Michelle Obama Lunch Rules Ban Fried Foods, Frosted Flakes in Daycare

Providing toddlers with healthful food so they don't end up fat like 40% of American adults? OUTRAGE!!!!! Oh, the huge manatee!
I grew up eating Frosted Flakes and drinking Cherry Kool Aid made with real sugar and so did most of the kids I grew up with

None of us are obese.

Kids are fat pigs these days because riding a bike and playing outdoors has been replaced with video games and computers.
And parents who give their kids junk food rather than nutritious meals.

I call those kids "waddlers".

If those kids were getting any exercise they'd burn off those calories.

So you want the government to mandate exercise for fat kids?

Actually ClosedCaption aske me what my solution is, it's simple, the higher your body fat percentage, the more you pay for unhealthy food. Let some 500 lb dude pay $135 for a Big Mac, he'll lose the weight.
Don't all schools have mandatory PE?

Kids are fat pigs these days because riding a bike and playing outdoors has been replaced with video games and computers.

There is a lot of truth to that statement, but the parents feeding their kids garbage is also part of the problem.

Its 70% diet. You knew the fat kid who played outside all day and then ate 6 doughnuts afterwards. It wasnt a surprise why

My goodness, I was totally that kid. lol. In my late-20's I made the decision to get healthier. I lost a shit ton of weight and now I feel priceless.

Don't you mean you feel fabulous?

:lol:

Most days that is an accurate statement; however, not today. I love spring, but it plays havoc with my allergies. I am snorting around the house like a damn anteater.

It doesn't matter.

It's no one's business what people choose to eat now is it? I' really sick of people thinking they have the right to tell others how to live their fucking lives.

If you want to be a fat fuck go ahead IDGAF.

Once again. This is not a bill to stop what you feed your kids. If you object to something at least know what it does.

Once again, you can eat anything you like, this bill doesnt affect that so your anger is missplaced.

So again, What is your answer to America's Obesity Problem? Not caring isnt a solution and you only seem to have problems.

Any solution at all?

Are you for or against drug testing welfare recipients? Funny that no one wants to answer that question.

Lets take turns. I asked you your solution to the Obesity problem 4 times. So lets go in order.

do you understand that I agree with YOU on this particular topic? You seem confused.

Thats great but not an answer to my question.

I don't have a solution, one things for sure, this isn't really going to make a difference one way or the other. It's purely political.

Providing toddlers with healthful food so they don't end up fat like 40% of American adults? OUTRAGE!!!!! Oh, the huge manatee!
I grew up eating Frosted Flakes and drinking Cherry Kool Aid made with real sugar and so did most of the kids I grew up with

None of us are obese.

only in part.

it's also because they eat processed foods full of fat and sugar.

What about the Joke ...Just Say No to Drugs...Nancy never lived in poverty her whole life..
Just say No to processed, high fat/sugar food.

Thing is this kind of food is more affordable to many who would otherwise not eat.

Little wonder there's so much type 2 diabetes.

yup... look at them whine that their kids won't be stuffed full of sugar and fat in daycare.

idiots.

Do you support drug testing welfare recipients?

thanks for the non-sequitur.

:cuckoo:

LOL it's exactly the same you political hack.

If you accept government funds you follow government rules, PERIOD.

Of course admitting that would expose you as the hypocrite you are.

Once again. This is not a bill to stop what you feed your kids. If you object to something at least know what it does.

Once again, you can eat anything you like, this bill doesnt affect that so your anger is missplaced.

So again, What is your answer to America's Obesity Problem? Not caring isnt a solution and you only seem to have problems.

Any solution at all?

Are you for or against drug testing welfare recipients? Funny that no one wants to answer that question.

Lets take turns. I asked you your solution to the Obesity problem 4 times. So lets go in order.

do you understand that I agree with YOU on this particular topic? You seem confused.

I don't have a solution, one things for sure, this isn't really going to make a difference one way or the other. It's purely political.

Youre right only if you believe fried food intake has no effect on health at all. But thats so dumb you'd never say that

Youre right only if you believe fried food intake has no effect on health at all. But thats so dumb you'd never say that

Let's be real. no one is going to change their eating habits over this change. They''ll just stuff their faces at home now.

I don't why we the people are paying for a bunch of people who are Suppose to Represent US in Congress. these Agencies just make up their own rules to stick on us.

snip:
Final regulation only allows daycare centers to serve juice once a day

BY: Elizabeth Harrington
April 25, 2016 1:50 pm

New rules stemming from the school lunch law championed by first lady Michelle Obama are banning popular children’s cereals like Frosted Flakes in daycare centers.

The U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food and Nutrition Service issued a final rule Monday that will affect more than 3 million kids in daycare centers across the country. The regulation will only allow daycare centers to serve juice once a day, will ban fried foods, and encourages centers to not add honey to a child’s yogurt.

The regulation is a result of the 2010 law aimed at school lunches, a top priority of Mrs. Obama’s Let’s Move anti-obesity initiative. The government hopes ( hummm. the Government hopes) the new rule will “help children build healthy habits.”

“This final rule updates the meal pattern requirements for the Child and Adult Care Food Program to better align them with the Dietary Guidelines for Americans, as required by the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010,” the final rule states. “This rule requires centers and day care homes participating in the Child and Adult Care Food Program to serve more whole grains and a greater variety of vegetables and fruit, and reduces the amount of added sugars and solid fats in meals.”

The law required the USDA to “promote health and wellness in child care settings via guidance and technical assistance that focuses on nutrition, physical activity, and limiting electronic media use,” according to the regulation.

all of the wonderful here:

she's right, crazy steffie.

but don't worry, if you want to shove sugar and fat into your face you still can.

Which is paid for by us tax payers.

Isn't that right Stefunny.

None of us are obese.

Actually ClosedCaption aske me what my solution is, it's simple, the higher your body fat percentage, the more you pay for unhealthy food. Let some 500 lb dude pay $135 for a Big Mac, he'll lose the weight.

What a clown.
You suggested I want to mandate exercise for kids in one breath and then you turn around and say you want to mandate food prices based on weight.

How about schools stop dropping PE from the curriculum for starters.

Let's be real. no one is going to change their eating habits over this change. They''ll just stuff their faces at home now.
Only if parents bring the junk home.

None of us are obese.

What a clown.
You suggested I want to mandate exercise for kids in one breath and then you turn around and say you want to mandate food prices based on weight.

How about schools stop dropping PE from the curriculum for starters.

For the love of God, buy a sense of humor. As if we'd really impose a fat tax on food.

None of us are obese.

Don't all schools have mandatory PE?

Nope. Use the Google to be enlightened.

I grew up eating Frosted Flake and drinking Cherry Kool Aid made with real sugar and so did most of the kids I grew up with

None of us are obese.

Good genes. Not everyone's as lucky.

Why does Stephanie want kids to eat bad food? Worried about the competition?
That is retarded, arian. Someone doesn't believe in people telling them how to live their lives and she wants kids to be unhealthy? The fallacies are shooting out of your ass and going everywhere.

stop whining. we're talking about what kids get in daycare.

or should daycare workers shove sugar water into your kids all day?

that's just silly.

If the parents don't care neither should you
If the parents care then they can take it u with the daycare

One healthy meal a day isn't going to hurt them and the brain dead parents can feed them pizza for dinner and donuts for lunch.

Forum List

Back