Michelle Obama "my kids ruined my life "

I am not a big fan of Michelle Obama but if you really look at what she said the fact is many if not all of us sacrifice or give concession in life when it come to our partner and children or even parents.

Could she have worded it better?

Maybe but it is how she felt and personally I do not hold it against her.

Some people regret having kids and not being able to do what they wanted and she is one...

Those statements are utterly meaningless without the context that they were presented in.

Considering there is less than a mynute chance that anyone nay saying the out of context quotes are actually going to watch Obama talk about herself over an hour (including me) the thread is rather pointless...

I disagree. I don't think there is a context in which you can use the word "concession" and the phrase "cost me dreams" about being a mother and have it be a positive thing.

How is that negative?

She gave up on some of her dreams, to be a parent to her children. That seems to be a positive by it's very nature.

Let's be honest here. Other women in her position, could have hired a nanny to take care of her kids for her. Between 2000 and 2004, the Obama's made an average of $2.4 Million dollars per year. When Obama left office, his net worth was over $40 Million.

Michelle could have said "Man I'm keeping my dreams. I'll hire a nanny, and achieve my goals in life"... and honestly she could have done it.

Instead she decided that kids were more important, and made concessions on what her dreams could have been.

I do not see this as a negative. I just don't.

Explain to me, best you can, why you think this is a negative?
This is an interesting comment by her....

“You know, the day I left the White House, it was painful to sit on that stage, and then a lot of our folks didn’t vote — it was almost a slap in the face,” the former first lady continued.

“It wasn’t just in this election, but every midterm, every time Barack didn’t get the Congress he needed, that was because our folks didn’t show up,” she added. “After all that work, they just couldn’t be bothered to vote at all. That’s my trauma.”

This could mean she is completely out of touch. The people didn’t come out to vote because O failed them and they knew Hillary would too. So, we got Trump because of it.

"Our folks didn't show up". Hmmm. that shows me she thinks of ONLY BLACKS as being her and Barack's kind of people and shows significant and very telling racial prejudice against Non-Blacks, She thinks of the country in terms of SEPARATE Identities. That is absoluty disgusting. Can you imagine a White politician saying that???
I don’t believe that is what she meant. I think she was referring to Democrat voters in total.

You’d think after O lost the Congress in 2010, he would have paid attention to the people. He never did. He continued to focus his attention on the needs of the wealthiest Americans.

Those statements are utterly meaningless without the context that they were presented in.

Considering there is less than a mynute chance that anyone nay saying the out of context quotes are actually going to watch Obama talk about herself over an hour (including me) the thread is rather pointless...

I disagree. I don't think there is a context in which you can use the word "concession" and the phrase "cost me dreams" about being a mother and have it be a positive thing.

How is that negative?

She gave up on some of her dreams, to be a parent to her children. That seems to be a positive by it's very nature.

Let's be honest here. Other women in her position, could have hired a nanny to take care of her kids for her. Between 2000 and 2004, the Obama's made an average of $2.4 Million dollars per year. When Obama left office, his net worth was over $40 Million.

Michelle could have said "Man I'm keeping my dreams. I'll hire a nanny, and achieve my goals in life"... and honestly she could have done it.

Instead she decided that kids were more important, and made concessions on what her dreams could have been.

“You know, the day I left the White House, it was painful to sit on that stage, and then a lot of our folks didn’t vote — it was almost a slap in the face,” the former first lady continued.

“It wasn’t just in this election, but every midterm, every time Barack didn’t get the Congress he needed, that was because our folks didn’t show up,” she added. “After all that work, they just couldn’t be bothered to vote at all. That’s my trauma.”

This could mean she is completely out of touch. The people didn’t come out to vote because O failed them and they knew Hillary would too. So, we got Trump because of it.

"Our folks didn't show up". Hmmm. that shows me she thinks of ONLY BLACKS as being her and Barack's kind of people and shows significant and very telling racial prejudice against Non-Blacks, She thinks of the country in terms of SEPARATE Identities. That is absoluty disgusting. Can you imagine a White politician saying that???
I don’t believe that is what she meant. I think she was referring to Democrat voters in total.

You’d think after O lost the Congress in 2010, he would have paid attention to the people. He never did. He continued to focus his attention on the needs of the wealthiest Americans.

Could be, but Michelle is a known racist as is Barack. But, I agree. Our Folks = Blacks and Bliss Ninny, Nanny State White Progressives that suffer from WHITE GUILT.

Up till now I have always defended the ex-president's wife as a person who received a tremendous amount of criticism she never asked for. I never thought the negative media coverage of her was ever appropriate or called for. Even her stupid statement about being proud of her country for the first time in her adult life really didn't phase me all that much I took it more or less with a grain of salt considering the source. But the above link of her expressing regret about being a mother is one of the most hideous attacks on two living children I have ever seen in a public venue. I wonder how her two daughters feel knowing that their mother sees them as two impediments instead of two children? Are you serious bitch? The most sacred and precious privilege available to any human being to be a parent. Why am I not surprised that her value system begins with the word selfish and the ends with the word narcissist? This article has definitely changed my viewpoint of the former first lady.

Jo

Great mother!

What kind of a sick person... so close to the mother's day. Incredible lunacy...

How is that negative?

Could be, but Michelle is a known racist as is Barack. But, I agree. Our Folks = Blacks and Bliss Ninny, Nanny State White Progressives that suffer from WHITE GUILT.
I don’t think so. They are politicians. A very low form of life. They only care about their power and influence. So, they lie a lot and promote propaganda for their benefit.

Up till now I have always defended the ex-president's wife as a person who received a tremendous amount of criticism she never asked for. I never thought the negative media coverage of her was ever appropriate or called for. Even her stupid statement about being proud of her country for the first time in her adult life really didn't phase me all that much I took it more or less with a grain of salt considering the source. But the above link of her expressing regret about being a mother is one of the most hideous attacks on two living children I have ever seen in a public venue. I wonder how her two daughters feel knowing that their mother sees them as two impediments instead of two children? Are you serious bitch? The most sacred and precious privilege available to any human being to be a parent. Why am I not surprised that her value system begins with the word selfish and the ends with the word narcissist? This article has definitely changed my viewpoint of the former first lady.

Jo

Great mother!

What kind of a sick person... so close to the mother's day. Incredible lunacy...

Answer: A wretched and bitter person.

This is so sad....listening to a mother saying "my kids ruined my life"...
Being a mother (or a father) should be something beautiful!
Maybe sometimes can be "a demanding job" but you should love your own children. :(
Thanks the response I had several hundred but they were stripped.

Jo

I do not doubt in any way she lives her kids. Some of you are so partisan. The politicians on both sides have you right where they want you. Hating others while the rich laugh all the way to the bank

What must her children think after reading this statement? That they aren't wanted nor valued and that they were a mistake? Does Michelle wish they were never born? What kind of message is that to send?

What must her children think after reading this statement? That they aren't wanted nor valued and that they were a mistake? Does Michelle wish they were never born? What kind of message is that to send?
True. They now could be angry or very disappointed or something like a mix of these two feelings.
Being unwanted is maybe the worst thing for a child :frown:

Mooches is a horrible person. She had the opportunity to be an excellent role model for young African Americans. Instead, she stoked feelings of resentment and entitlement. SAD!

Being a transvestite who wife is a Muslim queer is the real reason "her" life was ruined.

Jo

I watched the show on Netflix.

I don't ever recall her saying her kids ruined her life.

Of course people give up a lot for their kids. I guess either you don't have any or your were selfish and didn't make any sacrifices for your kids. Which I wouldn't be surprised.

You might want to watch the show like I did instead of the bs propaganda you are trying to push now.

Besides, no one cares. Michelle is one of the most beloved First Ladies we have.

Oh but she's black and a democrat so you hate her without even knowing her.

Seriously, what the hell is she talking about? "Concession" implies that she made a sacrifice as a favor to someone else. Who? Her husband? The world, in order to add so much to everyone's existence?

Giving birth to my children certainly limited my choices in life by bringing with them responsibilities and obligations I had to meet. I never thought of it as 'conceding" anything, though. Becoming a parent was a life choice I made, and like all choices in life, it closed some doors and opened others and defined which path I was taking through my future. Again, ALL life choices do that, not just having children.

The only job she ever had was as some director after Barry became a US Senator. When they left for the WH her "job" was eliminated.....they are total phonies and the perpetrators of the biggest scam in the history of the world.

It's always fun to expose lies from you far right wing radical extremists.

It's also fun to show just how down right moronic and jealous you are. Especially of the Obamas.

You WISH you had the work experience Michelle Obama has. Compared to her, you are nothing. You've accomplished nothing and will never accomplish anything. And you're very jealous of it. Especially since she's back. People like you believe people like her should never have the opportunities and accomplishments she has had.

I always enjoy seeing people like you being so jealous of her. Michelle has many impressive accomplishments in her life. You don't. All you do is sit around and post hate on a message board all day long.

Career
Following law school, Obama became an associate at the Chicago office of the law firm Sidley & Austin, where she met her future husband Barack. At the firm, she worked on marketing and intellectual property law.[4] She continues to hold her law license, but as she no longer needs it for her work, she has kept it on a voluntary inactive status since 1993.[74][75]

In 1991, she held public sector positions in the Chicago city government as an Assistant to the Mayor, and as Assistant Commissioner of Planning and Development. In 1993, she became Executive Director for the Chicago office of Public Allies, a non-profit organization encouraging young people to work on social issues in nonprofit groups and government agencies.[26] She worked there nearly four years and set fundraising records for the organization that still stood 12 years after she left.[20] Obama later said that she had never been happier in her life prior to working "to build Public Allies".[76]

In 1996, Obama served as the Associate Dean of Student Services at the University of Chicago, where she developed the University's Community Service Center.[77] In 2002, she began working for the University of Chicago Hospitals, first as executive director for community affairs and, beginning May 2005, as Vice President for Community and External Affairs.[78]

She continued to hold the University of Chicago Hospitals position during the primary campaign of 2008, but cut back to part-time in order to spend time with her daughters as well as work for her husband's election.[79] She subsequently took a leave of absence from her job.[80]

According to the couple's 2006 income tax return, her salary was $273,618 from the University of Chicago Hospitals, while her husband had a salary of $157,082 from the United States Senate. The Obamas' total income was $991,296, which included $51,200 she earned as a member of the board of directors of TreeHouse Foods, and investments and royalties from his books.[81]

Obama served as a salaried board member of TreeHouse Foods, Inc. (NYSE: THS),[82] a major Wal-Mart supplier from shortly after her husband was seated in the Senate until she cut ties shortly after her husband announced his candidacy for the presidency; he criticized Wal-Mart labor policies at an AFL-CIO forum in Trenton, New Jersey, on May 14, 2007.[83] She also served on the board of directors of the Chicago Council on Global Affairs.[84]

Last edited:

Jo
Wow- so you just lied about what Michelle Obama said.

The thing that really changed it was the birth of our children. I wasn’t really ready for that. That really made it harder,” the first lady explained. “Something had to give and it was my aspirations and dreams.”

“I made that concession not because he said ‘you have to quit your job,’ but it felt like ‘I can’t do all of this so I have to tone down my aspirations, I have to dial it back,’” she added.

Not exactly the first professional woman who had to put aside her own professional aspirations in order to support her kids and husband. And if you want to know how her daughters feel about her- you can read about how they gush all over her.

Thank you. I didn't watch the propaganda lies video the OP put up.

I watched Michelles Netflix show the other night. I remember her saying what you posted. I thought at the time that she went through the same thing I went through when my daughter was born. I did what she did. I quit working to raise my child.

Funny, the far right radical extremists have been screaming for decades that is what women should do. Give up their lives to raise their kids. Michelle did it. I did it. Like Michelle I changed my career when I went back to work.

Not once did Michelle say what the OP is claiming she said.

Seriously, what the hell is she talking about? "Concession" implies that she made a sacrifice as a favor to someone else. Who? Her husband? The world, in order to add so much to everyone's existence?

Giving birth to my children certainly limited my choices in life by bringing with them responsibilities and obligations I had to meet. I never thought of it as 'conceding" anything, though. Becoming a parent was a life choice I made, and like all choices in life, it closed some doors and opened others and defined which path I was taking through my future. Again, ALL life choices do that, not just having children.
Apparently Michelle didn’t understand what happens when you have children. How could she be so ignorant?

Apparently Michelle didn’t understand what happens when you have children. How could she be so ignorant?
She had delusions of grandeur.
Still does I Guess.
Jo

Forum List

Back