn you're stupid, aren't you?

The term well regulated does not necessarily mean government controlled.

It can also mean efficient, in good working order.

http://www.constitution.org/cons/wellregu.htm

Funny. The Founding Fathers believed in limited government, acknowledging that some regulations are required. The extreme left quotes them for their tyrannical ends, and the extreme right quotes them for their selfish ends. Libertarians are in the middle with the founders. I don't expect a hack idiot like Dante to agree but hey, I can't FORCE him to be right.

Funny. The Founding Fathers believed in limited government, acknowledging that some regulations are required. The extreme left quotes them for their tyrannical ends, and the extreme right quotes them for their selfish ends. Libertarians are in the middle with the founders. I don't expect a hack idiot like Dante to agree but hey, I can't FORCE him to be right.

Another sheep (useful idiot) characterizing the defense of liberty as selfishness. . . .

Meaning of the phrase "well-regulated"

Indeed. It did not mean regulated by the federal government at all.

wondering about your comprehending skills?
it says to regulate the militia not 'fire arms' and then it goes on to re-declare that the reason for such is to secure freedom and the 'right to bear arms'...
it doesnt even make clear what 'well regulated' means, you have just assumed it means by gov lol...
are you saying you truly don't understand?

Last edited:
/Fail.

Section 8

What does that have to do witha well regulated militia? Darn you're stupid, aren't you?

Dayum Rabbi..are you even an American?

To make rules for the government and regulation of the land and naval forces;

To provide for calling forth the militia to execute the laws of the union, suppress insurrections and repel invasions;

To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the militia, and for governing such part of them as may be employed in the service of the United States, reserving to the states respectively, the appointment of the officers, and the authority of training the militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;

You know so little about the Constitution, I really am having doubts that you live here.

Are you posting from North Korea or something?

For you and every other conservative.

U.S. Constitution | Constitution | US Law | LII / Legal Information Institute

Do yourselves a favor.

Take an hour or two.

And read it.

Tea+Party+No+Taxation.jpg

For you and every other conservative.

U.S. Constitution | Constitution | US Law | LII / Legal Information Institute

Do yourselves a favor.

Take an hour or two.

And read it.

Show me where well regulated means under government control.

Dayum Rabbi..are you even an American?

To make rules for the government and regulation of the land and naval forces;

To provide for calling forth the militia to execute the laws of the union, suppress insurrections and repel invasions;

To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the militia, and for governing such part of them as may be employed in the service of the United States, reserving to the states respectively, the appointment of the officers, and the authority of training the militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;

You know so little about the Constitution, I really am having doubts that you live here.

Are you posting from North Korea or something?
Attention, Dumbass: that has diddly squat to do with well regulated militia.
Attention, Brainfart: Because the constitution allows federal regulation in some areas does not empower it to regulate in all areas.

I realize you're dumb as shit and have to compensate somehow. But can you at least refrain from talking about stuff you don't know? I realize that would include everything outside of scrubbing floors but if I ever need an expert opinoon I'll ask you.

Generic straw-man nonsense. Nobody is saying that all of the founders believed in completely free markets. You have a spectrum, ranging, perhaps, from Jefferson to Hamilton. Yes, the Constitution was designed to create a bigger government than previously existed, but it was still meant to be limited in what it could do. In cases of commerce, the word "regulate" simply meant to make regular, or to eliminate protectionist policies. In other words, the freest trade possible between the states and foreign nations. Lest some of you forget, one of the perceived failures of the Articles of Confederation was that it did not stop the states from levying tariffs against one another. That was the reason for the inclusion of the commerce clause, not to give the federal government the power to restrict commerce, but the exact opposite.

/Fail.
Regulation is regulation. Free Marketeers would have us go with no regulation.'

Others, no regulation all while claiming Madison and Hamilton as authority

/Fail.

Section 8

Regulation in the US Constitution? :eek:

Forum List

Back