Mexico's President Says There's No Way He'll Pay For A Border Wall

I didn't even include the lives ruined by Mexico running Meth into the U.S. Documented by none other than National Geographic. Thousands of American citizens preyed upon by illegals, enough is enough.
You seem to believe the mexican government is actively encouraging these activities, what makes you believe that?

The wall will be built, the illegals will be deported, and Mexico will pay for it. If illegal collaborators get uppity we'll send them to prison.
I question how the "wall" will work? How tall will it be? Who will build it? How do you plan to force another country to pay for it?

Being a superpower has its privileges. We'll have $40 billion dollars to spend on the wall over the next 10 years just by putting a stop to illegals scamming American taxpayers out of $4 billion a year in fraudulent refunds. That's just the tip of the iceberg in savings. We'll build the wall and Mexico can pay us back over time plus interest.
What makes you think mexico will "pay us back?" You can't force another country to 'pay' for a domestic project.

What the hell? Is this what trump supporters think about mexico?

That they should stop exporting their poverty to us? Yes.

Under U.S. immigration law none of these illegals qualify to immigrate to the U.S. We don't accept poor uneducated losers.
"Poor uneducated losers." Nice to know you view desperate individuals who work harder then most americans as "losers."

Oh cry me a river, where is your compassion for the other 3 billion poor people on the planet? Why do you even own a computer? Sell everything you own and give the money to government to help these desperate people, set an example to follow. Well? No? Yes I thought so.
Pardon me? I live in the united states and give to charity when I can, I support global efforts to reduce poverty and support politicians who will let America take in some of these desperate people from countries such as Venezuela, Guatemala.. Why do I own a computer? I own dollars, and spent them on a nice laptop. What makes you think the government "needs" my dollars? The government doesn't need to tax to spend.

You are not doing nearly enough, these people are desperate and you obviously have more wealth than you need spending lavishly on computers and internet service. Hell instead of wasting your time on a forum you could be working a 2nd job and giving all that money to the poor. Go forth, set an example to follow.

I didn't even include the lives ruined by Mexico running Meth into the U.S. Documented by none other than National Geographic. Thousands of American citizens preyed upon by illegals, enough is enough.
You seem to believe the mexican government is actively encouraging these activities, what makes you believe that?

The wall will be built, the illegals will be deported, and Mexico will pay for it. If illegal collaborators get uppity we'll send them to prison.
I question how the "wall" will work? How tall will it be? Who will build it? How do you plan to force another country to pay for it?

Being a superpower has its privileges. We'll have $40 billion dollars to spend on the wall over the next 10 years just by putting a stop to illegals scamming American taxpayers out of $4 billion a year in fraudulent refunds. That's just the tip of the iceberg in savings. We'll build the wall and Mexico can pay us back over time plus interest.
What makes you think mexico will "pay us back?" You can't force another country to 'pay' for a domestic project.

We can and we will.

That they should stop exporting their poverty to us? Yes.

Under U.S. immigration law none of these illegals qualify to immigrate to the U.S. We don't accept poor uneducated losers.
"Poor uneducated losers." Nice to know you view desperate individuals who work harder then most americans as "losers."

Oh cry me a river, where is your compassion for the other 3 billion poor people on the planet? Why do you even own a computer? Sell everything you own and give the money to government to help these desperate people, set an example to follow. Well? No? Yes I thought so.
Pardon me? I live in the united states and give to charity when I can, I support global efforts to reduce poverty and support politicians who will let America take in some of these desperate people from countries such as Venezuela, Guatemala.. Why do I own a computer? I own dollars, and spent them on a nice laptop. What makes you think the government "needs" my dollars? The government doesn't need to tax to spend.

You are not doing nearly enough, these people are desperate and you obviously have more wealth than you need spending lavishly on computers and internet service. Hell instead of wasting your time on a forum you could be working a 2nd job and giving all that money to the poor. Go forth, set an example to follow.
I'm not interested in discussing irrelevant things. This is a political forum, and pretending that one individual giving a tiny amount of dollars will do something when the federal government doesn't even need dollars to spend..

Illegals have killed, raped, assaulted, and robbed thousands of American citizens, we have bombed countries to rubble for less. Who's side are you on again?
The Mythical Connection Between Immigrants and Crime

Immigrant status is not tracked very well for criminals and prisoners. Different studies have found vastly different indications that seem to support both sides of the issue.

And your link cannot be read without subscribing.
Ah, I'm subscribed to the WSJ so I apologize.
The Criminalization of Immigration in the United States | Immigration Policy Center
http://www.ppic.org/content/pubs/jtf/JTF_ImmigrantsCrimeJTF.pdf
Why are Immigrants' Incarceration Rates So Low? Evidence on Selective Immigration, Deterrence, and Deportation - Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago

Immigrant status is not tracked very well for criminals and prisoners. Different studies have found vastly different indications that seem to support both sides of the issue.
You keep repeating your claim. Please provide your studies.

Immigration and Crime: Assessing a Conflicted Issue

"This study examines academic and government research on the question of immigrant crime. New government data indicate that immigrants have high rates of criminality, while older academic research found low rates. The overall picture of immigrants and crime remains confused due to a lack of good data and contrary information. However, the newer government data indicate that there are legitimate public safety reasons for local law enforcement to work with federal immigration authorities.

Among the findings:

• The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) estimates that immigrants (legal and illegal) comprise 20 percent of inmates in prisons and jails. The foreign-born are 15.4 percent of the nation’s adult population. However, DHS has not provided a detailed explanation of how the estimates were generated.

• Under contract to DHS in 2004, Fentress, Inc., reviewed 8.1 million inmate records from state prison systems and 45 large county jails. They found that 22 percent of inmates were foreign-born. But the report did not cover all of the nation’s jails.

• The 287(g) program and related efforts have found high rates of illegal alien incarceration in some communities. But it is unclear if the communities are representative of the country:
    • Maricopa County, Ariz.: 22 percent of felons are illegal aliens;
    • Lake County, Ill.: 19 percent of jail inmates are illegal aliens;
    • Collier County, Fla.: 20 to 22 percent of jail inmates and arrestees are illegal aliens;
    • Weld County, Colo.: 12.8 to 15.2 percent of those jailed are illegal aliens.

• DHS states that it has identified 221,000 non-citizens in the nation’s jails. This equals 11 to 15 percent of the jail population. Non-citizens comprise only 8.6 percent of the nation’s total adult population.

• The Federal Bureau of Prisons reports that 26.4 percent of inmates in federal prisons are non-U.S. citizens. Non-citizens are 8.6 percent of the nation’s adult population. However, federal prisons are not representative of prisons generally or local jails.

• A Pew Hispanic Center study found that, of those sentenced for federal crimes in 2007, non-citizen Hispanics were 74 percent of immigration offenders, 25 percent of drug offenders, 8 percent of white collar offenders, and 6 percent of firearms offenders. Non-citizen Hispanics are 5.1 percent of the nation’s adult population. However, the report does not provide information for other crimes or for non-Hispanic immigrants.

• Recent reports by the Public Policy Institute of California (PPIC) and Immigration Policy Center (IPC) showing low rates of immigrant incarceration highlight the data problems in many studies. The 2000 Census data they used are not reliable.

• An analysis of the data used in the PPIC and IPC studies by the National Research Council found that 53 percent of the time the Census Bureaus had to make an educated guess whether a prisoner was an immigrant. The studies are essentially measuring these guesses, not actual immigrant incarceration.

• The poor quality of data used in the PPIC and IPC studies is illustrated by wild and implausible swings. It shows a 28 percent decline in incarcerated immigrants 1990 to 2000 — yet the overall immigrant population grew 59 percent. Newer Census data from 2007 show a 146 percent increase in immigrant incarceration 2000 to 2007 — yet, the overall immigrant population grew only 22 percent."

We can and we will.
Please, elaborate on how you plan to do this.

donald-trump-i-will-build-a-great-wall.jpeg

I wonder how many NaziCon morons believe that shit?

Look, seriously. The man is trying to protect his huge profits from the drugs coming in from Mexico.

56ddc714150000ad000b14fd.jpeg

Enrique Peña Nieto also compared Donald Trump to Hitler and Mussolini.

Mexico’s president finally has publicly spoken out against Republican front-runner Donald Trump, saying his government would not pay for the candidate's proposed border wall.

Enrique Peña Nieto largely has refrained from speaking out against Trump’s series of broadsides against Mexicans or his proposal to force Mexico to pay for a wall along the southern border of the U.S. But in an interview with Mexican daily Excelsior published Monday, Peña Nieto said Trump’s hostile posturing undermines Mexico's relationship with the U.S.

"There’s no scenario," Peña Nieto said, when asked if the Mexican government would ever pay for a border wall. "And I have to also say it discourages me. Of course I can’t find a way to find common ground with this position we’ve observed from this North American political actor."

When asked if he thought Trump’s comments amounted to insincere campaign rhetoric or honest policy plans, Peña Nieto said he considered Trump to be part of a long line of populist politicians who use harsh language and simplistic policies in order to harness public anger.

"In the end, these strident comments aim to offer simple, very simple solutions to problems that, of course, won’t be solved so easily," Peña Nieto said.

"That’s how Mussolini and Hitler got to power," he added. "They took advantage precisely of that context, perhaps, of a problem humanity was then experiencing, after an economic crisis."

In a separate interview with El Universal, also published Monday, Peña Nieto saidTrump’s comments "damaged the relationship with the United States."

More: Mexico's President Says There's No Way He'll Pay For A Border Wall

So, how will Trump try to explain/spin these words coming directly from Mexico's president?

Oh bitch, he said 'that's how Mussolini and Hitler got to power' about trump's rhetoric.

See, the similarities are not lost on the rest of the world. And Mexico just told trump he could suck it.

HIs lack of concern for the millions of his citizens in this country shows that he is full of shit.
No concern?
Yeah, sure. I'm sure you know all about Enrique.

If he truly believed what he was claiming, the safety of his citizens would have been the centerpiece of his speech. It would have been in the thread title.

Is Canada arming? Are they seeking alliances with nations to protect themselves from America?

You keep repeating your claim. Please provide your studies.

Immigration and Crime: Assessing a Conflicted Issue

"This study examines academic and government research on the question of immigrant crime. New government data indicate that immigrants have high rates of criminality, while older academic research found low rates. The overall picture of immigrants and crime remains confused due to a lack of good data and contrary information. However, the newer government data indicate that there are legitimate public safety reasons for local law enforcement to work with federal immigration authorities.

Among the findings:

• The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) estimates that immigrants (legal and illegal) comprise 20 percent of inmates in prisons and jails. The foreign-born are 15.4 percent of the nation’s adult population. However, DHS has not provided a detailed explanation of how the estimates were generated.

• Under contract to DHS in 2004, Fentress, Inc., reviewed 8.1 million inmate records from state prison systems and 45 large county jails. They found that 22 percent of inmates were foreign-born. But the report did not cover all of the nation’s jails.

• The 287(g) program and related efforts have found high rates of illegal alien incarceration in some communities. But it is unclear if the communities are representative of the country:
    • Maricopa County, Ariz.: 22 percent of felons are illegal aliens;
    • Lake County, Ill.: 19 percent of jail inmates are illegal aliens;
    • Collier County, Fla.: 20 to 22 percent of jail inmates and arrestees are illegal aliens;
    • Weld County, Colo.: 12.8 to 15.2 percent of those jailed are illegal aliens.

• DHS states that it has identified 221,000 non-citizens in the nation’s jails. This equals 11 to 15 percent of the jail population. Non-citizens comprise only 8.6 percent of the nation’s total adult population.

• The Federal Bureau of Prisons reports that 26.4 percent of inmates in federal prisons are non-U.S. citizens. Non-citizens are 8.6 percent of the nation’s adult population. However, federal prisons are not representative of prisons generally or local jails.

• A Pew Hispanic Center study found that, of those sentenced for federal crimes in 2007, non-citizen Hispanics were 74 percent of immigration offenders, 25 percent of drug offenders, 8 percent of white collar offenders, and 6 percent of firearms offenders. Non-citizen Hispanics are 5.1 percent of the nation’s adult population. However, the report does not provide information for other crimes or for non-Hispanic immigrants.

• Recent reports by the Public Policy Institute of California (PPIC) and Immigration Policy Center (IPC) showing low rates of immigrant incarceration highlight the data problems in many studies. The 2000 Census data they used are not reliable.

• An analysis of the data used in the PPIC and IPC studies by the National Research Council found that 53 percent of the time the Census Bureaus had to make an educated guess whether a prisoner was an immigrant. The studies are essentially measuring these guesses, not actual immigrant incarceration.

• The poor quality of data used in the PPIC and IPC studies is illustrated by wild and implausible swings. It shows a 28 percent decline in incarcerated immigrants 1990 to 2000 — yet the overall immigrant population grew 59 percent. Newer Census data from 2007 show a 146 percent increase in immigrant incarceration 2000 to 2007 — yet, the overall immigrant population grew only 22 percent."
Oddly enough, your "study" appears to have flawed data. (Your study is from 2009)
http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/p13.pdf
Immigrants and crime: Crunching the numbers - CNNPolitics.com

Mexico’s president finally has publicly spoken out against Republican front-runner Donald Trump, saying his government would not pay for the candidate's proposed border wall.

Enrique Peña Nieto largely has refrained from speaking out against Trump’s series of broadsides against Mexicans or his proposal to force Mexico to pay for a wall along the southern border of the U.S. But in an interview with Mexican daily Excelsior published Monday, Peña Nieto said Trump’s hostile posturing undermines Mexico's relationship with the U.S.

"There’s no scenario," Peña Nieto said, when asked if the Mexican government would ever pay for a border wall. "And I have to also say it discourages me. Of course I can’t find a way to find common ground with this position we’ve observed from this North American political actor."

When asked if he thought Trump’s comments amounted to insincere campaign rhetoric or honest policy plans, Peña Nieto said he considered Trump to be part of a long line of populist politicians who use harsh language and simplistic policies in order to harness public anger.

"In the end, these strident comments aim to offer simple, very simple solutions to problems that, of course, won’t be solved so easily," Peña Nieto said.

"That’s how Mussolini and Hitler got to power," he added. "They took advantage precisely of that context, perhaps, of a problem humanity was then experiencing, after an economic crisis."

In a separate interview with El Universal, also published Monday, Peña Nieto saidTrump’s comments "damaged the relationship with the United States."

So, how will Trump try to explain/spin these words coming directly from Mexico's president?

Oh bitch, he said 'that's how Mussolini and Hitler got to power' about trump's rhetoric.

See, the similarities are not lost on the rest of the world. And Mexico just told trump he could suck it.

HIs lack of concern for the millions of his citizens in this country shows that he is full of shit.
No concern?

If he truly believed what he was claiming, the safety of his citizens would have been the centerpiece of his speech. It would have been in the thread title.

Is Canada arming? Are they seeking alliances with nations to protect themselves from America?
He's not going to arm because Trump isn't going to get elected.

No concern?

nostra.jpg

I thought you died in 1566!

No concern?

I agree! However, China and/or Russia would be thrilled to arm Mexico upon request.

No concern?

I agree! However, China and/or Russia would be thrilled to arm Mexico upon request.

Russia tried that with Cuba in the 60's and the LAST decent old school Democrat put them in their place. Now we need a president with BALLS instead of the Chicken Shit we currently have, they wouldn't think about it, nor would China! But you can keep on fingering yourself until you get wet!

Forum List

Back