Military Historian Hammers Dick Cheney On Iraq

Twice on Tim Russert Cheney explicitly states that Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11.

Did he take responsibility for previously saying Iraq was connected to 9/11? The Dick would just like for us to forget what he originally said as justification for invading Iraq.

Twice on Tim Russert Cheney explicitly states that Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11.

Did he take responsibility for previously saying Iraq was connected to 9/11? The Dick would just like for us to forget what he originally said as justification for invading Iraq.

NO, LaDorka...he and OTHERS stated that Saddam were involved in TERRORISM, and PAYING people to do such acts. Get YOUR facts straight.:eusa_hand:

NO, LaDorka...he and OTHERS stated that Saddam were involved in TERRORISM, and PAYING people to do such acts. Get YOUR facts straight.:eusa_hand:

huh?

your FACT should be easily traced to a link stating said FACT ... please produce one.

huh?

your FACT should be easily traced to a link stating said FACT ... please produce one.
Do your OWN fucking work idiot.:eusa_hand:

I guess if I had the blood of thousands of young American soldiers on my hands, like Cheney does, I'd have a hard time admitting to my errors too.

I'm trying to feel empathy for Cheney, which he himself is incapable of doing for anyone.

huh?

translation: I can't because I was LYING !

nonetheless, I don't read and quote articles from BS talking point memo's RW's subscribe to

Former Vice President Dick Cheney's recent claims that President Obama is responsible for misleading people about the Iraq war has drawn disapproval from opponents including military historian Andrew Bacevich.

When Bacevich spoke with HuffPost Live's Josh Zeppson Thursday, he had harsh words for Cheney's Wall Street Journal op-ed:

I do have to say, that is genuine chutzpah to blame President Obama for misleading the American people given the quotes we have of Cheney, on the record, declaring that he knew, for sure, that Saddam had weapons of mass destruction, knew for sure that Saddam was in cahoots with Al Qaeda -- all of that turning out to be nonsense.​

Watch the full conversation with Andrew Bacevich and the Iraq crisis below:

MORE: Andrew Bacevich Thinks Cheney's WSJ Op-Ed On The Iraq War Is 'Genuine Chutzpah'

Cheney's attempts to whitewash the deceitful Bush/Cheney years won't fool historians.

The issue of WMD's has been hashed over so many times I want to bazooka barf. To blame only Cheney for saying that Saddam had WMD's is utterly false.

And I know that MSNBC and Chris Matthew falsely and selectively edited the President's and Vice President's words to make him sound like Al Qaeda and Hussein were one and the same.

I give this historian ......

four-pinocchios.jpg

Last edited:
Former Vice President Dick Cheney's recent claims that President Obama is responsible for misleading people about the Iraq war has drawn disapproval from opponents including military historian Andrew Bacevich.

When Bacevich spoke with HuffPost Live's Josh Zeppson Thursday, he had harsh words for Cheney's Wall Street Journal op-ed:

I do have to say, that is genuine chutzpah to blame President Obama for misleading the American people given the quotes we have of Cheney, on the record, declaring that he knew, for sure, that Saddam had weapons of mass destruction, knew for sure that Saddam was in cahoots with Al Qaeda -- all of that turning out to be nonsense.​

MORE: Andrew Bacevich Thinks Cheney's WSJ Op-Ed On The Iraq War Is 'Genuine Chutzpah'

Cheney's attempts to whitewash the deceitful Bush/Cheney years won't fool historians.

Andrew Bacevich is a biased critic from the isolationist libertarian camp. So his comments about Dick Cheney are not a surprise.

But the fact of the matter is, Dick Cheney was right, Saddam needed to be removed from power, given the collapse of the containment regime around him, and it was a great thing the United States did it before he was able to rebuild past conventional military and WMD capabilities. That saved a huge number of lives and made the invasion and occupation easier than it would have been.

I do have to say, that is genuine chutzpah to blame President Obama for misleading the American people given the quotes we have of Cheney, on the record, declaring that he knew, for sure, that Saddam had weapons of mass destruction, knew for sure that Saddam was in cahoots with Al Qaeda -- all of that turning out to be nonsense.

The issue of WMD's has been hashed over so many times I want to bazooka barf. To blame only Cheney for saying that Saddam had WMD's is utterly false.

And I know that MSNBC and Chris Matthew falsely and selectively edited the President's and Vice President's words to make him sound like Al Qaeda and Hussein were one and the same.

I give this historian ......

four-pinocchios.jpg

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSwSDvgw5Uc"]Democrats, WMD's & The Iraq War - YouTube[/ame]

History Revisionism is their only weapon...only the gullible, perpetually STUPID believe it. Ladorka has quite a following. SAD.

I guess if I had the blood of thousands of young American soldiers on my hands, like Cheney does, I'd have a hard time admitting to my errors too.

I'm trying to feel empathy for Cheney, which he himself is incapable of doing for anyone.

I thought more soldiers died under Obama's running the wars.

I thought more soldiers died under Obama's running the wars.
Yep...MORE...and Civilian Ambassadors to boot under this regime.

huh?

nonetheless, I don't read and quote articles from BS talking point memo's RW's subscribe to

He's not lying. The media have distorted their words. Or are you referring to Saddam paying families of suicide bombers? Because at this point that should be common knowledge.

Unidentified reporter: "Mr. President, do you believe that Saddam Hussein is a bigger threat to the United States than al-Qaeda?"

George W. Bush: "That's a, that is an interesting question. I'm trying to think of something humorous to say. But I can't when I think about al-Qaeda and Saddam Hussein. They're both risks, they're both dangerous.

The difference, of course, is that al-Qaeda likes to hijack governments. Saddam Hussein is a dictator of a government. Al-Qaeda hides, Saddam doesn't, but the danger is, is that they work in concert. The danger is, is that al-Qaeda becomes an extension of Saddam's madness and his hatred and his capacity to extend weapons of mass destruction around the world.

Both of them need to be dealt with. The war on terror, you can't distinguish between al-Qaeda and Saddam when you talk about the war on terror.

And so it's a comparison that is, I can't make because I can't distinguish between the two, because they're both equally as bad, and equally as evil, and equally as destructive."

MSNBC Distorts Bush, Cheney Words on Iraq-9/11 Link | NewsBusters

And when you go to the link you will see how Hardball butchers that comment.

Last edited:

He's not lying. The media have distorted their words. Or are you referring to Saddam paying families of suicide bombers? Because at this point that should be common knowledge.

Unidentified reporter: "Mr. President, do you believe that Saddam Hussein is a bigger threat to the United States than al-Qaeda?"

George W. Bush: "That's a, that is an interesting question. I'm trying to think of something humorous to say. But I can't when I think about al-Qaeda and Saddam Hussein. They're both risks, they're both dangerous.

The difference, of course, is that al-Qaeda likes to hijack governments. Saddam Hussein is a dictator of a government. Al-Qaeda hides, Saddam doesn't, but the danger is, is that they work in concert. The danger is, is that al-Qaeda becomes an extension of Saddam's madness and his hatred and his capacity to extend weapons of mass destruction around the world.

Both of them need to be dealt with. The war on terror, you can't distinguish between al-Qaeda and Saddam when you talk about the war on terror.

And so it's a comparison that is, I can't make because I can't distinguish between the two, because they're both equally as bad, and equally as evil, and equally as destructive."

MSNBC Distorts Bush, Cheney Words on Iraq-9/11 Link | NewsBusters

And when you go to the link you will see how Hardball butchers that comment.
See how these idiots won't bother to search the truth on their own? They are afraid of the TRUTH.

huh?

TRUTH does NOT lie son...However/ YOU remain afraid of the truth...WHY is that? I don't do the work of research YOU should do...but then *I* am NOT a scum-sucking liberal/Staist psychophant either.:eusa_hand:

Get over yourself. YOU would feel so much better son.

still with these Obot whiners after six years of trying to cover his ass

and funny is that Obama and his sheep NEVER thought once about staying silent while they BLAMED everything on Bush...and another hilarious here, they used FOX NEWS for a link instead of blaming it for all Obama's problems
Bush: Obama 'Deserves My Silence,' Won't Criticize New Administration | Fox News

we know who has the class and is more Presidential and who doesn't

Leave Obama along

President Bush said Saddam gave aid and protection to members of al Qaeda. It doesn't matter whether he meant before 9/11 or after 9/11, it was a totally fabricated lie. If Saddam gave aid to al Qaeda it means he was involved with them. If Saddam gave protection to al Qaeda it means Saddam was involved with al Qaeda. If Saddam was involved with al Qaeda it means he was involved with 9/11 on some level. That is what Bush told us.

TRUTH does NOT lie son...However/ YOU remain afraid of the truth...WHY is that? I don't do the work of research YOU should do...but then *I* am NOT a scum-sucking liberal/Staist psychophant either.:eusa_hand:

Get over yourself. YOU would feel so much better son.

If it goes against their agenda, it's a lie. Even though it's the truth, that is a lie! Oh, never mind I see why liberals are so screwed up.

still with these Obot whiners after six years of trying to cover his ass

and funny is that Obama and his sheep NEVER thought once about staying silent while they BLAMED everything on Bush...and another hilarious here, they used FOX NEWS for a link instead of blaming it for all Obama's problems
Bush: Obama 'Deserves My Silence,' Won't Criticize New Administration | Fox News

we know who has the class and is more Presidential and who doesn't

Leave Obama along

The LEFT has never possessed CLASS...they are incapable of it. But then it is hard to teach CHILDREN class...:eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back