Michele Obama / Hollywood uses military as Props for Oscars.

OriginalShroom

Gold Member
Jan 29, 2013
Without planning to, I accidently watched part of the Oscars last night.

And it had to be Michele Obama presenting the Best Movie award.

While I don't give a flip that she did it, I was wondering why they had the military standing there in Formal Mess Dress.

Turns out, the producers of the Oscars requested it.

The Obama's used active duty military as props for Hollywood. That speak volumes about how they actually feel about the military.

Michelle Obama at Oscars: Harvey Weinstein Arranged It

So, two weeks ago, Koch and the producers borrowed Disney's jet for a flight to D.C. They told their colleagues, though, that they had to go to New York for the day. "The planning of it was like Argo -- it was a C.I.A. mission, it was so complicated. We didn't even want anyone to know where we were going," Zadan said.

Once they arrived, they joined up with Weinstein and his daughter and then they all met with members of the first lady's staff to hammer out the details. The staff took them through the available White House rooms so they could select one for the broadcast. They were asked whether the first lady should appear alone or with a group, and the producers suggested having members of the military join in.

What is it about Liberal Presidents here lately? Why do they show such utter disrespect for the Military around them?

While I don't give a flip that she did it, I was wondering why they had the military standing there in Formal Mess Dress.

The Obama's used active duty military as props for Hollywood. That speak volumes about how they actually feel about the military.

So, two weeks ago, Koch and the producers borrowed Disney's jet for a flight to D.C. They told their colleagues, though, that they had to go to New York for the day. "The planning of it was like Argo -- it was a C.I.A. mission, it was so complicated. We didn't even want anyone to know where we were going," Zadan said.

Once they arrived, they joined up with Weinstein and his daughter and then they all met with members of the first lady's staff to hammer out the details. The staff took them through the available White House rooms so they could select one for the broadcast. They were asked whether the first lady should appear alone or with a group, and the producers suggested having members of the military join in.

What is it about Liberal Presidents here lately? Why do they show such utter disrespect for the Military around them?

Didn't like it, huh?

I see the military at sporting events. You okay with that? Actually, after going unnoticed for so long fighting and dying, I'm fine seeing them taking part in any and all occasions.

They did, after all defend and protect the privilege of these communist movie makers to exist and infest Hollywood and have their silly celebrations patting each other on the back.:clap2:

I heard from someone who watched that the host of the Awards behaved in an entirely low class way during the entire evening. So it does not surprise me to hear they mixed entertainment and politics.

Washington is nothing but theater for the rubes these days anyway. Senators and Congressmen should get some kind of award.

"And the award for Best Hearing Pretending to Find Facts goes to..."

Last edited:
"Even at the Oscars, the Obama's had to insert themselves. ... Must she stick her nose in everything? ..." :mad:

The military are props. Children are props. Doctors have been props. We are all props. Supporting actors in the obama saga. They are the stars of every show. There are enough fawning syncophants to keep their media hunger going.

and the Oscar for best actor and actress goes tooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ..... the Obamas :clap2:

:rolleyes:

I was a guest at someone else's place and the lady of the manse was watching the Oscars. I admit that when it was announced that a certain queen was presenting the Best Picture Award, I requested the channel be changed. (We had, after all, just had a splendid meal, why ruin it.) We finished the evening watching "Family Guy" and "Robot Chicken" on Adult Swim. A much classier and far more entertaining choice.

it's probably worth reminding everyone that—regardless of what you thought about her specific performance—her presence on screen wasn't the first time a first lady has taken part in the Hollywood extravaganza.

That honor—as far as my Internet sleuthing can find—goes to Laura Bush, who participated in this taped "What do the movies mean to you?" segment for the 74th Academy Awards in 2002.

At least two presidents have also gotten in on the Oscars fun. The first was FDR, who delivered a radio address from the White House during the 13th Academy Awards. [...]

Ronald Reagan also taped his own video message for the 53rd Academy Awards in 1981 (which, you may remember, were actually postponed 24 hours in the wake of an assassination attempt on his life).

http://mobile.slate.com/blogs/the_s...wasn_t_the_first_to_appear_at_the_oscars.html

it's probably worth reminding everyone that—regardless of what you thought about her specific performance—her presence on screen wasn't the first time a first lady has taken part in the Hollywood extravaganza.

That honor—as far as my Internet sleuthing can find—goes to Laura Bush, who participated in this taped "What do the movies mean to you?" segment for the 74th Academy Awards in 2002.

At least two presidents have also gotten in on the Oscars fun. The first was FDR, who delivered a radio address from the White House during the 13th Academy Awards. [...]

Ronald Reagan also taped his own video message for the 53rd Academy Awards in 1981 (which, you may remember, were actually postponed 24 hours in the wake of an assassination attempt on his life).

Michelle Obama-Oscars: First lady wasn't the first to appear at the Oscars.

So, I didn't watch any of them, either.

I was a guest at someone else's place and the lady of the manse was watching the Oscars. I admit that when it was announced that a certain queen was presenting the Best Picture Award, I requested the channel be changed. (We had, after all, just had a splendid meal, why ruin it.) We finished the evening watching "Family Guy" and "Robot Chicken" on Adult Swim. A much classier and far more entertaining choice.

For you, I'm sure it was.

The military are props. Children are props. Doctors have been props. We are all props. Supporting actors in the obama saga. They are the stars of every show. There are enough fawning syncophants to keep their media hunger going.

What's amzing is that you think this is just true of the current administration. :lol:

Your RUDE interjection of FACTS into this Rightwing faux outrage is NOT welcome, Ma'am!

GOOD DAY TO YOU.....I say.....GOOD DAY!

I imagine most, if not all of the military members who were there were quite honored to be there.

I would be honored to be invited to the WH, regardless of who the POTUS was.

I guess if no military had been in that shot, the alternative propaganda garbage out of the right's fevered brains would have been something about Michelle Obama hating the military.

Just in case you missed it, or can't read..

This isn't about Obama appearing. I couldn't care less.

I do care that she had Active Duty Military appear in Formal Mess Dress at the request of the Producers of the show.

That is very disrespectful.

Just in case you missed it, or can't read..

This isn't about Obama appearing. I couldn't care less.

I do care that she had Active Duty Military appear in Formal Mess Dress at the request of the Producers of the show.

That is very disrespectful.

No, it wasn't. Do you want to know why?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/24/obama-national-governors-association_n_2756159.html

They were already there....they could have stayed standing around as Aides....but the First Lady INVITED them to be part of her few minutes. As someone else said....you RWrs would have bitched either way.....you really could care less about the military.

Last edited:

Your RUDE interjection of FACTS into this Rightwing faux outrage is NOT welcome, Ma'am!

GOOD DAY TO YOU.....I say.....GOOD DAY!

I see not paying attention to what is actually said is a Liberal trait here.

I couldn't care less about Obama being on the show. I have never intentionally watched a single one.

I do care that she used the military as props at the request of the Show's producers. That bothers me a lot.

Agreed! :D

I'd have done exactly the same! No need to spoil a perfectly good dinner! ;)

Forum List

Back