middle class, educated and hungry

so double the property taxes, that makes $13,400 or triple it to $20,100. which is still nowhere near $100k. i wasnt trying to claim the website as exactly accurate, it was simply to dispel the notion of $100k in property taxes.

i never said someone should follow MSNBC's "rules" for buying food. i posted several examples of a family of 5 spending less than $1000 per month on food. i mean OMG how does a family of 5 living on $80,000 a year afford to eat by your logic? they make 3 times less than our mythical $250k earner. do you think that have the means to spend $1000 a month every month on food?

you keep using the food argument with no response to a $1M home, 2 SUV's and 3 kids. you make it sound like these people are somehow poor and need more help.

I'm not saying they are Poor; I'm disputing your class warfare nonsense that they are The Rich.

A breakdown direct taxes on a two earner $250,000 income

Federal Income Taxes - $32,000
State Income Tax - $11,000
FICA/Medicare- $15,300
Property Tax - $9,000
Sales Tax- $2,000
Gasoline Tax - $2,000
Phone Tax - $300
AMT hit -$1,300

This totals $73K of direct taxes, 29% of their total income. The indirect taxation buried in everything they purchase drives the total up to approximately 40% of their income. For a reality check - total Government Spending as a % of GDP is now 45%.

Thinking that such a family can be bled further is nonsense. They are the ones who are quitting with piano lessons for their kids.

did you even read my post where i assumed a 25% tax bracket which then led to $187,500 in after tax income? this in turn is approx $15,625 per month after tax. which is what i based everything upon.

you cant claim half of what they pay in the income tax bracket:

Sales Tax- $2,000
Gasoline Tax - $2,000
Phone Tax - $300

nor did you take into account any deductions for children, marriage or interest deduction. by your mythical logic if i included sales tax, gas tax, phone tax and every other tax on consumer good, id probably be paying 50% of my income to taxes.

so take the $4300 out of your equation and you get 27% marginal tax rate before deductions. nice voodoo math

What exactly is your poiint? I think I know what it is, but I want to hear you say it.

so double the property taxes, that makes $13,400 or triple it to $20,100. which is still nowhere near $100k. i wasnt trying to claim the website as exactly accurate, it was simply to dispel the notion of $100k in property taxes.

i never said someone should follow MSNBC's "rules" for buying food. i posted several examples of a family of 5 spending less than $1000 per month on food. i mean OMG how does a family of 5 living on $80,000 a year afford to eat by your logic? they make 3 times less than our mythical $250k earner. do you think that have the means to spend $1000 a month every month on food?

you keep using the food argument with no response to a $1M home, 2 SUV's and 3 kids. you make it sound like these people are somehow poor and need more help.

I'm not saying they are Poor; I'm disputing your class warfare nonsense that they are The Rich.

FICA/Medicare- $15,300
Property Tax - $9,000
Sales Tax- $2,000
Gasoline Tax - $2,000
Phone Tax - $300
AMT hit -$1,300

This totals $73K of direct taxes, 29% of their total income. The indirect taxation buried in everything they purchase drives the total up to approximately 40% of their income. For a reality check - total Government Spending as a % of GDP is now 45%.

Thinking that such a family can be bled further is nonsense. They are the ones who are quitting with piano lessons for their kids.

did you even read my post where i assumed a 25% tax bracket which then led to $187,500 in after tax income? this in turn is approx $15,625 per month after tax. which is what i based everything upon.

Sales Tax- $2,000
Gasoline Tax - $2,000
Phone Tax - $300

nor did you take into account any deductions for children, marriage or interest deduction. by your mythical logic if i included sales tax, gas tax, phone tax and every other tax on consumer good, id probably be paying 50% of my income to taxes.

so take the $4300 out of your equation and you get 27% marginal tax rate before deductions. nice voodoo math

The Federal and State tax estimates are net after allowed deductions. I'd still like to hear your explanation of how these people are supposed to save for retirement or education. Most likely, given the sorry state of public schools, they spend $$30-$40K per year on private school for the three kids. (And note that these mythical Rich people don't even have a vacation each year).

Get back to us after you've graduated and have a real job.

Last edited:

FICA/Medicare- $15,300
Property Tax - $9,000
Sales Tax- $2,000
Gasoline Tax - $2,000
Phone Tax - $300
AMT hit -$1,300

Sales Tax- $2,000
Gasoline Tax - $2,000
Phone Tax - $300

You're also missing out on any savings for retirement or education. And these mythical Rich people don't even have a vacation each year.

Yep. My first *actual* week-long vacation was for my 40th birthday. Left the state and everything.

Food stamps offer best stimulus - study - Jan. 29, 2008

This is how the so called Christain party reacts to hungry people at Christmas time.

No compassion added with no logic
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca_MEJmuzMM[/ame]

Long-haired preachers come out every night,
Try to tell you what's wrong and what's right;
But when asked how 'bout something to eat
They will answer in voices so sweet

Chorus
You will eat, by and by,
In that glorious land above the sky;
Work and pray, live on hay,
You'll get pie in the sky when you die

And the Starvation Army, they play,
And they sing and they clap and they pray,
Till they get all your coin on the drum,
Then they tell you when you're on the bum

(Chorus)

Holy Rollers and Jumpers come out
And they holler, they jump and they shout
Give your money to Jesus, they say,
He will cure all diseases today

(Chorus)

If you fight hard for children and wife-
Try to get something good in this life-
You're a sinner and bad man, they tell,
When you die you will sure go to hell.

(Chorus)

Workingmen of all countries, unite
Side by side we for freedom will fight
When the world and its wealth we have gained
To the grafters we'll sing this refrain

Chorus (modified)
You will eat, by and by,
When you've learned how to cook and how to fry;
Chop some wood, 'twill do you good
Then you'll eat in the sweet by and by

You will eat [You will eat] by and by [by and by]
In that glorious land above the sky [Way up high]
Work and pray [Work and pray] live on hay [live on hay]
You'll get pie in the sky when you die [That's a lie!]

You will eat [You will eat] by and by [by and by]
When you've learned how to cook and how to fry [How to fry]
Chop some wood [Chop some wood], 'twill do you good [do you good]
Then you'll eat in the sweet by and by [That's no lie]

Sales Tax- $2,000
Gasoline Tax - $2,000
Phone Tax - $300

You're also missing out on any savings for retirement or education. And these mythical Rich people don't even have a vacation each year.

Yep. My first *actual* week-long vacation was for my 40th birthday. Left the state and everything.

Quit acting like these people need our help and are suffering. i support myself on a 3rd of that income and have plenty of disposable income and can manage to take a vacation every year. i also manage to save for retirement. wow its amazing what one can do with a little bit of fiscal responsibility. and i didnt even need $15k a month to do it.

Quit acting like these people need our help and are suffering. i support myself on a 3rd of that income and have plenty of disposable income and can manage to take a vacation every year. i also manage to save for retirement. wow its amazing what one can do with a little bit of fiscal responsibility. and i didnt even need $15k a month to do it.

What's with you and spouting constant lies? Where did I say they need help? Again, for those of you that are completely illiterate, I said "THEY'RE NOT RICH BY ANY DEFINITION." They're still required to put forth the same fiscal responsibility you claim you do. They don't just get to drop $500 any time they want to on anything they want to.

Trust you can read THAT?

You sad little booby. None of us said they need our help.

What we've said is that they don't deserve to be punished with higher taxes just because they have managed to earn a decent income.

Good for you. Now, if it wouldn't be too much trouble, quit worrying about how much money everybody else spends or doesn't spend.

In other words... MIND YOUR OWN FUCKING BUSINESS.

What we've said is that they don't deserve to be punished with higher taxes just because they have managed to earn a decent income.

no they shouldnt just be rewarded with a marginal tax rate lower than that of someone who makes 1/3 of what they do. :clap2:

we do not pay high taxes in the US:

Tax bills in 2009 at lowest level since 1950 - USATODAY.com

"Federal, state and local income taxes consumed 9.2% of all personal income in 2009, the lowest rate since 1950"

no they shouldnt just be rewarded with a marginal tax rate lower than that of someone who makes 1/3 of what they do. :clap2:

"Federal, state and local income taxes consumed 9.2% of all personal income in 2009, the lowest rate since 1950"

Now we get to the crux of it all..... ENVY and JEALOUSY.

How pathetic. Who did this to you?

They don't have a lower marginal tax rate than someone making 1/3 of what they do.

They have a 33% marginal federal tax rate, a 10% marginal state tax rate in CA, plus 1.45% for Medicare and a loss of deductions due to AMT.

Learn some math, you idiot.

They don't have a lower marginal tax rate than someone making 1/3 of what they do.

They have a 33% marginal federal tax rate, a 10% marginal state tax rate in CA, plus 1.45% for Medicare and a loss of deductions due to AMT.

No wonder he exists on the fringe... Probably needs a calculator to figure tips on his annual dining out adventure!

No wonder he exists on the fringe... Probably needs a calculator to figure tips on his annual dining out adventure!

He didn't even read the article. Here are some interesting bits:

Individual tax rates vary widely based on how much a taxpayer earns, where the person lives and other factors. On average, though, the tax rate paid by all Americans — rich and poor, combined — has fallen 26% since the recession began in 2007. That means a $3,400 annual tax savings for a household paying the average national rate and earning the average national household income of $102,000.

This tax drop has boosted consumer spending and the economy, which grew at a 3.2% annual rate in the first quarter. It also has contributed to the federal debt growing to $8.4 trillion.

Taxes paid have fallen much faster than income in this recession. Personal income fell 2% last year. Taxes paid dropped 23%. The BEA classifies Social Security taxes as insurance payments and excludes them from the tax calculation.

Why the tax bite has eased:

• Stimulus law. One-third of last year's $862 billion economic stimulus went for tax cuts. Biggest reduction: The Making Work Pay tax credit reduced income taxes $800 for married couples earning up to $150,000.

• Progressive tax rates. Presidents Clinton and Bush pushed through a series of tax changes — credits, lower rates, higher exemptions — that slashed income taxes for poor and middle-class families. A drop in income now can trigger big tax breaks and sharply lower rates, sometimes falling to zero.

• Sales tax. Consumers cut spending sharply in this downturn, thereby paying less in sales taxes.

Net net - tax receipts fell because people are earning less money, the stimulus bill paid out credits to people making $150K or less, people are spending less money, and SS taxes are not included as taxes. And let's not forget the big increase in the Unemployed who don't pay taxes.

Last edited:

Now we get to the crux of it all..... ENVY and JEALOUSY.

How pathetic. Who did this to you?

the small business owner who cut my pay and everyone else at the company by 30%, citing falling revenues, and then behind everyone's back she took a 200% raise for herself. so dont tell me all "small business" owners are getting the short end of the stick when they control everything and can punish the people who work hard for them.

Forum List

Back