🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Mike Rowe has AWESOME Response for Liberal Who is Tired of His Talk About “Work Ethic”

No the biggest flaw in the system is folks thinking they can enter the main stream work force with massive tattoos, piercings, pants around your knees and pink or purple hair.Also like he said in the article they are telling kids to get an education, go in debt, for jobs that really don't exist in large numbers anymore. Also this notion that any job is beneath anyone is a fable that needs busting. I worked some really crappy, nasty jobs in my life, but I never got one day of unemployment because I was raised with the ethic of if you need work, you take what you can get until something better comes along. People aren't raising their kids that way now.

What's your point? My top Engineer is 29, has three Masters Degrees AND a PhD. He also has tats, piercings, and hair that changes color weekly. Perhaps you need to climb out of your cave and listen as well as look at people.

Are you telling me any fortune 500 company would take a serious look at a guy like that, especially right out of school.

No the biggest flaw in the system is folks thinking they can enter the main stream work force with massive tattoos, piercings, pants around your knees and pink or purple hair.Also like he said in the article they are telling kids to get an education, go in debt, for jobs that really don't exist in large numbers anymore. Also this notion that any job is beneath anyone is a fable that needs busting. I worked some really crappy, nasty jobs in my life, but I never got one day of unemployment because I was raised with the ethic of if you need work, you take what you can get until something better comes along. People aren't raising their kids that way now.

What's your point? My top Engineer is 29, has three Masters Degrees AND a PhD. He also has tats, piercings, and hair that changes color weekly. Perhaps you need to climb out of your cave and listen as well as look at people.

Are you telling me any fortune 500 company would take a serious look at a guy like that, especially right out of school.
Only if he was already working there already and got them over time and never planned on working anywhere else. That's the only scenario I can see for such circumstances.

Lemme guess, someone pointed out what a hypocrite he is being paid however much per episode for doing work which the actual workers would only be paid a hundred or so? :)

This guy has it totally right, too bad for the apologist on the left.
If you're a lefty read the complete article, you might learn something. Here's a taste, the rest at the link.

I started mikeroweWORKS to talk about these issues, and shine a light on a few million good jobs that no one seems excited about. But mostly, I wanted to remind people that real opportunity still exists for those individuals who are willing to work hard, learn a skill, and make a persuasive case for themselves. Sadly, you see my efforts as “right wing propaganda.” But why? Are our differences really political? Or is it something deeper? Something philosophical?

Who the fuck are you talking to? Who here has said that working hard, learning a skill and making a case for yourself are 'right wing propaganda'?

Who are 'you people'? I work my ass off. Most of the 'lefties' that I know work their asses off. Who is trash talking the efficacy of work? Some random person that Mike Rowe chose to respond to?

According to many lefties there are no good paying jobs available, he pointed to that as the lie it is. The little entitled folks think those jobs are beneath them, if you bothered to actually read the article, he talked to employers who said, applicants who can pass the drug test, lack the basic soft skills to get and keep a job. That's a problem with the culture, not business.
That's a fucking lie and you know it. Left wing "propaganda" is "Go to school and prepare yourself for a good paying job. Education will help you compete. You need skills". It's right wingers who say don't go to school because no one wants to be brainwashed by a liberal professor. Besides, my parents worked hard and they only went to grade school.

If you're a lefty read the complete article, you might learn something. Here's a taste, the rest at the link.

I started mikeroweWORKS to talk about these issues, and shine a light on a few million good jobs that no one seems excited about. But mostly, I wanted to remind people that real opportunity still exists for those individuals who are willing to work hard, learn a skill, and make a persuasive case for themselves. Sadly, you see my efforts as “right wing propaganda.” But why? Are our differences really political? Or is it something deeper? Something philosophical?

Who the fuck are you talking to? Who here has said that working hard, learning a skill and making a case for yourself are 'right wing propaganda'?

Who are 'you people'? I work my ass off. Most of the 'lefties' that I know work their asses off. Who is trash talking the efficacy of work? Some random person that Mike Rowe chose to respond to?

According to many lefties there are no good paying jobs available, he pointed to that as the lie it is. The little entitled folks think those jobs are beneath them, if you bothered to actually read the article, he talked to employers who said, applicants who can pass the drug test, lack the basic soft skills to get and keep a job. That's a problem with the culture, not business.
That's a fucking lie and you know it. Left wing "propaganda" is "Go to school and prepare yourself for a good paying job. Education will help you compete. You need skills". It's right wingers who say don't go to school because no one wants to be brainwashed by a liberal professor. Besides, my parents worked hard and they only went to grade school.

Some of the best jobs in the country only requires a 9 month technical school. I got a job right out of high school with my vocational training there. Unfortunately for me, though I loved it in school, I hated being stuck behind that drafting board 8 hours a day, so I joined the Army and became a surveyor.

Some of the best jobs in the country only requires a 9 month technical school. I got a job right out of high school with my vocational training there. Unfortunately for me, though I loved it in school, I hated being stuck behind that drafting board 8 hours a day, so I joined the Army and became a surveyor.
82 Charlie? That was my first MOS. Forward Observer. Basically a surveyor. Since we used a theodolite for position and azimuth. Is that what you did?

GOP cuts funding for technical schools and jr. colleges - Google Search

82 Charlie? That was my first MOS. Forward Observer. Basically a surveyor. Since we used a theodolite for position and azimuth. Is that what you did?

GOP cuts funding for technical schools and jr. colleges - Google Search

81C, parlayed that into a civil survey job and that into a 51T Cartographer in the Army Reserves and retired as a 51H Construction Supervisor in the AGR system. And my drafting background helped in all of it.

As for you link, I don't think the feds should be involved in State schools, period.

And obama shut down the scholarship program for poor kids in D.C.....the Republicans fight for actual education reform...what you morons fight for is more money to be passed through your democrat unions to your democrat politicians while the children in this country get a failing education system...graduating only 50% of a high school class is not fighting for eductation....graduating kids who can't read, right or do math is not fighting for education...but that is what you morons protect.....our kids can't compete because you idiots control the education system and poor, angry, hopeless people are good democrat voters....you have voter turn out factories, not schools.....

30 of 50 State houses have a Republican sitting in them.
30 of 50 States have GOP appointees to the State Boards of Education
30 of 50 States have (assumingly) a majority of school district boards that reflect the wishes of the elctorate.

Liberals do not control education unless, somehow, 30 GOP governors are liberals.

When will the GOP take responsibility for it's actions?
they sure as hell dont run it in my state.....and in the 70's Cal was in the top 5.....now bottom 10......:dunno:
Bottom 10 of what? Be specific.
fuck off dean....your games are getting old.....i have put up link after link on this and because you cant except that democrats can fuck things up too,you play your "huh" games.....try this on the new people who dont know you....like i have said before....you aint fooling those who do know you.....
You are a lying shit and you know it. You post links? Really? Or should I say "RARELY"? You post very few links and you know it. You only need to go through your old posts to know that for a fact. Every opinion you have is given to you. Most everything you post is unbelievably juvenile. Do you ever back up anything with facts or substance. You love to call liar but I can't remember you ever actually proving a lie. You are only angry because I ignore you. You are the one playing games because you are a legend in your own mind who believes his bullshit is somehow relevant. Ignorance is never relevant. I would never try to fool you because you are already a fool. You did that on your own. If you had some relevancy, others would spend a moment to agree with me, but you don't matter enough to bother paying the slightest bit of attention. Feel lucky you were noticed for a brief moment.
You post links?
i posted 3-4 on the education in cal in another thread that you disappeared in it like you usually do when someone proves you wrong....
Every opinion you have is given to you.
and yours are not?....geezus....
Do you ever back up anything with facts or substance.
like your biased obsessed facts?....
You love to call liar but I can't remember you ever actually proving a lie.
how about this one,im still waiting for you to prove this ....
"Republicans HATE Education and want to END it"....show me a republican,even a far righty,saying they hate education so much,they want to end it all together...come on dean you said it....fucking back it up...
You are only angry because I ignore you
you fucking liar....you answer me just about every time i say something to you....like now...lol...
If you had some relevancy, others would spend a moment to agree with me
i have more thanks than you,so i guess more people agree with me than you....
but you don't matter enough to bother paying the slightest bit of attention.
kind of like what you are doing now,right?...
anytime you post here feel lucky you were noticed for that brief moment.....because most here think you are a joke....

Sure, so they can pay him crap.

I like Mike Rowe, he is an excellent example of what a conservative populist ought to be, focused on working class America rather than the ultra-wealthy "job creators", upbeat, positive can-do attitude, no apparent meanness. If republicans were more like him I would consider voting for a few of them. Unfortunately they tend to be blackholes of negativity, bitterness and a "we can't afford to be great anymore" fatalism.

then go vote for your America is evil party the dems.

A college degree does not necessarily mean you'll get a high paying job.

How many people with BullShit degrees are working as baristas these days?

Waitresses?

Cashiers?

Face it a BA in Women's studies or Psych ain't gonna get you shit

You'd be better off being a plumber, electrician, carpenter or welder

30 of 50 State houses have a Republican sitting in them.
30 of 50 States have GOP appointees to the State Boards of Education
30 of 50 States have (assumingly) a majority of school district boards that reflect the wishes of the elctorate.

Liberals do not control education unless, somehow, 30 GOP governors are liberals.

When will the GOP take responsibility for it's actions?
they sure as hell dont run it in my state.....and in the 70's Cal was in the top 5.....now bottom 10......:dunno:
fuck off dean....your games are getting old.....i have put up link after link on this and because you cant except that democrats can fuck things up too,you play your "huh" games.....try this on the new people who dont know you....like i have said before....you aint fooling those who do know you.....
You are a lying shit and you know it. You post links? Really? Or should I say "RARELY"? You post very few links and you know it. You only need to go through your old posts to know that for a fact. Every opinion you have is given to you. Most everything you post is unbelievably juvenile. Do you ever back up anything with facts or substance. You love to call liar but I can't remember you ever actually proving a lie. You are only angry because I ignore you. You are the one playing games because you are a legend in your own mind who believes his bullshit is somehow relevant. Ignorance is never relevant. I would never try to fool you because you are already a fool. You did that on your own. If you had some relevancy, others would spend a moment to agree with me, but you don't matter enough to bother paying the slightest bit of attention. Feel lucky you were noticed for a brief moment.
You post links?
i posted 3-4 on the education in cal in another thread that you disappeared in it like you usually do when someone proves you wrong....
"Republicans HATE Education and want to END it"....show me a republican,even a far righty,saying they hate education so much,they want to end it all together...come on dean you said it....fucking back it up...
you fucking liar....you answer me just about every time i say something to you....like now...lol...
anytime you post here feel lucky you were noticed for that brief moment.....because most here think you are a joke....

Oh wow, you have more thanks than me. Good for you. Course, this GOP are a party of fools. So you are being thanked by fools. Hilarious! And what do you know about education? People like you believe the earth is only thousands of years old, that evolution is a lie. When right wingers want to teach nonsense, that isn't education, that's mysticism. The end of education.
Mitt Romney ran on fewer teachers. How many fewer? For all we know, all of them. And look at Rick Santorum. He was the front runner at one time:

Conservative groups across the US are planning a co-ordinated assault against public sector rights and services in the key areas of education, healthcare, income tax, workers' compensation and the environment, documents obtained by the Guardian reveal.

The strategy for the state-level organisations, which describe themselves as "free-market thinktanks", includes proposals from six different states for cuts in public sector pensions, campaigns to reduce the wages of government workers and eliminate income taxes, school voucher schemes to counter public education, opposition to Medicaid, and a campaign against regional efforts to combat greenhouse gas emissions that cause climate change.

State conservative groups plan US-wide assault on education health and tax US news The Guardian

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/13/education/13texas.html?_r=0
Texas Conservatives Win Curriculum Change

republicans cut public education - Google Search

The GOP's goal is to destroy this country by changing it into a kind of Business run country with a kind of pseudo Christian hierarchy. How do we know? Their actions pretty much say it all. Now you dumb shit nitwit, post some evidence that Republicans support education. Come on. I dare you.

And just so you know, I don't care that you live in your mother's basement. I suspect there are a surprising number of older virgin right wing conservative men living in their mom's basement. So don't feel you are alone. Think about all the thanks given you by nuttybaggers right here on the USMB.

You post links?

Oh wow, you have more thanks than me. Good for you. Course, this GOP are a party of fools. So you are being thanked by fools. Hilarious! And what do you know about education? People like you believe the earth is only thousands of years old, that evolution is a lie. When right wingers want to teach nonsense, that isn't education, that's mysticism. The end of education.
Mitt Romney ran on fewer teachers. How many fewer? For all we know, all of them. And look at Rick Santorum. He was the front runner at one time:

Conservative groups across the US are planning a co-ordinated assault against public sector rights and services in the key areas of education, healthcare, income tax, workers' compensation and the environment, documents obtained by the Guardian reveal.

The strategy for the state-level organisations, which describe themselves as "free-market thinktanks", includes proposals from six different states for cuts in public sector pensions, campaigns to reduce the wages of government workers and eliminate income taxes, school voucher schemes to counter public education, opposition to Medicaid, and a campaign against regional efforts to combat greenhouse gas emissions that cause climate change.

State conservative groups plan US-wide assault on education health and tax US news The Guardian

The GOP's goal is to destroy this country by changing it into a kind of Business run country with a kind of pseudo Christian hierarchy. How do we know? Their actions pretty much say it all. Now you dumb shit nitwit, post some evidence that Republicans support education. Come on. I dare you.

And just so you know, I don't care that you live in your mother's basement. I suspect there are a surprising number of older virgin right wing conservative men living in their mom's basement. So don't feel you are alone. Think about all the thanks given you by nuttybaggers right here on the USMB.

Yeah school choice is a pogrom against government schools.

Why are you for forcing people to attend government schools?

You post links?

geezus.....did i hit a nerve?.....

You post links?

No, I just felt it was time you got spanked. It wasn't difficult. I did feel bad though. Beating down a simpleton. Seems mean.

I actually think most people don't want to work because we tend to want to take the easiest path in life. Here is an example: two jobs pay 15 an hour. One is shovelling crap and the other is sitting at a desk. Which one would you take? However, financial motivations (profit motive) may compell us to do a job that isn't easy if it paid enough which is why garbage men get paid well. It's the only way to get people to apply. I think to convince people that hard work is a virtue in itself or it is its own reward (yuck) is really convincing us to work at an undesirable job for low wages.

You post links?

Yea right Rderp reading the man made global climate change cult they act like the earth is only 130 year's old.

I actually think most people don't want to work because we tend to want to take the easiest path in life. Here is an example: two jobs pay 15 an hour. One is shovelling crap and the other is sitting at a desk. Which one would you take? However, financial motivations (profit motive) may compell us to do a job that isn't easy if it paid enough which is why garbage men get paid well. It's the only way to get people to apply. I think to convince people that hard work is a virtue in itself or it is its own reward (yuck) is really convincing us to work at an undesirable job for low wages.

You have a point. Once upon a time, hard, dirty, dangerous work was known as "the poor man's college degree", because most people didn't want to do them, so they had to pay a lot to compensate, and they were a way for people who couldn't go to college could still earn good money.

Now, of course, some people think the way to do that is to sit in a protest mob, holding a sign and sniveling.

You post links?

No, I just felt it was time you got spanked. It wasn't difficult. I did feel bad though. Beating down a simpleton. Seems mean.

You post links?

I read the link on TX, didn't see a damn thing wrong with what has been proposed.

Forum List

Back