Microsoft Edge Voted Top Web Browser

Ringel05

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2009
Duke City
For downloading other web browsers..........
Microsoft's new web browser edged out the previous champion, Internet Explorer, for the title. The study found that as soon as you get a new computer, the first thing you do is download another web browser using the new and improved Microsoft Edge.

According to the study, the most popular searches on Microsoft Edge are "Download Google Chrome," "Download Firefox," "Download Brave," and "please give me any other browser but this one." Once the other browser is downloaded, Microsoft Edge is never used again except when you accidentally click on it or your grandmother borrows your computer.

Microsoft Edge Voted Top Web Browser For Downloading Other Web Browsers

Sooooooo true!!!! :rofl:

It is funny.... for years upon getting a new computer at the business or setting a family member up etc. One of the first things I did was open up IE and download Firefox, and then remove the IE from the taskbar/screen.

It is funny.... for years upon getting a new computer at the business or setting a family member up etc. One of the first things I did was open up IE and download Firefox, and then remove the IE from the taskbar/screen.
iu

Opera is still my favorite ....using forever pc

Opera was also first on pre android and apple phones

It worked really well to

It worked really well to

Going way back to the RedHat days pre-Fedora, Opera was pretty much the only choice that worked on Linux. There were plenty of others but they had so many bugs. Opera "just worked". So Opera was what I used on Linux for some time.
But, personally, I never really liked the interface. Once FireFox came into the scene, that was it. I used Firefox on both Linux and Windoze for a looong time. Until FF got to the point of being so bloated and even a bigger resource hog than IE.
Right now I use Brave. It works well, and uses 1/4 the memory as FF.

It worked really well to

Going way back to the RedHat days pre-Fedora, Opera was pretty much the only choice that worked on Linux. There were plenty of others but they had so many bugs. Opera "just worked". So Opera was what I used on Linux for some time.
But, personally, I never really liked the interface. Once FireFox came into the scene, that was it. I used Firefox on both Linux and Windoze for a looong time. Until FF got to the point of being so bloated and even a bigger resource hog than IE.
Right now I use Brave. It works well, and uses 1/4 the memory as FF.
What's funny is I've been doing some research on current browser comparisons (benchmarks, etc) and believe it or not the new Chromium Edge is flying up there with the big boys. Granted Edge has a loooooong way to go to overcome IEs negative reputation but like most everything I'm willing to give it a shot and see for myself what's up. Who knows, Microsoft may have finally got something right........ :D

Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Opera, or Safari: Which Browser Is Best?

How to use Edge’s tools to protect your privacy while browsing

Forum List

Back