Mexico's President Says There's No Way He'll Pay For A Border Wall

Another thing. A lot of that economic and military aid we give to Mexico creates jobs back here at home.

So, who's going to build and pay for Trump's wall?
Mexicans will pay for it when Trump cuts off their foreign aid and imposes a tariff to cover the cost.
Did Trump say that?
What other way is there? To ask nicely?

Tariff? And when there is a tariff on an import, it is added to the cost of the product. And who pays that cost? The American consumer! So, the American consumer is going to pay for his wall! What's that? Oh, I see! Nobody will buy the Mexican imported products because they will be priced out of the market! (including half of the fresh vegetables we eat during the winter). So, Mexico can not sell their products to Americans because the price is too high, which means, that WE COLLECT NO TARIFFS ON THEM, DUMMY!

You know, selling concepts to people as intelligent as Trump's supporters has made him a VERY wealthy man!

Mexicans will pay for it when Trump cuts off their foreign aid and imposes a tariff to cover the cost.
Did Trump say that?

Tariff? And when there is a tariff on an import, it is added to the cost of the product. And who pays that cost? The American consumer! So, the American consumer is going to pay for his wall! What's that? Oh, I see! Nobody will buy the Mexican imported products because they will be priced out of the market! (including half of the fresh vegetables we eat during the winter). So, Mexico can not sell their products to Americans because the price is too high, which means, that WE COLLECT NO TARIFFS ON THEM, DUMMY!

You know, selling concepts to people as intelligent as Trump's supporters has made him a VERY wealthy man!

First off, they aren't going to get "priced out" of the market. Lets be real.
Even if they do and we don't buy their product, their economy hurts.
We hold many of their strings. Just like we do with China.

Did Trump say that?

I will keep this REALLY simple, TN. Let's say that you want to buy a Ford Fusion, but, it is made in Mexico, and there is a $500 tariff on it. The $500 is added to the price of the car. You buy the car. Result; Mexico breaks even. The US government gets $500. You have LOST $500. And the man who would make all this possible is Trump. But cheer up. Trump can't put a tariff on anything in Mexico. That would take a vote of Congress to repeal the NAFTA treaty. But, of course, it doesn't cost him anything to lie about, does it?

Last edited:
Who cares what the Mexicans think... they certainly don't respect our laws. Why should I respect their opinions?

Did Trump say that?

I will keep this REALLY simple, TN. Let's say that you want to buy a Ford Fusion, but, it is made in Mexico, and there is a $500 tariff on it. The $500 is added to the price of the car. You buy the car. Result; Mexico breaks even. The government gets $500. You have LOST $500.

Of course, without the tariff, Ford might choose to build other auto plants in Mexico. The result would be $billions in wages and investment going to Mexicans rather than Americans.

We give about $400 million a year to Mexico in economic and military assistance. Trump's wall would cost $10 billion, not counting the cost of construction.

What do you think will happen if we stop giving Mexico military assistance for the "war on drugs"?

With a wall the war on drugs will stay on the Mexican side of the border.
Have you ever heard of planes? Cargo ships? Cars? Tunnels? Most of the drugs smuggled in are not walked across the desert.

Actually, plenty of them are. Drug smugglers have been caught using catapults to hurl drugs over the border. They have used tunnels, planes, and mules (people who carry drugs) to smuggle drugs across the border.
I really like the catapults image. Shows the creativity that springs up when there is an obstacle.

Did Trump say that?

I will keep this REALLY simple, TN. Let's say that you want to buy a Ford Fusion, but, it is made in Mexico, and there is a $500 tariff on it. The $500 is added to the price of the car. You buy the car. Result; Mexico breaks even. The government gets $500. You have LOST $500. And the man who would make all this possible is Trump. But cheer up. Trump can't put a tariff on anything in Mexico. That would take a vote of Congress to repeal the NAFTA treaty. But, of course, it doesn't cost him anything to lie about, does it?
He will be battling that corporate whore as well :)

Did Trump say that?

I will keep this REALLY simple, TN. Let's say that you want to buy a Ford Fusion, but, it is made in Mexico, and there is a $500 tariff on it. The $500 is added to the price of the car. You buy the car. Result; Mexico breaks even. The government gets $500. You have LOST $500. And the man who would make all this possible is Trump. But cheer up. Trump can't put a tariff on anything in Mexico. That would take a vote of Congress to repeal the NAFTA treaty. But, of course, it doesn't cost him anything to lie about, does it?

Why, of course he will! Who, better than a fox to guard the henhouse from other foxes? I can just visualize Trump getting tough with mexican importers! I assume that the first tariff he would try to initiate would be on the import of his own clothing line produced in Mexico....

Last edited:
We give about $400 million a year to Mexico in economic and military assistance. Trump's wall would cost $10 billion, not counting the cost of construction.

What do you think will happen if we stop giving Mexico military assistance for the "war on drugs"?

If we've built a decent wall, it won't matter as much.
Yeah. Drugs will magically stop coming to America from south of the border.

Because of a wall.

You Trump Chumps really are gullible and stupid.

Drugs will magically stop coming to America from south of the border.

Who said anything about magic?

Take it out of foreign aid and tax remittances. Two walls could be built with that money alone.

Take it out of foreign aid and tax remittances. Two walls could be built with that money alone.

Well, let's see.

Cost of wall: $10,000,000,000
Foreign aid: $ 400,000,000 (much of which is used to fight drug cartels trying to import drugs to the USA)

That seems to result in a shortfall of $9,600,000,000. So, what the hell are "tax remittances" and link where that comes to almost 10 billion dollars.

You guys have obviously never been to Mexico. They can't even afford to pave their roads. If you look at the federales uniforms closely, you can see where they have been restitched by hand over old torn seams, to avoid buying new ones.

Why, of course he will! Who, better than a fox to guard the henhouse from other foxes? I can just visualize Trump getting tough with mexican importers! I assume that the first tariff he would try to initiate would be on the import of his own clothing line produced in Mexico....
Exactly

Well, let's see.

Foreign aid: $ 400,000,000 (much of which is used to fight drug cartels trying to import drugs to the USA)

That seems to result in a shortfall of $9,600,000,000. So, what the hell are "tax remittances" and link where that comes to almost 10 billion dollars.

We getting our money's worth yet?

So, what the hell are "tax remittances"

Illegals wire money home, hit that with a 30% tax. It'll add up quick.

Well, let's see.

I like it so far. How would you enforce it?

Well, let's see.

I like it so far. How would you enforce it?

Hello, Western Union, we need you to tax wires to foreign recipients. Thanks!

Forum List

Back