Mexico's President Says There's No Way He'll Pay For A Border Wall

Mexico should shut it or we'll squash them like a bug.
What the hell? Is this what trump supporters think about mexico?

Illegals have killed, raped, assaulted, and robbed thousands of American citizens, we have bombed countries to rubble for less. Who's side are you on again?
The Mythical Connection Between Immigrants and Crime

Newcomers to the U.S. are less likely than the native population to commit violent crimes or be incarcerated.

Except for the ones who do.
Notice how you have nothing to refute what I've posted. No one denies that some individuals who enter america commit violent crimes, however, these individuals are valuable to the economy, especially with the LFPR going down.

Increasing the supply of labor decreases demand ie wages.

Illegals have killed, raped, assaulted, and robbed thousands of American citizens, we have bombed countries to rubble for less. Who's side are you on again?

Immigrant status is not tracked very well for criminals and prisoners. Different studies have found vastly different indications that seem to support both sides of the issue.

And your link cannot be read without subscribing.
Ah, I'm subscribed to the WSJ so I apologize.
The Criminalization of Immigration in the United States | Immigration Policy Center
http://www.ppic.org/content/pubs/jtf/JTF_ImmigrantsCrimeJTF.pdf
Why are Immigrants' Incarceration Rates So Low? Evidence on Selective Immigration, Deterrence, and Deportation - Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago

That they should stop exporting their poverty to us? Yes.
So you actually believe the mexican government is purposefully exporting particular individuals to America?
If you want to have a discussion about poverty in Mexico, I would love to.
Mexico's wealth is unevenly distributed among its people where 10 percent of nation's wealthiest have 42.2 percent of all income and 10 percent of the nation's poorest have 1.3 of the remaining income.
Poverty in Mexico - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So you actually believe the mexican government is purposefully exporting particular individuals to America?

Yes, I believe they are intentionally encouraging their poorer, less educated, more Indian populations to come to the US.
Then I question where you get your information. Zerohedge?

Are they encouraging their richer, better educated, more European ruling class to sneak over the border?

I didn't even include the lives ruined by Mexico running Meth into the U.S. Documented by none other than National Geographic. Thousands of American citizens preyed upon by illegals, enough is enough.
You seem to believe the mexican government is actively encouraging these activities, what makes you believe that?

The wall will be built, the illegals will be deported, and Mexico will pay for it. If illegal collaborators get uppity we'll send them to prison.

56ddc714150000ad000b14fd.jpeg

Enrique Peña Nieto also compared Donald Trump to Hitler and Mussolini.

Mexico’s president finally has publicly spoken out against Republican front-runner Donald Trump, saying his government would not pay for the candidate's proposed border wall.

Enrique Peña Nieto largely has refrained from speaking out against Trump’s series of broadsides against Mexicans or his proposal to force Mexico to pay for a wall along the southern border of the U.S. But in an interview with Mexican daily Excelsior published Monday, Peña Nieto said Trump’s hostile posturing undermines Mexico's relationship with the U.S.

"There’s no scenario," Peña Nieto said, when asked if the Mexican government would ever pay for a border wall. "And I have to also say it discourages me. Of course I can’t find a way to find common ground with this position we’ve observed from this North American political actor."

When asked if he thought Trump’s comments amounted to insincere campaign rhetoric or honest policy plans, Peña Nieto said he considered Trump to be part of a long line of populist politicians who use harsh language and simplistic policies in order to harness public anger.

"In the end, these strident comments aim to offer simple, very simple solutions to problems that, of course, won’t be solved so easily," Peña Nieto said.

"That’s how Mussolini and Hitler got to power," he added. "They took advantage precisely of that context, perhaps, of a problem humanity was then experiencing, after an economic crisis."

In a separate interview with El Universal, also published Monday, Peña Nieto saidTrump’s comments "damaged the relationship with the United States."

More: Mexico's President Says There's No Way He'll Pay For A Border Wall

So, how will Trump try to explain/spin these words coming directly from Mexico's president?

Oh bitch, he said 'that's how Mussolini and Hitler got to power' about trump's rhetoric.

See, the similarities are not lost on the rest of the world. And Mexico just told trump he could suck it.

Newcomers to the U.S. are less likely than the native population to commit violent crimes or be incarcerated.

Notice how you have nothing to refute what I've posted. No one denies that some individuals who enter america commit violent crimes, however, these individuals are valuable to the economy, especially with the LFPR going down.

Uhh.. what? Employers, employers who employ low skill labors and employers who want high skilled immigrants..
Illegal Immigrants Don't Lower Our Wages Or Take Our Jobs
Southern Economic Journal - Volume 81, Issue 4 - April 2015 - Wiley Online Library

Immigrant status is not tracked very well for criminals and prisoners. Different studies have found vastly different indications that seem to support both sides of the issue.

The Criminalization of Immigration in the United States | Immigration Policy Center
Why are Immigrants' Incarceration Rates So Low? Evidence on Selective Immigration, Deterrence, and Deportation - Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago

You keep repeating your claim. Please provide your studies.

Mexico’s president finally has publicly spoken out against Republican front-runner Donald Trump, saying his government would not pay for the candidate's proposed border wall.

Enrique Peña Nieto largely has refrained from speaking out against Trump’s series of broadsides against Mexicans or his proposal to force Mexico to pay for a wall along the southern border of the U.S. But in an interview with Mexican daily Excelsior published Monday, Peña Nieto said Trump’s hostile posturing undermines Mexico's relationship with the U.S.

"There’s no scenario," Peña Nieto said, when asked if the Mexican government would ever pay for a border wall. "And I have to also say it discourages me. Of course I can’t find a way to find common ground with this position we’ve observed from this North American political actor."

When asked if he thought Trump’s comments amounted to insincere campaign rhetoric or honest policy plans, Peña Nieto said he considered Trump to be part of a long line of populist politicians who use harsh language and simplistic policies in order to harness public anger.

"In the end, these strident comments aim to offer simple, very simple solutions to problems that, of course, won’t be solved so easily," Peña Nieto said.

"That’s how Mussolini and Hitler got to power," he added. "They took advantage precisely of that context, perhaps, of a problem humanity was then experiencing, after an economic crisis."

In a separate interview with El Universal, also published Monday, Peña Nieto saidTrump’s comments "damaged the relationship with the United States."

So, how will Trump try to explain/spin these words coming directly from Mexico's president?

Oh bitch, he said 'that's how Mussolini and Hitler got to power' about trump's rhetoric.

See, the similarities are not lost on the rest of the world. And Mexico just told trump he could suck it.

HIs lack of concern for the millions of his citizens in this country shows that he is full of shit.

I didn't even include the lives ruined by Mexico running Meth into the U.S. Documented by none other than National Geographic. Thousands of American citizens preyed upon by illegals, enough is enough.
You seem to believe the mexican government is actively encouraging these activities, what makes you believe that?

The wall will be built, the illegals will be deported, and Mexico will pay for it. If illegal collaborators get uppity we'll send them to prison.
I question how the "wall" will work? How tall will it be? Who will build it? How do you plan to force another country to pay for it?

Under U.S. immigration law none of these illegals qualify to immigrate to the U.S. We don't accept poor uneducated losers.
"Poor uneducated losers." Nice to know you view desperate individuals who work harder then most americans as "losers."

Oh cry me a river, where is your compassion for the other 3 billion poor people on the planet? Why do you even own a computer? Sell everything you own and give the money to government to help these desperate people, set an example to follow. Well? No? Yes I thought so.

HIs lack of concern for the millions of his citizens in this country shows that he is full of shit.
No concern?
Yeah, sure. I'm sure you know all about Enrique.

Uhh.. what? Employers, employers who employ low skill labors and employers who want high skilled immigrants..
Southern Economic Journal - Volume 81, Issue 4 - April 2015 - Wiley Online Library

INcreasing supply decreases cost. That's the Law of Supply and Demand.

Under U.S. immigration law none of these illegals qualify to immigrate to the U.S. We don't accept poor uneducated losers.
"Poor uneducated losers." Nice to know you view desperate individuals who work harder then most americans as "losers."

Oh cry me a river, where is your compassion for the other 3 billion poor people on the planet? Why do you even own a computer? Sell everything you own and give the money to government to help these desperate people, set an example to follow. Well? No? Yes I thought so.
Pardon me? I live in the united states and give to charity when I can, I support global efforts to reduce poverty and support politicians who will let America take in some of these desperate people from countries such as Venezuela, Guatemala.. Why do I own a computer? I own dollars, and spent them on a nice laptop. What makes you think the government "needs" my dollars? The government doesn't need to tax to spend.

Mexico's president is clearly stating that Trump is full of shit - and a LIAR. It's that simple...

Breaking: America doesn't give a shit what Mexico's president says.
Actually, us rational americans do care what the president of mexico says. I actually follow south american politics.

His interests are those of his citizens, not ours.
Ok? What do you want him to do?

I question how the "wall" will work? How tall will it be? Who will build it? How do you plan to force another country to pay for it?

Being a superpower has its privileges. We'll have $40 billion dollars to spend on the wall over the next 10 years just by putting a stop to illegals scamming American taxpayers out of $4 billion a year in fraudulent refunds. That's just the tip of the iceberg in savings. We'll build the wall and Mexico can pay us back over time plus interest.

INcreasing supply decreases cost. That's the Law of Supply and Demand.
I'm genuinely curious. Do you frequent the comments section at zerohedge? There is no valid analysis that shows any significant wage reduction due to immigrants. You are indeed correct that increasing supply decreases cost, when we're at full employment.

Forum List

Back