🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Military plane crash

14600866_10210760580752969_1233194022285513049_n.jpg

Marine Sgt. Owen Lennon

If an ultralight was flying at 20,000 feet I think someone would have noticed the impossibility.

I have to agree on the C-140. Since they were retired years ago, I don't think they would be missed. That begs the question what it was doing up there.

If you have no indication that another aircraft is present, you sort have to assume that it didn't collide with an visible wall in the sky.

I stated that I would wait for the report.

Now, go rinse out your bowl and pour yourself some more cornflakes.
Obviously you know less about flying than being an Admiral in the United States Navy.

Scroll up; the altitude record for an ultralight is 26,900'.

As for C-140s, plenty are still flying along with C-120s, Taylorcraft BD-12Ds, Luscombes and, of course, Piper J-3s.

Cessna Aircraft For Sale | New and Used Cessna Airplanes at Barnstormers.com

Cessna 140: The Last of Cessna’s Little Taildraggers
Cessna 120s and 140s were that company’s answer to the imagined post-war boom in private aircraft. The 120, intended as a bare-bones trainer, was essentially a budget version of the 140 with no flaps, rear side windows, or electrical system in the initial iteration. The ragwing 140 and its later all-metal version, the 140A, were built from 1946 through 1950. Collectively, there were just under 7700 Cessna 120s and 140s built, about 300 of which are still flying.

Pardon me, but you said C-140. The C-140 is a military aircraft, the Lockheed Jetstar, not a Cessna 140.

Lockheed JetStar - Wikipedia

When you get your shit together, we'll talk.
You assumed. Get over it.

The discussion was regarding a midair with an aircraft that wasn't missed. GA aircraft would be in that category, not business, commercial or military aircraft on an IFR flight plan.

I did not assume. You fucked up!

If an ultralight was flying at 20,000 feet I think someone would have noticed the impossibility.

I have to agree on the C-140. Since they were retired years ago, I don't think they would be missed. That begs the question what it was doing up there.

If you have no indication that another aircraft is present, you sort have to assume that it didn't collide with an visible wall in the sky.

Obviously you know less about flying than being an Admiral in the United States Navy.

As for C-140s, plenty are still flying along with C-120s, Taylorcraft BD-12Ds, Luscombes and, of course, Piper J-3s.

Cessna 120s and 140s were that company’s answer to the imagined post-war boom in private aircraft. The 120, intended as a bare-bones trainer, was essentially a budget version of the 140 with no flaps, rear side windows, or electrical system in the initial iteration. The ragwing 140 and its later all-metal version, the 140A, were built from 1946 through 1950. Collectively, there were just under 7700 Cessna 120s and 140s built, about 300 of which are still flying.

Pardon me, but you said C-140. The C-140 is a military aircraft, the Lockheed Jetstar, not a Cessna 140.

The discussion was regarding a midair with an aircraft that wasn't missed. GA aircraft would be in that category, not business, commercial or military aircraft on an IFR flight plan.

Disagreed, but go ahead and believe you are 100% correct.

Disagreed, but go ahead and believe you are 100% correct.

Your disagreement with my facts is irrelevant. The facts makes me 100% correct. You blew it, but it is far to difficult for you to man up.

636356226037737968-goyette-caine-fullsize.jpg

Major Caine M. Goyette (Photo: Marine Forces Reserve)
636356229556028521-hopkins-mark-fullsize.jpg

Gunnery Sgt
Mark A. Hopkins

636356235982801718-schaaff-collin-fullsize.jpg

Corporal Collin J. Schaaff
(Photo: Marine Forces Reserve)

636356236790262894-cox-robert-fullsize.jpg

Staff Sgt Robert H. Cox

636356239587672826-jenson-chad-fullsize.jpg

Sgt. Chad E. Jenson