Michelle Obama Lunch Rules Ban Fried Foods, Frosted Flakes in Daycare

So what did we learn kids?

We learned that Republicans are pro fucked up food for no other reason than Michelle Obama is against it.

But when asked why they support feeding kids more fried food they take the Michelle Obama route and tell you they dont.

So they agree with the plan they just dont like....The person involved

If the kids wont eat it what good are you doing?
I remember in high school they stopped deep frying the tater tots and fries,for our own good of course,and they all ended up in the trash.
And the same thing with kids bringing healthy food from home. Hey...if they get hungry enough, they will eat anything.

Maybe schools should stop feeding kids altogether, eh?

I'm good with that.
Assuming the school lunch police keeps their noses out of the lunch bags.

I don't why we the people are paying for a bunch of people who are Suppose to Represent US in Congress. these Agencies just make up their own rules to stick on us.

snip:
Final regulation only allows daycare centers to serve juice once a day

BY: Elizabeth Harrington
April 25, 2016 1:50 pm

New rules stemming from the school lunch law championed by first lady Michelle Obama are banning popular children’s cereals like Frosted Flakes in daycare centers.

The U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food and Nutrition Service issued a final rule Monday that will affect more than 3 million kids in daycare centers across the country. The regulation will only allow daycare centers to serve juice once a day, will ban fried foods, and encourages centers to not add honey to a child’s yogurt.

The regulation is a result of the 2010 law aimed at school lunches, a top priority of Mrs. Obama’s Let’s Move anti-obesity initiative. The government hopes ( hummm. the Government hopes) the new rule will “help children build healthy habits.”

“This final rule updates the meal pattern requirements for the Child and Adult Care Food Program to better align them with the Dietary Guidelines for Americans, as required by the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010,” the final rule states. “This rule requires centers and day care homes participating in the Child and Adult Care Food Program to serve more whole grains and a greater variety of vegetables and fruit, and reduces the amount of added sugars and solid fats in meals.”

The law required the USDA to “promote health and wellness in child care settings via guidance and technical assistance that focuses on nutrition, physical activity, and limiting electronic media use,” according to the regulation.

all of the wonderful here:

Conservative logic is lost on this one. If we get these people used to eating healthy when they are kids eating government supplied meals, when they grow up to be adults using SNAP to buy food, they will (hopefully) continue to eat healthy.

Stephanie gets food stamps, Medicaid, Soc Sec and government cheese so no, she's not one who understands why the US should want their kids to be healthy.

We learned that Republicans are pro fucked up food for no other reason than Michelle Obama is against it.

But when asked why they support feeding kids more fried food they take the Michelle Obama route and tell you they dont.

I remember in high school they stopped deep frying the tater tots and fries,for our own good of course,and they all ended up in the trash.

This is why kids dont run shit. What they like and whats good for them are often 2 different things. When they like something like starting trash can fires we dont defer to them because their enjoyment ranks higher than diabetes

Better the kid have a PBJ than nothing.

more good news about: THE GOVERNMENT

SNIP:
Study: Cost of U.S. Regulations Larger Than Germany’s Economy
Regs have cost economy $4 trillion, $13,000 per person

April 26, 2016 12:50 pm

The cost of U.S. regulations is now larger than Germany’s economy, amounting to a $4 trillion loss to the American economy, according to a new study by the Mercatus Center at George Mason University.

The study, released Tuesday, found that regulations over the past several decades amount to a loss of $13,000 for each American worker.

“The impact of regulation on economic growth has been widely studied, but most research has focused on a narrow set of regulations, industries, or both,” according to the report. “These studies typically rely on regulatory indexes that measure subsets of all regulation, on country-to-country comparisons, on short time spans, or on surveys in which experts report how regulated they believe their country or industry is.

“In order to better understand the cumulative cost of regulation, a comprehensive look at all regulations across many industries over a long period of time is imperative.”

Researchers at Mercatus studied data from 22 industries from 1977 to 2012, finding regulations have distorted “investments choices that lead to innovation” and have “created a considerable drag on the economy.” The result: an average shrinking of the economy by 0.8 percent a year.

“If regulations had been held constant at levels observed in 1980, the American economy would have been 25 percent larger than it was in 2012,” the report said. “This amounts to a $4 trillion loss in 2012 for the American economy or $13,000 loss per person, a significant amount of money for most American workers.”

The cost of federal regulations amounts to the fourth-largest GDP in the world, surpassing the economies of Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Brazil, Italy, Russia, and India.

all of it here:

This latest mandate from the White House should be a real winner --- akin to Michelle’s previous demands.

1M kids stop school lunch due to Michelle Obama’s standards

As School Meals Have Gotten Healthier, 1.4 Million Students Drop Out of School Lunch Program

Students in Full Revolt Against Michelle Obama's Horrible School Lunch Mandates! - The Political Insider

Kentucky kids to first lady Michelle Obama: Your food ‘tastes like vomit’
OMG, you live by what the Moonie Times tells you?

I'm truly amazed at the ability of RWNJ's to find insignificant little stories like this one and blow them up into massive drama. Countless times a day.
Tell me you don't think the Left does the same thing?

How about the current lefty fascination with boys/men using women's restrooms???

Its the RWNJs who are lying about men/boys using women's bathrooms.

What does that bullshit have to do with this thread?
Ah...there it is again. Wagging your finger at Luddley when it was gipper who brought up boys/men using women's bathrooms.
Why aren't you wagging your finger at gipper?

Probably cuz I didn't see it, and you're still a moron.

And the same thing with kids bringing healthy food from home. Hey...if they get hungry enough, they will eat anything.

Maybe schools should stop feeding kids altogether, eh?

I'm good with that.
Assuming the school lunch police keeps their noses out of the lunch bags.
\

Correct, even liberals should want to kick the shit out of over zealous moron school officials who are policing lunches from home.

I'm truly amazed at the ability of RWNJ's to find insignificant little stories like this one and blow them up into massive drama. Countless times a day.

How about the current lefty fascination with boys/men using women's restrooms???
You guys are the ones who created that by increasing the scope of government with new laws about what potty's people need to use.

As well as forcing women to reproduce and controlling who you can marry.

You guys are the ones who created that by increasing the scope of government with new laws about what potty's people need to use.

As well as forcing women to reproduce and controlling who you can marry.

And dictating who you can refuse service to

oh wait.....

Good for Michele, taking fat and cereal which is mostly sugar out of preschool.

When Reagan and Schwarzenegger improved school food, the Conservatives were in favor of it because they cared about the children of the US.

RWNJs these days - There is really no doubt that they hate children.

Oh yeah, and our FLOTUS is black.

more good news about: THE GOVERNMENT

SNIP:
Regs have cost economy $4 trillion, $13,000 per person

April 26, 2016 12:50 pm

The cost of U.S. regulations is now larger than Germany’s economy, amounting to a $4 trillion loss to the American economy, according to a new study by the Mercatus Center at George Mason University.

The study, released Tuesday, found that regulations over the past several decades amount to a loss of $13,000 for each American worker.

“The impact of regulation on economic growth has been widely studied, but most research has focused on a narrow set of regulations, industries, or both,” according to the report. “These studies typically rely on regulatory indexes that measure subsets of all regulation, on country-to-country comparisons, on short time spans, or on surveys in which experts report how regulated they believe their country or industry is.

“In order to better understand the cumulative cost of regulation, a comprehensive look at all regulations across many industries over a long period of time is imperative.”

Researchers at Mercatus studied data from 22 industries from 1977 to 2012, finding regulations have distorted “investments choices that lead to innovation” and have “created a considerable drag on the economy.” The result: an average shrinking of the economy by 0.8 percent a year.

“If regulations had been held constant at levels observed in 1980, the American economy would have been 25 percent larger than it was in 2012,” the report said. “This amounts to a $4 trillion loss in 2012 for the American economy or $13,000 loss per person, a significant amount of money for most American workers.”

The cost of federal regulations amounts to the fourth-largest GDP in the world, surpassing the economies of Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Brazil, Italy, Russia, and India.

all of it here:

This latest mandate from the White House should be a real winner --- akin to Michelle’s previous demands.

1M kids stop school lunch due to Michelle Obama’s standards

As School Meals Have Gotten Healthier, 1.4 Million Students Drop Out of School Lunch Program

Students in Full Revolt Against Michelle Obama's Horrible School Lunch Mandates! - The Political Insider

Kentucky kids to first lady Michelle Obama: Your food ‘tastes like vomit’
OMG, you live by what the Moonie Times tells you?

Perhaps.

But when that is all people like you have to say in response, I have basically no respect for their opinions on the subject. Totally lame.

Incidentally, I could find 20 articles on this not associated with the Washington Times. But I would not bother in your case.

“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.” -- Democrat Party 2016

Only a left loon would ever think it's the government's job to dictate what a parent can or cannot allow their child to eat.

You do realize that daycares , just like regular schools, can feed kids whatever they want to feed them right? They simply won't qualify for additional federal funding if they don't follow the regulations.

This is a perfect example of the hypocrisy of BOTH sides.

On the left we have idiots saying "hey if you get food from the government then the government gets to tell you what to eat, whilst at the same time screaming that the government can't drug test welfare recipients" and of course the exact opposite from the right.

Both sides are ridiculous morons. If you invite the government into your life , deal with the consequences. Simple as that.

Of course I understand it, our children attend private schools to get away from this lunacy. My children will eat what I allow them to eat, not some overweight, manly looking behemoth like Moochelle or any other government bureaucrat

That's not what you have said in the past.

No wonder people keep calling you out on your lies.

Good for Michele, taking fat and cereal which is mostly sugar out of preschool.

When Reagan and Schwarzenegger improved school food, the Conservatives were in favor of it because they cared about the children of the US.

RWNJs these days - There is really no doubt that they hate children.

Oh yeah, and our FLOTUS is black.

I forgot all about Reagan and Da Ahhnold.

No one objected to that! Although, to be fair they were white sooo...

ah, still no answer from closed caption, understandable, no one wants to admit to being a hypocrite.

“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.” -- Democrat Party 2016

We get it, healthy food is torment:rolleyes:

ah, still no answer from closed caption, understandable, no one wants to admit to being a hypocrite.

About what? Drug tests?

No, people should be drug tested to show they need to feed their families. Of there is evidence that funds have been misused THEN you have a point.

Forum List

Back