🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Michigan Audit Lawsuit Tossed Out of Court on a Motion to Dismiss

This is so damn tiring, and it's tiring because it's a completely unnecessary waste of time. Having said that, I get the impression that these unwarranted lawsuits are going to continue for one reason and one reason only: To appease the ego of a man who refuses to face reality.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Michigan Judge Flatly Rejects ‘Last of the Lawsuits Attempting to Undermine Democracy’ in Big Loss for Trump Fans Who Believed an Audit Would Show Fraud​

A judge in Michigan dismissed a lawsuit on Monday that was recently promoted by former president Donald Trump as a “major” case.

The lawsuit, which aimed to force a new audit of the 2020 presidential election results in Antrim County, apparently wasn’t strong enough to live past a motion to dismiss filed by Michigan’s secretary of state and the Antrim County clerk’s office.

Thirteenth Circuit Court Judge Kevin Elsenheimer ruled that the lawsuit filed by Michigan resident Bill Bailey lacks the legal grounds to move forward due to a statewide post-election audit that finished up in March, according to Cadillac-based CBS affiliate WWTV.

“There is no right, either in the constitutional section, or in the statute, for the independent audit that Mr. Bailey seeks as a petitioner under article 2 section 4,” the court noted. “The plaintiff does not get to choose his own audit criteria, rather the legislature is given that authority. So while a citizen may seek to audit the results of the statewide election, it must do so according to the law. That law provides for performance of the audit by the Secretary of State. There is no other relief available to the plaintiff on this point.”

According to the outlet, Bailey originally filed his lawsuit in order to take stock of a marijuana-related ballot measure that came down to a close recount. Pro-Trump forces later attached themselves to the effort, and the litigation became something of a cause célèbre among the most diehard MAGA loyalists, who largely and erroneously believe the 2020 election was stolen. There is no evidence of widespread voter or electoral fraud during the election, and Trump himself actually won Antrim County.

Determining that Bailey’s claims were moot, the judge noted the audit had already been conducted.

“I am saying that, as pled, the plaintiff’s request for an audit is not available,” Elsenheimer said. “[An audit] did occur and it appears to have been done so pursuant to authority.”

Your realiity involves the fact you want people to accept a stolen election. That is not reality. It is not going to happen.
I only want people to accept reality. Unfortunately, sometimes it's a bummer.
You are the bummer. Hating America is not cool and that is what you are supporting.
The only thing I hate as far as this subject is concerned is willful ignorance.

You see, general ignorance can be overcome with education assuming that the person is willing to learn. But a person who suffers from willful ignorance simply refuses to accept information that is not to his liking and therefore declares it to be untrue.

I just never expected to experience it in such large numbers in 21st century America unless it was a scientific discovery of some kind that was beyond the comprehension of people who didn't have an advanced degree in a discipline like physics as an example.
The willful ignorance, like the conspiracies, are all yours.
It's funny that you should say that. When I found the story, I noticed that the case was thrown out of court on a motion to dismiss. I'm not sure if you're aware of exactly what that is. It's a motion that's usually, but not always, made by the defense at the very beginning of a lawsuit when the defense believes a number of requirements for the lawsuit to proceed have not been met. So, if the motion to dismiss is granted, the plaintiff has failed to meet the minimum requirements for the lawsuit to proceed. That means the lawsuit never should have been brought before the court in the first place.

The reason I bring this up is because conservatives are basically dismissing any and all decisions that the courts have made because they're not to the liking of conservatives. The latest one where people are arguing that evidence has been presented, but the judges have refused to look at it is nothing short of a rejection of the courts findings just like conservatives are rejecting the election counts and subsequent audits and recounts.

This is little different than going through life refusing to accept anything as real if you don't like it. But I can't help but ask myself a question. If you were driving down the road, and your engine light came on, would you ignore it just because you don't like the idea of having to take your vehicle in to get it checked because you don't feel like you can afford a big repair bill. Well, as anyone knows, an engine light coming on could simply mean that you're low on oil, but continuing to drive your vehicle while ignoring the engine light may mean that the engine would seize up on you.

All I can tell you is that you guys are delusional as all get out if you think everyone else in the country is going to willingly turn their backs on truth and reality just so you can get your own way, and it's completely unrealistic to expect it to happen.
Is that anything like the trump impeachments?

This is so damn tiring, and it's tiring because it's a completely unnecessary waste of time. Having said that, I get the impression that these unwarranted lawsuits are going to continue for one reason and one reason only: To appease the ego of a man who refuses to face reality.

Michigan Judge Flatly Rejects ‘Last of the Lawsuits Attempting to Undermine Democracy’ in Big Loss for Trump Fans Who Believed an Audit Would Show Fraud​

A judge in Michigan dismissed a lawsuit on Monday that was recently promoted by former president Donald Trump as a “major” case.

The lawsuit, which aimed to force a new audit of the 2020 presidential election results in Antrim County, apparently wasn’t strong enough to live past a motion to dismiss filed by Michigan’s secretary of state and the Antrim County clerk’s office.

Thirteenth Circuit Court Judge Kevin Elsenheimer ruled that the lawsuit filed by Michigan resident Bill Bailey lacks the legal grounds to move forward due to a statewide post-election audit that finished up in March, according to Cadillac-based CBS affiliate WWTV.

“There is no right, either in the constitutional section, or in the statute, for the independent audit that Mr. Bailey seeks as a petitioner under article 2 section 4,” the court noted. “The plaintiff does not get to choose his own audit criteria, rather the legislature is given that authority. So while a citizen may seek to audit the results of the statewide election, it must do so according to the law. That law provides for performance of the audit by the Secretary of State. There is no other relief available to the plaintiff on this point.”

According to the outlet, Bailey originally filed his lawsuit in order to take stock of a marijuana-related ballot measure that came down to a close recount. Pro-Trump forces later attached themselves to the effort, and the litigation became something of a cause célèbre among the most diehard MAGA loyalists, who largely and erroneously believe the 2020 election was stolen. There is no evidence of widespread voter or electoral fraud during the election, and Trump himself actually won Antrim County.

Determining that Bailey’s claims were moot, the judge noted the audit had already been conducted.

“I am saying that, as pled, the plaintiff’s request for an audit is not available,” Elsenheimer said. “[An audit] did occur and it appears to have been done so pursuant to authority.”

Your realiity involves the fact you want people to accept a stolen election. That is not reality. It is not going to happen.
You are the bummer. Hating America is not cool and that is what you are supporting.

You see, general ignorance can be overcome with education assuming that the person is willing to learn. But a person who suffers from willful ignorance simply refuses to accept information that is not to his liking and therefore declares it to be untrue.

I just never expected to experience it in such large numbers in 21st century America unless it was a scientific discovery of some kind that was beyond the comprehension of people who didn't have an advanced degree in a discipline like physics as an example.
It's funny that you should say that. When I found the story, I noticed that the case was thrown out of court on a motion to dismiss. I'm not sure if you're aware of exactly what that is. It's a motion that's usually, but not always, made by the defense at the very beginning of a lawsuit when the defense believes a number of requirements for the lawsuit to proceed have not been met. So, if the motion to dismiss is granted, the plaintiff has failed to meet the minimum requirements for the lawsuit to proceed. That means the lawsuit never should have been brought before the court in the first place.

The reason I bring this up is because conservatives are basically dismissing any and all decisions that the courts have made because they're not to the liking of conservatives. The latest one where people are arguing that evidence has been presented, but the judges have refused to look at it is nothing short of a rejection of the courts findings just like conservatives are rejecting the election counts and subsequent audits and recounts.

This is little different than going through life refusing to accept anything as real if you don't like it. But I can't help but ask myself a question. If you were driving down the road, and your engine light came on, would you ignore it just because you don't like the idea of having to take your vehicle in to get it checked because you don't feel like you can afford a big repair bill. Well, as anyone knows, an engine light coming on could simply mean that you're low on oil, but continuing to drive your vehicle while ignoring the engine light may mean that the engine would seize up on you.

All I can tell you is that you guys are delusional as all get out if you think everyone else in the country is going to willingly turn their backs on truth and reality just so you can get your own way, and it's completely unrealistic to expect it to happen.
Is that anything like the trump impeachments?
The Trump Impeachments always struck me as self-inflicted wounds.

Rubber Glue? That's the best you've got?

Who's in the WH now?

Your unwillingness to accept reality doesn't make it any less real.
Just being in the WH does not make him legitimate. The election was stolen.
I think your frontal lobe was stolen. I suggest that you get an x-ray of your head.
Nothing missing here.
Well, then stop cleaning out your ears with the stretched out hooks of coat hangers cuz I think your pushing it in too far.
I do not care what you think. You have been wrong so often there is no point in considering the garbage propaganda and lies you believe.

Cult members gonna cult.

Rubber Glue? That's the best you've got?
I mentioned neither, it seems that is what, and all, you have, not me.

Cult members gonna cult.
Yes they are, and you two are shining examples.

Cult members gonna cult.

I think most kids go through an experience where they think that can cover up their own failure by accusing others of cheating. "OK, Donny, I understand. The only reason you lost is because half the class was cheating. Now, sit down and shut up before I put on on time out."
Most kids learn the can't get their way by throwing a fit. Some don't.

Cult members gonna cult.

I think most kids go through an experience where they think that can cover up their own failure by accusing others of cheating. "OK, Donny, I understand. The only reason you lost is because half the class was cheating. Now, sit down and shut up before I put on on time out."
The people throwing a fit are the ones trying to stop the audits. Next.

Cult members gonna cult.

Of course. Half the country was in on a conspiracy to steal the Presidency away from Trump by voting him out of office. I feel your pain.

As with many other lawsuits regarding fraud in the 2020 election, this case was dismissed due to a lack of standing, as the judge noted. It in no way indicates one way or the other whether or not the case has merit. The legislature can do that, but a private citizen cannot.

Cult members gonna cult.

Of course. Half the country was in on a conspiracy to steal the Presidency away from Trump by voting him out of office. I feel your pain.
The conspiracy to defraud Trump had all kinds of people. Half the country thinks the election was stolen and no one is changing their mind. You keep lying, no one but the other liars are listening.

"Half the country was in on a conspiracy to steal the Presidency away from Trump by voting him out of office."

The unfortunate thing about all this is that regardless of what the truth really is, those on the Left do not understand the need for this country to trust it's government and the election process. The shoe was on the other foot in 2016 when it was they who believed (or claimed) the election was stolen, which lead to the whole Russian Collusion investigation. But it's always different when the other party wins, isn't it? They kept the investigation in the news nearly everyday, with claims of "incontrovertible evidence" and "imminent indictments of the president and/or his campaign".

So, we have reached the stage where personal and political bias exists to such an extent where half the country does not trust the election process, no matter who wins the losing side will scream 'Foul'! The last time we did a thorough and expensive investigation, so I see no reason why we shouldn't do the same thing this time. It was okay to take the time and money when the democrats lost, right? So why not this time when they won? It's not like there aren't over a thousand allegations out there of misconduct. It's not like polls and surveys indicate that almost half the country has doubts about the accuracy and results. Or are we to employ a double standard here, investigate the hell out of a GOP victory but not the Dems when they win?

Cult members gonna cult.

The conspiracy to defraud Trump had all kinds of people. Half the country thinks the election was stolen and no one is changing their mind. You keep lying, no one but the other liars are listening.
It's not half the country.

How many of those Capitol rioters have gotten caught because they couldn't keep their mouths shut? The point is this: Human beings. in general, are notorious for not being able to keep a secret. So, you believe that there's potentially thousands of people who conspired to steal the election from Trump, and nobody has come forward to spill the beans? How about spouses and best friends? How about someone who just happens to overhear a conversation about the fraud? How about someone who hears a voice message, or intercepts and email, or finds a note about it? Nada! Do you know what the most likely explanation for that is? There was no fraud!

Cult members gonna cult.

Yeah, it was a conspiracy of millions of voters legally filling out their ballots while thinking about almost 4 years of Trump's divisiveness.

Cult members gonna cult.

It's not half the country.

How many of those Capitol rioters have gotten caught because they couldn't keep their mouths shut? The point is this: Human beings. in general, are notorious for not being able to keep a secret. So, you believe that there's potentially thousands of people who conspired to steal the election from Trump, and nobody has come forward to spill the beans? How about spouses and best friends? How about someone who just happens to overhear a conversation about the fraud? How about someone who hears a voice message, or intercepts and email, or finds a note about it? Nada! Do you know what the most likely explanation for that is? There was no fraud!
It is not half the country? Can you prove that? There is not one credible news outlet or poll that can.

The Judge is correct, the MI Legislature MUST order this!

Forum List

Back