🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Military plane crash

What we know.

It was a KC-130, part of the Marine Forces Reserve. It was not engaged in refueling at the time.

It took off from Cherry Point, NC, and was heading for California to take part in a training exercise. It was carrying passengers.

It suffered a catastrophic failure at 20,000 feet and spiraled down, not making any radio contact.
:cry:

What we know.

It was a KC-130, part of the Marine Forces Reserve. It was not engaged in refueling at the time.

It took off from Cherry Point, NC, and was heading for California to take part in a training exercise. It was carrying passengers.

It suffered a catastrophic failure at 20,000 feet and spiraled down, not making any radio contact.
Prop? Always used to tell us that a catastrophic prop failure is a death sentence.

Witnesses heard an explosion, then saw it spiraling down-
Military plane crash that killed 16 'one of the worst fires you can imagine'
Andy Jones, a local farmer, said he heard a loud boom looked and up to find the aircraft spinning downward.

"You looked up and you saw the plane twirling around," Jones told The Associated Press late Monday. "It was spinning down."
What we know.

Prop? Always used to tell us that a catastrophic prop failure is a death sentence.

This was actually a refueling c-130, from what I heard.

The plane, which the military can use to refuel planes in the air and carry cargo, went down in a rural area just off US 82, about 85 miles north of Jackson, with debris found on both sides of the highway, CNN affiliate WDBD reported.
I heard it was carrying unspecified equipment and personnel.

It was carrying Marine Raiders, spec ops for fighting terrorism

What we know.

Could have thrown a turbine blade too...we had that happen on one of ours....thank god it happened on the ground in Hawaii....blew the whole leading edge off.

Glad it was on the ground bodecea

Witnesses describe scene of military plane crash
Investigators told ABC’s Mississippi affiliate WLOX-TV that debris was found on both sides of the highway, which they said could indicate that the plane may have exploded mid-air.

Witnesses reported hearing a loud “crackling” noise at the time of the crash, which filled the air with thick clouds of black smoke and spread debris for miles.

Chris Nissen, who shot video of the aftermath, said there were lots of small explosions after the initial crash.

What we know.

Could have thrown a turbine blade too...we had that happen on one of ours....thank god it happened on the ground in Hawaii....blew the whole leading edge off.

This was actually a refueling c-130, from what I heard.

The plane, which the military can use to refuel planes in the air and carry cargo, went down in a rural area just off US 82, about 85 miles north of Jackson, with debris found on both sides of the highway, CNN affiliate WDBD reported.
I heard it was carrying unspecified equipment and personnel.

It was carrying Marine Raiders, spec ops for fighting terrorism
Hmmmm....you know how much the libs hate the military and love muzzies....

16 service members killed in military plane crash in Mississippi

With the way Obastard crippled the military, it's a miracle any military aircraft can still fly.

RIP!
This is perhaps the saddest news of the day, and your president doesn't have the decency to hold a press conference about it, but instead tweets his condolences....what a ass ho!! May these brave brave brave angels rest in peace!! I love our military and it breaks my heart they have such a ass ho as a leader in cheat!!

With the way Obastard crippled the military, it's a miracle any military aircraft can still fly.

RIP!
This is perhaps the saddest news of the day, and your president doesn't have the decency to hold a press conference about it, but instead tweets his condolences....what a ass ho!! May these brave brave brave angels rest in peace!! I love our military and it breaks my heart they have such a ass ho as a leader in cheat!!
The sickness of the left knows no bounds.

RIP!

Oh good gawd, do you people gave to make every thread a hate Trump thread?

Last edited:

RIP!
The sickness of the left knows no bounds.
As a vet, my heart is sincere.....and yes, I loathe the GOP, Trump and you!!

you mean trump hasnt taken care of that yet?

and how the hell can you blame obama....o wait you just do
How can trump fix 8 years of obastard in 8 months with all the libs and media forever attacking his every move?
Repugs run everything now, and they had control of spending for 6 of Obama's 8 years. Maybe if they actually took care of things instead of grandstanding and political theater, the military would have been better taken care of. Hard to say the military has been "gutted" when they get over half a trillion dollars every year.

RIP!

Oh god gawd, do you people gave to make every thread a hate Trump thread?
Why not? It was already made a hate Obama thread in the OP.

How can trump fix 8 years of obastard in 8 months with all the libs and media forever attacking his every move?
Repugs run everything now, and they had control of spending for 6 of Obama's 8 years. Maybe if they actually took care of things instead of grandstanding and political theater, the military would have been better taken care of. Hard to say the military has been "gutted" when they get over half a trillion dollars every year.
Well golly, I never said the military had been gutted, and since you have no idea what it costs to keep our military in shape, I'll just right this off as another Trump hating lib, clueless as ever.

RIP!

Not that you will, but you can look and see what obastard has done to the military.

Authorities is Mississippi say at least five people were killed when a U.S. Marine Corps KC-130 refueling plane crashed Monday evening. Leflore County Sheriff Ricky Banks told the Greenwood Commonwealth newspaper that nine people were supposed to be on board the plane, which crashed in a soybean field approximately 85 miles north of Jackson. He said a helicopter was searching for more remains. Marine Corps spokeswoman Capt. Sarah Burns said in a statement that the aircraft "experienced a mishap" Monday evening. Greenwood Fire Chief Marcus Banks, no relation to the sheriff, said the crash was reported about 4 p.m. local time and debris from the plane was scattered in a radius of about 5 miles. An intense fire fed by jet fuel hampered firefighters, Banks said, causing them to turn to unmanned devices in an attempt to control the flames. "We were driven away by several high-intensity explosions," he said. Aerial pictures taken by WLBT-TV showed the skeleton of the plane burning strongly, producing plumes of black smoke visible for miles across the flat landscape of the delta. Austin Jones, who owns a neighboring farm, said the fire continued after sunset. "It's burning worse now than it was early in the afternoon," said Jones. He said his son watched the plane go down while working on the farm and said it was smoking as it descended. Officials did not have information on what caused the crash or where the flight originated.

RSOE EDIS - Vehicle Accident event in USA on July 11 2017 02:37 AM

Well golly, I never said the military had been gutted, and since you have no idea what it costs to keep our military in shape, I'll just right this off as another Trump hating lib, clueless as ever.
Sorry, should have said "crippled." If spending over half a trillion dollars is "crippling", then cripple me! Trump will spend the same amount of money on the military and the right will proclaim how wonderful it is that the military is finally getting all the money it deserves.

Sorry, should have said "crippled." If spending over half a trillion dollars is "crippling", then cripple me! Trump will spend the same amount of money on the military and the right will proclaim how wonderful it is that the military is finally getting all the money it deserves.
Notice how the troll completely ignores the fact that he has no idea what it costs to run the military.

RIP!

Not that you will, but you can look and see what obastard has done to the military.
What has Obama done to the military besides shower it with money year after year? Link?

Forum List

Back