Michelle Obama "my kids ruined my life "

Those statements are utterly meaningless without the context that they were presented in.

Considering there is less than a mynute chance that anyone nay saying the out of context quotes are actually going to watch Obama talk about herself over an hour (including me) the thread is rather pointless...

I disagree. I don't think there is a context in which you can use the word "concession" and the phrase "cost me dreams" about being a mother and have it be a positive thing.

How is that negative?

She gave up on some of her dreams, to be a parent to her children. That seems to be a positive by it's very nature.

Let's be honest here. Other women in her position, could have hired a nanny to take care of her kids for her. Between 2000 and 2004, the Obama's made an average of $2.4 Million dollars per year. When Obama left office, his net worth was over $40 Million.

Michelle could have said "Man I'm keeping my dreams. I'll hire a nanny, and achieve my goals in life"... and honestly she could have done it.

Instead she decided that kids were more important, and made concessions on what her dreams could have been.

I do not see this as a negative. I just don't.

Explain to me, best you can, why you think this is a negative?
This is an interesting comment by her....

“You know, the day I left the White House, it was painful to sit on that stage, and then a lot of our folks didn’t vote — it was almost a slap in the face,” the former first lady continued.

“It wasn’t just in this election, but every midterm, every time Barack didn’t get the Congress he needed, that was because our folks didn’t show up,” she added. “After all that work, they just couldn’t be bothered to vote at all. That’s my trauma.”

This could mean she is completely out of touch. The people didn’t come out to vote because O failed them and they knew Hillary would too. So, we got Trump because of it.

"Our folks didn't show up". Hmmm. that shows me she thinks of ONLY BLACKS as being her and Barack's kind of people and shows significant and very telling racial prejudice against Non-Blacks, She thinks of the country in terms of SEPARATE Identities. That is absoluty disgusting. Can you imagine a White politician saying that???
I don’t believe that is what she meant. I think she was referring to Democrat voters in total.

You’d think after O lost the Congress in 2010, he would have paid attention to the people. He never did. He continued to focus his attention on the needs of the wealthiest Americans.

Can you, just for the sake of argument.... give me an example of how after 2010, that Obama focused his attention on the needs of the wealthiest Americans?
In everything he did. Bailing big corporations, tax cuts for the rich, multiple wars to enrich the MIC. Huge HC plan that enriched the rich. Shut down Occupy Wall Street. Did nothing for the people of Flint drinking polluted water. It goes on and on but a dishonest media refused to tell the people.

Um... no.

First, OWS was a bunch of stupid people, complaining they engaged in stupid, and then thought the way to protest their own stupidity, was to take over a public park, and make it into an indecent display of poop and filth.

There was not one single valid claim or position by OWS, and even if they did have a valid claim, acting like a bunch of sub-human neanderthals in a public park, is not how you deal with it. If you don't like owing money..... DO NOT BORROW THE MONEY.

Second, It's not Obama's job to fix every smelly public toilet, or every trash dump, or every road, or every water utility in the country.

I am so sick and tired of this new modern "american" todderism, where every supposedly adult human being, sits on their hands, screaming that mommy government, needs to bring her tits over, so they can suck everything you need to fix their lives out of her.

FIx your own freakin water! Your town, your city, your local government, and your tax dollars. FIX YOUR OWN WATER. Stop being a 5-year-old with a temper tantrum when you supposed to be an adult. FIX YOUR OWN PROBLEMS. You would think every adult American, needs a government assigned wet-nurse, with how you people are acting. GROW UP.

Third, yes Obama made a terrible health care plan, that was more socialized and government control than ever before, and like all socialized systems it sucks.

However, complaining the rich got rich off it? Really? Let me ask you, would you supply health care if you lost money doing so? Hint: No, you would not.

There is only one way people are going to supply health care products and services.... that's if they can get rich doing it. If your complaint is "people got rich off it", then you have no complaint, because you yourself would not be providing care for free, and losing money. So why would you expect anyone else to?

Same thing with wars. I would agree we should either have completely invaded Syria, or completely stayed out of Syria. But if your complaint is that it enriched the "military industrial complex"... grow up. People don't build weapons without profit, and the government would be buying those weapons, whether we went to war or not.

Believe it or not, but things need repaired, and need replaced, even if you don't use them. Even missiles have a shelf life.

Fifth, tax cuts for the rich? I'm not sure what you are referring to, but if you mean extending the Bush tax cuts.... that's not the same thing as tax cut. Basically he didn't raise taxes.

And by the way, I myself got a tax cut from the Bush tax cuts. I guess me and my massive $20K income at the time, means I'm part of the rich. I suppose in your world, raising taxes on me, would have.... what? Helped the economy? Learn some economics?

Conclusion:

Obama was a terrible president, with very bad policies. But this idea that he was "for the wealthy" or something.... yeah.... Um... no.
That’s hilarious. O was a terrible fraud and terribly corrupt. He was all about enriching his wealthy donors. That is what Obamacare was all about. He saw oversaw five million Americans lose their homes, but he made the banks bigger and more powerful. He made W’s tax cuts for the rich permanent. He gave huge sums to the MIC.

Oh I agree. He was clearly a terrible president. And possible a fraud. And certainly all democrats are about enriching their political supporters.

He had nothing to do with Americans losing their homes. The people who lost their homes, lost their homes because they got mortgages they could not afford.

Remember, Obama specifically supported sub-prime loans. Which is why more people got mortgages on homes. Which is why, when the party ended, those people who had no business buying a house, lost it.

So that I won't blame on him entirely (except for the fact he promoted that).

He gave huge sums to the MIC.

Good. Remember the US defense is in fact the one single purpose of the Federal Government.

He made W’s tax cuts for the rich permanent.

I got a tax cut from that. I guess $20K is rich in your world.

He was all about enriching his wealthy donors.

Did you vote for Hillary? Because Bill Clinton did the same thing in 1993. Go read about Bill Clinton's stimulus package.

Those statements are utterly meaningless without the context that they were presented in.

Considering there is less than a mynute chance that anyone nay saying the out of context quotes are actually going to watch Obama talk about herself over an hour (including me) the thread is rather pointless...

I disagree. I don't think there is a context in which you can use the word "concession" and the phrase "cost me dreams" about being a mother and have it be a positive thing.

How is that negative?

She gave up on some of her dreams, to be a parent to her children. That seems to be a positive by it's very nature.

Let's be honest here. Other women in her position, could have hired a nanny to take care of her kids for her. Between 2000 and 2004, the Obama's made an average of $2.4 Million dollars per year. When Obama left office, his net worth was over $40 Million.

Michelle could have said "Man I'm keeping my dreams. I'll hire a nanny, and achieve my goals in life"... and honestly she could have done it.

Instead she decided that kids were more important, and made concessions on what her dreams could have been.

“You know, the day I left the White House, it was painful to sit on that stage, and then a lot of our folks didn’t vote — it was almost a slap in the face,” the former first lady continued.

“It wasn’t just in this election, but every midterm, every time Barack didn’t get the Congress he needed, that was because our folks didn’t show up,” she added. “After all that work, they just couldn’t be bothered to vote at all. That’s my trauma.”

This could mean she is completely out of touch. The people didn’t come out to vote because O failed them and they knew Hillary would too. So, we got Trump because of it.

"Our folks didn't show up". Hmmm. that shows me she thinks of ONLY BLACKS as being her and Barack's kind of people and shows significant and very telling racial prejudice against Non-Blacks, She thinks of the country in terms of SEPARATE Identities. That is absoluty disgusting. Can you imagine a White politician saying that???
I don’t believe that is what she meant. I think she was referring to Democrat voters in total.

You’d think after O lost the Congress in 2010, he would have paid attention to the people. He never did. He continued to focus his attention on the needs of the wealthiest Americans.

Can you, just for the sake of argument.... give me an example of how after 2010, that Obama focused his attention on the needs of the wealthiest Americans?
In everything he did. Bailing big corporations, tax cuts for the rich, multiple wars to enrich the MIC. Huge HC plan that enriched the rich. Shut down Occupy Wall Street. Did nothing for the people of Flint drinking polluted water. It goes on and on but a dishonest media refused to tell the people.

Um... no.

First, OWS was a bunch of stupid people, complaining they engaged in stupid, and then thought the way to protest their own stupidity, was to take over a public park, and make it into an indecent display of poop and filth.

There was not one single valid claim or position by OWS, and even if they did have a valid claim, acting like a bunch of sub-human neanderthals in a public park, is not how you deal with it. If you don't like owing money..... DO NOT BORROW THE MONEY.

Second, It's not Obama's job to fix every smelly public toilet, or every trash dump, or every road, or every water utility in the country.

I am so sick and tired of this new modern "american" todderism, where every supposedly adult human being, sits on their hands, screaming that mommy government, needs to bring her tits over, so they can suck everything you need to fix their lives out of her.

FIx your own freakin water! Your town, your city, your local government, and your tax dollars. FIX YOUR OWN WATER. Stop being a 5-year-old with a temper tantrum when you supposed to be an adult. FIX YOUR OWN PROBLEMS. You would think every adult American, needs a government assigned wet-nurse, with how you people are acting. GROW UP.

Third, yes Obama made a terrible health care plan, that was more socialized and government control than ever before, and like all socialized systems it sucks.

However, complaining the rich got rich off it? Really? Let me ask you, would you supply health care if you lost money doing so? Hint: No, you would not.

There is only one way people are going to supply health care products and services.... that's if they can get rich doing it. If your complaint is "people got rich off it", then you have no complaint, because you yourself would not be providing care for free, and losing money. So why would you expect anyone else to?

Same thing with wars. I would agree we should either have completely invaded Syria, or completely stayed out of Syria. But if your complaint is that it enriched the "military industrial complex"... grow up. People don't build weapons without profit, and the government would be buying those weapons, whether we went to war or not.

Believe it or not, but things need repaired, and need replaced, even if you don't use them. Even missiles have a shelf life.

Fifth, tax cuts for the rich? I'm not sure what you are referring to, but if you mean extending the Bush tax cuts.... that's not the same thing as tax cut. Basically he didn't raise taxes.

And by the way, I myself got a tax cut from the Bush tax cuts. I guess me and my massive $20K income at the time, means I'm part of the rich. I suppose in your world, raising taxes on me, would have.... what? Helped the economy? Learn some economics?

Conclusion:

Obama was a terrible president, with very bad policies. But this idea that he was "for the wealthy" or something.... yeah.... Um... no.
That’s hilarious. O was a terrible fraud and terribly corrupt. He was all about enriching his wealthy donors. That is what Obamacare was all about. He saw oversaw five million Americans lose their homes, but he made the banks bigger and more powerful. He made W’s tax cuts for the rich permanent. He gave huge sums to the MIC.

Oh I agree. He was clearly a terrible president. And possible a fraud. And certainly all democrats are about enriching their political supporters.

He had nothing to do with Americans losing their homes. The people who lost their homes, lost their homes because they got mortgages they could not afford.

Remember, Obama specifically supported sub-prime loans. Which is why more people got mortgages on homes. Which is why, when the party ended, those people who had no business buying a house, lost it.

Good. Remember the US defense is in fact the one single purpose of the Federal Government.

Did you vote for Hillary? Because Bill Clinton did the same thing in 1993. Go read about Bill Clinton's stimulus package.
We won’t agree.

How is that negative?

Um... no.

Conclusion:

You like Trump but dislike Ears. Yet they govern similarly. They enrich the rich at the expense of the rest. They love imperialism and massive war making budgets, to enrich the MIC. They both offer socialism to big corporations but tough capitalism to the poor and middle class.

So when is someone going to nominate her for mother of the year? She was already anointed a beautiful Black woman and that's definitely a stretch.

How is that negative?

Um... no.

Conclusion:

You like Trump but dislike Ears. Yet they govern similarly. They enrich the rich at the expense of the rest. They love imperialism and massive war making budgets, to enrich the MIC. They both offer socialism to big corporations but tough capitalism to the poor and middle class.

I am against all socialism. That includes bailouts for GM, or bailouts for home owners, or food stamps, or green energy grants, or welfare or social security.

One of the problems between you and me, is that I look at the broad picture, and you seem to have selective awareness. Nearly 2/3rds of the entire Federal Budget, is socialist entitlements that go to all people.

But then you come on here, and say absolutely unsupportable ridiculous crap, like "tough capitalism for the poor and middle class".

You grow up. Socialism is throughout all the public, and it sucks. Just because socialism sucks, doesn't mean it isn't happening for the poor and middle class.

Lastly, there is no such thing as too big corporations. That's mythology made up by socialist left-wingers to justify giving out money to their supporters.

So when is someone going to nominate her for mother of the year? She was already anointed a beautiful Black woman and that's definitely a stretch.

So I had to look that up, and sure enough there is a list of most beautiful black women... and Michelle was number 1.

......... how these people lost their minds.............?

I can think of dozens, and Michelle could not possibly on a list with any of them.

How is that negative?

Um... no.

Conclusion:

I am against all socialism. That includes bailouts for GM, or bailouts for home owners, or food stamps, or green energy grants, or welfare or social security.

One of the problems between you and me, is that I look at the broad picture, and you seem to have selective awareness. Nearly 2/3rds of the entire Federal Budget, is socialist entitlements that go to all people.

But then you come on here, and say absolutely unsupportable ridiculous crap, like "tough capitalism for the poor and middle class".

You grow up. Socialism is throughout all the public, and it sucks. Just because socialism sucks, doesn't mean it isn't happening for the poor and middle class.

Lastly, there is no such thing as too big corporations. That's mythology made up by socialist left-wingers to justify giving out money to their supporters.
The rich get socialism in a big way and we pay for it. It’s a racket the Mafia can only dream of.

Michelle had 24 aides. Trump's wife has 4 aides. Michelle even had her mother living at the White House taking care of the kids. Michelle is/was a kept women. She has done so very little but is promoted as one we just could not live without.

How is that negative?

Um... no.

Conclusion:

The rich get socialism in a big way and we pay for it. It’s a racket the Mafia can only dream of.
Stop voting for socialists then.
I voted against every single politicians who supported the bailouts, and I voted against every politician that supported the Obama stimulus.

not surprisingly nearly all, with a few exceptions, were Democrat left-wingers.

Stop supporting those people.

So I had to look that up, and sure enough there is a list of most beautiful black women... and Michelle was number 1.

......... how these people lost their minds.............?

I can think of dozens, and Michelle could not possibly on a list with any of them.
The hero worship is sicking with the Obamas. Not really all that different from the many Trump supporters though.

Didn't Obama comment something about if his daughters got pregnant he would want them to have the choice of an abortion so they wouldn't have to be burdened with children...or something like that.

Up till now I have always defended the ex-president's wife as a person who received a tremendous amount of criticism she never asked for. I never thought the negative media coverage of her was ever appropriate or called for. Even her stupid statement about being proud of her country for the first time in her adult life really didn't phase me all that much I took it more or less with a grain of salt considering the source. But the above link of her expressing regret about being a mother is one of the most hideous attacks on two living children I have ever seen in a public venue. I wonder how her two daughters feel knowing that their mother sees them as two impediments instead of two children? Are you serious bitch? The most sacred and precious privilege available to any human being to be a parent. Why am I not surprised that her value system begins with the word selfish and the ends with the word narcissist? This article has definitely changed my viewpoint of the former first lady.

Jo

And beyond this, she is anti-American as she said herself that she is not proud of America.
Tell this to the survivor's of Omaha Beach and their relatives.
I am never disappointed by the Obama haters who lie about what the First Lady said.

She actually said she is proud of America- but you Obama haters can always be relied upon to lie about her

For the first time in my adult lifetime, I’m really proud of my country

Which I find no more disturbing than Trump telling America that America was not great anymore- and saying he wanted to make America great again.

Up till now I have always defended the ex-president's wife as a person who received a tremendous amount of criticism she never asked for. I never thought the negative media coverage of her was ever appropriate or called for. Even her stupid statement about being proud of her country for the first time in her adult life really didn't phase me all that much I took it more or less with a grain of salt considering the source. But the above link of her expressing regret about being a mother is one of the most hideous attacks on two living children I have ever seen in a public venue. I wonder how her two daughters feel knowing that their mother sees them as two impediments instead of two children? Are you serious bitch? The most sacred and precious privilege available to any human being to be a parent. Why am I not surprised that her value system begins with the word selfish and the ends with the word narcissist? This article has definitely changed my viewpoint of the former first lady.

Jo

Not so much.

She said it was a concession, and that she had to sacrifice her dreams.

On that end, I wish I could tell everyone everywhere that message. Life has trade offs. You can't have everything you want.

I've seen high end elite, that sacrificed their entire families, to get their high end careers.

I've known women that got the high paying engineering job, and they lose their husband, and their kids don't like them, and they are complete wrecks by the time they are in their 40s.

So you seem to be imparting some sort of negative to response, when in reality what Michelle is saying is that she realized she simply couldn't have everything she wanted, and also have the children she wanted.

She understood that she had to make a trade off somewhere. And she did. She gave up on some of her dreams, to have a decent family.

That actually speaks well of her. I wish all women that got that concept.

Honestly, I was way more amused by her blaming black people.

Wow. This is like Hillary blaming women. I love it.

Amazing how quickly left-wingers blame everyone but themselves for their failures.

Never once even crossed their minds, that maybe not every black person wanted endless socialism. Maybe not everyone wanted their race baiting talk. Maybe stirring up racial tension after decades of decline, wasn't the best winning combination.

Nope nope nope... like all psychotic left-wingers.... it was their fault... those people who supported me, it's all their fault!

*rolls eyes*

So predictable.

Don't know why you're trying to whitewash it. Read carefully, she says nothing about the trade off being " worth it" only that she was held back by parenthood. Disgusting actually.

Jo

Nothing disgusting at all about what she said.

Except to you whacko Obama haters.

Forum List

Back